PDA

View Full Version : Negative Defense Penetration

shawnthompson99
07-04-2017, 01:05 AM
If positive defense penetration negates X amount of your opponents defense stats, would a negative defense penetration add to your opponents defense stat?

mrmistark
07-04-2017, 04:36 AM
Well mate, I'll be honest here. I don't know, but if you are thinking about having this stat in the negative, you aren't making the most out of your gear. The attack and block damage won't even come close to the impact max defense pen will do. Think of it this way. 1 stat (defense pen) can outweigh 3 (defense stat). No matter the combination, defense penetration should at least be the secondary stat in your gear, most likely primary for higher tier.

What I do know is it can't make the defense of your opponent less than 0, so I would assume that it will not give any attack, just as negative block damage doesn't give them health when they block. I've asked this question a few times and never got confirmation though. Hope this helped

RatedChaotic
07-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Try it. It may be bugged and you'll be a god.

Shawn2572013
08-22-2017, 10:02 PM
How about having negative defense stats. If someone to the negative defense for all defensive gear does you defense just go really low or is there a base defense that it won't go under? This is outside of or before Defense penetration cones into play.

TheArc6
08-22-2017, 10:29 PM
How about having negative defense stats. If someone to the negative defense for all defensive gear does you defense just go really low or is there a base defense that it won't go under? This is outside of or before Defense penetration cones into play.

I read earlier today that your Defense stat has a hidden 0% benchmark minimum, same as with Defense Penetration

DaLast_Samurai
08-23-2017, 12:27 AM
I read earlier today that your Defense stat has a hidden 0% benchmark minimum, same as with Defense Penetration

Where did you read that if you don't mind me asking.
I read from most on here a while back that defense is a wasted stat because of defense penetration, but that you don't want to go negative because you will take on more damage than 0%.

So I'm really curious, and I'm already going to go make one of my profile's beefing up other stats at the expense of keeping my defense just above 0% and see how it feels.

To think, with my 180 maxed out gear I have for my main Orochi.
I can max out almost everything else in the armor categories if this doesn't matter!

Woo hoo!

TheArc6
08-23-2017, 12:32 AM
Where did you read that if you don't mind me asking.
I read from most on here a while back that defense is a wasted stat because of defense penetration, but that you don't want to go negative because you will take on more damage than 0%.

So I'm really curious, and I'm already going to go make one of my profile's beefing up other stats at the expense of keeping my defense just above 0% and see how it feels.

To think, with my 180 maxed out gear I have for my main Orochi.
I can max out almost everything else in the armor categories if this doesn't matter!

Woo hoo!

I wish I could remember. I know it was one of the forum posts, but I can't find which one. Sorry :/

TheArc6
08-23-2017, 12:35 AM
That post could have been wrong as well, so don't take my word for it

TheArc6
08-23-2017, 12:38 AM
Sorry for the multipost, but upon further research, you DO take more damage if your defense goes negative, but defense penetration can only bring it to 0%. In this case you want defense as close to 0% as possible while still remaining positive

DaLast_Samurai
08-23-2017, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I just got back from trying with negative 28 point something defense... lol...
Oh yeah, I took major damage, you want to be as close to zero without going negative as you can be in balancing your other stats to your preference for sure.

TheArc6
08-23-2017, 01:25 AM
Ouch :( Sorry about that. To try and answer OP's post, I think it would add to the opponent's defense stat. Either way I would recommend having it positive. Zero at the absolute worst