PDA

View Full Version : Alarms

Canadian Beer42
07-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Any thoughts on alarms being in Far Cry 5? I didn't see any in the E3 Demo so maybe the alarms are just certain people who can call in reinforcements. However I was hoping for alarms that were just radios. And basically you just have to break the radio so the cult can't communicate with their reinforcements.

Also, does anyone have new ideas on how the alarms could work differently?

Fallen-Champ
07-06-2017, 08:16 PM
One thing I loved in the Goldeneye game was the cameras and gun turrets, you walk into the cameras area and the gun turret locks on to you - Gunscape tried this but it was quite raw.
Would love something like that in Far Cry or an alarm where you walk into a set area and a light switches on or a flare fires up on a parachute and as it floats down it lights up the area - like the military use.

I think they will still use the same alarm type things where you disable them but would welcome some changes.

Steve64b
07-06-2017, 09:11 PM
I think they may use signal flares this time around. Saw some in the video, and it wouldn't surprise me as the animation was somewhat somewhat in Far Cry 4 too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BldDAKeVQMQ#t=4m17s

HorTyS
07-07-2017, 01:03 AM
Mobile phones?

If they were able to use cell phones or radios with each other, it would beg the question why the protagonist doesn't use one to call for help, so I would assume radios and cell phones are a no go. Maybe short-range walkie talkie type communication, but cell phones or long range radio would contradict the idea that you are cut off from outside communication.

MikeJDRW
07-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Any thoughts on alarms being in Far Cry 5? I didn't see any in the E3 Demo so maybe the alarms are just certain people who can call in reinforcements. However I was hoping for alarms that were just radios. And basically you just have to break the radio so the cult can't communicate with their reinforcements.

Also, does anyone have new ideas on how the alarms could work differently?

Just about every place here has a dog.....if I walk past a house on my road, the alarm, 'er dog will go off! Hence to silence the alarm, you silence the dog. Some places might have more than 1 dog....

and, walkie-talkies? Guess you don't read the Big 5 ads.....they abound in those, weekly. But perhaps you were just kidding...

HorTyS
07-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Dogs have been used by the enemy in past games, and work as a local area alarm, making an outpost alert to your presence, but I believe Canadian Beer here is referring to alarms that would call in reinforcements from outside an outpost or liberation point.

I did notice that in some of the e3 gameplay I saw a tagged sniper on a roof and he had a peculiar icon above his head. Not one that seemed to imply he was a sniper but one that to me hinted he is capable of calling for back up, as the 'tag' sort of looked like service bars or radio signal logos. And it's a bit low quality because this is zoomed in from a youtube video, but it looks like the icon between the signals, is a bell. So I think that is an enemy able to call for reinforcements, i.e. someone you'd want to prioritize first on taking an outpost so backup can't be called in...

Check it out up in the top left of this screen grab:

http://i.imgur.com/DTy6Dm0l.png

Thoughts?

akilyoung
07-26-2017, 11:33 PM
Imo they should have multiple types so its not so monotonous.

One I would like to see, thats totally hillbilly, is the alarm NPC shooting his rifle into the air and wasting 5-10 rounds, while screaming something like 'THEYRE HERE!!!!'

HorTyS
07-26-2017, 11:54 PM
Imo they should have multiple types so its not so monotonous.

One I would like to see, thats totally hillbilly, is the alarm NPC shooting his rifle into the air and wasting 5-10 rounds, while screaming something like 'THEYRE HERE!!!!'

That would work as a local area alarm, but not necessarily one that would bring in reinforcements beyond other enemies that happened to be nearby. I think CanadianBeer is wondering about the alarms like the ones in FC3/4's outpost that basically spawned in more enemies that showed up who otherwise were not around....