PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding the K-14 gunsight.

Ketalar
03-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Well, after a looong wait I finally got my hands on the Ace Expansion Pack here in Sweden today. It's a whole new feel compared to the trusty "old" v1.22, but I like it a lot this far.

I do have some questions regarding the K-14 gunsight though. I get the priciple of the thing, and I get it to work, but I can't tell what distance it's set at. Is it supposed to be like this, or am I missing something? It starts out with a reticle the same size as the fixed sight, then by increasing the distance I can make it calculate drop further out, but I miss an indication of what distance it's set to (i.e. there's no indication on an instrument or on the HUD).

Does it start out at 100 meters and adjust in steps of 25 meters? What's the closest and furthest distances and what are the steps?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

Ketalar
03-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Well, after a looong wait I finally got my hands on the Ace Expansion Pack here in Sweden today. It's a whole new feel compared to the trusty "old" v1.22, but I like it a lot this far.

I do have some questions regarding the K-14 gunsight though. I get the priciple of the thing, and I get it to work, but I can't tell what distance it's set at. Is it supposed to be like this, or am I missing something? It starts out with a reticle the same size as the fixed sight, then by increasing the distance I can make it calculate drop further out, but I miss an indication of what distance it's set to (i.e. there's no indication on an instrument or on the HUD).

Does it start out at 100 meters and adjust in steps of 25 meters? What's the closest and furthest distances and what are the steps?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

Chuck_Older
03-19-2004, 09:07 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

How did you guess the range with any other gunsight, before you had a K-14 available?

You do not need to know the range with the K-14. All you need to do is match the wingspan to the pipper. The range is irrelevent, other than you ideally still want to be at your convergence range, of course. And to calculate that, it's exactly the same method you use with a non- K-14 type gunsight. So no, you aren't missing any text that tells you the range as you change it. There is no text message that tells you, "range: 200m"

The sight seems to be "set" to 150 meters, when you first switch it on.

I get plenty of hits with it set this way, out to 300 meters. After that I am not a good shot, but that's why I set my convergence to 300m in the first place.

I have not found a need to re-set convergence just because the sight pipper on the gyro sight is set to a much closer range.

I would have to assume it's programmed in 'steps' just like gun convergence is programmed, for game mechanics purposes. But I would not assume that just because you press the "decrease range" button once, it changes the range by 50m.

Wave bub-bub-bub-bye to the boss, it's your profit, it's his loss~ Clash