PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Mode Allowing Automatic Knockdown Needs To Be Fixed Due To Gear Stats Exploit

Mighty_Mackerel
07-03-2017, 01:34 AM
I've only encountered this with the Warlord, I don't know if it's happening with any other character, but while in revenge mode they're able to get an automatic knockdown if their head-butt lands, we all know this. Well, as of lately I've encountered warlords who have their gear stats set to constantly give them revenge build up and duration to the point where they've made an exploit where they just keep getting revenge activated in seconds, and in turn trap you in a combo of head-butts, to knockdowns and therefore free heavy attacks. Rinse and repeat. If you manage to get out of the combo, (which is very possible) it most likely won't matter because they've gained temporary health and by the time you're able to chip that health away, their revenge mode is activated again, and the cycle repeats.

It's not entirely impossible to counter, but I do believe it is an unintentional exploit that should not be in the game due to gear stat upgrades, which in my opinion should give players an edge, not virtually an infinite combo.

I don't know how to balance this, hopefully Ubi can figure it out, but in the mean time I thought it was at least worth bringing up.

Gray360UK
07-03-2017, 01:42 AM
How can they have their gear stats set to give them Revenge all the time? There's only one Revenge gain stat now and the max you can have is +25% as far as I know. That's it, same for all characters. There's not really a Revenge build like the old one that lets you get it all of the time as soon as 2 people look in your general direction. In my experience, you get Revenge all the time now only if a lot of people are hitting you constantly.

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 01:51 AM
How can they have their gear stats set to give them Revenge all the time? There's only one Revenge gain stat now and the max you can have is +25% as far as I know. That's it, same for all characters. There's not really a Revenge build like the old one that lets you get it all of the time as soon as 2 people look in your general direction. In my experience, you get Revenge all the time now only if a lot of people are hitting you constantly.

It's called "exaggeration", Gray. ;) The op wrote down what it feels like to him, not what actually happens.

Like you said, back-to-back revenge only happens when you're like surrounded by 3~4 people constantly attacking you. There's is no way in heck revenge builds fast enough to fire off that often in a 1v1 situation. Some others like Nobushi and PK could manage a really fast revenge gain even just at 1v2, but that requires the revenge attack feat.

Linnix1
07-03-2017, 01:56 AM
Play cent he doesn't get effected by the knockdown of revenge

Gray360UK
07-03-2017, 01:59 AM
It's called "exaggeration", Gray. ;) The op wrote down what it feels like to him, not what actually happens.

Ooooh I seeeee .... so it's like when you're fighting a Centurion and it feels like he's doing this to you:

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

So you come to the forums and say you've just been attacked by the Incredible Hulk?

Got ya ;)

broly0204
07-03-2017, 03:53 AM
You are grouping up on him so you deserve to get knocked down repeatedly. He also deserves to spam revenge if you are constantly going to group up on him. All you need to do is fight him 1v1 and he will not be able to spam it. But if you are just that poor at the game right now, do not blame it on revenge, just practice, and eventually you will be able to take it. Also, without any video proof, its hard to believe people on here anymore. But thanks to random complaints like this, the devs feel the need to nerf revenge to a glorified light show that is impossible to get.

Mighty_Mackerel
07-03-2017, 05:30 AM
No where in my post did I say that I was ganging up on this poor innocent warlord with my team mates. What I should've said was that it always in a 1v1 situation. However, despite some of your assuming and childish replies, you did manage to enlighten the situation a little bit... with the way things work now with revenge and revenge builds nerfed, I'm guessing then every time I engaged with that warlord he just came back from a gank situation and already had points in revenge built up already. So by the time he and I started fighting, he could activate it from just a few hits. But that doesn't explain why they were able to get revenge built up that fast again should I survive his head-butt knockdown combo... So I'll have to assume they were cheating then.

Or... maybe I am just that bad. I'm willing to admit it.

Whatever the case, my goodness you people get so overly defensive, passive-aggressive and/or sarcastic that I wonder why do I even bother posting on these forums anymore. I mean, say and do whatever you want, it's a free country, but I was simply just trying to help fix what I thought was a legitimate problem, but in the end, it wasn't it turns out. I was wrong. But don't worry, you guys won't have to hear from me again.

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 05:59 AM
No where in my post did I say that I was ganging up on this poor innocent warlord with my team mates. What I should've said was that it always in a 1v1 situation. However, despite some of your assuming and childish replies, you did manage to enlighten the situation a little bit... with the way things work now with revenge and revenge builds nerfed, I'm guessing then every time I engaged with that warlord he just came back from a gank situation and already had points in revenge built up already. So by the time he and I started fighting, he could activate it from just a few hits. But that doesn't explain why they were able to get revenge built up that fast again should I survive his head-butt knockdown combo... So I'll have to assume they were cheating then.

Or... maybe I am just that bad. I'm willing to admit it.

Whatever the case, my goodness you people get so overly defensive, passive-aggressive and/or sarcastic that I wonder why do I even bother posting on these forums anymore. I mean, say and do whatever you want, it's a free country, but I was simply just trying to help fix what I thought was a legitimate problem, but in the end, it wasn't it turns out. I was wrong. But don't worry, you guys won't have to here from me again.

I dare say that you're simply remembering it in the way you'd like it to have happened -- instead of the way it actually did happen.

This is such a lame phrase to say (*ugh*) but "Pics, or didn't happen".

Mighty_Mackerel
07-03-2017, 06:05 AM
I dare say that you're simply remembering it in the way you'd like it to have happened -- instead of the way it actually did happen.

This is such a lame phrase to say (*ugh*) but "Pics, or didn't happen".

Understood. Honestly, now I really do wish that I had saved the replay, so that way I could've either proved my point, or realize that I had seen it incorrectly.

Thank you.

XxHunterHxX
07-03-2017, 08:14 AM
To the OP go look at the patch notes for the new revenge nerf they did that coz of the warlord bug they new about it.....probably...

Gray360UK
07-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Whatever the case, my goodness you people get so overly defensive, passive-aggressive and/or sarcastic that I wonder why do I even bother posting on these forums anymore. I mean, say and do whatever you want, it's a free country, but I was simply just trying to help fix what I thought was a legitimate problem, but in the end, it wasn't it turns out. I was wrong. But don't worry, you guys won't have to hear from me again.

I don't think anyone got overly defensive or passive aggressive with you. If you think the quite sensible, rational, mild comments you got here are bad, you must be new to these forums. ;)

Remember, just because someone questions, disagrees with or challenges something you said that doesn't automatically mean they are attacking you for having spoken.

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 12:28 PM
I don't think anyone got overly defensive or passive aggressive with you. If you think the quite sensible, rational, mild comments you got here are bad, you must be new to these forums. ;)

Remember, just because someone questions, disagrees with or challenges something you said that doesn't automatically mean they are attacking you for having spoken.

ehhhh.... it's me. I'm the overly defensive arsehat, I confess.

Sorry Mighty_Mack, I apologize. I tend to get carried away in discussions that are based on anecdotes. I know for a fact what kind of things people say in forums, and how they always swear that it's the way that happened, but I learned not to trust those "sworn testimonies" like 20 years ago. People don't lie intentionally. They really think that's the way it happened, but whenever video evidence and stuff surfaces, things hardly -- if ever -- are as people remember it.

I was just trying to make that point. Sorry.

Gray360UK
07-03-2017, 12:43 PM

Your response was like being licked by a fluffy kitten compared to some of the responses I've seen people get on these forums ;)

Existentialmeme
07-03-2017, 04:37 PM
The problem is that knockback is too powerful in so many ways:

1. Knockback moves interrupts uninterruptible moves (Moves that gives you hyper armor) , making uninterruptible moves quite useless. (The only exception is Shugiki's hyper armor, where you can tank anything except Centurion's pin)

2.Knockback moves turns into knockdown in revenge. Heroes without knockback moves don't get as much perks as heroes with knockback moves in revenge.

Okay maybe not as many as I thought xD But the point still stands

Mighty_Mackerel
07-04-2017, 02:30 AM

Actually, I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to kweassa1 and broly0204... BUT, I misunderstood kweassa1. When kweassa1 called me OP, I thought he was sarcastically calling me "Over Powered," implying that I play over powered characters and therefore do not have the right to make a complaint. But then I looked it up and realized in this case, it means "Original Poster." So I was super ignorant on the matter. My fault. And in regards to broly0204's comment, it wasn't that bad either, I might've overreacted a little bit when he called me poor at the game and blaming revenge mode and basically saying he didn't trust what I was saying... which I can understand.

Sorry Mighty_Mack, I apologize. I tend to get carried away in discussions that are based on anecdotes. I know for a fact what kind of things people say in forums, and how they always swear that it's the way that happened, but I learned not to trust those "sworn testimonies" like 20 years ago. People don't lie intentionally. They really think that's the way it happened, but whenever video evidence and stuff surfaces, things hardly -- if ever -- are as people remember it.

I was just trying to make that point. Sorry.

No need to apologize, kweassa1, I totally see your point. :) Like I stated above, I simply misinterpreted your reply due to the fact that I didn't know what OP meant here on the forums. So you're good.

Thank you all for the feedback, have a good one!