PDA

View Full Version : So what more of AC Origins will be shown?

Samurai587
06-27-2017, 11:20 PM
Just asking but from the major game events as of this year, we had E3, we have the following:

Gamescom
Rezzed
Comic con

I can't find the thread which had this, but what more of AC Origins we will get to see say in:

July
August
September?

LoyalACFan
06-28-2017, 04:20 PM
It's hard to say, really. They're taking a totally different tack to their marketing this year. I think they already put out like four or five times as much gameplay footage at E3 than they usually release in the entire marketing campaign. So, really, I don't know what else to expect at this point. I do think we'll probably get a CGI cinematic trailer closer to launch though.

Sushiglutton
06-28-2017, 04:47 PM
From what I understand gaming marketing works as follows. After reveal you want a constant buzz around your game. You want media to keep writing articles. The currency for this extra coverage is called "new info". So publishers chop up all the info they want to tell about the game leading up to release into pieces and then drip-feed the media throughout the campaign. The other important factor is that there's very little (business) reason to keep any cool things secret. You want people to see the cool stuff you have created so they get excited for the game. Add these things together and I think they will show pretty much everything gameplay/location wise in the coming months (part of this strategy is also to constantly say "and this is just a tiny fraction of what you can do in the game" lol).

Story and modern day in particular will be kept secret.

We will get articles like: "Exclusive look at the new naval combat in Assassin's Creed", "Origin intoduces elephants to AC for the first time", "I spent an hour in Alexandria, this is what city gameplay in Origin will be like". Marty Sliva will write his annual: "This is why I'm excited for the new Assassin's Creed"-piece for IGN. Gamespot will do their: "This is how Ubisoft tries to fix Assassin's Creed". And on and on.

If you want to ruin everything you will get the chance :).

pirate1802
06-28-2017, 06:38 PM
We will get articles like: "Exclusive look at the new naval combat in Assassin's Creed", "Origin intoduces elephants to AC for the first time", "I spent an hour in Alexandria, this is what city gameplay in Origin will be like". Marty Sliva will write his annual: "This is why I'm excited for the new Assassin's Creed"-piece for IGN. Gamespot will do their: "This is how Ubisoft tries to fix Assassin's Creed". And on and on.

If you want to ruin everything you will get the chance :).

Lol spot on.

Sushiglutton
10-12-2017, 06:48 PM

Well, oh well it seems like I can predict the future :cool:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/11/assassins-creed-origins-has-the-potential-to-be-my-next-video-game-addiciton

It's like they say: "You can't spell "integrity" without I-G-N"

AnthonyA85
10-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Well, we're only 2 weeks from release now, so hopefully they won't reveal anything else until release day.