PDA

View Full Version : Tournament is BUGGY as hell, why create more problems, instead of FIXING OLD ONES??!!

Mia.Nora
06-30-2017, 01:47 AM
It is not like you have a perfectly functioning game with everything else is set in its right place. In its current state For Honor is a steaming pile of you know what.

- Declining playerbase that is already way too small
- Connectivity issues still not fixed.
- Balance Horrible.
- Most popular game mode Dominion is plagued by CC ganking, where main aggressor is just one character
- Defensive meta still not fixed and we dont even know what the plans are for how to change it

And those are the most pressing issues of FH, followed by so many relatively less important issues like;

- Black screen freeze at the end of match
- Ingame freeze at the end of match
- Environmental kills *X
- tons of visual glitches still around since beta
- Duel maps with first GB decides winner
- pointless faction war
- poor UI
..and I could keep going on, but no need to rewrite what we all know.

And you guys decided to redirect your very limited development resources into a tournament mode that is so far buggy as hell where people just climb up the ladder based on who disconnects first??

Developers have proven how bad they are in terms of technical skills and fixing things already, judging by the way connection issues have been handled so far, tournament mode wont ever get to a stable state. Just fix the existing problems instead of wasting resources on something that's not going to work anyway.

I have never been so disgusted by a game company before, putting out that amazing concept and smudging s*** all over it.

Netcode_err_404
06-30-2017, 02:58 AM
Their game their rules I say.

But I also want to say, if they keep going that way, their game will be played just by them.

Existentialmeme
06-30-2017, 05:18 AM
It really is time to move on... The developers has showed that they are quite incompetent.

With so little care to the players, not listening to players enough about how things should be fixed ( I'm talking about the little fixes, like tweaking some values for the sake of balance, Maybe I don't understand enough on the subject to say much, but this doesn't seem like a big task if they have HUNDREDS of developers on the team)

Mean while, Check out absolver if you guys are interested in games of similar mechanic, it's a melee action game, with stances as well. Here's a Trailer for those of you that are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX9dPFlEvnc

kweassa1
06-30-2017, 05:50 AM
....I guess you people don't understand the concept of "test".

As in, "public tests to find bugs and fix stuff" before release?

You should be posting your b*tchy moan at the test forums to provide feedback, m8.

Existentialmeme
06-30-2017, 06:03 AM
....I guess you people don't understand the concept of "test".

As in, "public tests to find bugs and fix stuff" before release?

You should be posting your b*tchy moan at the test forums to provide feedback, m8.

Huh, interesting, didn't they do closed beta and open beta before release and got feedbacks on zone flicker? and is it fixed?
Most of us has lost hopes that the "test" and actual tournament will be any different in terms of bugs... But yes it is too early to start moaning about it

Mia.Nora
06-30-2017, 06:13 AM
They don't have the track record where they can rely on ' This is only test stage, we will fix everything in a timely manner'. They exhausted that line of credit months ago, and by now we all know how incompetent they all are at fixing anything. Anyone who claims otherwise is just a troll.

At that point wasting their very limited resources on something that is doomed to fail due to its technical issues is a very silly idea when a mountain of 5 month old issues still waiting to be addressed.

XxHunterHxX
06-30-2017, 09:54 AM
I played 1 tournament match

I got a turtle shinobi vs me playing a berserker....i lost

Then i went **** it...and started playing PK

got a turtle centurion that played like scum pushed me off once.....then i started playing like scum pushed hem off 2 times he rage quit....

then i went to vs the same shinobi again...now vs pk....he lost....

last game was vs a turtleing warlord....he pushed me off the map 3 times....

i wanted to say the ranked mode is ****.....but if i made the topic people wold say i was trolling...

Gray360UK
06-30-2017, 10:30 AM

got a turtle centurion that played like scum pushed me off once.....then i started playing like scum pushed hem off 2 times he rage quit....

i wanted to say the ranked mode is ****.....but if i made the topic people wold say i was trolling...

So it plays the same as the rest of the game, basically, but with the turtle meta x 100 ;)

Shame we don't have it on Console, sounds fun .... :rolleyes:

Netcode_err_404
06-30-2017, 11:35 AM

Nobody will tell you you are trolling, I just said you to stop open whine threads, because you, me and everybody know that this game at the moment is trash. Sp i just suggested you to stop playing like I did. Because all the rage, that this game causes is not worthy.

I already gave up on this game, infact I actually would bet money on that matter but since i have no interests in this game's failure, I still hope/would like that the devs stop to act like clueless amateurs and start to actually work on stuff that matter. Which is clearly not the "ranked competitive" 1v1.

Thats all.

Game is still installed waiting for a proper rework of the game itself

Capoupacap
06-30-2017, 12:36 PM
Complaining about every new content, especially where it's announced to be under test will for sure give our dev team all the motivation they need... You complain about a test server when console player doesn't have access to it.

Netcode_err_404
06-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Complaining about every new content, especially where it's announced to be under test will for sure give our dev team all the motivation they need... You complain about a test server when console player doesn't have access to it.

The point has not bene taken.

Game is broken + focus on ranked mode = Waste of time.

Do you understand ?

Dhaleks
06-30-2017, 12:47 PM

Read the OP again, you're missing the point. We're not complaining about new features or content, we're complaining about months old technical issues keeping us from enjoying the game...
One would think those issues would be adressed before implementing something as big as ranked duels; the fact that those remain unanswered is a tad worrying.

Sarhaed
06-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Once again, For Honor has many issues, everybody knows that. But the "ressources" problem is often a dead end. They have several teams of specialized developpers, programmers and artists that cannot work on a single issue at a time. If you want your car fixed faster, you don't call your plumber, your doctor and your teacher to help. That doesn't make any sense.

If they stopped any update to the game until they fixed the connectivity and balance issues, I don't think anyone would be happier...

It is possible to criticise how the modifications are handled and the priorities of the team (and I think at the moment they should be bolder in their initiatives with game balance), but it is very difficult for me to be negative about the addition of a test server. A test server means more feedback, more impact of player's opininons on the upcoming changes, and faster updates. They needed to test something, and tournament mode is a way to start things off. (and many people wanted a ranked mode, even with the game being broken... so two birds one stone)

Netcode_err_404
06-30-2017, 01:55 PM
Once again, For Honor has many issues, everybody knows that. But the "ressources" problem is often a dead end. They have several teams of specialized developpers, programmers and artists that cannot work on a single issue at a time. If you want your car fixed faster, you don't call your plumber, your doctor and your teacher to help. That doesn't make any sense.

If they stopped any update to the game until they fixed the connectivity and balance issues, I don't think anyone would be happier...

It is possible to criticise how the modifications are handled and the priorities of the team (and I think at the moment they should be bolder in their initiatives with game balance), but it is very difficult for me to be negative about the addition of a test server. A test server means more feedback, more impact of player's opininons on the upcoming changes, and faster updates. They needed to test something, and tournament mode is a way to start things off. (and many people wanted a ranked mode, even with the game being broken... so two birds one stone)

The only specialized one in ubi, is the one who designed the centurion, and thought it was legit.

He is a god,

cragar212
06-30-2017, 02:08 PM

How bout it's their job for a motivater

Rikuto01.tv
06-30-2017, 04:11 PM
Absolver looks like indie-level crap.

If you can't afford to texture anything you probably don't have much of a game.

kweassa1
06-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Read the OP again, you're missing the point. We're not complaining about new features or content, we're complaining about months old technical issues keeping us from enjoying the game...
One would think those issues would be adressed before implementing something as big as ranked duels; the fact that those remain unanswered is a tad worrying.

Then one is simply uneducated in how work priority and schedules are laid out in any kind of business.

It's like saying a restaurant needs to close down and put all its resources to solving problems with certain unpopular dishes, and they shouldn't ever think of making new recipes and specials until everything people don't like is 100% fixed.

Here's a fact for ya. Get a job, and you'll see no business ever works that way. It's called "prioritization" and "multi-tasking".

XxHunterHxX
06-30-2017, 04:55 PM
Look at this....about the ranked mode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyp_bMmYLLs

tbtsrjc
06-30-2017, 05:22 PM
Then one is simply uneducated in how work priority and schedules are laid out in any kind of business.

It's like saying a restaurant needs to close down and put all its resources to solving problems with certain unpopular dishes, and they shouldn't ever think of making new recipes and specials until everything people don't like is 100% fixed.

Here's a fact for ya. Get a job, and you'll see no business ever works that way. It's called "prioritization" and "multi-tasking".

I think a better analogy would be if this game were a restaurant and their stoves only worked half of the time (I'm being generous by saying 50%), preventing food from coming out in a timely manner, it would be in their best interest to fix their stoves before adding new food items to the menu. The stove being the development team and the food being patches/fixes. Have you ever worked in a restaurant before? The restaurant would fail until they got their basic components working, adding to the menu would be fruitless unless those items didn't have be cooked. Just like adding cosmetics instead of fixes. A salad sounds nice and all but I came here for a big and juicy steak.

FrostedBeatle12
06-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Comparing the gaming industry to the food industry is flawed thinking @kweassa1. Please, let's keep the insults of others to a minimum if your going to try and defend these terrible business practices. One does not have to be educated in order to see that people are clearly dissastisfied with the majority of the product and the way in which the issues are being addressed.

Let's take your food reference for instance. If a fast food place opens up and a good number of people order once and find out they were served cold meat (beta'like issues such as freeze screen and the connection of a potato); First they are going to demand a refund of their money. Then they are never going to return to that establishment. And then if anyone gets sick, you best believe that a lawsuit will be filed. At no point are you going to hear about the fast food chain saying "well, we wanted to get our chicken out early, so we just didn't cook our meat.....it takes time" and that's because that chain will then be laughed out of the business market.

Yes, in a business setting, things take time. But if you don't prioritize, then it's all for not. I can't expect a business merger to go through if I haven't even done the footwork to get the paperwork started. And leaving game breaking issues while still adding more broken content(the ranked mode is a mess, even for a test server) is equivalent to not getting the paperwork done and expecting the other company to sign the documents and worry about the specifics later. That will NEVER EVER happen, that's why big companies have big lawyers. People are complaining about issues that should have been handled within 2 months of being released. To be honest, and maybe the game development industry has changed too much for my liking, these are issues that should have been taken care of during closed beta.

Why people are still so eager to defend the business practices of people who handle situations like snide little children (the gangsta glasses may have been funny to some, but doing that while ignoring your cancerous issues plaguing your game is tiresome at best for me) is beyond me. There is a time for funny funny ha ha's and unfortunately this isn't it. I would love to not have to type out these long posts, but when I've spent money on a game that not only hasn't delivered on their promise to provide a stable game....but acts like little kids in the process..... it kind of runs me hot. And by the looks of these posts and the posts on almost EVERY other media (YouTube, twitch, forums) I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Dhaleks
06-30-2017, 05:26 PM

The situation is way worse than that, your analogy is out of place. We are talking about game breaking issues (crashes and freezes), in other words, the client cannot even enter the restaurant - eventhough he paid already.

I have a job, thank you. I've also worked in a video game studio, so I have a pretty good idea of how QA is supposed to work : For Honor is light years away from the industry standards.

DeLatv
06-30-2017, 05:28 PM
No, no no! You got it all wrong! Ranked to is seperate turtles with people who want fun!

If you see turtles and tryhards! Feed them free wins! Pump all those Warlords/Centurions/Wardens to the gold 1, so we dont have to see them anymore!
I will finally have ranked with out wardens/Warlord/Centurions! and ill be happy in gold 4/5 haveing fun!

I can already feel in my mouth the taste of having full turnament with Keneis, Shugokies, Raiders, Nobushies, Valkyries, Berserkers, and maybe some random scrub who can only win with headbuts....

AzureSky.
06-30-2017, 06:06 PM
Tried absolver and its a laggy mess, i think it doesnt use p2p (fundamental in fighting games) and one player host and the other just join (tested this and its like this) so the host gets a really unfair advantage with the hits (he can hit you even when you evade)

its worse than for honor open beta.

In fighting aspect they dont have grabs so the evade character is king, second is the guy that absorb hits (since his movelist is very good and other classes can learn it so its pretty useless in late game) and third is the parry one (also it has some good moves with A scaling in strenght)

You can build a evasive character (the one that can dodge since it has a lot of frames to dodge and also it slows the opponent attack) with the absorb guy and parry guy movelist and get a really high armor + hard hitting hits + perfect dodge (since its a skill and not a normal dodge so you can dodge fast even with heavy equipment)

Gemoroda
06-30-2017, 06:18 PM

I promised myself i that i wont do this anymore, pick on people for theyr not so bright comments. but meh
this is the problem with most intelligent kids these days... they try to give you an example, by making a comparison with other things (a restaurant wit its dishes in our case) to state the fact that you as a person (the one he replies to) are so stupid that you dont understand this planet. like were martians. but in the end they give you the exact tools to reply back to them as i am doing now (i will so get so much hate for this comment).
here you go smartypants (kweassa1)
the diference between a restaurant with dish problems and for honor with game problems is : in a restaurant you go order what you want to eat because youknow its good, stay away from wat is bad and people are half happy untill they resolve the problems.
4honor on the other hand, you cant enter a game and order a dominion witout disconection and with extra non defensive meta players. YOU HAVE TU SUFFER TO EVERY CRAP THAT THE DEVS PROMIS TO FIX AND ONCE EVERY 2 3 WEEKS THEY GO WITH A PATCH UPDATE THAT DOESNT RESOLVE HALF THE PROBLEMS PEOPLE ARE RAMBLING ABOUT ON THIS FORUM, FROM TIME TO TIME THEY AD A HOT FIX THAT RESOLVE EVEN LESS, AND NOT GIVING US ANY INFO ON WHAT THEY MODIFY OR WHAT THEYRE PLANS ARE IN ADVANCE AND INSTAID WE WAIT ON HALLOW PROMISSES THINKING "OMG NEXT WEEK THEY SAID THEYL RELEASE THE DEFENSIVE META PATCH (just an example) AND WHEN IT COMES THE PATCH IS USELESS OR SO MINOR THAT THEY DIDNT RESOLVE A THING.

STOP TRYING TO BE A SMART *** AND HELP THE COMUNITI DETOXIFY. NOT THE OTHER WAY

tbtsrjc
06-30-2017, 07:15 PM
He's obviously an only child. Why do you think he's incapable of seeing anyone else's point of view? His whole mentality is if he's not experiencing difficulty despite the fact that other people are, nothing should change. It's always about him and not the bigger picture.

brashtralas
06-30-2017, 07:45 PM
It really is time to move on... The developers has showed that they are quite incompetent.

With so little care to the players, not listening to players enough about how things should be fixed ( I'm talking about the little fixes, like tweaking some values for the sake of balance, Maybe I don't understand enough on the subject to say much, but this doesn't seem like a big task if they have HUNDREDS of developers on the team)

Mean while, Check out absolver if you guys are interested in games of similar mechanic, it's a melee action game, with stances as well. Here's a Trailer for those of you that are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX9dPFlEvnc

Not very similar at all..... Nothing is going to match up to For Honor in terms of gameplay. Let's be honest, here.

I had hopes for absolver, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for.

FrostedBeatle12
06-30-2017, 08:51 PM
Maybe this one FredEx? I mean, any word other then contact support would be greatly appreciated at this point. Even if you just told me to get lost, at least I would know you were capable of something other then a copy/paste response

SaschoS
06-30-2017, 08:57 PM
This game has a manic depression

Vingrask
06-30-2017, 09:45 PM
Wasn't the Ranked mode on Test server? It is already live on retail client???

kweassa1
06-30-2017, 09:59 PM
Wasn't the Ranked mode on Test server? It is already live on retail client???

Still public test phase. It's not out yet.

Vingrask
06-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Still public test phase. It's not out yet.

So I didn't get the point of that topic...

kweassa1
06-30-2017, 10:32 PM
So I didn't get the point of that topic...

Well, apparently it's another "bash the game, bash the devs for not giving me what I want immediately" thread.

The point seems to be that they should all stop working on new content and just commit themselves to fixing some of the stuff they perceive as a problem -- despite the fact there are just as many other people who oppose it -- and basically "create the game in their own image"... either the devs to that, or they are "incompetent".

So, it doesn't matter if its in a test phase where people are supposed to TEST stuff out and help grinding out the bugs and problems -- the mode should be perfect even it's "test" phase... and since it isn't... and instead of nerfing classes like cent to uselessness they are working hard on this new content, the devs should be bashed for "incompetency". That I think, is the point.

It's a facepalmishly stupid point, I know.

tbtsrjc
06-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Well, apparently it's another "bash the game, bash the devs for not giving me what I want immediately" thread.

The point seems to be that they should all stop working on new content and just commit themselves to fixing some of the stuff they perceive as a problem -- despite the fact there are just as many other people who oppose it -- and basically "create the game in their own image"... either the devs to that, or they are "incompetent".

So, it doesn't matter if its in a test phase where people are supposed to TEST stuff out and help grinding out the bugs and problems -- the mode should be perfect even it's "test" phase... and since it isn't... and instead of nerfing classes like cent to uselessness they are working hard on this new content, the devs should be bashed for "incompetency". That I think, is the point.

It's a facepalmishly stupid point, I know.

The connection has been garbage for most people since it's beta stages. After all this time the game's stability hasn't improved at all. The connection, along with matchmaking and class balance have been issues since the beginning, and have gotten worse over time. The game has been out for almost 5 months, so I'll say that you are completely wrong by saying that this is a "give me what I want immediately" type of thread. The players have been waiting for these fixes for a long while now.

Considering how long it takes to release a patch I'm onboard with those saying to halt any new additions and instead focus on what people have been complaining about for the past 5 months. I believe you're the one with the expectation that people should be content and play a game that YOU'RE happy with, despite the fact that most of the threads in these forums are in regards to the problems that have always existed with this game.

I hope you do realize there was an Alpha testing, a closed Beta testing and an open Beta testing and yet these problems still exist. So I don't have much faith in their ability to test new content and to provide fixes at the same time because it hasn't happened yet.

FrostedBeatle12
07-01-2017, 12:54 AM
Wow @kwaessa1 , as if you weren't put in your place hard enough with the food service analogy. I'm not here to argue, you are. And if you think that there are people against providing a better, more stable playable game..... then there really is no need to even continue this conversation.

I'll go the Jon Oliver route and say that just like with the coal industry, if your on the side of black lung, your probably on the wrong side...... same here..... if your AGAINST better connectivity , then your probably on the wrong side and need to readjust your skewed views. I've heard even their most diehard fans and protectors claim that the connectivity could be a lot better. Not a little, a lot. And it's continuously ignored. I'm not here to cry, and whine, and waste my time......people already do enough of that for me in game. I'm here to try and maybe make some suggestions as to how to improve the game and people, like @kwaessa1, who can't be wrong make it almost impossible to voice those opinions without saying "quit crying and accept the black ***** that Ubi has shoved down my throat".

Just because we have differing views on the direction that this game should take doesn't automatically make me a crybaby. The fact that you can't accept basic and simple facts, makes you the crybaby of situation and considering your analogy was DESTROYED by myself and several others.....your an uninformed crybaby at that.

Again, if your against better connectivity......your probably on the wrong side

C00tBAjenkins
07-01-2017, 01:27 AM
The test server is for "testing" the tournament addition to the game. That's it. Personally it's not very appealing to myself but oh well. The server stability issue is always going to be an issue. It's relying on peoples hit and miss connections. Don't know why people feel the need to beat a dead horse here. Maybe it will get better maybe not. Only the Dev's really know and they are defiantly not going to say anything that will put the game in a negative light. "we are working on it" will be the answer from here on out.

JibletHunter
07-01-2017, 01:41 AM
Where is Antonio to tell everyone to stop complaining and get gud lol.

Silveriukas
07-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Nerf god damn centurion