PDA

View Full Version : Feat Revamp in For Honor

Redditmember55
07-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Dear FH Players, Dear Ubisoft Team,

just a short idea about the feats in For Honor, and how it could be revamped. They are not only OP characters but OP feats in the game and maybe the Devs could solve this unfair situation. Some heroes can use feats, which have a huge impact on the game, and some fighters have abilities, which have minor effects at the moment. For intsance Thick Blood is very useful, but only Wardens have it, these days we have a Sharpen Blade meta, and when the enemy has 2,3 assassins with this tiny purple feat than you are in trouble. We should have a fair feat revamp. Each character should have the chance to use all hero, class and faction specific feats in the game. It is a huge change, but we should make it somehow possible, players could buy for their favorite fighter every character's feats for steel, maybe each player could only buy 7,8 new feats in total (after that the gamer can't buy more, with this restriction players would choose their new feats wisely and not just spending all their steel) then it would not be so chaotic. This change would make the game and the heroes (really) adaptive. (If everbody can use Thick Blood we will also fix the current Sharpen Blabe meta.)

Dear Dev Team, could you speak about this idea in the next Dev Stream?

Dear For Honor Players, what do you think about this idea?

Charmzzz
07-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Imo they should remove "Thick Blood" completely and tone down Sharpen Blade Damage overall. And I am saying this as a PK Main. If everybody could have "Thick Blood" it will be horrible to play PK and Nobushi because alot of your Attacks are completely useless.

The only problematic feats I see:
- "Thick Blood" as mentioned above
- the 4 passive feat combo on Warlord ("Deadly" + "Flesh Wound" + "Tough as Nails" + "Auto Revive")
- the overtuned damage amplifying feats: "Unblockable", "Sharpen Blade", "Berzerker", "Fury", "Feat itself" -> all of these, especially a combination of 2, are totally out of control. Personally I "abuse" this too because if I don't I get annihilated by people who do. Combine "Sharpen Blade" with "Feat itself", go into a 1v1+X, pop Revenge and one-shot the whole enemy team with a zone attack. This cannot be right...

Gray360UK
07-04-2017, 02:13 PM
I think the feats are pretty balanced.

There seems to be a wave of hate for Assassins with Sharpen Blade at the moment which I don't really understand. It's never been a big problem for me, or at least it's only as much of a problem as meeting a Berserker with Fury + Fear Itself, getting shot by a Nobushi with a Longbow, getting Javelined by a Valkyrie or being Catapulted by a Knight.

Everyone has a trick up their sleeve that can turn the tide of a fight or two, but I don't think anyone is particularly OP or UP. Too easy to get killed by something and immediately call it OP, but you have to consider durations, availability and other mitigating circumstances.

Kaijudub
07-04-2017, 02:22 PM
I think the feats are pretty balanced.

There seems to be a wave of hate for Assassins with Sharpen Blade at the moment which I don't really understand. It's never been a big problem for me, or at least it's only as much of a problem as meeting a Berserker with Fury + Fear Itself, getting shot by a Nobushi with a Longbow, getting Javelined by a Valkyrie or being Catapulted by a Knight.

Everyone has a trick up their sleeve that can turn the tide of a fight or two, but I don't think anyone is particularly OP or UP. Too easy to get killed by something and immediately call it OP, but you have to consider durations, availability and other mitigating circumstances.

Would agree with this, other than the cent's feats.

I think the over shield feat for one is a game changer, and again vs 2 of them in 4s and you'll find the opponents constantly have amour.... Seems fair!

Gray360UK
07-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Would agree with this, other than the cent's feats.

I think the over shield feat for one is a game changer, and again vs 2 of them in 4s and you'll find the opponents constantly have amour.... Seems fair!

Yeah I did think about putting 'except for Centurion' but I figured that kinda goes without saying these days ;)

Redditmember55
07-04-2017, 03:17 PM
Some reconsidering, I know they are some feats that would be brutal on another heros, Shinobi's fourth feat (healt regen when you attack and take hit) would be too strong for a raider, or PK+ Shinobi's 1. feat (hiding from minimap) would be funny on a Shugoki. But they are lot of feats, that could be used by other warriors, for intsance heavy character using bounty hunter, teamplayer assasin using speed revive, we (FH community) should discuss this topic with the Dev team and find a solution. Then we could have more feat variatonis on our heroes. Maybe the Devs could make the faction feats common for everybody, speed revive for each hero and so on, with more feats we would have (more variations) a more tactical and team player game, not just restricted to your hero's class and faction.

Redditmember55
07-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Or another example just for the Centurions haymaker and the same feat for conquer, that ability is not so good for an assassin because they dont have punching, shield bash and kicking moves, we know this too, still there are more than dozen feats which could be use by all heroes.

MasterChiefPON
07-04-2017, 03:58 PM
I strongly believe that not all feats should be for general use, but some feats like the passive ones of damage boost, defense boost, health boost, revive speed, body count, conqueror, maybe bounty hunter and boar hunter and feats like those should be for everyone to use. I don't see fair that some characters get to choose between smoke or bear traps and stuff like that while others like Warlord get damage and defense boosts.

GaelonD
07-04-2017, 06:25 PM
I think, that most of the feats should be available for all the heroes, it should work as in a Call of Duty, each player has all perks, and from that you can choose your own favourite four perks. In my opinion speed revive, bounty hunter, body count and even some of the characters special feats are must have "perks". This would be really a fair point, plus you could customize and make a totally new hero type like a real team player assassin with speed revive and boosting feats for his (her) team.

bmason1000
07-04-2017, 07:03 PM
I don't know all the feats so i can't make an accrual example but i get the feeling if you cherry pick four feats there's a combination out there that would just be completely over the top. If this were implemented i imagine there being an absolute balance nightmare. For those who are going to say, and i know someone wants to, "game is already an unbalanced trash pile blah blah," do you want it to be worse?

Redditmember55
07-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Dear Ubisoft Team, Dear Ubisoft Forum Leaders,
could you somehow respond to this topic/idea and start with us a prosperating discussion?

Thanks for your help

UbiNoty
07-06-2017, 01:16 AM
Dear FH Players, Dear Ubisoft Team,

just a short idea about the feats in For Honor, and how it could be revamped. They are not only OP characters but OP feats in the game and maybe the Devs could solve this unfair situation. Some heroes can use feats, which have a huge impact on the game, and some fighters have abilities, which have minor effects at the moment. For intsance Thick Blood is very useful, but only Wardens have it, these days we have a Sharpen Blade meta, and when the enemy has 2,3 assassins with this tiny purple feat than you are in trouble. We should have a fair feat revamp. Each character should have the chance to use all hero, class and faction specific feats in the game. It is a huge change, but we should make it somehow possible, players could buy for their favorite fighter every character's feats for steel, maybe each player could only buy 7,8 new feats in total (after that the gamer can't buy more, with this restriction players would choose their new feats wisely and not just spending all their steel) then it would not be so chaotic. This change would make the game and the heroes (really) adaptive. (If everbody can use Thick Blood we will also fix the current Sharpen Blabe meta.)

Dear Dev Team, could you speak about this idea in the next Dev Stream?

Dear For Honor Players, what do you think about this idea?

Thanks for the feedback! We're currently in the process of revamping feats (we did a big update in 1.08.01 and theres a few changes in 1.09 as well I believe) so if you have any feedback on specific feats we'd love to hear your thoughts on them. I will make a note to the team to take a look at Sharpen Blade as well.

Redditmember55
07-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Dear Ubinoty,

thanks for your answer, maybe it was a little misunderstanding, I dont have problems/feedbacks with specific feats (like Sharpen Blade) it was for an example (I want all feats for everbody). The original idea was that could you allow us to use with every hero all other heroe"s, class and faction based/specific feats (except for those what we have already mentioned.) Could you tell the Devs this idea: all feats for each character, for instance speed revive for assassins, vanguards, bounty hunter for heavy warriors, bear trap for samurais and knights, conquer for vikings and samurais etc.
These new feat options would give the game a little fresh air, and it definitely needs it.

We appreciate your help

UbiNoty
07-07-2017, 01:09 AM
Dear Ubinoty,

thanks for your answer, maybe it was a little misunderstanding, I dont have problems/feedbacks with specific feats (like Sharpen Blade) it was for an example (I want all feats for everbody). The original idea was that could you allow us to use with every hero all other heroe"s, class and faction based/specific feats (except for those what we have already mentioned.) Could you tell the Devs this idea: all feats for each character, for instance speed revive for assassins, vanguards, bounty hunter for heavy warriors, bear trap for samurais and knights, conquer for vikings and samurais etc.
These new feat options would give the game a little fresh air, and it definitely needs it.

We appreciate your help

I'll pass along the suggestion so we can think a bit more broadly about our options regarding feats - but all feats for everyone could certainly cause some balance issues...just a thought.