PDA

View Full Version : Only P2P without.

AzureSky.
07-02-2017, 01:43 AM
A Network Quality check, every other game that uses P2P (fighting games mostly) have a reliable system that tells you the connection between you and the other player, so you can accept the match based on it, its a CORE aspect of all the P2P games, without that the game becomes this.... a mess with dcs, people teleporting, crashes, etc.

That or a simple network limit (example: "only match me vs network quality 4 or more") kind of like the tekken 7 one.

Ubisoft, you cant have stability if you didnt even implement a system to control it, this is why your P2P is failing.

If you cant implement it in 4vs4 modes (since it will make queues longer in countrys with no so good internet) you can implement it in the most important aspect of this game 1vs1, 2vs2 and the future ranked mode (a must in this mode)

teamspirit1
07-02-2017, 07:29 AM
since last week, everytime i try to play a dominion game i am greeted with error 00060000137.cant ****ing play a single game.time to play some other game.

Mia.Nora
07-02-2017, 08:03 AM
since last week, everytime i try to play a dominion game i am greeted with error 00060000137.cant ****ing play a single game.time to play some other game.

Yea, that's pretty much my experience everytime I try to 4v4. That's why I only play vs AI MM OFF only for a while now. This game is not capable of working multiplayer, and it is not good enough as a singleplayer. At that point it might even be a better idea to invest into some new high quality singleplayer options like dungeons runs or boss challenges, since it is clear they wont be able to get it working.

teamspirit1
07-02-2017, 09:37 AM
I have lost hope.waited 5 months for improvement in connectivity.switching to siege now.

XxHunterHxX
07-02-2017, 11:22 AM
if they wanted they could fix all of this in 1-2 months but they dont...

Epoqx
07-02-2017, 08:14 PM
if they wanted they could fix all of this in 1-2 months but they dont...

You really think they wouldnt already fix it if they could ?

AzureSky.
07-02-2017, 10:05 PM
You really think they wouldnt already fix it if they could ?

Ehm, HELLO?! a network quality check (that this game dont have) is the fix.... easy as that

Mia.Nora
07-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Ehm, HELLO?! a network quality check (that this game dont have) is the fix.... easy as that

Here is the problem Azure. FH matchmaking suffers from 3 major issues;

1. Imbalanced Unfair Matchups
2. Bad connection
3. Long queue times

And here is the main issue, any attempt to make #3 better means you have to make either or both #1 and #2 worse.
If you want to make any one of #1 or #2 you have to make the other and/or #3 worse.

It is a catch 22, because of P2P+low population. They can not *fix* low population. It is out of their hands. But they can fix P2P and revert to a dedicated server, or at least a dedicated observer tracing the match to step in when in need of synch/redirecting host. But they wont, because;

a. they are too incompetent
b. they wont spend money on development that they can not PR (ie: ranked tournaments huraaa)

AzureSky.
07-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Here is the problem Azure. FH matchmaking suffers from 3 major issues;

1. Imbalanced Unfair Matchups
2. Bad connection
3. Long queue times

And here is the main issue, any attempt to make #3 better means you have to make either or both #1 and #2 worse.
If you want to make any one of #1 or #2 you have to make the other and/or #3 worse.

It is a catch 22, because of P2P+low population. They can not *fix* low population. It is out of their hands. But they can fix P2P and revert to a dedicated server, or at least a dedicated observer tracing the match to step in when in need of synch/redirecting host. But they wont, because;

a. they are too incompetent
b. they wont spend money on development that they can not PR (ie: ranked tournaments huraaa)

I have the fix to that too, i posted it A LOT since open beta......

Multi mode queue, you can select multiple modes and search in all of them at a single time, so instead of being a entry in one of X modes you are multiple entrys so the queues are faster.

That combined with a net quality check between players and you fix the game problems, im sure the multi mode matchmatching its not a easy fix since you need to made it from 0 but its a safe solution.

And regarding the matchup you should be able to pick your character and then search for game modes (since it will be balanced by gear score + skill)

Mia.Nora
07-02-2017, 11:51 PM
I have the fix to that too, i posted it A LOT since open beta......

Multi mode queue, you can select multiple modes and search in all of them at a single time, so instead of being a entry in one of X modes you are multiple entrys so the queues are faster.

That combined with a net quality check between players and you fix the game problems, im sure the multi mode matchmatching its not a easy fix since you need to made it from 0 but its a safe solution.

And regarding the matchup you should be able to pick your character and then search for game modes (since it will be balanced by gear score + skill)

Bolded part; I know right it is a no brainer!! It was one of the very first posts I made on FH forums and UbiNoty even forwarded (or said so) to devs back then like 5 months ago.. And here we are..

Underlined part; I know pal.. I work on software algorithms for optimization on occasion and can tell you there is no algorithm that can create a balanced matchmaking at the same time for my Rep 10 Main whom I know how to fight each enemy in and out, my alt which I am kinda ok with, and my rep 1 chars where I only use like a generic hero who GB/parry. There is no kind of science that can make it work, but apparently FH devs think they can create magic.

AzureSky.
07-03-2017, 12:46 AM
Bolded part; I know right it is a no brainer!! It was one of the very first posts I made on FH forums and UbiNoty even forwarded (or said so) to devs back then like 5 months ago.. And here we are..

Underlined part; I know pal.. I work on software algorithms for optimization on occasion and can tell you there is no algorithm that can create a balanced matchmaking at the same time for my Rep 10 Main whom I know how to fight each enemy in and out, my alt which I am kinda ok with, and my rep 1 chars where I only use like a generic hero who GB/parry. There is no kind of science that can make it work, but apparently FH devs think they can create magic.

Yeah its sad that the devs dont do this, since it could fix the majority of the technical problems of for honor, every other fighting game has a system that controls the quality of the net between the players, idk why they thought they could go without one