PDA

View Full Version : Cent light- unlock gb - heavy

ShonM93
06-28-2017, 06:12 PM
It's still a thing. Why? Is it intended? If it is, could you f*ckin' not? If it's not, would you kindly fix it? Thanks for the answer in advance,

That_guy44
06-28-2017, 06:53 PM
I think I've seen this happen to me last night. Do you have a video showing what it is?

A4einboy
06-28-2017, 07:17 PM
stop complaining roman said in the last warrior den that it was intended....can you guys give cent a break hes bad at 1v1 already and the devs know that.. there not going to nerf him because hes good in 4v4. cent is a great way to stop with all the turtling and they did a great job with him and yes i main cent and i do lose alot in duels but guess what i dont care because i have fun using him .

MasterChiefPON
06-28-2017, 07:35 PM
stop complaining roman said in the last warrior den that it was intended....can you guys give cent a break hes bad at 1v1 already and the devs know that.. there not going to nerf him because hes good in 4v4. cent is a great way to stop with all the turtling and they did a great job with him and yes i main cent and i do lose alot in duels but guess what i dont care because i have fun using him .

He said that unlock attacks or "unlock tech" is intended and I agree with it, I think it adds more options in terms of combat but Roman said that that unlock tech showing the gb indicator when the Cent is unlocking and whiffing the gb is not intended and I think it's not fair to be punished for reacting to the gb indicator because that's not an intended mechanic. I think he said that it may need patching.

JibletHunter
06-28-2017, 07:38 PM

I was unaware that the unlock GB into charged heavy was addressed in the stream. I don't believe this is a nerf thread. It is simply pointing out an exploit that gives false indicators to the opponent.

In other words, it could still be possible, UBI should just remove the GB indicator, since no GB is connecting. Your HUD should be accurately reflecting the flow of combat and should not mislead a player. This is distinct from feints where the HUD actively reflects the change in the attack (the cancellation).

For those looking for a video of the exploit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0jFImHoVEg

TL;DR: It is not the fact that this is an unlock technique that makes this exploit toxic. Many characters purposely whiff unlocked attacks. It is the fact that it gives a false GB indicator that is punished on reaction.

ShonM93
06-28-2017, 07:44 PM
He said that unlock attacks or "unlock tech" is intended and I agree with it, I think it adds more options in terms of combat but Roman said that that unlock tech showing the gb indicator when the Cent is unlocking and whiffing the gb is not intended and I think it's not fair to be punished for reacting to the gb indicator because that's not an intended mechanic. I think he said that it may need patching.

Now that's what i'm talking about! Hope they do something about it quickly, it's not better than a GB feint ('cause basicly it's a GB feint).

It's fun to use it, yeah. It's fun to paly against? Hell no. And if you lose so much duels: learn to parry, remember, one light parry = 90 dmg from Cent. And don't get me wrong, i don't have too much problems with cent except the infinite wall combo and this unlock gb away for basicly uncounterable heavy. If any other chars would have the same problem i would speak up against them too, it's not about Cent really, it's about mechanics which workes poorly. Nothin' more, nothin' less.

JibletHunter
06-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Now that's what i'm talking about! Hope they do something about it quickly, it's not better than a GB feint ('cause basicly it's a GB feint).

It's fun to use it, yeah. It's fun to paly against? Hell no. And if you lose so much duels: learn to parry, remember, one light parry = 90 dmg from Cent. And don't get me wrong, i don't have too much problems with cent except the infinite wall combo and this unlock gb away for basicly uncounterable heavy. If any other chars would have the same problem i would speak up against them too, it's not about Cent really, it's about mechanics which workes poorly. Nothin' more, nothin' less.

Just a note, Cent no longer has a infinite wall combo- the punches have a narrow dodge window and GBs can be CGB'd. That being said, his punishes are certainly very powerful.

However, the exploit has nothing to do with cent's general power level, and should not be considered for balance. It should simply be removed.

Knight_Raime
06-28-2017, 09:38 PM
If you're referring to where they unlock to whiff the quick throw and get a heavy in that is indeed an unlock exploit. they are aware of it and it's going to be fixed in the next patch we get.

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-28-2017, 10:32 PM

WTF? Give Cent a break? LOL?

tell you what we'll stop complaining when Ubi nerf this never ending Stun, Stamina drain, knockdown Pin revenge ignoring BS cancer that is the Centurion, You guys and your BS character have ruined the "fun" for everyone else but hey we should just suck it up according to you cos your having fun? may god have mercy on Centurions cos you wont find any in the FH community from non Centurion players,

MasterChiefPON
06-28-2017, 11:56 PM
OP, good news for you! Cent's unlock gb tech is getting patched tomorrow!

UbiNoty
06-29-2017, 12:01 AM
- [Bug Fix] Heavy Attack is no longer guaranteed after a left Throw.

Developer comments: Centurion’s left Throw was cancellable sooner into Heavy Attack than other directional Throws. This was an unintended bug causing Heavy Attack to be guaranteed out of left Throw only.

- [Bug Fix] Removed the ability to Quick Throw out of Guard Mode.

Developer comments: By unlocking during the Quick Throw startup, it was very easy to confuse the opponent into a Counter Guard Break and then punish with a Heavy Attack. This unlock tech wasn’t intended so we’ve removed it.

Hopefully these changes address most of the unlock tech concerns you may be having - full patch notes here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1695826-MAINTENANCE-ALL-PLATFORMS-Live-Update-v1-08-02).

If you think we've left anything out - let us know! so we can use that feedback for future updates.