PDA

View Full Version : Buff Revenge mode

WastedPunk
07-01-2017, 08:15 AM
So you know how honorable and non toxic this community is (sarcasm) People usually team up on someone then run away as soon as he gets his revenge mode.
I feel like you should get extra Sprint speed when activating revenge mode

Gray360UK
07-01-2017, 10:48 AM
In my experience people don't run away when you get Revenge because it's too weak for them to worry about. If it makes your enemies think twice about attacking you then you are lucky. If it's making them run away then you are very lucky. In that case, it is working perfectly. It's a survival tool, not a rocket launcher pickup. You sound like you want to chase people down while in Revenge mode as the aggressor, rather than defend yourself as the victim. That kind of thing is what got old Revenge nerfed.

Gastgrinder
07-01-2017, 10:59 AM
The old revenge mode was not perfect, but much better than the gank sh*t that was created after the revenge nerf.

Have I already mentioned that the game gets worse and worse, after each patch.
Well done Ubi

WastedPunk
07-01-2017, 01:09 PM
In my experience people don't run away when you get Revenge because it's too weak for them to worry about. If it makes your enemies think twice about attacking you then you are lucky. If it's making them run away then you are very lucky. In that case, it is working perfectly. It's a survival tool, not a rocket launcher pickup. You sound like you want to chase people down while in Revenge mode as the aggressor, rather than defend yourself as the victim. That kind of thing is what got old Revenge nerfed.

Survive?! Keep in mind I'm talking about 2v2s not 4v4s.
There is literally no point in "surviving" When as*holes playing assassins run away as soon as you activate it and then come back and team up on you as soon as it is over.

Gray360UK
07-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Survive?! Keep in mind I'm talking about 2v2s not 4v4s.
There is literally no point in "surviving" When as*holes playing assassins run away as soon as you activate it and then come back and team up on you as soon as it is over.

Valid tactic. They have the advantage and the manpower to kill you because they killed your team mate. At this point, you do not deserve a God mode that automatically makes you win against that superior force. What is the point in a 2 vs 2 fight if once they have you down to 1 vs 2 you are granted an artifical aid that makes you as powerful / more powerful than 2 of them? That is no test of 2 opponents vs 2 opponents. That is a test of how strong the Revenge mechanic is.

This is the Revenge crutch that many people desperately wanted to cling on to before the old Revenge nerf. If you need it to win, then should you win? It's a huge debate that I'm not gonna restart here, but in a 2 vs 2 where they eliminate 1 and leave you outnumbered, you should lose unless you are at a skill level that makes you better than those 2 opponents, not because you are granted a mode that makes you better, thats my opinion. A Revenge victory is a hollow victory in my book.

In 2 vs 2 you deserve Revenge much less than in 4 vs 4. The whole point of 2 vs 2 is that taking out one opponent gives you an advantage. Having Revenge take that away pretty much invalidates the whole idea of the mode. In a future patch, they are making it less likely that you will gain Revenge vs 2 opponents, precisely with this reasoning in mind. It is to survive against extremely unfair odds, 3 or 4 vs 1, not to make Brawl pointless because the losing team gets Revenge and wins.

UbiJurassic
07-01-2017, 07:07 PM
We'll begin revamping revenge in patch 1.09 and will make additional changes into season 3. If you haven't seen them already, you can see the changes coming here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696317-Patch-notes-(v1-09)).

Linnix1
07-02-2017, 06:22 AM
I don't care if I survive gettimg swamped by 4 Italian men what I expect for the mode to do as it says keeps me from being cc'd at the startup that's all I want I don't want to pop it only to eat a knuckle sandwitch and get throw on the ground.

Existentialmeme
07-02-2017, 12:13 PM
We'll begin revamping revenge in patch 1.09 and will make additional changes into season 3. If you haven't seen them already, you can see the changes coming here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696317-Patch-notes-(v1-09)).

But why start with a nerf?? it would be much better if the devs just left it alone till season 3 and then introduce the complete revenge change, not nerfing something that's already weak for a month.

john_gundon
07-02-2017, 12:22 PM
I like the new version of revenge. In fact, the less a person strikes you, the less the coefficient - that's fine. Because revenge should not be based...

kweassa1
07-02-2017, 03:39 PM
The current revenge only needs a few tweaks, one of them being the revenge activation auto-parry/knockdown function being just negated by... what do the devs call them?... "melee attacks" ... those that either soft CC or hard CC you, cannot be parried, and just punches through revenge activation like knife through a butter.

I've suggested it before, but the auto-parry/knockdown phase needs to be flagged "immune" to every status effect as well being granted a knock-down towards the source of any incoming "melee attacks".

That... and maybe, just maybe I'll vouch for a "knockdown-resistant" status, like the shugoki tier2 feat Rocksteady. As it is, even before the centurion was introduced, revenge mode is too easy to predict (full revenge meter visual queue visible to opponents), and simply "plant" a "melee attack" during the start-up phase when the revenge activator is rooted at the spot and doing that supah-saiyan pose. Revenge activation -- someone plants stuff like long arm while revenge is in activation -- you're down -- revenge rendered useless... or more commonly these days,revenge activation -- cent UB charged heavy incoming -- "pinned" -- guaranteed charged jab -- knockdown -- revenge rendered useless.

Other than that I don't need any more defense and offense boost in a "power up" mode any more than it already offers.

bmason1000
07-03-2017, 01:57 AM
The current revenge only needs a few tweaks, one of them being the revenge activation auto-parry/knockdown function being just negated by... what do the devs call them?... "melee attacks" ... those that either soft CC or hard CC you, cannot be parried, and just punches through revenge activation like knife through a butter.

I've suggested it before, but the auto-parry/knockdown phase needs to be flagged "immune" to every status effect as well being granted a knock-down towards the source of any incoming "melee attacks".

That... and maybe, just maybe I'll vouch for a "knockdown-resistant" status, like the shugoki tier2 feat Rocksteady. As it is, even before the centurion was introduced, revenge mode is too easy to predict (full revenge meter visual queue visible to opponents), and simply "plant" a "melee attack" during the start-up phase when the revenge activator is rooted at the spot and doing that supah-saiyan pose. Revenge activation -- someone plants stuff like long arm while revenge is in activation -- you're down -- revenge rendered useless... or more commonly these days,revenge activation -- cent UB charged heavy incoming -- "pinned" -- guaranteed charged jab -- knockdown -- revenge rendered useless.

Other than that I don't need any more defense and offense boost in a "power up" mode any more than it already offers.
Nailed it. Apart from some attacks punching through the activation, i think revenge is 100% fine as is.