PDA

View Full Version : Time to put the blame where it BELONGS

xRocketfishx
06-28-2017, 08:39 PM
First off, by no means am I saying that there aren't real issues in the game that Ubisoft isn't directly responsible for like connection issues being one of the biggest but let's talk real.

It's time to put the blame where it belongs when it comes to the majority of the issues posted on this forum time after time. Most of you aren't going like it but the truth hurts.

If it wasn't for all the "scabs" that only play a game for one purpose and that's to look for exploits, glitches, bugs, etc...anything that wasn't INTENDED by the developer and they spend all there time looking for the "easy" way to progress and give the overall impression on how good they are. Then they start to spread their cancer through out the community making constant work for the developers because they refuse to play the game the way it was intended. There would have been almost no issues outside of connectivity and that probably would have been fixed by now if it wasn't for what I stated.

This is why none of these "scabs" would ever consider playing an organized sport and need to sit behind a monitor trying to find every exploit they can.

Now with season 3 nearing are we going to keep allowing this or are we going start putting the blame where it belongs. The people that take the time to learn the game the way it was intended to be played and take the time to learn new warriors are the players we need not the "scabs"

Gray360UK
06-28-2017, 08:58 PM
I think you're way out with your assessment of where the blame lies, and I mean you were aiming for the Moon but you landed on Pluto way out.

You're pointing the blame at a small % of the playerbase. Yes the people you describe exist. They exist and always have existed in every single game ever made. Trying to suggest that For Honor has problems that other games don't have because of them doesn't make sense to me. There is more to the For Honor story than suggesting that For Honor has a playerbase consisting entirely of scumbags.

XxHunterHxX
06-28-2017, 09:12 PM
i smell a fan boy....

tbtsrjc
06-28-2017, 09:26 PM
The connection issues exist due to Ubisoft's P2P design, it's the oldest issue that's been around since Alpha testing.

Balancing amongst the classes is due to the inconsistency of class design. Example: look at the moveset for Cent/Shinobi and compare them to the old heros and see the difference. It truly feels like Cent/Shinobi belong to a different game.

Yes, you're right about the scabs using and abusing exploits, however due to the classes' movesets and the game's mechanics, which were created by Ubisoft, I blame them for there being exploits in the first place.

Another factor that contributes to this game's state is the lack of testing for patches. It feels like they release a patch every two months that's supposed to fix something but instead does little to nothing, and instead creates more issues on top of old ones.

You blame toxic players for the game's state, but the truth is they're not smart enough to program a game (most of us aren't). Ubisoft has the programmers and even they are unable to fix problems that this game has. As much as I dislike scabs, I can't bring myself to give them too much credit for the game's flaws. All that credit goes to the company that released a game that was still desperately in need of work. Blame the company that sold you an unfinished game.

MadCYclops
06-28-2017, 10:13 PM
And who do we blame for your stupidity?:confused:

LongNightVoyage
06-28-2017, 11:12 PM
Regarding what you've said I'd blame centurion players :P
They're basically nothing but players exploiting imbalance. Furthermore they can - like everybody - also be players exploiting glitches and bugs.
So, yeah, ty for that, cents.

He's almost at a point where he's balanced. But of course cent players are already screaming out loud.
Well, you better start learning how to feint like every normal character instead of crying.

What I'm basically trying to say is that meta abuse has always been a huge problem too. But in season 1 the abused hero changed at least so that people didnt have the armor to play him/her properly.

UbiNoty
06-28-2017, 11:34 PM
Centurion changes coming tomorrow. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1695826-MAINTENANCE-ALL-PLATFORMS-Live-Update-v1-08-02) - Sorry we couldn't give these to you all sooner.

And as for exploits, yes they will admittedly always exist - with every new feature we introduce, there's a chance for it to be exploited. Players will always find to play that weren't always initially what we intended (it's part of the innovation process and what makes PvP games so interesting).

But when an exploit is unfair or breaks the integrity of the game itself, then it's on us to fix it. I wouldn't be so harsh as to call them "scabs", but they do play an important role because they point out the weaknesses and flaws in our system. We need to have these brought to light so they can be fixed, otherwise we'd never even be aware they existed.

So keep reporting (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) the exploits to us, and we'll take care of it!