PDA

View Full Version : Little Details You've Found

jdowny
06-26-2017, 02:35 PM
The extra year of production has definitely allowed the team to go into far more detail than they could in previous ACs, so I thought this would be a good place to mention any neat little details you've spotted in playthroughs.

Feel free to add.

1) Senu will perch on Bayek's arm when he's stationary
2) You shake your hands when exiting from water
3) You brush the foliage when walking through wheat fields or cotton plantations
4) You limp for a few seconds after taking damage while falling
5) Fishermen will come to your aid if you're swimming in water
6) You can borrow fishermen's feluccas rather than simply stealing them, or else sit on them while they pilot
7) Your mount can follow the road
8) You can fast forward time
9) There also seem to be meditation spots dotted throughout the map as seen in various playthroughs, marked by a red cloth. Anyone got more details on this?
10) The world is filled with little details that Bayek will comment on, such as traditional Greek-Egyptian funerary offerings.
11) Every part of the player will interact with the environment without clipping, such as the spear brushing the cloth in the E3 demo
12) Feluccas react to the weight of Bayek stepping on it, making ripples in the water
13) In the desert, vultures will feed on the carcasses of the enemies you kill
14) NPCs have their own day-night routines
15) Everything can be set on fire, including weapons, which deals more damage
16) Weather events such as sandstorms are included
17) Period punishments such as a variety of crucifixion
18) Heat shimmers from fires and in desert
19) Falucca sails will become translucent when being piloted
20) If the player is trying to shoot down birds, Senu will automatically aid by attacking them from the air.
21) Animal tracks in the sand.

AnimusLover
06-26-2017, 04:37 PM
The extra year of production has definitely allowed the team to go into far more detail than they could in previous ACs, so I thought this would be a good place to mention any neat little details you've spotted in playthroughs.

Feel free to add.

5) Fishermen will come to your aid if you're swimming in water
16) Weather events such as sandstorms are included

I suspect/hope number 16 will be useful for stealth a la The Phantom Pain and isn't just pretty window dressing.
As for number 5, I'm confused. Do you mind elaborating a bit?

JakeyChappers
06-26-2017, 04:57 PM
The way the wildlife reacts to each other and other humans is amazing.

I saw a game play video where a civilian was washing his clothes on a rock not far from the water. A Crocodile came out of the water, walked round to the lowest part of the rock so it could walk up and it then attacked the man and dragged him into the water. Completely random and un-scripted during a Youtubers game play session.

I've seen many examples of this and I love it when the wildlife reacts randomly to everyone rather than just you as the player.

jdowny
06-26-2017, 05:06 PM
I suspect/hope number 16 will be useful for stealth a la The Phantom Pain and isn't just pretty window dressing.
As for number 5, I'm confused. Do you mind elaborating a bit?

If you're swimming in the water and a felucca happens to pass by, it will stop and allow you to hop on.

I saw a game play video where a civilian was washing his clothes on a rock not far from the water. A Crocodile came out of the water, walked round to the lowest part of the rock so it could walk up and it then attacked the man and dragged him into the water. Completely random and un-scripted during a Youtubers game play session.

I love it when that sort of thing happens. You get the feeling there's a living, breathing world that exists when you're not there. I got the same feeling when playing the STALKER series - AI Life was insanely good.

As much as I love previous AC games like Unity, the NPCs felt like actors in the Truman Show, each with their own set routine. Sure, at first glance everything looks natural but you see the exact same people in the exact same place every time you play. And if you bump into NPCs with props like brooms, they drop them, forget what they were doing and walk away. Origins seems to be changing this (hopefully).

strigoi1958
06-26-2017, 06:04 PM
There have always been some great details in AC games and I'm looking forward to those in Origins.

I always think the sound dept sometimes gets unintentionally overlooked and they do a great job.

cawatrooper9
06-26-2017, 09:58 PM
I loved the Syndicate version of this thread, looking forward to many cool revelations!

6) You can borrow fishermen's feluccas rather than simply stealing them, or else sit on them while they pilot

Just to add to this- jumping onto a civillian's watercraft no longer causes them to fall off and drown. In fact, the context button when deciding to pilot a felucca is labled "borrow", emphasizing Bayek's intent to hand the boat back to the fisherman with both the craft and the man intact. Nice touch, since it always felt so out of place when Assassins would mercilessly push innocents into the water with no issue when jumping on boats.

SixKeys
06-27-2017, 07:04 PM

I've seen many examples of this and I love it when the wildlife reacts randomly to everyone rather than just you as the player.

I wonder if we're quick enough will we be able to save people from animal attacks?

jdowny
07-06-2017, 02:43 PM
A couple more:

20) If the player is trying to shoot down birds, Senu will automatically aid by attacking them from the air. This is probably just useful for collecting animal resources, but I've noticed the vultures have levels which either relates to Senu's ability to attack them or else that they can attack the player.

21) Animal tracks in the sand. In some of the desert sections I've seen, you can see footprints from various animals in the sand. I'm not sure if this is fixed/permanent or whether they were generated organically by the animals themselves, since we know horses leave tracks. It would be so cool if it was the latter and you could actually track animals or bandits by following their tracks.