PDA

View Full Version : Will the bad guys be able to swim?

Canadian Beer42
06-24-2017, 07:35 PM
I was just watching some FC3 funny moments and I see a lot of the clips are of the bad guys driving into the water and then getting out and drowning immediately. It would be cool if the bad guys could actually swim, meaning water is not always the best hiding place, but still plays a role in stealth. Of course you don't have guards in the water just swimming. But instead if you were to alert some enemies and you jumped in water, then the bad guys could actually chase you in the water. However some enemies can't swim like the heavy and maybe some enemies will drown randomly (uncommon though, cuz I still like the feature where they drown cuz it's funny af)

This could add some fun in leading a bad guy into a crocodile or some other dangerous aquatic animal (hopefully sharks make a return, maybe some freshwater sharks in Montana? Doesn't have to be too realistic)

HorTyS
06-24-2017, 07:46 PM
Crocs & sharks I can't see being in the game, that would require a suspension of disbelief I don't think even I am capable of and I'm totally fine with running through the forest carrying 10 grenades, 500 rounds, 30 arrows, mines, a bunch of throwing knives and 4 weapons all stuffed into the various skins and pelts of a dozen creatures I've killed and skinned... but it would be cool if enemies could swim, it'd remove one of the sure-fire escape methods and add that much more strategy when making choices.

scrapser
06-25-2017, 05:29 AM
Instant drowning occurs in Far Cry 2 as well. I've even seen them chase me into the river on foot and sometimes go too far and end up drowning. There are also places where the enemy never drives across bridges. They either drive into the river or pull over, get out and start shooting.

Fallen-Champ
06-25-2017, 02:09 PM
There are some instances when A.I. have swam in Far Cry 4 on user created maps, this is rare with the swimming but it does happen.
It would depend on the NavMesh so providing they can get into the water and get out the other side (so the NavMesh isn't broken) then if the right situation happens they could give chase and even swim through water.

I am not talking huge areas of ocean like water but water deep enough and wide enough to drive vehicles in, I think so long as the calculations show land water land with no break in that NavMesh, unsure if it has to be the real water or if it also works with water layers I would have to do some checking / testing but yes they can swim A.I.

Steve64b
06-25-2017, 06:55 PM
https://youtu.be/joaUN1xIJrY

Canadian Beer42
06-26-2017, 01:09 AM
https://youtu.be/joaUN1xIJrY

Wtf, I have never seen them swim before. Should be slowed down though.

HorTyS
06-27-2017, 05:39 AM
Wtf, I have never seen them swim before. Should be slowed down though.

Sheesh you want everything slowed down huh? haha

akilyoung
06-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Maybe because the speed looks fake?

But I am guessing they swim that fast, cause its the same speed the player does, but you cant tell how fake it is from the FP view.