PDA

View Full Version : NO nerf for Centurion Dominion CC ??

Mia.Nora
06-29-2017, 12:05 AM
Greetings everyone,

Tomorrow morning at 8:00AM EDT we will release Live Update 1.08.02 across all platforms. Maintenance is set to begin at 8AM EDT / 12PM UTC and last 10 minutes until 8:10AM EDT / 12:10PM UTC. Please see the full live update notes below.

Centurion

- Jab and Charged Jab area of effect updated.

Developer comments: Centurion’s Jabs will now be less efficient at tracking enemies dodging backwards. Overall, this should make Jabs easier to dodge.

- Heavy Attack is no longer guaranteed after a left Throw.

[B]Developer comments: Centurion’s left Throw was cancellable sooner into Heavy Attack than other directional Throws. This was an unintended bug causing Heavy Attack to be guaranteed out of left Throw only.

- Removed the ability to Quick Throw out of Guard Mode.

[B]Developer comments: By unlocking during the Quick Throw startup, it was very easy to confuse the opponent into a Counter Guard Break and then punish with a Heavy Attack. This unlock tech wasn’t intended so we’ve removed it.

- Removed the ability to switch target on Parry Counter startup.
- [Bug Fix] Parry Counter startup now removes Shugoki’s Passive Uninterruptible Stance before the hit.

[B]Developer comments: Specific Parry follow up attacks are meant to hit the parried target, which is why we’re removing Centurion’s ability to switch target during Parry Counter. The Shugoki fix addresses a readability issue. By visualizing the removal of the Uninterruptible Stance before the hit, we hope Shugokis have a better understanding of what happens when they get counter parried by Centurions.

- Phalanx duration reduced to 10 seconds (from 45).

Developer comments: Phalanx was too strong even for a level 4 feat. The duration of the effect made it a tactical no brainer. With a 45 second duration, Centurion could pretty much activate Phalanx at any time, it would always be useful for at least one player on the team. By reducing the duration to 10 seconds we want Centurion to really think twice about when to use Phalanx in order not to waste it.

For additional patch notes, visit www.forhonorgame.com/patchnotes (http://www.forhonorgame.com/patchnotes)

That jab change doesn't do anything to address the core problem where a Centurion charged heavy hits you from out of nowhere and chaining into 6 second confirmed stun. So that's all we get? This is ********.

I can't ***ing believe you made us wait for weeks to do..this. This is something that should happen as a hotfix overnight the day it was released, not after 2 months of *needing data*.. What now, how long more do we wait for the actual fix?? 5 years??

basic-one
06-29-2017, 01:10 AM
You already paid for the game, why would they care what you think?

SirCorrino
06-29-2017, 01:14 AM
Yeah, that was seriously stupid (not gonna use stronger words here, even thought it's warranted). The stream tomorrow better come with some damn explanation and concrete nerfs. We were promised a fix this week. So where the hell is it?

UbiNoty
06-29-2017, 01:19 AM
We do care what you think- otherwise much of our team would be very put-off that all the changes we're trying to make mean nothing to you. And I must be on the forums all the time only because I love you all so very much.

As for the live update tomorrow, this is only a part of the changes. All the changes that we push in a live update can be done without taking the game down for maintenance.
We will be including further changes to address Centurion's CC in the next title update 1.09.

SirCorrino
06-29-2017, 01:20 AM
We do care what you think- otherwise much of our team would be very put-off that all the changes we're trying to make mean nothing to you. And I must be on the forums all the time only because I love you all so very much.

As for the live update tomorrow, this is only a part of the changes. All the changes that we push in a live update can be done without taking the game down for maintenance.
We will be including further changes to address Centurion's CC in the next title update 1.09.

And when exactly will that patch release? Cause as I remember last week's stream said the fix would come this week.

I don't mean to take it out on you, Noty, but the people in charge of this game need to step it up if they want the game to have any players at all by the time Season 4 comes around.

UbiNoty
06-29-2017, 01:31 AM
And when exactly will that patch release? Cause as I remember last week's stream said the fix would come this week.

I don't mean to take it out on you, Noty, but the people in charge of this game need to step it up if they want the game to have any players at all by the time Season 4 comes around.

We haven't publicly revealed when 1.09 is coming, but it will be coming very shortly after tomorrow's live update. I wish we could set our own pace for everything but we don't actually have as much autonomy as you might think - we still have to work around maintenances and approvals, certification for console, etc. They may talk about it on stream tomorrow if the maintenance date is finalized by then - at the least you should hear more details about the patch.

SikanderAzam
06-29-2017, 01:48 AM

We do appreciate this. The periodic explosive saltiness of many of us is the result of being wrecked by that CC for weeks now. It's at that stage after initial butthurtness but before learned helplessness where outbursts of rage thrive.

SikanderAzam
06-29-2017, 01:58 AM
Oh, and this does need to be posted in every thread until the CC is patched, even if it does end up getting patched in 1.09.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMno3nB0hHg&feature=youtu.be

That video after 25 seconds pretty much explains 99% of the reason people dislike centurion. No one else can get away with what he did there.

Netcode_err_404
06-29-2017, 02:01 AM
Cooldowns would fix the whole game, but they said they do not want cooldowns be part of the game.

So in a certain way they confirmed they want this game to be cheap and "spammy"

kweassa1
06-29-2017, 02:08 AM
Cooldowns would fix the whole game, but they said they do not want cooldowns be part of the game.

You're confusing the genre. Which fighting game in this day and age has "cooldowns" in character moves?

Don't you idiots ever get tired of twisting thoughtless, misinformed bias into game-bashing everytime. :rolleyes:

kweassa1
06-29-2017, 02:12 AM
That jab change doesn't do anything to address the core problem where a Centurion charged heavy hits you from out of nowhere and chaining into 6 second confirmed stun. So that's all we get? This is ********.

I can't ***ing believe you made us wait for weeks to do..this. This is something that should happen as a hotfix overnight the day it was released, not after 2 months of *needing data*.. What now, how long more do we wait for the actual fix?? 5 years??

So where did they confirm that this is the changes they mentioned, or is the entirety of the changes?

Besides, it may not suit your wishes, but it's still a step for the better, is it not?

I for one am grateful that the goddarn back-to-back phalanx from 2 centurions is gone.

Mia.Nora
06-29-2017, 02:15 AM

They dont need cooldowns if they manage to make stamina costs in a meaningful way that reflects how often said moves should be used. But Centurion has WAAAAAAAY too much stamina compared to other characters to the point that stamina costs of anything is completely irrelevant to him.

It was so stupid to give him 175 stamina when buffed raider has 130 stamina. It is blatant favoritism, giving best of everything to this one character. Also I am still pissed off the fact that his heavies comes out faster than my lights as nobushi. I block his attack and try to interrupt his next heavy with my light, but his heavy comes out faster than my light and interrupts me and still punches through. So ***ing B.S.

Netcode_err_404
06-29-2017, 02:16 AM
You're confusing the genre. Which fighting game in this day and age has "cooldowns" in character moves?

Don't you idiots ever get tired of twisting thoughtless, misinformed bias into game-bashing everytime. :rolleyes:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/954/323/394.jpg

This is not a regular fight game, fighting game usually offer dynamic gameplay, not 2 idiots feinting and spamming MISERUM for 5 minutes.

Oh,I wish I could be as edgy as you :(

Yoshimitsu_440
06-29-2017, 02:16 AM

Are we going to see any changes to orochi in this patch? Its been 5 weeks now, plz give me some hope, I've been playing orochi since alpha....

Netcode_err_404
06-29-2017, 02:18 AM
Are we going to see any changes to orochi in this patch? Its been 5 weeks now, plz give me some hope, I've been playing orochi since alpha....

Orochi is perfectly fine, and viable in all environments.

His only problem is the fact that offers literally 0 satisfaction in playing him, like conqs.

But claiming he is weak, is like claiming that the sun is made of ice.

Yoshimitsu_440
06-29-2017, 02:25 AM
Orochi is perfectly fine, and viable in all environments.

His only problem is the fact that offers literally 0 satisfaction in playing him, like conqs.

But claiming he is weak, is like claiming that the sun is made of ice.

U must be high or playing against noobs only if u think that orochi is fine the way he is.

Netcode_err_404
06-29-2017, 02:38 AM
U must be high or playing against noobs only if u think that orochi is fine the way he is.

Or you could be bad. Who knows.

All you need to do is pressing 3 buttons, and you are able to win a LOT and without efforts. OFC spamming the same top light could not work always, but what you expect ? You are literally pressing 1 button.

The fact that he is not as powerfull as pk or warlord, doesn't mean he is weak, infact he is not.

He is just bad designed like the 90% of the classes.

> His top light does almost double the damage of his side lights, and it is faster
> His top light does the same damage of his side heavy, and is twice faster

That means that both side lights and heavies are completely useless.

His zone attack is bugged, is light speed and does moderate amount of damage

As far as I know it does slightly less damage than the attack you do with dows left stick + r2 ( don't remember its name in english), except that last one is slow and almost useless.

As you can see, you can buff him all you won't doesn't change the fact he is bad designed from the core.

Same with conqs, that people claim they are trash, but as a matter of fact in the current meta if played "right, and with right I mean turtle like theres no tomorrow" conqs are one of the most effective class in the game.

Arekonator
06-29-2017, 03:01 AM
This is not a regular fight game, fighting game usually offer dynamic gameplay, not 2 idiots feinting and spamming MISERUM for 5 minutes.

Oh,I wish I could be as edgy as you :(Just dont cut yourself on that edge.

SikanderAzam
06-29-2017, 03:09 AM

Cooldowns have no place in a game like this. The replacement to cooldowns if anything is a higher stamina cost to make it prohibitive to spam cheese moves. The real key in such a game as this in my opinion is using risk vs reward as the very core of the game. Risky moves if they succeed should have large payoffs, while low risk moves should not be able to inflict high damage on opponents. Whether this tenet has been adhered to properly in FH... it isn't abhorrent, but it's questionable.

The_B0G_
06-29-2017, 04:45 AM
I really really hope Cent nerf is coming soon and that it does it's job, the fact that the community had problems with 2-3 heroes before season 2 and now you hear absolutely nothing about those issues is telling enough of how OP this ridiculous character is.

PK light spam used to be all over the forums, now no one even cares because the Centurion is by far the most hated in the game, the PK has nothing on him.

It's to the point where all other heroes are underpowered compared to him, I'm not saying Cents can't be beat, most people playing Cents are bandwagon trash that are predictible and fairly easy to beat 1v1, but you get a skilled player as a Cent, endless feints, endless CC, endless parries when you try to respond with an attack and the get punished hard.

He is 100% the reason I play less than I ever had since release. It's not even about winning or losing, I win more now than I used to in the first month, it's just such an annoying character to fight against.

brashtralas
06-29-2017, 04:58 AM
Okay, so what if "cooldowns" worked like this:

After using a combo/spammy move(mainly cc), it goes onto cool down for x seconds. While on cool down, the ability/combo is still usable, but at an increased stamina cost.

Initial cool down stamina cost is 1.5y(just an example), however, if the ability on cool down is used, it obtains another cool down period for x seconds, where the stamina cost is now 2y.

This continues to compound, eventually making the ability unusable if spammed enough, for x seconds.

Arekonator
06-29-2017, 09:59 AM
The required nerf to cent to make him less terror in 4v4 is painfully obvious and easy one. And is basically just a minor tweaks at that.

1. Dont let the charged stab go through and CC you through uninterptable stance.
2. If you get hit by someone else during the stagger from charged stab, it should take you out of it, in a same maner that external hit cancels guardbreaks.

Simple fix that eases the major part of centurion cancerous presence in team modes.
Doesnt affect his 1v1 ability in the slightest.
Any harder nerfs can eventually come later, when ubi finally gets to collect their data.

This should come out maybe two weeks after S2 hit, its not a god damn rocket science to figure out. Instead we didnt get ANY adjustment for nearly two months.

Linnix1
06-29-2017, 04:15 PM

Blazblue by Arcsystems
-Both Carl and Relius have access to puppets that when give both characters amazing pressure but have a meter when the meter runs out the doll goes on a Cool down.
-It's later version central fiction introduced a mechanic called overdrive that after use to extend a combo or break one goes on a Cool down that descreases when damage is taken.
Guilty Gear by Arcsystems
-Zato has a character perk called Eddie that when Eddie is up gives him some of the best pressure game in the whole fighting game community but just like Carl and Relius Eddie can be broken to go on a cooldown.
-When Sin runs out of his calorie meter he will go into a nerfed mode that limits his abilities until he recharges again a cooldown.
Injustice 2 by Netherelm studios
- the entire character perk system has cooldown in it from Black Adams orbitals to Atrocidus' pet cat.
Killer Instinct by Rare, Double Helix, and Iron Galaxy.
-Killgore after he uses his projectiles to often will go into a cooldown state where he loses the ability to shoot but instead has a perk that gives him d.o.t damage after hitting someone.
You do play fighting game right? Cause if you do wth do you play mate.

Knight_Raime
06-29-2017, 07:28 PM
I don't think that's what they made us wait for. Rather they were able to peel off some of the planned changes and put them into a live update that addressed some things. and that the bulk of his changes is coming in the next patch. The way they have talked about addressing him in 4v4 deffinitely sounds like they put forth my idea of adding diminishing returns to his attacks and/or stam drain attacks ala smash bros style. A change like that would deff require a patch and not a live update.

Patch 1.09 if I understand right is coming to pc around the 13th of next month. and console takes about a week for cert. so that should give you a time frame on when they should be addressing his problems in 4v4. Personally i'm more curious if they've made any other changes to his kit to make more of his kit useful in 1v1 or not. If not i'll probably just play him a little longer so I can push out my advanced guide and then move to shinobi.

Knight_Raime
06-29-2017, 07:37 PM
Blazblue by Arcsystems
-Both Carl and Relius have access to puppets that when give both characters amazing pressure but have a meter when the meter runs out the doll goes on a Cool down.
-It's later version central fiction introduced a mechanic called overdrive that after use to extend a combo or break one goes on a Cool down that descreases when damage is taken.
Guilty Gear by Arcsystems
-Zato has a character perk called Eddie that when Eddie is up gives him some of the best pressure game in the whole fighting game community but just like Carl and Relius Eddie can be broken to go on a cooldown.
-When Sin runs out of his calorie meter he will go into a nerfed mode that limits his abilities until he recharges again a cooldown.
Injustice 2 by Netherelm studios
- the entire character perk system has cooldown in it from Black Adams orbitals to Atrocidus' pet cat.
Killer Instinct by Rare, Double Helix, and Iron Galaxy.
-Killgore after he uses his projectiles to often will go into a cooldown state where he loses the ability to shoot but instead has a perk that gives him d.o.t damage after hitting someone.
You do play fighting game right? Cause if you do wth do you play mate.

1) Sorry but it's a stretch to call the overdrive meter a cooldown mechanic. it would have to be something you have access to immediately. something that doesn't require a special instance to trigger for it to be a cooldown mechanic. Also I haven't played central fiction so I could be wrong here. But ada doesn't have a cooldown. She has a threshold of how much damage she can take and then enters a state where she has to wait a few seconds before she can be used again. And relius's puppet is summoned at will. and can be recalled whenever. His behaves closest to a cooldown. However I wouldn't consider any 3 of the examples in blazblue to be cooldowns. specifically with the puppet characters those puppets are basically adding on another moveset. it's not comparable to adding a move on a cooldown.

2) a cooldown system in for honor would simply make fights drag out longer. we really don't need that. Nor does it actually balance the problem. it just pushes it off to happen less. Medicidal is just a troll that believes they have the answer to literally anything. and they are very aggressive/condecending to anyone that doesn't agree with them. them and a few other people here don't even give worthwhile feedback anymore. they literally just troll the forums. So forgive me if I refuse to entertain the idea to toxic people like them.

3) For honor is not a traditional arcade style fighting game. it is more of a fencing game with fighter influence. So you can't automatically assume a solution in another fighting title is going to work here. I personally feel for honor is closer to smash. Which is why I put forth the solution to adding diminishing returns on spammed attacks. which is what the devs are actually doing for the centurion. so. problem solved.

SirCorrino
06-29-2017, 07:39 PM
I don't think that's what they made us wait for. Rather they were able to peel off some of the planned changes and put them into a live update that addressed some things. and that the bulk of his changes is coming in the next patch. The way they have talked about addressing him in 4v4 deffinitely sounds like they put forth my idea of adding diminishing returns to his attacks and/or stam drain attacks ala smash bros style. A change like that would deff require a patch and not a live update.

Patch 1.09 if I understand right is coming to pc around the 13th of next month. and console takes about a week for cert. so that should give you a time frame on when they should be addressing his problems in 4v4. Personally i'm more curious if they've made any other changes to his kit to make more of his kit useful in 1v1 or not. If not i'll probably just play him a little longer so I can push out my advanced guide and then move to shinobi.

No, the next set of Cent changes are scheduled for Season 3. Roman specifically said that. Which means I'm gonna quit unless the patch notes for 1.09 brings something else that will nerf Cent in 4v4.

Knight_Raime
06-29-2017, 07:46 PM
No, the next set of Cent changes are scheduled for Season 3. Roman specifically said that. Which means I'm gonna quit unless the patch notes for 1.09 brings something else that will nerf Cent in 4v4.

Season 3 is slated to start august. but this next patch is meant to drop in july. and ubiNoty said that the cc changes would be in the next patch. so someone mixed something up here.

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-29-2017, 09:38 PM
I don't see anything in those update notes that will do anything to address the absolute cancer that is the Centurion, it is very disappointing that still, after all this time Ubisoft refuses to address this game breaking character,

I too am sick and effing tired of this endless spamming of stamina drains, knockdowns, pins and revenge ignoring move-sets, there is absolutely nothing in these notes that's going to address the Cent group Gank, WTF is going on here? like others i too am playing this game less and less, every Lobby is full of cheap *** Centurion Band-wagoners getting in on the OP BS,

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-29-2017, 09:48 PM
I really really hope Cent nerf is coming soon and that it does it's job, the fact that the community had problems with 2-3 heroes before season 2 and now you hear absolutely nothing about those issues is telling enough of how OP this ridiculous character is.

PK light spam used to be all over the forums, now no one even cares because the Centurion is by far the most hated in the game, the PK has nothing on him.

It's to the point where all other heroes are underpowered compared to him, I'm not saying Cents can't be beat, most people playing Cents are bandwagon trash that are predictible and fairly easy to beat 1v1, but you get a skilled player as a Cent, endless feints, endless CC, endless parries when you try to respond with an attack and the get punished hard.

He is 100% the reason I play less than I ever had since release. It's not even about winning or losing, I win more now than I used to in the first month, it's just such an annoying character to fight against.

great comment, and Ubisoft continue to fiddle (we need more data) while Rome burns, excuse the pun

NOT_PeaceKeeper
06-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Todays stream didnt address anything

FrostedBeatle12
06-29-2017, 10:07 PM
It took a "full DEV team" a week to change the jab and tell us wait till season 3.

Orochi/Kensei/Zerker/Valk/Conq have been waiting on their supposed class tweaks for over a month now.

The defensive meta (which they have recognized as a problem) won't be addressed till season 3 as well.

The salvage conversion that the community has been asking about.... No conversion, it just spreads across all factions. Still useless and not what the community asked for. But I think we all know why conversion into steel isn't an option. Gotta promote those steel packs !Rah!

And again, this is with a full DEV team.

Issues such as environmental deaths, freezing screen, and flicker are still a giant problem that the community has asked about since release with no resolve in sight.

And these are just a few of the missteps from today's Warrior's Den. I wouldn't expect much from season 3 if this is going to be the trend from now on.

Dizzy4213
06-29-2017, 11:43 PM
What a ****ing ****show this game is!

After weeks of "MOAR DATA", Centurion isn't getting nerfed until Season 3. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Why the **** does he have so much stamina? Why the **** does he drain so much stamina compared to other heroes? Why the **** do his attacks consume so little stamina? Why the **** does he have so many stuns, that fighting him gives you an epileptic seizure? Why the **** are his heavy attacks faster than most heroes lights that he denies your feints? Why the **** does his uncharged punch wall bounce, when nearly all other UB moves can't? Why the **** does he get so much damage of a light parry?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ReflectingAltruisticIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

This single hero has completely destroyed this game for me. I simply can't take this **** anymore Ubisoft. Obviously, this is acceptable to you huh?

Again with the Faction War crap! Nobody gives a **** Ubisoft. Stop wasting valuable stream time with this ********!

Again with the useless Q/A section. Stop answering the stupid questions like "when does the public test start?" There have been so many good questions that have been ignored for dumb questions like this that can easily be answered with a quick Google search. Seems like Ubisoft are too scared to face the community and answer the real important questions.

I could easily write an essay on all the problems this game has, and the sheer incompetence of the developers but what's the point? You clearly don't play, or even understand the game you've created, shown magnificently by your brain-dead Dev Testers.

I think this is the end of the road for me. I don't have the willpower, or patience left to put up with this abuse any longer. I may be a masochist, but even I have my limits. The community waits MONTHS for an update that consists of nothing but minor bug fixes. Meanwhile, issues that have been in the game since launch still have yet to be fixed. You introduce a Ranked/Tournament Mode without fixing the Defensive Meta first. Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea huh? I won't deny this game was fun, but that fun soon died after a month or so. I've stuck around until now because I spent good money on this game, and because I had a slight hope that the issues would eventually be addressed. You've had months to address the Defensive Meta and yet you've not even attempted to fix it. Jesus Christ Ubisoft! How ****ing hard is it to make Parries less rewarding, and add meaningful Chip Damage? Sure, it might not fix everything but it's a start. This is something you could have implemented months ago. And yet you've done nothing! Despite the occasional fun moments I've had with this game, I still regret buying it. If had known what I know now I would've never bought this game. How sad, that the only good thing to come out of this game is the memes.

Even just writing this post is mentally exhausting for me so I'll end it here. I've already uninstalled For Honor and I doubt I will be coming back. There are many more things I could be doing with my time than continue to mindlessly play a dying game, naively believing that it will get better. How disappointing... that the community has shown so much support for this game, only to be stepped and **** on by the developers as a reward for their undying support. Even the most hard-core of For Honor players are now quitting this game. Such a shame that this game has turned out that way it has. It's a sad case of a great concept, but poorly executed.

With that being said, I wish everyone here the best of luck in their future endeavours. This will probably be the last post you'll see from me on these forums. Thanks to the community for all your support. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

Farewell ;)

Antonioj26
06-29-2017, 11:49 PM

After weeks of "MOAR DATA", Centurion isn't getting nerfed until Season 3. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Why the **** does he have so much stamina? Why the **** does he drain so much stamina compared to other heroes? Why the **** do his attacks consume so little stamina? Why the **** does he have so many stuns? Why the **** are his heavy attacks faster than most heroes lights? Why the **** does his uncharged punch wall bounce? Why the **** does he get so much damage of a light parry?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ReflectingAltruisticIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

This single hero has completely destroyed this game for me. I simply can't take this **** anymore Ubisoft. Obviously this is acceptable huh?

Again with the Faction War crap! Nobody gives a **** Ubisoft. Stop wasting valuable stream time with this ********!

Again with the useless Q/A section. Stop answering the stupid questions like "when does the public test start?" There have been so many good questions that have been ignored for dumb questions like this that can easily be answered with a quick Google search. Seems like Ubisoft are too scared to face the community and answer the real important questions.

I could write an essay on all the problems this game has, and the sheer incompetence of the developers but what's the point? You clearly don't play or understand the game you created, shown magnificently by your brain-dead Dev Testers.

I think this is the end of the road for me. I don't have the willpower of patience left this put up with abuse any longer. I may be a masochist, but even I have my limits. The community waits MONTHS for an update that consists of nothing but minor bug fixes. Meanwhile, issues that have been in the game since launch still have yet to be fixed. You introduce a Ranked/Tournament Mode without fixing the Defensive Meta first. Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea huh? I won't deny this game was fun, but that fun soon died after a month or so. I've stuck around until now because I spent good money on this game, and because I had a slight hope that the issues would eventually be addressed. You've had months to address the Defensive Meta but have done nothing. Jesus Christ Ubisoft! How ****ing hard is it to make Parries less rewarding, and to add meaningful Chip Damage? Sure, it might not fixed everything but it's a start. This is something you could have implemented months ago. And yet you've done nothing! Despite the occasional fun moments I've had with this game, I still regret buying it. If had known what I know now I would've never bought this game. How sad that the best thing to come out of this game is memes.

Even just writing this post is mentally exhausting for me so I'll end it here. I've already uninstalled For Honor and I doubt I will be coming back. There are many more things I could be doing with my time than continue to mindlessly play a dying game, naively believing that it will get better. How disappointing... that the community has shown so much support for this game, only to be stepped and **** on by the developers as a reward for their undying support. Even the most hard-core of For Honor players are now quitting this game. Such a shame that this game has turned out that way it has. It's a sad case of a great concept, but poorly executed.

With that being said, I wish everyone here the best of luck in their future endeavours. This will probably be the last post you'll see from me on these forums. Thanks to the community for all you're support. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

Farewell ;)

Holy ****.

UbiNoty
06-29-2017, 11:51 PM
Season 3 is slated to start august. but this next patch is meant to drop in july. and ubiNoty said that the cc changes would be in the next patch. so someone mixed something up here.

Things can change in development and while it's unfortunate that the big cc changes won't come until later, I'm at least glad we were able to give you a pretty good ETA on when those changes are coming. Perhaps I spoke too soon and that is my mistake, but I did want to let you all know that we are actively engaging with your concerns (whether you believe it or not).

And this bug fix will be in 1.09 that will at least help a teeny bit with his charged heavy stacking.

Centurion
Added the Uninterruptible Stance Icons on Eagle's Fury and Eagle's Fury Alternate movesets.
[Bug Fix] Centurion’s Charged Heavy cannot pin an enemy already pinned by another Centurion.

Full 1.09 patch notes here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696317-Patch-notes-(v1-09))

The salvage conversion that the community has been asking about.... No conversion, it just spreads across all factions. Still useless and not what the community asked for. But I think we all know why conversion into steel isn't an option. Gotta promote those steel packs !Rah!

Issues such as environmental deaths, freezing screen, and flicker are still a giant problem that the community has asked about since release with no resolve in sight.

The merging of the salvage is only the first part in a series of changes the team has planned. We haven't yet revealed what else we're going to be doing with salvage.

As for other things like the bugs and freezing, I know they've been plaguing players for a while and the team knows about it too. We're doing our best to get them fixed and we'll try to do it in as timely a fashion as we can.

Mia.Nora
06-30-2017, 12:14 AM
You guys just lie and stall.. Centurion cancer stays cancer until season 3 when we get 2 new cancer characters that will stay broken till season 4 so that's it? Screw you, this company will never see a dime from me again, and will make sure to spread the word.

FrostedBeatle12
06-30-2017, 12:20 AM
Thank you for responding @UbiNoty . And while I understand your not allowed to talk about too much, it's disheartening that you guys are implementing such minor fixes in multiple parts. May I ask what is the point of adjusting salvage one tweak at a time? If it's going to develop into something more, why does it take a full dev team 3 or 4 patches to get to what their goal was? For class tweaks, yeah... I understand the concept. But seriously, what good does having shared salvage do when I've already acquired more salvage then I could ever spend bringing every class to GS144?

Why are you guys testing for major changes when you haven't even fixed the day 1 issues that have come up? I'm not even bringing into account the turtle meta or the flicker. I'm talking about environmental deaths that should have been fixed the day after it was reported. I'm talking about the freeze screens that literally break your game....and you guys are testing laggy tournament modes?

How do I trust ANYTHING you guys say when the samauri buffs were simply swept under the table and forgotten? How do I trust ANYTHING you guys say when you make statements such as "we need more data" and "next week" and then completely ignore the issue at hand? Last week you said the Cent nerf to cure 4v4 was on the way this week.....then we get to the Warriors Den today and are told to wait till season 3.

None of this is meant as bashing you guys. I'm just asking questions. Are they a little pointed in nature? Sure, you could say that. But considering you haven't even listened to the people asking you nicely about these issues, I hope you can understand the blunt nature of my questions.

UbiNoty
06-30-2017, 12:31 AM
Thank you for responding @UbiNoty . And while I understand your not allowed to talk about too much, it's disheartening that you guys are implementing such minor fixes in multiple parts. May I ask what is the point of adjusting salvage tweak at a time? If it's going to develop into something more, why does it take a full dev team 3 or 4 patches to get to what their goal was? For class tweaks, yeah... I understand the concept. But seriously, what good does having shared salvage do when I've already acquired more salvage then I could ever spend bringing every class to GS144?

Why are you guys testing for major changes when you haven't even fixed the day 1 issues that have come up? I'm not even bringing into account the turtle meta or the flicker. I'm talking about environmental deaths that should have been fixed the day after it was reported. I'm talking about the freeze screens that literally break your game....and you guys are testing laggy tournament modes?

How do I trust ANYTHING you guys say when the samauri buffs were simply swept under the table and forgotten? How do I trust ANYTHING you guys say when you make statements such as "we need more data" and "next week" and then completely ignore the issue at hand? Last week you said the Cent nerf to cure 4v4 was on the way this week.....then we get to the Warriors Den today and are told to wait till season 3.

None of this is meant as bashing you guys. I'm just asking questions. Are they a little pointed in nature? Sure, you could say that. But considering you haven't even listened to the people asking you nicely about these issues, I hope you can understand the blunt nature of my questions.

I understand your frustrations and concerns and they are completely valid. Yes, of course I would love it as well if we had faster response and turnaround times, and while I don't have all that much insight into their process, I can understand that large teams can sometimes move slower. Divide and conquer can be a good way to streamline teams, but it always means you need time to communicate, time to verify, time to double check, time to discuss,re-assess, re-group, and then finally, unexpected things can always pop-up.

I get that it's frustrating, we wish we could do things faster too, but the reality of the situation is that things take time. And we're working as quickly as we can.

And I am listening to what you all have to say. I'm listening whether you all are asking nicely or not so nicely. And while I do try to push all your biggest concerns and issues as much as I can, ultimately it's up to the team to deliver. Many things you think we may have forgotten by the wayside but we definitely haven't - we just can't communicate on as much as we wish we could.

(like with the centurion CC stuff - I say one little thing and I end up with egg on my face...)

Linnix1
06-30-2017, 12:33 AM
I can't imagine the level of broken the season 3 characters have to be to put cent in his place they'll probably have 500 health and super shugoki armor along with kensei reach.

FrostedBeatle12
06-30-2017, 01:05 AM
And while I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to respond @UbiNoty , that still doesn't do anything or answer any questions that the community has been asking. And no matter what you say, game breaking issues usually take priority in other games and are solved rather quickly .... not looking for a complete revamp, just simple fixes that you guys should have already done.

Your the go between, you don't have much say in the final product that's released and I applaud your efforts to try and answer for these terrible terrible devs..... but unfortunately when your in these situations where your "boss" leaves you hanging, you get egg on your face from time to time. And unfortunately for you, Ubisoft has created a horrendously toxic enviroment that is just waiting to throw that egg directly in YOUR face....not only that, but then YOU get thrown under the bus when they finally release what they are going to do and it doesn't involve anything pertaining to what you mentioned.

At what point do YOU say enough and ask for more concrete answers so maybe you don't get egg on your face as often? And when can we look for a more concrete answer as to why these game breaking issues haven't been fixed before adding more and more content?

Mia.Nora
06-30-2017, 01:28 AM
And while I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to respond @UbiNoty , that still doesn't do anything or answer any questions that the community has been asking. And no matter what you say, game breaking issues usually take priority in other games and are solved rather quickly .... not looking for a complete revamp, just simple fixes that you guys should have already done.

Your the go between, you don't have much say in the final product that's released and I applaud your efforts to try and answer for these terrible terrible devs..... but unfortunately when your in these situations where your "boss" leaves you hanging, you get egg on your face from time to time. And unfortunately for you, Ubisoft has created a horrendously toxic enviroment that is just waiting to throw that egg directly in YOUR face....not only that, but then YOU get thrown under the bus when they finally release what they are going to do and it doesn't involve anything pertaining to what you mentioned.

At what point do YOU say enough and ask for more concrete answers so maybe you don't get egg on your face as often? And when can we look for a more concrete answer as to why these game breaking issues haven't been fixed before adding more and more content?

Never, because he is paid for that. Practically his job is to save face and calm community, however way possible.

SirCorrino
06-30-2017, 01:33 AM
Things can change in development and while it's unfortunate that the big cc changes won't come until later, I'm at least glad we were able to give you a pretty good ETA on when those changes are coming. Perhaps I spoke too soon and that is my mistake, but I did want to let you all know that we are actively engaging with your concerns (whether you believe it or not).

And this bug fix will be in 1.09 that will at least help a teeny bit with his charged heavy stacking.

Full 1.09 patch notes here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696317-Patch-notes-(v1-09))

The merging of the salvage is only the first part in a series of changes the team has planned. We haven't yet revealed what else we're going to be doing with salvage.

As for other things like the bugs and freezing, I know they've been plaguing players for a while and the team knows about it too. We're doing our best to get them fixed and we'll try to do it in as timely a fashion as we can.

I'm sorry, but that's just not good enough. You've already had 6 weeks since Cent released and this is all you have to show for it? Asking us to wait another 6 weeks before we might get some balance back to 4v4? No thanks. I'm done with this game. Maybe I'll come back when S4 comes out, but I doubt it. This is all too little, too late. S2 ruined the game and the dev team are way too slow to fix the hot steaming mess they made. It was fun while it lasted. Cya.

Ulrichvonbek111
06-30-2017, 02:38 AM

Why the **** does he have so much stamina? Why the **** does he drain so much stamina compared to other heroes? Why the **** do his attacks consume so little stamina? Why the **** does he have so many stuns? Why the **** are his heavy attacks faster than most heroes lights that he denies your feints? Why the **** does his uncharged punch wall bounce? Why the **** does he get so much damage of a light parry?

This single hero has completely destroyed this game for me. I simply can't take this **** anymore Ubisoft. Obviously this is acceptable huh?

I could write an essay on all the problems this game has, and the sheer incompetence of the developers but what's the point? You clearly don't play or understand the game you created, shown magnificently by your brain-dead Dev Testers.

I think this is the end of the road for me. I don't have the willpower, or patience left to put up with this abuse any longer. I may be a masochist, but even I have my limits. The community waits MONTHS for an update that consists of nothing but minor bug fixes. Meanwhile, issues that have been in the game since launch still have yet to be fixed. You introduce a Ranked/Tournament Mode without fixing the Defensive Meta first. Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea huh? I won't deny this game was fun, but that fun soon died after a month or so. I've stuck around until now because I spent good money on this game, and because I had a slight hope that the issues would eventually be addressed. You've had months to address the Defensive Meta but have done nothing. Jesus Christ Ubisoft! How ****ing hard is it to make Parries less rewarding, and to add meaningful Chip Damage? Sure, it might not fixed everything but it's a start. This is something you could have implemented months ago. And yet you've done nothing! Despite the occasional fun moments I've had with this game, I still regret buying it. If had known what I know now I would've never bought this game. How sad that the best thing to come out of this game is memes.

With that being said, I wish everyone here the best of luck in their future endeavours. This will probably be the last post you'll see from me on these forums. Thanks to the community for all your support. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

Farewell ;)

Indeed Centurion needs castrated rapidly before the Centurion gank squads ruin this game rendering it obsolete.
How can any sad bawbag derive any pleasure from being basically indestructible when part of a Centurion gank w and squad just spamming kicks and punches,,,they be a sad shower of f'cks... another month of this p.i.s.h before it's supposedly fixed then there'll be new OP p.i.s.h gankers with new characters. ..
Will the p.i.s.h ever stop

Arekonator
06-30-2017, 03:09 AM
The sad part is its really not hard to tweak cent 4v4 ability into more bearable levels.
But it seems that dev team is so afraid of overreacting and swinging the nerf hammer too hard, that we get not one, not two but TWELVE WEEKS before the issues are MAYBE adressed in some meaningfull way. I am sorry but this is totally unacceptable and in any other field you would went out of bussines faster than you could say "need more data".

UbiNoty, i understand you are in tough spot, but please, you need to explain to the devs that even sub-optimal attempts now are better than perfect one six more weeks down the line.
I cant stress this enough, they need to act NOW, 4 weeks ago was already too late.

Duuklah
06-30-2017, 05:19 AM

Roman sat there in the last Warriors Den and promised a LIVE UPDATE fix for the Centurion CC issue during 4v4. The Community Developers were in the forum day in and day out posting about how the live update would Fix the CC issue in 4v4..

While I appreciate the fix to Phalanx which was OP AF in 4v4 and is now balanced.

I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING LIED TO.. This paltry fix does NOTHING to prevent CC from being spammed by multiple Centurions.. Even more they need to address the ability off CC to cut through Revenge mode...

Im so sick of the state of things in this game. Its becoming more and more a place where exploiters and those who treasure imbalance come to gloat and torture the rest of us who are interested in fair play and good games.

Duuklah
06-30-2017, 05:21 AM

You seriously believe anything any of the Community Managers say after they LIED to us about the live update fixing Cent CC in 4v4? Roman is a liar. They are all liars!

Existentialmeme
06-30-2017, 05:26 AM
You seriously believe anything any of the Community Managers say after they LIED to us about the live update fixing Cent CC in 4v4? Roman is a liar. They are all liars!

Don't blame it on community Managers, they're only the messengers, It's the Developers' fault.
And yes I've stopped expecting anything from them, HUNDREDS of developers huh? it would be less humiliating if you didn't say that Roman. It just shows how incompetent your developers are, and how bad of a game director you are.
Even if they're divided up to address different tasks, you guys still cannot fix issues that has existed since Launch with those people assigned specifically to tackle bugs? wow....

Duuklah
06-30-2017, 05:36 AM
Don't blame it on community Managers, they're only the messengers, It's the Developers' fault.
And yes I've stopped expecting anything from them, HUNDREDS of developers huh? it would be less humiliating if you didn't say that Roman. It just shows how incompetent your developers are, and how bad of a game director you are.
Even if they're divided up to address different tasks, you guys still cannot fix issues that has existed since Launch with those people assigned specifically to tackle bugs? wow....

Yeah maybe its not fair to take it out on the Community Managers, but at a certain point they need to walk into the Devs office and slam their fists on the desk and say "HEY! You are turning me into a LIAR out there and making us all look foolish! Get on this.... NOW!"

This game has become all about how to troll your opponent the most. I had a Brawl round yesterday where I was held HOSTAGE because 2 players wanted to punish the other teams partner partner.. I couldnt leave for fear of the 10 min leaver penalty...

Then today i dueled a Cent who just ran over to the nearest ledge and wait for me to come at him... Bad enough hes playing a Cent, but thats absurd..

Then yesterday I had a PK run in circles at a cap point in dominion dodge rolling away unkillable all game. HE claimed it was a "legit strategy bro!". He ended with 2 kills and 1 death from where we finished the round.

The other day i dueled an Orochi that spammed a flicker zone.. Called it legit strategy again..

People say SALT WAYYY too often for my liking. If Im calling you on your ******** you should apologize and play like an adult. not Call Salt..

So ubisoft has created a heaven for exploiters and those who prize imbalance.. The Scum of the earth collect here in FH imo.

Existentialmeme
06-30-2017, 05:53 AM
Would you ever go up to your boss and say something along those lines?

Except the Orochi flicker abuse, the rest is Legit strategy. You might not like how they play (TBH I don't even like how they play) but it's a way. You can also just stand your ground and wait for them to get annoyed and come at you. Don't enforce your own play-style preference onto others.

The community in For Honor is a toxic community, it's toxic due to the game's problems and the lack of fixes. There's no way around that, the best you can do is deal with it and try not to produce even more toxic.

Charmzzz
06-30-2017, 08:36 AM
Put the game aside for ~3 weeks (after 2 weeks of Cent and Shinobi only Matches...), came back, ran into constant disconnections / errors and full-premade teams consisting of only Cents.
Alot of fun being chain-cc'ed! Pop Revenge, oh wait, cc-chain continues!

I cannot believe they did not do anything about this. The new patch notes are, well, a small fix in the right direction -> Revenge Meter get's filled more by UB/UP skills, Pin is not stackable. But still, this does not fix the issue of popping Revenge and still getting chain-cc'ed by 2 Cents.

Give Revenge CC immunity or at least CC reduction and "stability" (unable to being knocked down). Would be my "fast" fix for this bullsht of CC spamming.

Netcode_err_404
06-30-2017, 11:29 AM
Put the game aside for ~3 weeks (after 2 weeks of Cent and Shinobi only Matches...), came back, ran into constant disconnections / errors and full-premade teams consisting of only Cents.
Alot of fun being chain-cc'ed! Pop Revenge, oh wait, cc-chain continues!

I cannot believe they did not do anything about this. The new patch notes are, well, a small fix in the right direction -> Revenge Meter get's filled more by UB/UP skills, Pin is not stackable. But still, this does not fix the issue of popping Revenge and still getting chain-cc'ed by 2 Cents.

Give Revenge CC immunity or at least CC reduction and "stability" (unable to being knocked down). Would be my "fast" fix for this bullsht of CC spamming.

That was the ubisoft way to twll you "welcome back to for erro...honor" :trollface:

vgrimr_J
06-30-2017, 12:04 PM

sadly there was only 1 nerf in full patchnotes for centurion. gg that broken cc machine is still free to ruin games in 4v4s

i was expecting less stamina drain from his abilitys and smaller stamina pool but romans little baby cant take those hits apparently

Nostromo16
06-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Yep Ubisoft your new heroes brought disbalance in this game...... its very sad you gays realize characters who can smash all other ni 10 sec without any problems))) for me its still ok I can deal with them but..... what about new people who just bay game..................... they die all matches and throw this project)))) you killing your own game its so funny)

Tyrjo
06-30-2017, 03:30 PM

This is exactly the reason they are so tight lipped about upcoming changes that still are work in progress. If they are not delivered on time or exactly how initially told, the devs are "liars". :)

FrostedBeatle12
06-30-2017, 04:12 PM
While I believe his statement may be a little extreme, I do feel like we have been "lied" to on several occasions as the devs continue to push out more content that drags the game further down down into the rabbit hole. @tyrjo

Why is it bad to hold a company to its word? I've seen them bald face lie to people directly over their Warrior's Den. I've seen them answer questions that a 5 year old asked, while leaving the major questions out in the cold with no response or acknowledgement. Actions like these SHOULD be unacceptable. Where are the samurai buffs that were talked about as "coming very soon" that have just been forgotten? Where is the stability they said they would have when they decided they would go with the p2p model? These are just a few instances where they have made themselves liars.

I get that people find the antics of the Warriors den to be humorous. Not really my cup of humor, the whole snide while we don't really do anything, is more childish to me then funny. If this were a middle school group project, I could understand their "Hahas" and "hehes" towards people's questions. But to have a AAA company throw gangsta shades on while blantantly ignoring the cancers that plague this game, shows me that there really is no hope for this game.

If everything is a joke, then the whole game/studio is laughable. From the connection issues to the matchmaking, from the bugs to the "unintended techs" it's all just one big joke. They really need to step back and look at the whole situation. Are there some salty people in this world? Of course, and there's a good portion here. But not EVERYONE who brings up this games faults is just salty because they lost.

There are plenty of people on this forum that have given their time/effort/money and even sanity to this game, that only bring up the negatives in hopes that they'll bring the game back to something that's at least playable. And what do they get? None of their questions answered, and some snide attitude to go along with it.

This should be UNACCEPTBALE. At no point have they hit a timeline that THEY set. Look, if your late to an appointment once in a blue moon, no biggie. Show up late on several occasions to said appointment and I'll garuntee you won't be making another one, and not because you don't want to restrict yourself, but because the person on the other end of the appointment is ready to kill you for wasting their time on more then 1 occasion.

You also have to remember, people paid money and some even bought steel packs for a game that was advertised as a full game, but was really a closed beta test that people have paid for. Say what you want, environmental deaths and freeze screens get handled before coming out of beta, and until they fix these issues, it will forever be an open beta game that people have had to pay premium price for.

So yeah, we've been lied to. Yeah, the community is a little salty because of it. That doesn't really mean Ubi or the DEV team get to use that as an excuse to not set dates and then not meet the deadlines that they themselves set. I mean hell, we were told yesterday that "a full dev team is fully committed to this game" ..... which again, is either a lie or they are paying children to code because the amount of time that it's taking them to fix the core issues of the game, is unheard of. 6 months down the road and people are still dropping 8/10 games on a solid internet connection and the 2 games they do complete have a chance at freezing at the end. That's a closed beta game, that's not even open to the public for test purposes yet in most cases.

FrostedBeatle12
06-30-2017, 08:43 PM
I would love to hear what FredEx has to say on some of these things.

JibletHunter
07-01-2017, 01:36 AM
Holy ****.

Constructive . . . Not gonna point out that it can only do 75 damage?

BTW, did you eve post that PK video and compare the distance to the videos i posted?