PDA

View Full Version : Valk - Dash attacks block for GB promotes turtle and punishes offense.......

Duuklah
06-30-2017, 05:49 AM
Further to the idea of breaking the turtle meta do ya think maybe NOW we can NOT have a free GB of a SIMPLE BLOCK of EVERY SINGLE VALK dash attack?

You guys SAY you want the turtle meta gone, but doesnt this seem like a simple fix and a huge QoL imporovement for every valk out there?

I mean is it really necessary to have one character be consistently the MOST punishable in the whole game????

Lucifist666
06-30-2017, 06:27 AM
She has plenty of knockdown (cheap) stuff in her arsonal. If anything they need to slow down her attacks.

Tyrjo
06-30-2017, 06:44 AM
Do you realize how easy it would be for her to perform a sweep if it didn't stagger her?

My.Insanity
06-30-2017, 08:33 AM
Are you guys drunk?

in my eyes Valk is the worst Hero for 1on1...

1. she has no tools to open a turtle
2. all of her moves gives a free GB (each dash, each shieldbash, each sweep) she has not a single save move
3. her dmg is a joke (you will need a lot of effort to take someone down)
4. with the change of the guard speed you can say goodbye to your "light/ ligh/ heavy combo" if you still get hit by her 2nd light attack i assume you are a very bad player (PC)

But hey who cares.. they wont change the turtlemeta and nerf the Centurio.. so im going now full Turtle Centurio

HF & GL

Sarhaed
06-30-2017, 12:25 PM
I agree that Guard Breaks are usually too useful in For Honor, especially when you can die from a throw...

It should be a tool to open up defense, like grabs in other fighting games. Free guard breaks on parries and blocks makes offense a very, VERY bad choice in most situations. Especially with blocks where you don't put yourself in danger at all...

But it's not a problem specific to the Valkyrie. And if I remember correctly, devs said multiple times that they don't want the Side dash + light or heavy attacks to be openers, but punishing moves. Like the spinning chop of the Berserker or the side light with Kensei.

But everyone can agree that offense must be buffed overall.

PS: Last time I checked, blocked and parried heavies from the Valkyrie don't grant any free GB on her if you're facing a hero that doesn't have a dash + GB (PK, Raider, Valk, Kensei...), because of her range. They just fail their GB and you can GB them in return. That's why Valk can paradoxally open the fight with a heavy without too much risk. I can be wrong though, or maybe it changed.

SikanderAzam
06-30-2017, 04:26 PM
As someone who almost exclusively plays Valk, I do find it very odd that they would make her so easily to punish. Dash is definitely a free GB, but if you just block one of her light attacks you can also usually get off a GB. If she misses a shield bash, has her heavy blocked, really anything, it's a free GB and heavy punish. She's hands down the most easily punished class in the game BY FAR and has little damage to compensate, so all of her attack seem high risk low reward. The reason I stuck with her is that as long as you make no mistakes she's amazing... But it's tough to not make any mistakes, and any decent player knows to just turtle and take what amounts to a free kill if they do so. She indeed has no consistent way to open a turtle. I usually just deny combat to turtling cents and warlords honestly, because I know that there's literally nothing that I can do to kill them if they know anything about my class and theirs.

SikanderAzam
06-30-2017, 04:30 PM
I agree that Guard Breaks are usually too useful in For Honor, especially when you can die from a throw...

It should be a tool to open up defense, like grabs in other fighting games. Free guard breaks on parries and blocks makes offense a very, VERY bad choice in most situations. Especially with blocks where you don't put yourself in danger at all...

But it's not a problem specific to the Valkyrie. And if I remember correctly, devs said multiple times that they don't want the Side dash + light or heavy attacks to be openers, but punishing moves. Like the spinning chop of the Berserker or the side light with Kensei.

But everyone can agree that offense must be buffed overall.

PS: Last time I checked, blocked and parried heavies from the Valkyrie don't grant any free GB on her if you're facing a hero that doesn't have a dash + GB (PK, Raider, Valk, Kensei...), because of her range. They just fail their GB and you can GB them in return. That's why Valk can paradoxally open the fight with a heavy without too much risk. I can be wrong though, or maybe it changed.

I frequently get hit with GB within my absurd recovery window as a Valk when I'm parried or have really any attack blocked. I think since she has a spear people assume she has range similar to Nobushi, which is just not the case. If I'm close enough to attack you, then in 90% of cases you're also close enough to GB me if I'm blocked. It's the big failing of the Valk is that anything she does if she makes a single mistake she gets a free smack down. That's why despite being a relatively versatile and fun class, she doesn't see a ton of play time--people aren't willing to play such an unforgiving class and get creamed constantly while they try to muddle through her learning curve.