PDA

View Full Version : Help (Lawbringer needed)

kanuzira
07-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Oke, i have the problem with lawbringer that if i go against a conqueror i lose. The reason behind this is i cant find an opening and get punished for trying.
Litterly it is just one move he needs to do to win constantly: side jump and shieldbash + light attack. once i get bumped he gets a free light on me.
with every single thing i try i get shieldbash punished. i have tried almost anything but i am not shure how to get him.
Conqueror seems broken in this instance since he is unpunishable for this attack.

So if there are any tips i could get that would be great. (or a buff on LB, That would be nice to :P)

Netcode_err_404
07-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Ifyou go vs a decent conq, that turtles, you cannot win, simple as that, he can negate you heavies, and shoves.

LB without shove is as usefull as used toilet paper, thats why I think he needs a full rework. As well as conq ofc.

Check this and give a feedback if you want

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1671155-The-moment-is-now-Lawbringer-buffs-nerfs-improvements

Oh i forgot, that conqs can win every 50/50 on block shove 100% of the times, cuz their shield bash is so fast that no matters if you go for a light or a gb, they are faster.

vgrimr_J
07-01-2017, 12:17 PM
Hello there my friend im rep 21 LB and i think hes fine right now he doesn't need buffs at all.
Conq is a tricky one to deal with as LB if the conqueror is good and knows how to use his shield the way that you cant get free hits after shove (if you try to rely on those)
shieldbash is easy to dodge i just usually hit him with a light after i dodge it or GB but the timing is narrow. you should parry his attacks and pin him in to a wall or and get a heavy . GB works if it goes trough you can try to get gb with feints. mix up is the key.

Netcode_err_404
07-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Hello there my friend im rep 21 LB and i think hes fine right now he doesn't need buffs at all.
Conq is a tricky one to deal with as LB if the conqueror is good and knows how to use his shield the way that you cant get free hits after shove (if you try to rely on those)
shieldbash is easy to dodge i just usually hit him with a light after i dodge it or GB but the timing is narrow. you should parry his attacks and pin him in to a wall or and get a free top heavy or if you parry his lights just do UB. GB works if it goes trough you can try to get gb with feints. mix up is the key.

Your are straight wrong my dear friend.

Conq cannot be punished with top heavy after a light parry.

trolololo

LB is not fine unless you start to lame with block shoves, which is CLEARLY not how the class is intended to be played. Especially if they are really want to fix the defense meta.

kanuzira
07-01-2017, 12:27 PM
shieldbash is easy to dodge i just usually hit him with a light after i dodge it or GB but the timing is narrow. you should parry his attacks and pin him in to a wall or and get a free top heavy or if you parry his lights just do UB. GB works if it goes trough you can try to get gb with feints. mix up is the key.

Yeah, i am rep 21 as well. problem is that he shieldbashes after an attack from me and he is unavoidable and gets free damage. all your things sound good but wont work. believe me I tried.

vgrimr_J
07-01-2017, 12:33 PM
Yeah, i am rep 21 as well. problem is that he shieldbashes after an attack from me and he is unavoidable and gets free damage. all your things sound good but wont work. believe me I tried.

rando longarm is good sometimes , i really dont have much problems against conqs because i play on xbox so there is not so much turtles here .
and there is also not much conqs here

Netcode_err_404
07-01-2017, 12:45 PM
rando longarm is good sometimes , i really dont have much problems against conqs because i play on xbox so there is not so much turtles here .
and there is also not much conqs here

People on xbox use longarm ? Whar sorcery is this ?

vgrimr_J
07-01-2017, 12:49 PM

the best kind of sorcery

vgrimr_J
07-01-2017, 12:50 PM

the best kind of sorcery

Arekonator
07-01-2017, 02:38 PM
You can only win by predicting when he is about to dodge bash and guardbreaking him in that moment.
But yeah, this specific matchup is busted.

Genocide1056
07-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Matchups! If this is Brawl or Duel, you have to live with it. A Conq hard counters LB. If this is Dominion, take multiple people and take out the Conq. Its really important to knock him off the point and not let him get his tier two / three feats. Do not feed him kills on a point. If you try to fight a Conq 1v1 as LB, AND he already has tier 2/3? You are a very easy mark for him.

If all else fails and you cant find help to take him out, go take over the rest of the map - dont waste time fighting a terrible uphill battle.

XxHunterHxX
07-01-2017, 04:29 PM
If you think LB has problems vs caracters with shield then go play berserker.....then come back and say you have a problem..

Arekonator
07-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Funny because zerker can punish conq shield bash relatively easy with dodge light and his much greater dodge distance allows for less strict timing.