PDA

View Full Version : Please lift gender restrictions.

Tirik22x
07-03-2017, 05:46 AM
It's honestly some bull crap...

I want nothing other than to play with a shield and spear, but I cannot enjoy a game when I have to play as a female.

I have to be immersed in any video game in order to enjoy it... and I'm literally incapable of doing that if I'm forced to be a female.

It's a simple fix; change the name of the hero... and that's it.

In a world where ppl are suing companies for the right/ability to "pick" actual gender, you insult progress as a company by limiting a few heros to 1 gender...

It's ignorant and discriminatory.

Antonioj26
07-03-2017, 06:04 AM

I want nothing other than to play with a shield and spear, but I cannot enjoy a game when I have to play as a female.

I have to be immersed in any video game in order to enjoy it... and I'm literally incapable of doing that if I'm forced to be a female.

In a world where ppl are suing companies for the right/ability to "pick" actual gender, you insult progress as a company by limiting a few heros to 1 gender...

Hahahaha

XxHunterHxX
07-03-2017, 08:17 AM
You already made this topic before...i think if not you can go look at all the other 9999999999999 topics about this ever since PK came out

No they wont make it so all caracters have all sexes coz they have to rework that caracters + executions etc never gona happen EVER

but they will give you a respons like historicly aqurate that is why we have fire coming out of ir asses LOL

Halvtand
07-03-2017, 09:42 AM
1. This is a fantasy game.

2. The valkyrie is based on the mythological carriers/fetchers of the dead from old norse mythology, these were only ever described as female for several reasons too deep to bring up in this kind of thread.

3. In a world where ppl are suing companies for the right/ability to equal representation, you insult progress as a human by wanting to strip a female character of her gender and replacing it with a male one...

Also, patriarchy and hegemony.

I can use buzzwords too, and each time someone like you does so for nonsensical reasons like this it only devaluates the meaning of those words.
Let's face it, the real reason you're mad isn't because Valk's gender is locked, it's because hers is, but others are not. Find a way to deal with it, because this is what the devs wanted and the community seems to be ok with it.

Gray360UK
07-03-2017, 12:02 PM
Guess you never played a Tomb Raider game then? ;)

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Well personally I don't have any problems with the gender-locked classes, but why the heck not.

IMO more choice is always a better thing. Gimme my fat lady shugoqueen! :D

http://i.imgur.com/pcuvVc0.png

"Mmmm.. c'mere, hon, let me give you a (demonic) embrace!"

bmason1000
07-03-2017, 01:37 PM
On the one hand, dudes right. Gender lock shouldn't exist. On the other hand, his attitude and reasoning makes me hesitant to associate with him haha

Vakris_One
07-03-2017, 01:42 PM

2. The valkyrie is based on the mythological carriers/fetchers of the dead from old norse mythology, these were only ever described as female for several reasons too deep to bring up in this kind of thread.

3. In a world where ppl are suing companies for the right/ability to equal representation, you insult progress as a human by wanting to strip a female character of her gender and replacing it with a male one...

I can use buzzwords too, and each time someone like you does so for nonsensical reasons like this it only devaluates the meaning of those words.
Let's face it, the real reason you're mad isn't because Valk's gender is locked, it's because hers is, but others are not. Find a way to deal with it, because this is what the devs wanted and the community seems to be ok with it.
Well said.

bmason1000
07-03-2017, 02:39 PM

Exactly. If valk was gender locked to male, i wonder if this thread would exist.

Stoli32
07-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Pussification of America at its best.... Don't hurt anyone feelings please or I'm gonna cry about it till you make it right. If they would have made all men characters some woman would have tried to sue them over discrimination. It's the same crap in the workforce but in reality some jobs women can't do and some jobs men don't need to do.

Captain-Courage
07-03-2017, 03:52 PM

You are the one insulting the cultural origins of the character.
You are basically ****ing on scandinavian folklore and mythology.
Ubi made a tribute to one of the most prominent figure in said mythology, but hey, doesn't matter, it's not your culture, so let's just trash it, right ?
If anyone is insulting and displaying ignorance there, it's you

Gray360UK
07-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Relax man, it doesn't make you a girl in real life if you play a female character in a game. You're not going to grow boobs. Your fragile masculinity is intact. It's just a character.

psyminion
07-03-2017, 08:10 PM
You are the one insulting the cultural origins of the character.
You are basically ****ing on scandinavian folklore and mythology.
Ubi made a tribute to one of the most prominent figure in said mythology, but hey, doesn't matter, it's not your culture, so let's just trash it, right ?
If anyone is insulting and displaying ignorance there, it's you

so many great replies!
this one is the winner for me however.

Hormly
07-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Im the same way man, ever since I was a kid I hated when games forced me to play as a chick, lucky for me I only play warlord.

And as is expected the libtards crawl out of the woodwork calling you a sexist, because leftist logic dictates that not wanting to be a woman means you hate women.

Im also white and heterosexual, which certainly means im racist and homophobic.

But honestly, dont waste your time asking them to program in different gendered models, im quite convinced at this point 'development' has stopped, and any 'new' content we get was completed before launch.

UbiJurassic
07-04-2017, 12:38 AM
We've gotten requests for unlocking genders from players since before the beta periods of the game. While we want to offer players the ability to make characters their own, locking genders for certain characters is intended to stay true to their original design.

Due to the inflammatory remarks in the original post, we will be closing this thread. I do find the closing statement "It's ignorant and discriminatory." hilariously ironic though.