PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Roadmap + Stunlock Frustration + Never Again Ubisoft

Trunks.GT
07-04-2017, 02:51 AM
I absolutely love playing 4v4 Dominion as a casual yet dedicated player and have supported this game by:

Purchasing 2x Deluxe Editions w/ Season Pass
Played since Open Beta
Purchased 1 Year Champion Status (for myself and another)
Purchased over 500k in steel (for myself and another) for the long term
Invested over 246h playtime in this game
Read forums, followed reddit (regular & competitive)
Followed Warriors Den
Watched endless you tube videos etc.
Practiced with Bots

and like so many of the fan base stuck with it (and will continue to do so) wanting FOR HONOR to be good, so bad...

However, the constant stun lock spam and inconsistent revenge mechanics (esp. against cents) in this "realistic fighter" turns what should be fun into plain frustration. Add to this a toxic community (not everyone but plenty), interruptions & connection issues plus disheartening (and sometimes condescending) responses from developers on forums / warriors den leaves me thinking the whole situation is a joke.

Is there a Road Map that Developers can share with the community? Something to give us a sense that our concerns are not only being listened to, but actually addressed. We've all heard the "Soon" & "Season 3" statements, but essentially what's in development (even without timeframe) of how the situation is going to improved.

THIS POST IS NOTHING NEW.
At this stage I'm just reinforcing what others before me have said and most likely just feeding the forums trolls, but for what it's worth figured speaking up to provide feedback was better than doing nothing.

Regardless of how this game turns out (still hoping it turns around) one thing is for certain, based purely on principle/experience I've had so far I'm never purchasing another Ubisoft title again.

tbtsrjc
07-04-2017, 04:35 AM
Amen.

Mia.Nora
07-04-2017, 06:50 AM
Is there a Road Map that Developers can share with the community? Something to give us a sense that our concerns are not only being listened to, but actually addressed. We've all heard the "Soon" & "Season 3" statements, but essentially what's in development (even without timeframe) of how the situation is going to improved.

Regardless of how this game turns out (still hoping it turns around) one thing is for certain, based purely on principle/experience I've had so far I'm never purchasing another Ubisoft title again.

I completely agree with all you said, especially the bolded part ' our concerns are not only being listened to, but actually addressed. ' Sadly I think all they do is listen and throw a few PR purpose comments about how much they value our feedback and that they are working on *it*. But so far, looking back this 8 months including betas, I cant see a single real improvement that shows this to be the case. Whenever there is a baby step in the right direction, shortly after it is completely overwritten by the next wrong decision.

Skulls & Bones would be my dream game, pirates, naval fight in a PvP environment, amazing graphics with huge customization. But since it is ubisoft I wont even check it out until it is a few months old with solid reviews. Any other company would have taken my money already, with Ubisoft now it is a case of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Dhaleks
07-04-2017, 09:39 AM
based purely on principle/experience I've had so far I'm never purchasing another Ubisoft title again.

Best decision you can make. With the pressure Vivendi is putting on them, Ubisoft is going for maximum rentability.
That will mean : more games, released as fast as possible with as much hype they can muster, and even less support afterwards. FH won't be the last failure I'm afraid...

guor6800
07-04-2017, 10:36 AM
I have been playing online games for the last 15 years. This is by far the worst experience i have ever had in gaming.

From now on pirating mode is active for ubisoft games. Never gonna give em a single penny after this waterloo game.

They had a chance to make this diamond, game of the year and the first in a series of wonderful competetive gaming.

The only thing ubisoft delivered is pure disappointment.

Nekhros79
07-04-2017, 11:02 AM
100% Agree.
I think we are all aware that there are a lot of problems on the devellopers side, it's the biggest problem but the community managers don't have a lot of power for that point.
BUT, there are few things that YOU(UbiJurassic,UbiNoty or even Eric Pope) could do to improve the situation :
- Publish A General Roadmap, and a real one where you would explain why the developpers are focusing on new contents instead of fixing the current game (i suppose it's a matter of $).
- Answer the real questions like this post instead of focusing on anwering new heroes suggestion or new modes suggestions we won't ever see
- Have a real Bug list, the "known issues" Post isn't taken care of (last update of Eric Pope at the end of may...)

What i listed doesn't represent a lot of work and it would help everyone, players & Ubisoft a lot.

Juuzaam
07-04-2017, 11:05 AM

Let me answer with a quote from Hamlett, Act 3, Scene 2, Line 92: "No"

Every time we asked for a direct answer, we got ignored or sooned...why would you think this changed?

Dhaleks
07-04-2017, 11:58 AM
BUT, there are few things that YOU(UbiJurassic,UbiNoty or even Eric Pope) could do to improve the situation :
- Publish A General Roadmap, and a real one where you would explain why the developpers are focusing on new contents instead of fixing the current game (i suppose it's a matter of $).
- Answer the real questions like this post instead of focusing on anwering new heroes suggestion or new modes suggestions we won't ever see
- Have a real Bug list, the "known issues" Post isn't taken care of (last update of Eric Pope at the end of may...)

What i listed doesn't represent a lot of work and it would help everyone, players & Ubisoft a lot.

That's not their job - and they can't take the risk to speak against the company they work for. All they can do is damage control, inform (to some extent) and pass on the community concerns to the devs. What the devs do with it is out of their control.

It's in the devs hands to catch up on their mess - not gonna happen, judging by their apathy these last few months.

Kaijudub
07-04-2017, 12:20 PM
As someone that has invested in the last 4 Ubisoft titles I can confirm that this is becoming standard procedure and feels sadly all too familiar.

The process goes:-

Get massively hyped at gorgeous looking preview videos and artwork.
Proceed to pre order with season pass.
Wait sometimes months with baited breath, only to receive the game, turn it on and think wtf?
Spend the first 3 months of release wondering where it all went wrong.
Watch related forum spiral into hatred towards said title.
Spend the next 6 months hoping / praying things get better while Ubisoft continue to destroy the game.

Rinse repeat and make money.

I still can't fathom how this is allowed to happen. i.e If I purchased faulty products anywhere else i'd be fully entitled to a refund. IF the company was renowned for producing faulty products or misleading the public with their products then trading standards get involved. How is it that Ubisoft can continue to release sub standard products without any kind of industry punishment?? IS mediocrity something thats just accepted in the gaming industry??

All we can do as players is not give them our money, hopefully enough of us are now scorned to have an impact.

How can Ubisoft expect us to get behind and support their games when they fail to do so themselves.

Dhaleks
07-04-2017, 12:31 PM
I still can't fathom how this is allowed to happen. i.e If I purchased faulty products anywhere else i'd be fully entitled to a refund.

I'm guessing they feel pretty safe with their refund policy (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000025223/How-do-I-request-a-refund-SHOP) :

All sales on PC digital content are final. Video games may NOT be returned if opened, unsealed, washed, worn, or non-defective.

There you go, it basically says "buy at your own risk, we don't really care what happens next".
Studios not feeling or being accountable for what they deliver is not new - although companies producing AAA titles are usually more cautious about their image.

Kaijudub
07-04-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing they feel pretty safe with their refund policy (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000025223/How-do-I-request-a-refund-SHOP) :

There you go, it basically says "buy at your own risk, we don't really care what happens next".
Studios not feeling or being accountable for what they deliver is not new - although companies producing AAA titles are usually more cautious about their image.

It just feels so wrong.

Draghmar
07-04-2017, 12:42 PM
I still can't fathom how this is allowed to happen. i.e If I purchased faulty products anywhere else i'd be fully entitled to a refund. IF the company was renowned for producing faulty products or misleading the public with their products then trading standards get involved. How is it that Ubisoft can continue to release sub standard products without any kind of industry punishment?? IS mediocrity something thats just accepted in the gaming industry??
Exactly. Gamers are very forgiving and tends to close their eyes on things that are broken. Also it's quite a standard to shut up anyone who is vocal about something being wrong with things like 'you've paid some money, you played for some time, so you'r not entitled to anything'. It's really weird but game companines use this to their own advantage - they know they can release crap and people still eat it like it was finest meal ever.

Actually I'm not sure if it's that simple. They can say whatever they want in their terms but those have to be in line with law in the country they're selling their game. For example buying game in Poland and then opening it doesn't block you from returning it. Of course there are different types of return based on different things but still there are options.

Gray360UK
07-04-2017, 12:46 PM
"Video games may NOT be returned if opened, unsealed, washed, worn, or non-defective"

Sorry what? Washed? Worn? Who does this with video games? Why do they? What's wrong with these people? ;)

Dhaleks
07-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Actually I'm not sure if it's that simple. They can say whatever they want in their terms but those have to be in line with law in the country they're selling their game. For example buying game in Poland and then opening it doesn't block you from returning it. Of course there are different types of return based on different things but still there are options.

This is true for physical copies, but nowadays, most people buy digital content (well, on PC at least) - and laws can be more fuzzy in that area.
Digital releases have more limits/disadvantages than physical games : you have less time or no possibility at all to ask for a refund, you don't really "own" the title you bought (just the "license" to use it, so to speak), you need a constant connection to use it or install/reinstall it, etc etc...

Not to mention that all countries are not on par regarding legislation about Internet, some being quite late to the party; in this context, the average consumer weights absolutely nothing : I mean, who's gonna bother with a lawsuit? :/

Draghmar
07-04-2017, 02:31 PM
This is true for physical copies, but nowadays, most people buy digital content (well, on PC at least) - and laws can be more fuzzy in that area.
Digital releases have more limits/disadvantages than physical games : you have less time or no possibility at all to ask for a refund, you don't really "own" the title you bought (just the "license" to use it, so to speak), you need a constant connection to use it or install/reinstall it, etc etc...

Not to mention that all countries are not on par regarding legislation about Internet, some being quite late to the party; in this context, the average consumer weights absolutely nothing : I mean, who's gonna bother with a lawsuit? :/
Yeah, but you quoted something that was about physical, not only digital.

Even if you buy physical copy you actually buy license. This was the case for a long, long time. There are limits of not owning something but owner of the license still needs to deliver something that was advertised (at least in my country) because if something is not right it's a case of broken agreement between seller and buyer. For example if I would find out that my hardware struggles to display content fluently even if it meet official requirements then I'm entitled to get refund. And in this case they could have whatever they want in their terms because no company's terms are above law. This is one of the reasons there so many technical information on the boxes.

Yes, it's true that different countries has different take on this matter. That's why I've said that it differ in each country.
Lawsuit? It doesn't have to be something so extreme. In Poland there is a institution that helps consumers with legal rights after they bought something and the company (or shop) that sold them this product don't want to respect local law. At most cases that is more then enough.

XxHunterHxX
07-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Its ez..just stop buying ubi games...by now if you dont know they put out ****ty games then its your fault not thers.....im not intersted in the new ac or far cry i know they will be broken day 1 i know its the same booring crap and i know they ir the type of games you play for 3 hours and ghet bored and wasted 60+ euros for a 3 hour fun and then uninstal the game so just dont buy ubi games its simple unles the game is like 10 euros 15 max since all the game they put out dont deserve more then 10-15 euros

Archeun
07-04-2017, 09:05 PM
For Honor is not going to be fixed anytime in the next 6 months. I suspect they demolished the development team after launch and are working with a skeleton crew. Ubisoft has lost my money. Skull and Bones looks really good but I will not even consider purchasing it until I am 1000% sure that the game is not only playable and balanced but has a community that isn't full of negative nellies and their Elite equivalent the Git Gud turds.

bmason1000
07-04-2017, 09:08 PM
but has a community that isn't full of negative nellies and their Elite equivalent the Git Gud turds.
Is that even possible in video games?

EDG_Avocado
07-04-2017, 09:24 PM
the chances of this game turning around is absolute zero. We have no hope left, We tried. But the developers just don't want to save this game.

It's over

Arekonator
07-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Sad thing about For Honor and imo reason why there is so much hate, is because the game got potential to be SO MUCH BETTER with comparatively little effort if there was a will to do so.

XxHunterHxX
07-05-2017, 12:08 AM
Sad thing about For Honor and imo reason why there is so much hate, is because the game got potential to be SO MUCH BETTER with comparatively little effort if there was a will to do so.

Takes them 1-2 months to relese a patch that changes nothing....you still ghet d/c you still ghet game freez at the end you still have **** mm you still have OP centurion with no nerf to the stamina he can kick you 99999999999999 times and still have enough stamina to run away from you this is just the developers trolling us now...

RenegadeRasta
07-05-2017, 12:16 AM
For Honor = Anarchy Reigns 2.0

Dude_of_Valor
07-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Best thing anyone can do is not buy a game until reviews are out. If I go and buy something from amazon (say a fitness skipping rope) I want to be sure I get one with really good reviews.Took me about 5 minutes to discern the good from the crap.

Treat games as the same, forget the hype because anyone that's creative can make you want to buy their trash. Know that if you buy a game on release, there is a good chance it won't work properly and a good chance it will never work.

I love the game For Honor and am lucky that I pretty much only play 1v1 so rarely deal with disconnection or OP classes. However I made the mistake of buying Destiny and a lot of it's DLC and although the game play and multiplayer was excellent, the story was not there.

As a result, I will not buy Destiny 2 until I can be sure it delivers what I think it will do.

If you truly want to make a statement, do not buy until you know the product is going to be what you want it to be.

UbiNoty
07-06-2017, 01:06 AM
I absolutely love playing 4v4 Dominion as a casual yet dedicated player and have supported this game by:

Purchasing 2x Deluxe Editions w/ Season Pass
Played since Open Beta
Purchased 1 Year Champion Status (for myself and another)
Purchased over 500k in steel (for myself and another) for the long term
Invested over 246h playtime in this game
Read forums, followed reddit (regular & competitive)
Followed Warriors Den
Watched endless you tube videos etc.
Practiced with Bots

and like so many of the fan base stuck with it (and will continue to do so) wanting FOR HONOR to be good, so bad...

However, the constant stun lock spam and inconsistent revenge mechanics (esp. against cents) in this "realistic fighter" turns what should be fun into plain frustration. Add to this a toxic community (not everyone but plenty), interruptions & connection issues plus disheartening (and sometimes condescending) responses from developers on forums / warriors den leaves me thinking the whole situation is a joke.

THIS POST IS NOTHING NEW.
At this stage I'm just reinforcing what others before me have said and most likely just feeding the forums trolls, but for what it's worth figured speaking up to provide feedback was better than doing nothing.

While we do put in our best efforts at communication, there are always places to improve. I will bring up your feedback about a roadmap to the team and try to push to see if they can provide something that will give you all a better idea of the scope of our visions and plans for the future.