PDA

View Full Version : ACES: SP Campaign Question

PzKpfw
03-08-2004, 03:09 PM
I decided to try the Ta 152H-1 out, so I made a pilot & tried to start a German Camp, problem is The Ta 152H is not available in any of the AG fighter campaigns not even Berlin, nor did I see the He 162, or Me 163.

Am I just not selecting the right camps? or are threse planes not available at all in the SP campaigns?.

Regards, John Waters

---------
Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

------
"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. Febuary 1945.

PzKpfw
03-08-2004, 03:09 PM
I decided to try the Ta 152H-1 out, so I made a pilot & tried to start a German Camp, problem is The Ta 152H is not available in any of the AG fighter campaigns not even Berlin, nor did I see the He 162, or Me 163.

Am I just not selecting the right camps? or are threse planes not available at all in the SP campaigns?.

Regards, John Waters

---------
Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

------
"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

PzKpfw
03-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Gah I thought maybe it was just me, not seeing something. Apperently we cant use the Ta, He, or 163 in SP?. I thought at least the new German planes would have been added to the Berlin campaign.

If this is the case I hope it's adressed I play SP camps only and bought Aces to use the new AC that way. It appears ACE was designed for the MP crowd in terms of additional planes, which is a shame if so.

Apperently we cant have SP camps with US planes either? Ie, P-38, P-51, or P-80 less we use a 3rd party program?.

Anybody got any hints?.

Regards, John Waters

---------

------

thegoose001
03-09-2004, 12:58 AM
edit the planesXXX.dat file for the aircraft you want

http://www.milartgl.com/m_chernev/DSC00153.jpg
TheGoose
thegoose001@hotmail.com

wideblade
03-09-2004, 06:09 AM
Im afraid its not a good answer but perhaps it could help;yu have the cdg campaign generator??its a great program,perhaps it could solve any of yur campaign desires.
If its true pity IL2/FB team havent developed mre campaigns... i enjoy them.

PzKpfw
03-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Thx, Goose & wideblade for your replies. I dont know how to edit the files. I DL'd CDG and am trying to get it to work.

But IMHO I should NOT have to DL a 3rd party program to play a SP Camp with any new plane in ACE, the Dev should have already made the neccessary adjustments to the code to do this before ACE was released.

Their was a poll that showed quite cleary that IL-2 was played by many more ppl off line, then OL, yet with the lack of intergration of the new plane set, into the campaign code it appears this add on, was made to cater to the minority audience.

Regards, John Waters

---------

------

SeaFireLIV
03-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Hmmm... I don`t have AEP yet, but this don`t sound good. Is the I16 with the TB3 flyable in camapaign and is the Gloucester also?

I`m getting a strange feeling Oleg`s gone and concentrated on online with all these planes, but may have neglected offline playability...

I hope not.

SeaFireLIV...

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/storm.jpg
Soon... Very soon....

Capt._Tenneal
03-09-2004, 09:15 AM
But even if you edit the plane list for a campaign, isn't it the case that the campaign has to have been programmed to recognize the plane first ? I forgot what the other file is called, but say you edit the Berlin plane .dat to include the TA, Komet, etc. but DGen does not recognize these as valid choices for Berlin, you'll get an error message. Can anyone clarify this ?

Oh, SeaFire, I just got my copy when I got home and checked the mailbox yesterday, so I didn't have time to begin a campaign, but from looking at the plane lists in addition to the new offline campaigns included with AEP, they added some (not all) AEP planes in the older campaigns. The Gladiator shows up in the Finnish campaign, and the Spit MkV shows up as a choice in the VVS Kuban '43 campaign. The P-63 shows up in some VVS campaigns also.

GregSM
03-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi,

Starshoy included a special campaign for the Ta 152. It's the final entry in the German Campaign pull-down screen - test that scroll function!

As well, this and any other plane can easily be added to any existing campaign. For example, to add the Ta 152 to the Balaton campaign: via a text editing program like Notepad, open the file "PlanesDeF.dat" (meaning "player-planes for German Fighters Center campaigns") located in the "IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles/Dgen" folder. Under the "[Balaton]" heading, insert "TA_152H1".

Creating a new campaign involves one additional step. For instance, there isn't a Prokhorovka campaign for Russian fighters. To create one, in the "IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles/Dgen" folder, open the "campaignsRuF.dat" (meaning "campaigns for VVS fighters") file and insert the text, "Prokhorovka Prokhorovka". Next, in the same folder open the "PlanesRuF".dat (meaning "player-planes for VVS fighter campaigns") file and insert the following:

[Prokhorovka]
YAK_9D
YAK_9
LAGG_3SERIES66
LA_5
LA_5F
LA_5FN
YAK_7B
YAK_1B
P_39N
P_40M
SPITFIRE5B

This selection of planes is an arbitrary example that can be tailored to taste, provided the correct nomenclature is used.

Moreover, campaigns can be modified well beyond what I've illustrated, and well beyond what's formally documented. For example, skill level distribution can be tuned with far greater precision than by simply appending the various global commands to the config file, while sizes and composition of both player and AI flights can be as precisely tuned. However, it's a lot more work to effect this type of specialization.

Cheers,

Greg

Capt._Tenneal
03-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks, GregSM. BTW, does the global DGen commands that you add to the config.ini that came with ver 1.0 and 1.1 still apply to ver 2.0 ? I have a modest rig and I use the low settings for AirDensity and GroundDensity.

GregSM
03-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi Capt,

I've not tested, but I think the global commands I use are still functioning.

Cheers,

Greg

Oleg_Maddox
03-09-2004, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PzKpfw:
I decided to try the Ta 152H-1 out, so I made a pilot & tried to start a German Camp, problem is The Ta 152H is _not_ available in any of the AG fighter campaigns not even Berlin, nor did I see the He 162, or Me 163.

Regards, John Waters

---------

------

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. Febuary 1945.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, but Ta campaign is present there. I think you need to list campaings down in window that to look for this one.
In other case you need to check your installation.

PzKpfw
03-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Yup my bad Oleg et all, I assumed it was in the Fighter campaign section under Berlin. Thx all for poiinting out it was in the original menu.

I still havent found an He 162, Me 163 camp, or any of the US fighters. Are their plans to tie these into the generator?. Or can someone put up examples on how to add He 162, Me 163 P-51B/C/D, P-80 etc campaigns.

As I said i dont fly OL & with work i only get to fly on my days off.

Regards, John Waters

---------

------

Capt._Tenneal
03-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know the IDs for the new aircraft in order so we can add them into existing campaigns planes.dat file ? Post a list please. Thanks.

GregSM
03-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Hi Capt,

New flyables:

P_38J
P_38L
P_51B
P_51C
P_51D20NA
P_63C
SPITFIRE5B
SPITFIRE5BCLP
SPITFIRE5BLF
SPITFIRE5BLFCLP
TB_3_4M_34R_SPB
P_80A
A6M2
BF_109Z
BF_110G2
TA_152H1
FW_190A8MSTL
CR_42
G50
GO_229A1
HE_162A2
IAR_80
IAR_81A
GLADIATOR1J8A
JU_87D5
JU_88MSTL
KI_84_IB
KI_84_IC
ME_163B1A
ME_262A1AU4

The correct nomenclature for any object in the game can be established quickly by saving a simple mission file containing the given object.

Cheers.

Hi John,

To add a campaign, for example, for the Go 229 at the end of the war in Berlin, open the file in the DGen folder "planesDeC.dat" and add to the list "GO_229A1".

The "planesDeC.dat" file defines which planes are available for the player to choose to fly for German Fighter Center campaigns. Similarly, "planesDeN.dat" denotes "German North", that is, Leningrad campaigns, and etc.

Cheers,

Greg

Edit: the Gotha is a poor example, as for some reason it doesn't work.

[This message was edited by GregSM on Tue March 09 2004 at 03:13 PM.]