PDA

View Full Version : AC4 challenges?

ScoutingJ
06-27-2017, 08:42 PM
so ac4 used to have communtiy callanges where you could unlock a bunch of items. however they no longer do challenges and i'm begining to wonder if the events went too. so my question is two-fold

1:can the challenge only items be made into free content/dlc?
2:are the events like the white whales still running?

Thanks

strigoi1958
06-28-2017, 01:48 PM
This question gets asked a few times every year and the answer is... nobody knows.
1:can the challenge only items be made into free content/dlc?
2:are the events like the white whales still running?

The community challenges were a free limited time only bonus for players at that time. So the events no longer happen.
The rewards have no effect in game except change looks of the ship and player so they are of no benefit.

Although I would say it would not bother those of us who competed and earned the items if they were given away to people who did not qualify for them... I wouldn't be surprised if the forum and reddit and youtube were flooded with hate posts and complaints of... "What's the point in making me work for a reward Ubi when you just give the prizes away to people who don't deserve them". The internet is full of haters just looking for any opportunity to spread misery.

I have suggested that when the events ended, the rewards should have been removed from the game...... although (judging by how many games are sold and by how very very few requests like this appear) it might be a lot of work just to stop a tiny number of people asking. But that would only be useful if someone said the events will NEVER return and the items will NEVER be released. As that has not been said, nobody really knows.

It is possible that someone might decide to re-instate the events... especially if AC4 gets remastered for a new console, like Ezio games. Or someone high up decides to release all items from all games that are locked as DLC that can be purchased (or free).

So, again, nobody knows. Sorry it is not an answer with a happy outcome.

ScoutingJ
06-28-2017, 06:17 PM
so that's a no for the challenges and a maybe for the events? Also are the challenges and the events needed for 100%?

strigoi1958
06-28-2017, 07:28 PM
I do not believe they are needed for 100% as they were an extra.

But that does remind me that I have seen 100% and achievements in some steam games hidden in DLC, I really do not like that as it is just a way to get players to buy the DLC in order to get the achievements. I'd rather games had a 100% completion and achievements, all separate for single player, multiplayer and DLC so people can get the 100% satisfaction without having to buy or play something they do not want to play.

WendysBrioche
06-30-2017, 06:06 PM
Ya, I wish they'd unlock them for everyone.

The community challanges should've only served as a kind of ?get these items before anyone else can" kind of thing.