PDA

View Full Version : Juno Events - What Could They Be? (Speculation / Spoilers)

Sorrosyss
06-18-2017, 08:08 PM
Note: Some spoilers for previous games, Uprising comics, and obviously Origins follows.

http://i.imgur.com/qg7VhPi.jpg

Its been pretty widely reported that upon the map of Origins is a mission type described as "Juno Events". But what exactly could these be? Lets look at some scenarios.

1. Its Modern Day Content
http://i.imgur.com/Swh7dWa.png

This seems a very strong possibility. After all, Juno's focus is very much within the Modern Day currently. Could this literally be where we exit the map, and partake in a mission in the real world?

We know that other playable characters are confirmed, just not who they are. We could end up playing as Charlotte, Galina, Desmond's son... perhaps even William Miles? It may well be that we cannot exit the Animus, and perhaps see things via camera feeds - but having Modern Day missions with actual gameplay mechanics rather than standing around talking is an exciting prospect, especially when you consider that the free aiming bow would translate perfectly to the Modern Day firearms...

2. Its a Portal To the Isu Era
http://i.imgur.com/JXqLn39.png

Its something many fans have wanted to see, but what if it literally will drop you into a playable portion of Eden? Yes, its confirmed that there are no time anomalies, but that was very much related to Helix's Rifts - and the series has been no stranger to giving us storylines in multiple timeframes in the same game. Whats more, this could technically be a memory. We don't need a willing or suitable subject for this one, Juno has already proven in the Uprising comic that she can impart her memories onto an Animus user at her whim. Perhaps we might even control her as the player, as several games have allowed players to take on the mantle of the Antagonist. If she wants to show the player some of the critical events in Isu history, such as Adam and Eve with the human Uprising, or the Isu wars of old - she is more than able to. It would provide a fascinating view into the First Civilization, especially if we get to assist or play as Adam and Eve - it would be most fitting to see the true beginning of the Assassins within the 'Origins' titled game.

3. Its an entry to The Duat
http://i.imgur.com/8REPSDF.png

The Duat is the underworld of Egyptian mythology, or more commonly the realm of the dead. We have seen Bayek uttering the phrase "May you walk the Land of the Duat", and a confession video at E3 appears to show a target burning and floating away as ash on the wind. The developers have made the point that they want to feature Egyptian gods, and many have direct involvement in the Duat; Anubis, Thoth, Horus, Hathor, Ma'at.... but more notably Osiris who was previously a confirmed Isu, and finally Ra - whose name appears to be all over Origins. Apep (a giant snake!) is also said to dwell there. If Juno knows these gods, it may well be that they are all Isu and that we will meet the gods in this realm. They may even already be her underlings. By token, the Duat could easily be explained away as The Grey or The Nexus depending on what the storyline requires. We know that Bayek carries a mark of Horus - wouldn't that be a twist if he is ironically working for Juno?

4. Its a Boss Battle
http://i.imgur.com/Rsl1uba.png

We know that they have placed bosses all around the open world of Egypt. Here's a twist, what if Juno literally hacks the Animus and attacks you with the environment itself? She could throw boulders and other objects at you, or unleash armies of NPCs at you to overcome. It may also be an explanation for the giant snake, or gives us the opportunity of some other encounters against 'enhanced' entities.

5. Its Story Time
http://i.imgur.com/0D62JDU.png

This may literally be Juno speaking aloud of the events of her past. Kind of similar to what she did within AC3, and Syndicate. It may even form a way for Ubisoft to recap the Modern Day story for new players in an unobtrusive and optional fashion. A little boring compared to the other theories, but still quite viable. This could easily be tied into some form of collectibles, or puzzle system.

6. Its actually Sages
http://i.imgur.com/rCYxha4.png

We know that Sages appear throughout history, so its not a stretch to believe that we may once more come across one within Origins. What if Sages gather a number of worshippers together, and congregate in story 'events' trying to summon Juno into the world? It would be a little disappointing, but could still provide some interesting lore surrounding Juno, even if it is from Aita's perspective.

Anyhoo. There are six theories for you. Which do you think it is? Do you have your own separate theory?

Elder-Kalakta
06-21-2017, 06:41 PM
This quote makes me wonder if this has any links to the Juno Events in Origins. Or perhaps any other Isu like Consus (possibly called Thoth here, also linked to Hermes in mythology if I'm not mistaken. And we know of Hermes Trismegistus in Assassin's Creed who encountered Pythagoras.)

Maybe the giant snake is a hallucination caused by Juno or another Isu to either influence Bayek or whoever is using the Animus.

I wonder if the conspiracy theories regarding Thoth being an Atlantean whose archive lies under the Sphinx will play into Origins, perhaps some vault or Isu library which is hidden under the Sphinx that may give us some more information on the First Civilisation.

Could we be getting another "The Truth" style video? More Eve development and glimpses into the Human Rebellion in the Isu Era? We know there won't be no Rifts this time so the Juno Events being another "WW1 simulation" type thing won't be happening.

I can't wait until October. I always loved Ancient Egypt so the setting already grabbed my attention, but the announcement of Juno Events amplifies this excitement exponentially! The setting alone has huge potential to delve a lot more into the Isu compared to previous settings in my opinion. Egypt really does have the mythical legend aura going for it and the fact it's set so far into the past gives us a lot more freedom to explore the Precursors.

Is it freaking October already?!

cawatrooper9
06-21-2017, 09:39 PM
Hopefully we'll get something along those lines!

The Assassins (in particular, Ezio) had some serious run ins with TWCB over time. Perhaps this relationship between TWCB and the Assassins is intrinsically linked with the formation of the brotherhood?

joshoolhorst
06-21-2017, 10:21 PM
I really really like to see that back in Egypte THAT IS JUST THE PERFECT PLACE! but Achilles said in AC3 that since Ezio found the ''bottle'' these ''ghosts'' have been appearing or something like that moment I get the scene.

https://youtu.be/lfKBWcsv1uA?t=525

Yeah there

cawatrooper9
06-21-2017, 10:39 PM
I could see it going either way.

Ezio was pretty open about his First Civ visions- he tells pretty much everyone at the villa.

If Bayek is more tight-lipped on what he sees, the continuity still works. Or, if he interprets these things strictly as Egyptian deities rather than giving them their First Civ identities.

Sorrosyss
06-22-2017, 12:08 AM
Well, Hermes was technically the last living Isu that we know of. (Though thats technically debatable) So they should all be long dead by the point of the game. But its near 1,400 years before Ezio is even born. Its highly likely any records kept by Bayek likely didn't survive. Or more likely was just intepreted as the work of the main Egyptian Gods.

The Pyramids housing Isu vaults is too big an opportunity for Ubisoft to pass up in my view though. With the French comics retconned, I think its pretty clear they want to do something with the Ankh - and if that still retains the ability to record messages then its highly likely you will indeed see some Isu message.

Besides, by all accounts Juno is evidently confirmed to be returning. So, thats one. :p

joshoolhorst
06-22-2017, 09:34 AM
Well, Hermes was technically the last living Isu that we know of. (Though thats technically debatable) So they should all be long dead by the point of the game. But its near 1,400 years before Ezio is even born. Its highly likely any records kept by Bayek likely didn't survive. Or more likely was just intepreted as the work of the main Egyptian Gods.

The Pyramids housing Isu vaults is too big an opportunity for Ubisoft to pass up in my view though. With the French comics retconned, I think its pretty clear they want to do something with the Ankh - and if that still retains the ability to record messages then its highly likely you will indeed see some Isu message.

Besides, by all accounts Juno is evidently confirmed to be returning. So, thats one. :p

I agree with your points and thoughts but I still kinda doubt it in a way of course second Juno would most likely appear in the Animus than the actual story of Origins I personally believe myself... I do still hope we have a boss fight with her:)

Elder-Kalakta
06-22-2017, 07:48 PM
It could be, who knows? Just because Ezio encountered them and made his encounters well known doesn't mean he's the first.

Remember that in the modern day, the Assassins sort of forgot about the Isu until reviewing Desmond's ancestry and re-discovered them. Ezio simply re-discovered them too I think.

It would be very interesting to see if they are linked to the formation of the Brotherhood.

Elder-Kalakta
06-22-2017, 07:51 PM
We could see Consus if he's connected to Thoth and Hermes. There are conspiracy theories about Thoth being an Atlantean survivor who has a library hidden under the Sphinx.

We all know how much Ubisoft loves their conspiracy theories when it comes to Assassin's Creed. Something like that could be incorporated and Consus/Thoth/Hermes/Prometheus could have an archive under the Sphinx in Origins as well.

RVSage
06-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Well Juno is all but confirmed in the game, with 'Ra' being mentioned around a lot, I see not no reason for Isu not being in the game

RVSage
06-23-2017, 02:13 AM
I would go with Isu Era content, based on multiple playable characters information. We may actually play Aita during the Isu era (If Desmond's son is indeed the protagonist)

VoldR
06-23-2017, 02:26 AM
I would go with Isu Era content, based on multiple playable characters information. We may actually play Aita during the Isu era (If Desmond's son is indeed the protagonist)

He's son???

Not really surprised if true, I'm sure they'd do that just to have a bloodline.

I'm guessing it's that kid and he's mom is one of his flings.

RVSage
06-23-2017, 02:29 AM
He's son???

Not really surprised if true, I'm sure they'd do that just to have a bloodline.

I'm guessing it's that kid and he's mom is one of his flings.

He has a son, this was mentioned in syndicate audio files, recently he made an appearance in the comics, he is a sage as well. So it is actually a big part of the lore

LoyalACFan
06-23-2017, 03:29 AM
I don't know, honestly, but the word "events" makes me think it's some kind of online connected-world thing. That's typically the word sandbox games use for little random things that pop up in the open world, not really missions. But I have no doubt there will be some kind of modern day content, be it Juno Events or no.

Moultonborough
06-23-2017, 06:20 AM
I don't know, honestly, but the word "events" makes me think it's some kind of online connected-world thing. That's typically the word sandbox games use for little random things that pop up in the open world, not really missions. But I have no doubt there will be some kind of modern day content, be it Juno Events or no.

This. Every time I see the word "Events" come up it is online connected. What it may be of only time will tell. Personally, I would love it to be MD content outside of the Animus but I doubt it at this point. Just as a side note I've watched a lot of videos while show the map and I have not seen "Juno Events" on them. Can anyone get a screenshot?

VoldR
06-23-2017, 06:21 AM
He has a son, this was mentioned in syndicate audio files, recently he made an appearance in the comics, he is a sage as well. So it is actually a big part of the lore
Only thing mentioned there was that he's a Sage and links to practically every era we played as Desmond

Which is odd, why would they see the ottoman and Italy as two different things when Ezio and he's children end up in Italy and did not stay at Istanbul.

Referencing to Subject 17 could just be describing what he'll do the kid the same way he did Desmond. Not necessarily because they are related.

Only apparently, the comic confirmed it. :)

Btw, so now a Sage has become part of Desmond's bloodline? Strange, still not sure how that work because isn't the last Sage was still alive when the kid is alive too?

joshoolhorst
06-23-2017, 07:04 AM
Why do I imagen with Story time with Juno she is going to read Isu bed time story's?

And that my children is how we all should look at humans:)

Moultonborough
06-23-2017, 08:40 AM
Ever since I first heard that trailer I've had the notion that A) They were talking about TWCB and B) It was a Templar talking. It just seemed the perfect way to introduce the Assassin Brotherhood as a threat to their plans. Ezio at first believed TWCB as gods so it's not a stretch to think that people who lived thousands of years beforehand would think the same. Someone in the Templar Order discovered TWCB first IMO. So I would easily say that TWCB and the origin of the brotherhood match up.

PlunderBunker
06-23-2017, 08:53 AM
All great theorys :) All of them plausible. I do like the Duat theory, could be very interesting to explore that area.

ACDumi911
06-23-2017, 11:54 AM
I voted for The Duat as this is pretty much confirmed in the trailer and in gameplay demo. I also expect the new modern day protagonist to be Charlotte de la Cruz using the Animus.

dxsxhxcx
06-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Either Juno sorta hacking the animus and speaking with whoever its user may be or Juno interaction's with Bayek

RA503
06-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Hope its tells backstory of Juno,and I hope that it's saga ends on this game as well .

PlunderBunker
06-23-2017, 03:01 PM
lol the game won't end Juno's chapter. It's just getting started ;)

RA503
06-23-2017, 03:07 PM
I want to see Juno from kid to monster .(tecnically the only evil thing she done is kill Lucy) .

maybe she have the hand cut and fall in to a pool of lava and is reconstructed with cybernetic parts after that .

PlunderBunker
06-23-2017, 03:48 PM
I'm sure we'll get that. I keep on saying it but when Juno comes back in the flesh, she'll be this almighty, unstoppable force of nature that's not to be reckoned with. She'll be giving orders and whatnot. Kinda off-topic but I recently watched the new doctor who episode that aired a few weeks back, the Empress of Mars it's called. For some reason the empress reminded me of Juno, or what Juno is gonna act like when she returns :P Should give it a watch.

Elder-Kalakta
06-23-2017, 04:39 PM
The developers have made the point that they want to feature Egyptian gods, and many have direct involvement in the Duat; Anubis, Thoth, Horus, Hathor, Ma'at.... but more notably Osiris who was previously a confirmed Isu, and finally Ra - whose name appears to be all over Origins. Apep (a giant snake!) is also said to dwell there. If Juno knows these gods, it may well be that they are all Isu and that we will meet the gods in this realm. They may even already be her underlings. By token, the Duat could easily be explained away as The Grey or The Nexus depending on what the storyline requires. We know that Bayek carries a mark of Horus - wouldn't that be a twist if he is ironically working for Juno?

This reminds me of something Juno said to an Instrument.

"But what of the Assassins?"

"Corrupted, short sighted, their purpose is fulfilled. The Assassins must die, BEFORE they find my OTHERS..."

Others?! :D

I think and hope that the Juno Events will be Isu Era flashbacks. The idea of playing as Juno sounds beyond awesome. I'd play that for hours, just wandering around a giant hall as Juno doing nothing else.

But the idea of it being the Duat and featuring other Isu (Juno's Others?) is also a possibility.

SixKeys
06-23-2017, 04:52 PM
Whatever they are, I hope they're something epic. I would hate to be teased with the promise of something Juno-related that would turn out to be just some boring community event like the ones in AC4 (where you could tag white whales or treasure fleets via other players).

Syndicate122
06-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Probably flashbacks towards the isu period

wvstolzing
06-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Whatever they are, I hope they're something epic. I would hate to be teased with the promise of something Juno-related that would turn out to be just some boring community event like the ones in AC4 (where you could tag white whales or treasure fleets via other players).

That's what the use of the word 'event' suggests to me as well.

Though perhaps there's more to it. This is how Ashraf responds to a question about 'Juno events' in the Game Informer interview: (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-22-assassins-creed-origins-interview)

On the map I spotted something called Juno events. What are those?

Ismail: [Pause, laughs] Those were in the demo?! Errr...

Well, they were if you look at the map and then bring up the map legend and scroll through all the little icons.

Ismail: [laughs] Very good, bravo. Eeeesh. The legend... [sighs] So. We just announced the game... we're just talking about Ancient Egypt for now, but there's a lot more to it. We are showing off a lot of stuff here but I will tell you we're showing this much [makes tiny amount gesture] of something huge. There's more to come, the campaign is huge. These guys [gestures to Ubisoft PR] want to trickle out the info so I'll play along.

If it were something as mundane as 'community events', it wouldn't matter if a careless error revealed the title in the demo.

cawatrooper9
06-23-2017, 09:20 PM
Isu era flashbacks are a neat idea.

These could also be rifts, I suppose. Juno was pretty intrinsically related to the rifts in Syndicate (for some reason), and it might be cool to have multiple rifts on the map that correspond to their map location throughout time.