PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi Ranged Gb Exploit

firehead2015
07-03-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure exactly how to do it, but it has happened to me several times before. Even though gb out of double dash was removed, Shinobi can somehow do a ranged gb out of double dash, giving him back his 50/50. Not only that, but since its a ranged gb, Shinobi can do his sickle rain combo after the gb.

Gray360UK
07-03-2017, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure exactly how to do it, but it has happened to me several times before. Even though gb out of double dash was removed, Shinobi can somehow do a ranged gb out of double dash, giving him back his 50/50. Not only that, but since its a ranged gb, Shinobi can do his sickle rain combo after the gb.

You sure he's not doing a backflip and then a ranged GB, because that is a thing.

firehead2015
07-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Nope. I just tested against issac and its executed by doing a double dash and then immediately pressing the heavy key followed by the gb key. I'm pretty sure this makes it untechable unless your Raider.

Gray360UK
07-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Nope. I just tested against issac and its executed by doing a double dash and then immediately pressing the heavy key followed by the gb key. I'm pretty sure this makes it untechable unless your Raider.

Sounds like a valid part of his Moveset, but if the timing makes it impossible to react to maybe they need to look at slowing that down the same way they did with his normal GB.

Lyskir
07-03-2017, 03:10 PM
i saw that on a sypherPK stream

firehead2015
07-03-2017, 03:28 PM
yeah

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 03:41 PM
...I'm not sure if I want to disclose this, but...

1. yes, it is a ranged GB

2. no, it is not an exploit per se but more of an oversight on the part of devs

3. ...and the "ranged GB from ddodge" is actually an application of a basic "exploit/tech" principle which originally people use to do the move displayed in the vid below. Some people got hold of this, and developed it further, making it possible to GB out of ddodge.

https://youtu.be/BfSmJeQbXmI

This was one of the vids I tried to disclosr through CandleInTheDark's help, but just sent directly to the devs. Some ignoramus commented "what's so special about it? It's juse ddodge spamming" or something like that.

If anyone things they can do this by just tapping on the dodge button quickly to ddodge in succession in this manner, be my guest. Try it.

Normal ddodge respects the recovery time rules after the ddodge ends, and has to wait a bit before another one is possible. This doesn't.

This phenomenon, is made possible, because there is a certain strange characteristic with the shinobi that causes an oddity "tech", during ddodge.

In other words, when you get GBd by a shinobi when he does the ddodge, he's not just doing a normal GB, and the "fix" the devs did has no effect, because the devs assumed that shinobis were just quickly using GB right after a ddodge -- which they aren't... (which also indicates the devs didn't bother to look at the explanation/video report I've sent them via Candle about this particular shinobi exploit :rolleyes:)

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Now after reading this thread, I went and made a quick demonstration vid.

This, is what the op is talking about.

https://youtu.be/JUNPrZ9wkiA

Again, it looks nothing special -- but then, most bug exploit "techs" are like this. It's not some crazy wild stuff all the time. Many exploits are subtle but effective, often difficult to tell apart from legit stuff, confusing people.

I'll bet some people are thinking, "what's such a 'tech' about this? You just do a ddodge and use ranged GB". Well, anyone thinks so, I urge them to try it themselves and see if they can use a GB right at the end phase of ddodge without the kick coming out. :rolleyes:

It IS a sort of an exploit, yes, and some people consider this a "tech" -- I don't.

It's the whole reason I contacted Candle to help[ me and send the warnings out to the devs during when my previous forum handle was locked out due to stupid spam filter malfunction. I guess my warnings fell on deaf ears, huh.

firehead2015
07-03-2017, 04:30 PM
Its okay from that range, but it becomes a problem when a shinobi double dodges into kick range but then does the gb. When that happens, unless you are Raider, you get gb while recovering from the dodge.

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Its okay from that range, but it becomes a problem when a shinobi double dodges into kick range but then does the gb. When that happens, unless you are Raider, you get gb while recovering from the dodge.

Exactly. It's not range sensitive at all. I've just done it at range to show people that it's a ranged GB firing off, not a normal GB.

Basically the shib players who know how to do this, just do it as a 50/50 like you mentioned, at close range.

What;s even worse?

I did a demonstration from a side dodge to give a clear look of how it fires off from a ddodge, but imagine in actual combat they show up from afar, making you feel you have plenty of range to prepare since they aren't using the ninja-dash to tackle you..

...and then suddenly close in over 15m distance in under 2 seconds in a blink of an eye with the quick-dash and then forcing you into react whether it's going to be a kick or a GB or just a normal attack.

Or, it can be practically applied into other crazy moves ... like lingering at distance... and then suddenly closing it with quick-ddodging speeds, scares you into reaction and then abruptly turns 90 degrees to the side in a "L" pattern and punishes you on your reaction. It's not just a dodge forward - dodge forward - dodge side -- the entire 3 dodges come out in less than 2 seconds and what you see is the shinobi like 10 meters out, and then suddenly *woosh* *woosh* towards you at blinding speeds, and then as you are scared into reaction just cranks himself 90degrees to the side in another *woosh* at the same speed, like some greased pig running zig-zag.

What I've shown you guys above is just the tip of the iceburg. Anything that's related with ddodging and ranged attacks can be done in any manner of ways in regards to basic maneuvering with the shib -- it's just done like twice as faster than you normally would expect them to do it.[/b]

The only saving grace is that this "tech" is a lot more difficult than stuff like unlock techs that just futz with 1 button, and requires precision timing and a lot of practice -- but make no mistake -- the golden rule of PvP games is that "if it's possible, then there are always some freaks of nature that masters its use to incredible levels".

MasterChiefPON
07-03-2017, 05:24 PM
A Shinobi did it to me yesterday and it comes pretty fast too.

Azzie_d.EviL
07-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Ok, then take from him ranged gb also....and leave him with nothing except 3.5 life bar.
He will be trash enough then ?
I think he is enough trash after last nerf.

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Ok, then take from him ranged gb also....and leave him with nothing except 3.5 life bar.
He will be trash enough then ?
I think he is enough trash after last nerf.

You're so barking up the wrong tree there.

It's not a ranged GB complaint. It's a glitch-abuse complaint.

UbiJurassic
07-04-2017, 12:05 AM

Again, it looks nothing special -- but then, most bug exploit "techs" are like this. It's not some crazy wild stuff all the time. Many exploits are subtle but effective, often difficult to tell apart from legit stuff, confusing people.

I'll bet some people are thinking, "what's such a 'tech' about this? You just do a ddodge and use ranged GB". Well, anyone thinks so, I urge them to try it themselves and see if they can use a GB right at the end phase of ddodge without the kick coming out. :rolleyes:

It IS a sort of an exploit, yes, and some people consider this a "tech" -- I don't.

It's the whole reason I contacted Candle to help[ me and send the warnings out to the devs during when my previous forum handle was locked out due to stupid spam filter malfunction. I guess my warnings fell on deaf ears, huh.

I remember the original report on here regarding the multiple double dashes exploit on Shinobi. I'll be getting those demonstration videos and the comments on this thread over to the team to check out.

Brando736
07-25-2018, 03:26 PM

I know this thread is a year old sorry but I have to say this..... all this video is showing and all this thread is talking about is charging your ranged heavy during the animation of the double dodge then hitting GB as soon as the double dodge ends. so basically this - double dodge, hold heavy as soon as you start the double dodge animation then immediately hit GB when the double dodge ends. what this does is charges your ranged heavy during the double dodge animation so that you come out of the double dodge ready to toss out a ranged GB!!!!

Brando736
07-25-2018, 03:31 PM
oh and this "exploit" is still in the game til this day just FYI. But I wouldnt worry too much. I discovered this by myself just messing around seeing how fast I could charge a ranged GB from double dodge. Even using this tech it still gets CGB 90% of the time after whatever nerf the Shinobi got last.....

PepsiBeastin
07-25-2018, 04:03 PM
This is definitely not a "50/50", it's easier to react to than highlander's kick cancel. The point is if you get hit with this, you wouldn't have been able to react to a kick in the first place. From using this extensively at what I'm assuming is mid to high level play, people just turtle whenever you dodge then dodge if they see you go into a kick, or stay still and counter your GB for free damage if you try this.

Brando736
07-25-2018, 04:09 PM
This is definitely not a "50/50", it's easier to react to than highlander's kick cancel. The point is if you get hit with this, you wouldn't have been able to react to a kick in the first place. From using this extensively at what I'm assuming is mid to high level play, people just turtle whenever you dodge then dodge if they see you go into a kick, or stay still and counter your GB for free damage if you try this.

you are EXACTLY right my dude!!! I even tried using this in regular multiplayer ques for Dom matches and people have all but mastered CGB timing and this tactic was pretty much useless. as I said It gets CGB 90% of the time, even in normal multiplayer ques....

Brando736
07-25-2018, 04:46 PM
in all honesty I dont really see how this is an exploit at all anyway. Input for controls in this game is for the most part faster then the actual animations. So you can input a combo of say 3 lights then a heavy. You will have finished the inputs far sooner then your hero finishes the actual animations and the rest of your inputs will still follow. All this is doing is inputing a charged heavy during the animation of double dodge. Its not like double dodge is some kind of locked i-frame either, you are still completely vulnerable during the animation. I know this for fact because I have been GB right out of the double dodge animation countless times!!

Rikuto01.tv
07-25-2018, 05:21 PM
Ugh I was going to say something but then I looked at the date.

******* necromancers.

Brando736
07-25-2018, 05:40 PM
Ugh I was going to say something but then I looked at the date.

******* necromancers.

Im sorry but I am fairly new to the game and had to comment because the topic is still valid!

Brando736
07-25-2018, 05:41 PM
so by all means please say something. who cares about the date if the topic is still a thing?!!