PDA

View Full Version : FarCry5 Music - is so important!

GameGuru2017
07-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Sometimes people underestimate the influence of music on the perception of the game. But its influence is tremendous. The more artistic soul you have the more it influences. Music emphasizes what is happening, making the situation more emotional and deep. FarCry3 music was so good. So up to the situation: full of pain, despair and hope at the same time, so emotional.....(Brian Tyler's "Falling into a dream") Let's hope that FarCry5 music will be also emotional and memorable!

HorTyS
07-03-2017, 01:24 AM
I just hope they finally give music it's own volume slider rather than just an on/off switch. I always find the default music volume to be louder than I'd prefer so I usually end up putting it at 50-75%, hoping that is an option this time. That, and multiple save slots...

HorTyS
07-08-2017, 10:12 PM
FC2 music was great.

II'm not sure if alot of people on these forums have maybe never really played through the whole Far Cry 2 or experienced it. I'm also uncertain as to whether the Developers can look at Far Cry 2 for inspiration since their ethic might assume that anything in the past is history and not worth looking at again.

Well I don't think that is true at all as we can already see that there are some things returning from FC2 in FC5. The mac-10 is back (now the mac-11) and enemies once again can go into a wounded state in which other hostiles will attempt to revive them... They're clearly not above revisiting previous games and re-purposing some elements.

angryfudgepop
07-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Nathaniel Rateliff And The Night Sweats- S.O.B

wildschwein75
10-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Ubisoft Games have always perfect Soundtracks. Dan Romer produces the soundtrack for Far Cry 5 with local Instruments and Chorals.
The best Ubisoft soundtrack was made by Amon Tobin for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory in my opinion. Remember this artist :Amon Tobin.

wildschwein75
10-07-2017, 10:37 AM
BUT i have something to say. I have paid 19 Euros for the full FAR CRY 4 Soundtrack on CD and you guys didn't include this PUNJABI MC Track. Maybe he wants to much Money.lol

Viragoxv535
10-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Far Cry 2 soundtrack was well paced according to the enemy status. Fingers crossed that Far Cry 5 will integrate the same system.

wildschwein75
10-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Maybe because they want a dynamic soundtrack which depends on the players actions.

HorTyS
10-07-2017, 08:20 PM
The background music in FC2 was great, but it sounds like they're taking the concept much further in 5. The videos they've show has already displayed background music kicking up when an engagement starts & those interviews with the sound designer he said the bg music will be different for each of the Seed family regions, so there should be plenty of variety as well. Also that there is different music for firefights and stealth should add a lot to the different kinds of tensions those playstyles evoke. If there was musical queues for stealth play in FC2 it was rarely heard or utilized since stealth in FC2 was so poorly implemented it was hardly a viable tactic.

GameGuru2018
10-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Ubisoft is great... when we are speaking about music! Just remember Black Flag!!! Musical masterpiece itself. I like Nassau Kingston Ambient! Brian Tyler knows how to create good music!:o (As for GTA5 - poor music...most memorable was only "General Lee" :nonchalance:)

Ubi-Zoro
10-08-2017, 01:32 AM
I also consider music to be a crucial aspect of a game's ability to immerse the player. If the soundtrack is underwhelming or doesn't match the tone of the game it can have a big effect on my enjoyment and connection to the world/atmosphere of the game.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to hearing more of the FC5 OST. The music in the playable demo was excellent, so I'm sure we will not be disappointed.

Canadian Beer42
10-08-2017, 02:36 AM
I gotta say tho, just from the trailer music Iím already hooked.

truesurv1val
10-08-2017, 08:42 AM
But how about music on the radio in side the car, while driving around? Personally would like to hear also some good classics among the local tunes. Also there should be plenty of tracks. Coz cant have to much repetition.

Recently i played maffia3, the music in that game gave the game a real boost in emmersion. It lifted the game in general.a good example how music can give a game something extra.

Farcryisdead
10-08-2017, 09:26 AM
Battlefield 1 has awesome music.

wildschwein75
10-08-2017, 04:27 PM
The Music is really a very important part of games. As for FAR CRY 4 there are different types of music. One composed soundtrack custom made for the game and a couple of tracks for the radio stations and special missions. For example Cliff Martinez made the Soundtrack and there were a couple of tracks by " The BOMBAY ROYAL" Hindi style music for the radio stations und Punjabi Mc for Special missions.
I hope there is the same variety of Music in FAR CRY 5. So what type of music can we expect for the Radio stations.

HorTyS
10-08-2017, 09:23 PM
I know there are some licensed classic rock songs for the radio in the game, how many remains to be seen but they said they went for a "road trip" vibe of classic rock tunes. Fleetwood mac I think I've heard in some videos & stuff, bands like that. Fingers crossed there is some variety to it. Not expecting something to a GTA V level, but the fact that there are licensed songs on the radio at all is an improvement.

GameGuru2018
10-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Developers, if you will need some guitar music for the future FarCry games, just call this dude!:D He is playing in the streets.....
https://youtu.be/tfSP-rwNHqM

Ubi-Zoro
10-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Not sure if you guys saw this blog post- http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-5-cults-hymns-shape-musical-landscape-hope-county/

This article goes over some of the inspiration and direction behind the "musical landscape" of FC5.

Viragoxv535
11-29-2017, 10:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0YVYGex6ZE

NLRicker
03-29-2018, 10:19 PM
NPR aired an interview with the FC5 composer:
http://wbgo.org/post/americana-hymnal-doomsday-cult-far-cry-5#stream/0

SaintHedgehog
03-29-2018, 10:49 PM
Normally I like hymns and some church music but I can not listen to it in this game without making blood boiling and want to hide. Personally quirk I guess