PDA

View Full Version : Free-For-All

Helnekromancer
07-03-2017, 05:12 AM
Hello, been wondering why hasn't For Honor made a Free-For-All game mode yet?

I have hundreds of hours, playing this game but it's so hard to play for long extended periods now because every game mode needs you to be on your A game. For Honor isn't a relaxing game I constantly have to be thinking 2 steps ahead. But if a Free-For-All game mode was made I think that would kick Dominion out as being the most populated game mode. If this game mode is added I think players would start to like the game again, instead of doing a number of orders with bots, play a game or 2 of pvp that may or may not crash due to ragequit and then log off.

It would also create a new atmosphere of the game and all the heroes would be viable in some way or form because everyone is an enemy and the only one you can trust is yourself. It could also be fun to watch and matches in pretty so you aren't bored. I'm not sure if groups could play this mode but Faction War wise, it could be a small piece of land in the center that could be "No Mans Land".

Having a huge map with 8 players spawned on the outskirts of the map and have the dmg or defense buff in the center so most of the players will be in the center of the map so whether you are a tank that needs dmg or an assassin with 3 health bars you are going to want to run to the center of the map and fight for it.

I don't know about you but I would love to see a Shinobi vs Knight vs Conqueror vs Nobushi vs Raider vs Shugoki vs Raider vs Lawbringer :D

IlMacgyverIl
07-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Hello, been wondering why hasn't For Honor made a Free-For-All game mode yet?

I have hundreds of hours, playing this game but it's so hard to play for long extended periods now because every game mode needs you to be on your A game. For Honor isn't a relaxing game I constantly have to be thinking 2 steps ahead. But if a Free-For-All game mode was made I think that would kick Dominion out as being the most populated game mode. If this game mode is added I think players would start to like the game again, instead of doing a number of orders with bots, play a game or 2 of pvp that may or may not crash due to ragequit and then log off.

It would also create a new atmosphere of the game and all the heroes would be viable in some way or form because everyone is an enemy and the only one you can trust is yourself. It could also be fun to watch and matches in pretty so you aren't bored. I'm not sure if groups could play this mode but Faction War wise, it could be a small piece of land in the center that could be "No Mans Land".

Having a huge map with 8 players spawned on the outskirts of the map and have the dmg or defense buff in the center so most of the players will be in the center of the map so whether you are a tank that needs dmg or an assassin with 3 health bars you are going to want to run to the center of the map and fight for it.

I don't know about you but I would love to see a Shinobi vs Knight vs Conqueror vs Nobushi vs Raider vs Shugoki vs Raider vs Lawbringer :D

This would become an even bigger gank fest than dominion already is.

Maybe just 4 players for starters. That way not trampled by 4+ players because you chose a certain character.

Dude_of_Valor
07-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Great idea and love the thought of having the buff's etc in the centre of the map.

I would have it so feats are switched off but gear is switched on. No self heal or catapult etc.

As for a gank fest, unless people are in groups then although it would potentially exist, you may just kill the dude that is killing another dude. The enemy of my enemy is my friend springs to mind.

LKBlanka
07-05-2017, 06:12 PM
I like FFA in games too.
The gank fest thing, maybe people will have some honor like in brawl, who knows.

Helnekromancer
07-06-2017, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the responses, I feel like when people actually give good thoughts and suggestions about the game it gets ignored but when someone whines about a character the entire forum has an opinion about it which leads to git gud. I'm not sure how ganking would work out in this mode because you don't trust anyone, how do you know the Raider who is attacking a Warden with you isn't going to suddenly put an axe in your back or throw you off the map because he sees an opening? Would love to see data of how much ganking it is in a mode with no teams since ganking is always team based.

I think this mode would also take all the Dominion players who don't play objective, who just run around looking for kills. So the players who just want to shut their brains off and kill stuff can play FFA and those who want to play the game mode how it's supposed to be played and hold/contest points can play Dominion. :)

UbiNoty
07-06-2017, 12:45 AM
I'm more than happy to bring up the suggestion to the team since we do have plans to implement more game modes in the future. :)

Also (just my opinion) while I do think FFA types do require less team-strategy than dominion and perhaps less cerebral-outplay than a duel, it will also be that much more brutal and feral as it will be a dog-eat-dog world and you'll never be able to let down your guard for even a second. There's nobody who will have your back, no safe place to rest and regroup. You have to constantly watch all your angles, attack and defend at the same time, and the moment you run out of stamina...

A FFA would definitely make me sweat way more than any dominion.