PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Origins PC - Physical copy?

Assassin1BK
06-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Hello, I am a huge fan of Assassin's Creed, and I have bought all Assassin's Creed pc games in physical copy, and I just want to know if Assassin's Creed Origins for PC will have a physical copy? thank you! :)

This is my Assassin's Creed PC Collection:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Habc0Epzk0LoPGCYKZC8_NHU33NuLitzHygSppEOeqtcRwET30 nZfxwbvALYPywtPNm8V7BuVL3eOMvLeBH_Ot1jUQUzIu1DxX04 fR2Eu4q2IenTm93OJiukgovLKWtv_sorcE0YfJaJsKw6YZ6QiN 66qRgQs44tTo3DTgUjY-ey2wWQp3JeHJdOv8ykvnUmqMFb_M3UhwkWlgY3j3K7ioVm2b_g qgvmsL_v8Og7CAG9g-a8nyKRM-39FZvGwqSGWRZDWgObMfk74uDiZNFps3Y05aj0_TznNLKtzHPO U2eOmdXM32NtATguNr2CXABfZd8aluQT4bPDRauUtKtxnZtTqZ ZsglX6NCSmKA0M8eoH-zscFH18IxSyXLsFqJ9i8-ZkzttW-xYt4G4pzy6Eb587e5z51xkfd7IySC1SuUzZ1OUN8RBaUMv3Z9C w8Mu4kT6SvwzLfP-ZYSmTceWEWf90FfoUEB1arJ76-V7CJQ-j1Dr4nzzoV818Fqrd0yIvhkN0fU3qvzYN19CeUAg5r-nDrkSEYJwezxhvWkwePOATnHy_rz2xXW1O9fP7ylx9bVwx8uFY _cplLa-Yr8YKuWPhXET7GKTjNEHpzP1GRXzOCOB5=w1267-h950-no

strigoi1958
06-22-2017, 04:28 PM
I think only limited editions may come in physical form, but even then I'm not sure if it will include the disk or just the key code needed to download the game... I think in another thread people were discussing if they could just buy the case for their collections and just download the game.

Assassin1BK
06-22-2017, 05:14 PM
Thanks for your answer man! I hope Ubisoft will release a physical copy for the PC. Have a nice day! :)

andynaruto10
06-22-2017, 05:37 PM
Yet another one asking about the physical copy for PC. There are so many people asking and sending tickets to Support. And they do nothing. A big middle finger to Ubisoft. I gave up. I wanted to pre-order, but what's the point if I don't get the physical game for my collection...

I'm really sad. :(

strigoi1958
06-22-2017, 06:54 PM
I'm surprised that game stores do not offer to sell usb memory sticks and charge a small fee to copy the installation files on to them. People with very slow broadband could still purchase the game (activation key) from uplay but install from the usb stick and only have to download any patches, rather than spending 3 days downloading very slowly.

I know this doesn't help people who want the official case to go with heir others but it would help a lot of people.

SofaJockey
06-22-2017, 10:19 PM
It's not as if the whole game fits on a DVD anyway.
Physical media is quickly heading to extinction.

Seize the change.

I got over my need to collect with VHS...

SHADOWGARVIN
06-22-2017, 10:37 PM
All the editions for PC are PC download. With previous game there were two options for PC, but not anymore. You can only choose PC download.

However, with the more expensive editions you get a steelbook. If all you want is to have a case, then I advice you to buy one of those editions.

You should visit the ubisoft store. All avaliable editions are on their site.

DanonMight
06-28-2017, 08:38 PM
Steelbok edition is not available on pc, i checked on UBI store, this is ridiculous. I can have Tekken or mass effect box with code inside, and here is Ubisoft ripping it away from me. Well hell i can pay 600+ for collectors edition but that ain't gonna happen. Let's hope someone gonna sell steelbok separately on eBay while after game is out, better that than nothing.

SHADOWGARVIN
06-28-2017, 11:16 PM
Assasin's Creed Origins Dawn of the Creed Edition is available for PC download and costs €149,99. Plus, you can get 20% off if you have 100 uplay points.

This the link: http://store.ubi.com/nl/game?pid=59247e5fadc724363e8b4568&dwvar_59247e5fadc724363e8b4568_Platform=pcdl&edition=Dawn%20of%20the%20Creed%20Edition&source=detail

DanonMight
07-01-2017, 12:02 PM
It's still too much to pay if i care only to have a box for collection. I can accept 80$ for edition with steelbok but 150 is a no go for me. Meh it's not end of the world i don't need to play it straight after release, just gonna wait for prices to drop down

tERROR6239
07-27-2017, 02:23 PM
I will not buying this game without phisical copy. For Wach_Dogs_2 have no phisical copies too, but i found one :) I will wait for one.

Radiar767
09-06-2017, 07:07 PM
i think u r right dude.

KostasD95
09-26-2017, 10:45 PM
With one month left until AC origins hits the selfs in stores all around the world still no promotions about A PHYSICAL COPY of any of the PC editions. After a long waited 2 week response from Ubisoft Support all I got was: I apologise, but we do not currently offer a physical disk edition of this game for the PC, only in digital key format.. What is wrong with the world people, i know digital download is more profitable for any developer but what happens to all those PC gamers, fans of the series including myself that they need a physical copy and not just for sentimental or collective reasons, not that they are not important, but for the simple reason that NOT EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD there is high speed, dependable internet to download a 60+ GB game. They say that AC origins won't be a console exclusive but when they do not publish a Physical Copy for the PC they make it one, because for me and for more other PC users it will take 2 days or even more to download it in comparison with the console users and I ask why, don't we pay it at full price as everyone else. I want to believe that the currently that i got as an answer and that this stuation will not go to I apologise, but we do not offer a physical disk edition of this game for the PC so I say all this to pick the interest of the people in charge of this project so they can make something even now, for that part of the series fans too.

Eagle017
09-26-2017, 11:36 PM
There are copies sold, on Amazon for example, that are listed as DVD-ROM. Do they really not contain a DVD?

SofaJockey
09-27-2017, 12:27 AM
The game doesn't fit on a DVD - short of shipping on 6 disks (or more in future) physical disks are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

This is not any particular game publisher's fault, PC media standards are insufficient
and fast internet needs to roll out to more places.

RVSage
09-27-2017, 12:38 AM
The game doesn't fit on a DVD - short of shipping on 6 disks (or more in future) physical disks are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

This is not any particular game publisher's fault, PC media standards are insufficient
and fast internet needs to roll out to more places.

This is true, I remember having 3 discs for AC3 physical edition, It was painful, since then I have gone digital ,mostly

OxIdOAC
09-27-2017, 05:07 AM
Preload of AC Syndicate started 2 days before release date so there's no reason that Origins wouldn't have preload 2 days before.
And i don't see what's all the fuss about this phisical copy... Even with internet speed of (say 2~4 Mbit only) you can download this in a day and a half and you can still play on the release day...
4Mbit speed is roughly 0.5 mb/s so for 60 GB you need like 34 hours..... But i don't think that you have such a low internet speed, even mobile phones have better speed...

Mav99ex
09-27-2017, 07:02 AM
It's our own fault. PC users never bought many Blu-ray drives, so that format never took hold on the PC.
And multiple, slow DVDs are a pain in the butt. That's why most PC users have switched to downloads.

I preferred physical copies for a very long time but even when I still bought them, I often rather downloaded the game since that's much faster and a lot more comfortable than installing it from the discs. Today I only buy a physical box if it's on sale cheaper than a digital copy.

Amusing side note: Publishers prefer digital distribution because of MUCH larger margins for themselves. Pretty much 100% in case of Ubisoft, having it's own distribution platform.
I usually prefer digital distribution these days because of keystores. Cheaper than physical copies even with release day offers and a LOT cheaper than the ridiculous official prices on UPlay and other Platforms. Many of those keys are scanned from physical copies bought in cheap regions of the world. That way I get a digital copy of new games for a low price while Ubisoft and others hardly profit at all from these sales... Isn't that ironic?

ElderDarklion
09-27-2017, 09:28 AM
4Mbit speed is roughly 0.5 mb/s so for 60 GB you need like 34 hours..... But i don't think that you have such a low internet speed, even mobile phones have better speed...
In Turkey I have limited when I use 50 gb net connection and my downloading drop from 1.6 mbps to 0.6-0.5 mbps. I pay for it 67 Turkish Lira. It's about 15-16€ every month. It's not cheap when you look other countries. So yes I want physical copy to load my game, not waiting 25-30 hours downloading it. Also I have physical copies from AC1 to AC Syndicate without AC Rogue and want it a collection.
However I love AC series too much and I preordered AC:O but these are my problems like many people have same problems.

naumaan
09-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Well, having a physical copy is a privilege in itself, most of the high cost packages of pre order may offer physical copies, but I am not in the favor of physical copy. One of the reason is, where I live there is no copyright act on any of the games, or even media, so most of the physical copies of games or media is been copied from the pirated versions. If I go in the market for an assassins creed origins physical copy, I can get it in only 1500 rupees .. and its not original.. its a crack version ... where as the original with all the perks of being bought from the uplay got my 10,000 Rs. And I would not like to go for a version where I have no access to online features and I am cut off with the world.

Another reason is, even If I pre order an original physical game, it will be used before reaching me.
I purchased assassins creed syndicate 6 monnths earlier, there was a dlc code written in one of the small booklet in it, i tried it on my ps4 but the server said its already been used.

Even if I have to download the game, its okie ... atleast there is no theft involved ...

KostasD95
09-27-2017, 11:38 AM
Well, having a physical copy is a privilege in itself, most of the high cost packages of pre order may offer physical copies, but I am not in the favor of physical copy. One of the reason is, where I live there is no copyright act on any of the games, or even media, so most of the physical copies of games or media is been copied from the pirated versions. If I go in the market for an assassins creed origins physical copy, I can get it in only 1500 rupees .. and its not original.. its a crack version ... where as the original with all the perks of being bought from the uplay got my 10,000 Rs. And I would not like to go for a version where I have no access to online features and I am cut off with the world.

Another reason is, even If I pre order an original physical game, it will be used before reaching me.
I purchased assassins creed syndicate 6 monnths earlier, there was a dlc code written in one of the small booklet in it, i tried it on my ps4 but the server said its already been used.

Even if I have to download the game, its okie ... atleast there is no theft involved ...

I'm sorry to hear such horrible things happen, i really am but that's not a fair reason to stop publising physical copies of a game generaly because some places don't have copyright acts as it is not fair also to "punish" the part of your game series fans, that must have that physical copy, for every of their reasons, while all those years supported the game series

ElderDarklion
09-27-2017, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear such horrible things happen, i really am but that's not a fair reason to stop publising physical copies of a game generaly because some places don't have copyright acts as it is not fair also to "punish" the part of your game series fans, that must have that physical copy, for every of their reasons, while all those years supported the game series
I'm totaly agree with KostasD95 and also if my computer broken and format it, our change it for any reason I need 25- 30 hours net connection to play my owned game. And most worse if I haven't net connection that my net connection began only 1 year ago, I can't load my owned game. Activate game no problem with wireless connection but loading game, it's nearly impossible with a phone wireless for me.
And pirated version will be there every time, it's nearly impossible to stop them just slow may be. These are other reasons why need physical copies for me.

aaroz88
09-27-2017, 12:36 PM
With that said, I will not buy this game digitally unless Ubisoft release the game on PC in DVD (in the near future if that happens)

Dimv92
09-27-2017, 12:51 PM
You could in theory, download one of those pirated compressed versions and then add it to your uplay. Uplay will then check the files and do what needs to be done.

ElderDarklion
09-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Yes it could be worked. But why we go to that ways whlie we're buying original games. Doesn't it seem wrong?
And also what, it couldn't be worked or needs more gb to fix it, we do?
It's todays problem that single player games need internet.

KostasD95
09-27-2017, 01:29 PM
You could in theory, download one of those pirated compressed versions and then add it to your uplay. Uplay will then check the files and do what needs to be done.

First of all I don't think that's possible because you need an activation code in order to add a game to your Uplay library and second do you think this is right to download a game illegally for free while everyone else pays full price for it and then have a demmand for the developers to publish a physical copy for your convinience?

OxIdOAC
09-27-2017, 02:40 PM
In Turkey I have limited when I use 50 gb net connection and my downloading drop from 1.6 mbps to 0.6-0.5 mbps. I pay for it 67 Turkish Lira. It's about 15-16 every month. It's not cheap when you look other countries. So yes I want physical copy to load my game, not waiting 25-30 hours downloading it. Also I have physical copies from AC1 to AC Syndicate without AC Rogue and want it a collection.
However I love AC series too much and I preordered AC:O but these are my problems like many people have same problems.

It's not cheap and yet you can afford a pc to play AC Origins, you can afford a internal pc bluray player that cost minimum ~60 (i doubt that they will ever release AAA game on 12+ DVDs, bluray is cheaper), and you have 60 to buy this game in the first place... And internet is expensive.... hm...

KostasD95
09-27-2017, 04:02 PM
It's not cheap and yet you can afford a pc to play AC Origins, you can afford a internal pc bluray player that cost minimum ~60 € (i doubt that they will ever release AAA game on 12+ DVDs, bluray is cheaper), and you have 60 € to buy this game in the first place... And internet is expensive.... hm...

Forgive me if i'm wrong but last i checked you have to pay for an internet connetion monthly and for a PC game or even a dvd-br driver only once, so i find your argument a little off

dxsxhxcx
09-27-2017, 04:04 PM

These versions usually come pre-cracked to avoid such connection between the game and the developers' servers.

First of all I don't think that's possible because you need an activation code in order to add a game to your Uplay library and second do you think this is right to download a game illegally for free while everyone else pays full price for it and then have a demmand for the developers to publish a physical copy for your convinience?

He is probably suggesting get those versions to avoid the amount of time it would take to download its uncompressed version, even if he decided to buy an activation code to activate the game later it would require messing around with registry entries and some files in order to make the game be recognized by the servers as a legit version. (IMO) At the end of the day download the uncompressed version of the game would be easier.

KostasD95
09-27-2017, 04:39 PM
These versions usually come pre-cracked to avoid such connection between the game and the developers' servers.

He is probably suggesting get those versions to avoid the amount of time it would take to download its uncompressed version, even if he decided to buy an activation code to activate the game later it would require messing around with registry entries and some files in order to make the game be recognized by the servers as a legit version. (IMO) At the end of the day download the uncompressed version of the game would be easier.

My friend I understand what you say but if i have to mess around with registry entries and some files in order to just play a game, that i'm willing to pay for, then might as well study program enginering and make my own game (sarcasm) and in that case if i have to download a pirated game what sane person whould pay 60+ euros\dollars to do all that, ruther than download a crack file too. IMO me and all the other users here in the forum and even those that are not members yet but bombard the internet with complaints about the currnet situation and ask for a physical copy, want to support the developers by buying their product ruther than "scum" them and "steal" from them with a pirated version.

OxIdOAC
09-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Forgive me if i'm wrong but last i checked you have to pay for an internet connetion monthly and for a PC game or even a dvd-br driver only once, so i find your argument a little off

I don't think that you actually read what i was saying... But, never mind i will explain...
PC games are all downloads only for about past 6~7~8 years, and i don't think that mr. darklion2043 bought a relatively powerful PC that can run AAA games nowdays, just to play AC Origins.
And if he play other pc games too, they are all digital download only, which means he must BUY and DOWNLOAD them. And yes, i checked just for curiosity they indeed have 50GB monthly limit, but they also got different internet providers too, and funny enough bigger monthly limit options for just a few Turkish Lira:

50 GB 8 MBPS - 44 TL - 9.52€
50 GB 16 MBPS - 50 TL - 11.9 €
100 GB 16 MBPS - 59 TL - 14.05 €

And this prices are from TTNET, most common internet provider in Turkey. And speeds are just ok for such a big game....

I think that now you know what i mean mr. KostasD95.

Cheers

ElderDarklion
09-27-2017, 08:10 PM
I pay 67 Turkish Liras. And if you 're shame, I will show my last invoice.
However you can't belive me, that is no matter because I pay that invoice every month. NOT 44, 50 or 59 TL for a month.
And also I buy all of this things because I started to save my money near 4 years when I bought my first computer.
Then when I played AC.S my 720m wasn't enough last year.
After then I saw AC:O and than I think that is the right time to buy a new computer but I can't buy a laptop(my first was a laptop) then I buy a desktop with 1050ti.
I can't buy 1060 or better gpu's. But I begin to save my money TO BUY BETTER GPU about 2-3 years later.

ElderDarklion
09-27-2017, 08:23 PM
This discussion becomes personal for me.
Apologize all of you. My I'd say all true about me but it isn't interest all of you . Sorry.
I just SAY I and many people like me want physical copies. With DVD form, with Blu-ray form or Usb form. Only legal physical copies just this. And reasons I wrote before threats

KostasD95
09-27-2017, 11:09 PM
I don't think that you actually read what i was saying... But, never mind i will explain...
PC games are all downloads only for about past 6~7~8 years, and i don't think that mr. darklion2043 bought a relatively powerful PC that can run AAA games nowdays, just to play AC Origins.
And if he play other pc games too, they are all digital download only, which means he must BUY and DOWNLOAD them. And yes, i checked just for curiosity they indeed have 50GB monthly limit, but they also got different internet providers too, and funny enough bigger monthly limit options for just a few Turkish Lira:

50 GB 8 MBPS - 44 TL - 9.52€
50 GB 16 MBPS - 50 TL - 11.9 €
100 GB 16 MBPS - 59 TL - 14.05 €

And this prices are from TTNET, most common internet provider in Turkey. And speeds are just ok for such a big game....

I think that now you know what i mean mr. KostasD95.

Cheers

Excuse me my friend but last i checked for the last 5 years i have bought AAA PC games that are not downloa only as you claim, now if that happening to where you are from i don't now but i am 100% sure that right now in my bookself i have ALL AC GAMES ΤΗΑΤ have ever been for the PC in physical copies and may i remind you that the last 4 of them are betwen 3 or 4 years old. So for the past 6~7~8 years there is no such think of downloads only. Now as for the hardware, my PC is 4 years old and as a matter of fact can run AC Origins just fine, just to be clear though not on ultra setting but it can run it, so generaly someone doesn't need to upgrade every year in order to play the latest game (from my experience so far). So if a person save some money to build a decent pc once doesn't mean he is financialy strong as others. So in order to get back to the original topic of this post the fact that some users want to have the option to buy games in physical form doesn't mean that they want to mainly for financial reasons (beause they pay the same with the digital form) but i can't disagree that helps when their are situations like our friend's darklion2043

DaTraS
09-28-2017, 01:17 AM
At least on the german ubisoft store you are able to preorder the standard version in "pc dvd" flavor... Only the "standard version" in fact, so our beloved "collectors" editions are not having any disc included. I've given up on arguing with the customer support, after my letter to Yves Guillemot was answered by the team leader of the store customer service. They just don't give a ****. Even if it makes absolutely no sense that DVDs which ARE produced ARE NOT included in the editions that are ESPECIALLY MADE FOR COLLECTORS OF PHYSICAL EDITIONS...

Well, even though I've preordered every Assassins Creed in the highest edition available, I skipped preordering AC:O now.
In fact, I don't know if I will buy this game at all... So fed up about it.

Mav99ex
09-28-2017, 01:45 PM
At least on the german ubisoft store you are able to preorder the standard version in "pc dvd" flavor...
Don't be too surprised though, if it's only one disc with nothing but a UPlay installer on it...

Wombles-_-
09-28-2017, 04:23 PM
The thing that always got me was the physical was cheaper than the direct to drive, you'd think it would have been the other way around. I still think there should be an option for those that have bad internet or not much download capacity, for to purchase a physical copy of the game.

six45
09-28-2017, 11:28 PM
Bit harx to fit 60-70 gb game on dvd or any kind of optical storage

aaroz88
09-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Bit harx to fit 60-70 gb game on dvd or any kind of optical storage

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/31vco4/gta_v_on_pc_will_take_place_on_7_dvd_discs/

If Rockstar can do it with their GTA V, there's no excuse for multiglobal company like Ubisoft to not release this game on PC physically :nonchalance:

andynaruto10
09-30-2017, 01:21 PM
1 BluRay is cheaper than 7 DVDs.
Some may say BluRay is not a standard for PCs. BluRay has been out for a while now, if games and movies come out on BluRay, people will buy BluRay Readers for their PCs. Especially gamers who spend a fortune on their PCs.

SofaJockey
09-30-2017, 04:19 PM
There is an 'excuse' for Ubisoft, it's called not wanting to ship several disks or use a declining format.
BluRay is not a standard for PCs so the install base would be even smaller that way.

I understand the deep frustration from players in certain territories,
but the solution lies in improved local broadband infrastructure.

Or play the game on console. There are always choices.

andynaruto10
09-30-2017, 06:29 PM
Looks like Germany gets a special treatment. And of course, they only ship in Germany. But you can find it on Amazon too. The thing is, the DVD case is in german so one might not like that. Also, it's possible the keys are region-locked.
https://i.imgur.com/RLWyzMV.png

Andesha
10-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Looks like Germany gets a special treatment. And of course, they only ship in Germany. But you can find it on Amazon too. The thing is, the DVD case is in german so one might not like that. Also, it's possible the keys are region-locked.

Wouldn't be so sure about that,

http://www.empik.com/assassin-s-creed-origins-bluza-ubisoft,p1145080207,multimedia-p

In Poland we can pre-order physical copy of ACO, but only the basic, standard version.

parkourkidrick
10-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Hi guys,

I'm a huge fan from the AC franchise and am from Holland.
I was thinking of preorderding the game for PC and since i have all the other games as well i didn't want a PC download but a real material CD.
However i couldn't find anything available. Does anyone know if a CD is coming available for preorder or that i have to download the game (which would make me very sad :()

I love to hear whay you guys know about this.

Assassin1BK
10-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Hello,

I am a big fun of Assassin's Creed, I have bought all the games in the series in a physical copy for PC, and I didn't see how can I get a physical copy
of Assassin's Creed Origins for PC.
Is there any way that I can buy a physical copy for PC?
or there is no chance?
Thanks for answering :)

cardiacskate22
10-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Read this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1773210-Possible-disk-version-for-PC-players

Mortalware
10-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Well damn.. was all excited to play Origins but just got home from local game store where they informed me there is no PC version.

I didn't really follow the news, though it still took me a while to find out today that you can't buy it on PC. Why would they do that when others versions are on PC?? :confused:

SpookyLukey
10-29-2017, 08:49 AM
O'well I guess they just lost themselves another customer **** em i pay good money for a physical hard copy of the game non of this download ****.

tERROR6239
10-29-2017, 11:45 AM
After 6 months looking for Watch Dogs 2 physical I actually find one (not San Francisco ...****) standard copy. Now quest begin again for Assassin Creed. I am not buying this or another PC game without physical copy.
I hope Ubisoft to change this discrimination to PC gamers. And to be possible to preorder The Crew 2 on physical copy....
Here is my collection: https://imgur.com/d3jhCwh I hope to add more Ubisoft games in the future.

andynaruto10
10-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Order from Amazon.de. Problem solved. But you know, the text on the back will be in german most probably.

I know how you feel, I have a big collection too. And for my favorite games, I like to buy the physical copy. But I got over it and got the Gold Edition digitally.

You can't argue with Ubisoft's marketing team and their decisions, but if they read the forums and see we want it, maybe they'll do them for future games.

DanonMight
10-29-2017, 03:06 PM
I am also a collectioner. Makes me sad you can't buy standard PC version in physical copy. I was so frustrated that I ordered down of the creed edition mostly for the steelbook so I can put it on my shelf. Lol I think I'm addicted

Mortalware
10-30-2017, 10:31 AM
The biggest kick in the teeth here in Australia is that the digital only PC version is $26 more expensive than buying it on console which are a physical product.

PC - $90 (standard digital edition)
PS4/Xbox - $64 (standard physical edition)

Explain that?

MasyafAltair25
10-30-2017, 11:13 PM
Well i was also thinking to buy a physical copy of assassin's creed for PC. But here in Croatia there aren't any. Funny even more is i own a playstation 4 and i wanted to buy a copy of that game. But i found out that blueray is dead (bought from a friend). I didn't knew at first that game won't have physical copy for PC. But when i did, i was so sad. At least they could've done is same as what Metal Gear Solid the Phantom Pain did to the people who pre-order the game. Blank CD case with a digital code so you could activate it on UPLAY. So yea thanks ubisoft for letting down people who want to play your game. If the game was in a huge delay and they couldn't give CD's for PC users in other country. At least an apology would be great with: Sorry we couldn't made it available for all the country so they could play it on official release. Such huge company but less respect.

HF_Alex
11-05-2017, 02:35 AM
Preload of AC Syndicate started 2 days before release date so there's no reason that Origins wouldn't have preload 2 days before.
And i don't see what's all the fuss about this phisical copy... Even with internet speed of (say 2~4 Mbit only) you can download this in a day and a half and you can still play on the release day...

I live in Germany, and my internet speed is only 2Mbit/s. I could afford a better connection, but that's max where I live (in fact, I have to pay for 6Mbit/s, because it's the smalles increment on sale). If I use my max band width, I can't do other things on the internet. 2Mbit/s is so slow, I have loading times on facebook and similar sites.
If I download a 60GB game it takes about >3 days to download, if I don't use the internet any other way. In times like these I am happy for offline games in my steamlibrary.
That's why I bought a physical copy, but for some reason the first two DVDs still installed very slow.

MasyafAltair25
11-05-2017, 04:34 PM
I live in Germany, and my internet speed is only 2Mbit/s. I could afford a better connection, but that's max where I live (in fact, I have to pay for 6Mbit/s, because it's the smalles increment on sale). If I use my max band width, I can't do other things on the internet. 2Mbit/s is so slow, I have loading times on facebook and similar sites.
If I download a 60GB game it takes about >3 days to download, if I don't use the internet any other way. In times like these I am happy for offline games in my steamlibrary.
That's why I bought a physical copy, but for some reason the first two DVDs still installed very slow.

Be happy that you can buy physical copy. Where i live there is none for PC except for ps4 and xbox one.

HF_Alex
11-06-2017, 06:17 PM
I am indeed happy about it.
Wasn't paying attention for another game and it still takes at least two days.

Kyle197
11-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Pity I wont be able this game because my internet is too dammnmmm slow to download it and I have play them ALL the games of this series its truly truly sad that ubisoft or steam don't understand that everybody can not download games ...

SofaJockey
11-13-2017, 05:17 PM
its truly truly sad that ubisoft or steam don't understand that everybody can not download games ...

I think Ubisoft do understand, it's just a player segment they are no longer prepared to support for economic reasons.
I hope internet speeds improve in your locality, I understand for most locations, internet speeds improve 30% per year on average. This trend of increasingly abandoning physical copies is not unique to Ubisoft.

ProdiGurl
11-13-2017, 05:46 PM
Wbut for the simple reason that NOT EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD there is high speed, dependable internet to download a 60+ GB game. They say that AC origins won't be a console exclusive but when they do not publish a Physical Copy for the PC they make it one, because for me and for more other PC users it will take 2 days or even more to download it in comparison with the console users and I ask why, don't we pay it at full price as everyone else. .
I don't have high speed availability either - just Xbox Updates take me 2 days to fully download on Wifi. I've learned to hook up to check for an Xbox update before I try to rent any games from Redbox.
Twice now I rented a game to play, put the disk in & it wouldn't install without the Xbx update. So had to return the game & get a credit till I could re-rent & play it.
I have to dnld early mornings around 1am-5am for faster time.
Anyways, all this crap is exactly why I don't game on PC anymore. I quit in like 2011. Couldn't keep up with constant upgrading of my PC parts to play newest games, physical disks - this game most likely is 2 disks?
I look at all the bugs & people needing to know what settings to tweak, what components to switch to.... just too much to deal with for a novice. I'll take a console any day. - no Extra anything - nothing adding variables to why a bug/glitch is happening. I know there's drawbacks to every platform, but my odds are better this way. Plus, if my PC is down, I can still play games. If my console is down, I still a have PC..
I have a physical copy of every game I play & I keep them all. I might want to play them again but if not, the nostalgia of it & the memories they brought me. :D
Good luck, hope the disk is released.

siralex1986
11-13-2017, 08:38 PM
https://image.ibb.co/dnkDfw/20171102_184958.jpg

I had to get it in addition to the Dawn of the Creed Edition....kinda worth it? My wife thinks otherwise obviously, but I love how the collection looks.

ProdiGurl
11-13-2017, 08:59 PM
^ That there is a beautiful sight! :o

siralex1986
11-13-2017, 09:33 PM
^ That there is a beautiful sight! :o

Indeed, but I'm afraid it'll be just harder and harder to find physical copies for PC; I only get the AC ones tho, everything else I buy digital.

andynaruto10
11-13-2017, 11:01 PM
I had to get it in addition to the Dawn of the Creed Edition....kinda worth it? My wife thinks otherwise obviously, but I love how the collection looks.

Where did you get the physical game? Can you show more pictures please? Front, back and inside? :D

siralex1986
11-13-2017, 11:31 PM
Where did you get the physical game? Can you show more pictures please? Front, back and inside? :D

Amazon.de, the only place selling it! It has 5 discs lol...

https://i.imgur.com/O4qZ463.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lvopKuD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lX75OS4.jpg

andynaruto10
11-13-2017, 11:33 PM
That's so cool, too bad it's in german. I would have bought it. Thanks!

siralex1986
11-14-2017, 08:43 AM
That's so cool, too bad it's in german. I would have bought it. Thanks!

Yea, I guess a German one is better than nothing lol, did it merely for the case as I already owned a digital copy.

I was actually planning to put the steelbox on the shelf, but for whatever reason it's way shorter than the other cases and looks terrible next to them.

NuclearBoyScout
12-25-2017, 09:06 PM
@ siralex1986

Can you tell me if it is possible to change the language to anything other than German in the game installed from these discs?

veronica5585
12-25-2017, 09:35 PM
Your wife is wrong. They look great.

https://image.ibb.co/dnkDfw/20171102_184958.jpg

Drogalo
01-21-2018, 09:19 AM
Amazon.de, the only place selling it! It has 5 discs lol...

https://i.imgur.com/O4qZ463.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lvopKuD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lX75OS4.jpg

Hey siralex1986,
is it possible to scan the cover for us? I bought the PC GODS Collector's Edition in the UBIStore and i dont have a covercase for my physical cover collection

Manujito
01-26-2018, 04:33 AM
Can I ask you something? In the physical copy, is there a reedem code too? Or is the license linked to the disc itself? Thanks!

Symyr
02-09-2018, 03:58 PM
One thing i haven't seen mentioned by people in this post. Here in belgium we have download limitations, sure the isp's claim it's unlimited but in a household where 2 people are online often it's capped pretty much monthly (and we have a good subscription with high speed internet). The whole trend of just download the game from whatever store wouldn't be an issue if we didn't have those limitations but sadly we do so for the love of god will you just keep making physical editions because these limits aren't going away soon. Oh and to the guy that said every game is download only for past 678 years your wrong since we sometimes have outages internet wise aswell and i have been able to install my games thanks to the dvd's just fine during those times (yes i did have to wait to be able to activate them)

andynaruto10
02-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Physical copies were cheaper because each country has it's own distributor who has a contract and buys the games in bulk. And then he puts a price relative to that country's economy. Germany will have a different price, India a different price, Russia a different price, Africa a different price. And what's why they are cheaper.

But now that Ubisoft decided to stop making physical copies, the only option is to buy digital, which is expensive. 60 €. While Germany, France or Italy think 60 € is nothing, because their salaries are big, for other countries with a worse economy within the European Union, 60 € is a lot. But there are countries with a far worse economy in the world.

But Ubisoft doesn't care about that...I don't know how the console games are priced in each country, because they're still physical. Maybe they don't care because most of their sales are from console games and not PC. Maybe that's why they thought going digital is easier for them.

Symyr
02-09-2018, 08:21 PM
I honestly don't care if they are cheaper or not, i just want my physical copy so i don't get pushed over my downloadlimit and get capped for a couple off months.I get that it's cheaper for them but they are really blocking people from playing the game with this whole digital only stuff.

andynaruto10
02-09-2018, 09:27 PM
We all have our reasons. My reason is that I'm a collector and I like collecting physical copies, especially for Assassin's Creed, which is my favorite game series. I have a huge collection and now nothing with Origins because no physical copy, damn it.

Symyr
02-10-2018, 12:48 AM
What i find weird after searching online is that i find physical editions in stores in germany, poland and in czech republic, now i'm nowhere near fluent enough in german to be able to play never mind enjoy a game in that language but if they can do it for those then why not for the other countries? If it's language barrier because they don't want to translate everything to each possible language then don't, just put it all in english i don't mind and i play in english anyway.

edit: found a a store in slowakia too (just not sure if i trust it)

KmarkoPL
02-10-2018, 01:46 AM
What i find weird after searching online is that i find physical editions in stores in germany, poland and in czech republic, now i'm nowhere near fluent enough in german to be able to play never mind enjoy a game in that language but if they can do it for those then why not for the other countries? If it's language barrier because they don't want to translate everything to each possible language then don't, just put it all in english i don't mind and i play in english anyway.

edit: found a a store in slowakia too (just not sure if i trust it)

Games in Poland usually have original English language with added Polish subtitles

You can usually get them in Mediamarkt store.

https://mediamarkt.pl/konsole-i-gry/gra-pc-assassin-s-creed-origins

andynaruto10
02-10-2018, 05:22 AM
I thought about buying from one of those countries, but I can't know if the codes are region-locked or not. If you buy it and end up not being able to activate it, you'll have to buy it again digitally.

But if they're not region-locked, that's cool. And even if the case is in german/polish/czech, the game will have English audio and subtitle for sure.

Symyr
02-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Yeah i'm really tempted but indeed not knowing if it's region locked is a bit of a drawback, also i'm curious what language the case is in. I do prefer reading what's on it even if it doesn't matter most of the time.

Drogalo
02-12-2018, 10:18 PM
I asked the Ubisoft Support for a full PC cover for my digial download version i ordered in the UbiStore and they send me the cover as image (in my case the german version) :)

NapoleonYu
02-13-2018, 02:05 AM
In china store, ACO is 368¥(gold version)=58$ today.
In US store ACO is 99$ (gold version).

But I don't like the chinese version, because it only contains English(voice only) and Simplified Chinese+Russian(both subtitle only).
I want English subtiles, along with all other languages too, so I ask Custom Service if there's a way to buy the more expensive one, despite of the country I'm living.

gibec89
02-13-2018, 06:13 AM
I want more bang for my buck! Why are we getting rid of physical copies for pcs... i like to collect!

ChasUGC1
02-13-2018, 06:51 AM
I'm not sure I like Physical copies anymore. On my console, I hate them. I hate having to search through all my game disks, mess up my PC desk with disks all over it,
and insert a disk to change my game. It is especially a PITA on a console. I like that my ACO is a digital, on my XBOX1S, ready to go.

Symyr
02-14-2018, 04:23 PM
So support got back to me and they said region locking is not a thing you'll be able to play the game, sadly i can't order from the polish mediamarkt and my country's mediamarkt says they don't bring in games from other countries even if they are the same storebrand which is annoying. So back to the web and see if i can find an english version that i can order.

Also, i get that some people don't like physical versions and like the convenience of not having to worry about disks and what not but to me it's an essential part of the game. I actually bought a game digitally once and for some reason i can't bring myself to install it let alone play it. I don't know why but it's the main reason that i don't want physical editions to go away.

SofaJockey
02-15-2018, 03:29 PM
...I actually bought a game digitally once and for some reason i can't bring myself to install it let alone play it. I don't know why but it's the main reason that i don't want physical editions to go away.

It may be time to deal with this.
Physical editions going away (particularly with PC) seems inevitable.

Symyr
02-16-2018, 01:08 AM
Well deal with this isn't really an option i think, not trying to take the easy way out but i have tried multiple times and i can't bring myself to install it even tho i love the game (evil genius if you must know) I had a pirated version for years because i couldn't find a version in a store anywhere so i thought hey let's give it a go with digital purchase. I knew i didn't like them and it actually took me a long time to convince myself to buy it on steam, also i wanted to get some money to the developers since i had played it alot. Now it sits in my library i feel awful that i bought it digitally and not have it physically. In fact i haven't even played the pirated version anymore because i'm so annoyed by it.

I know i said "i don't know why" earlier, but that's because i don't really shout this to everyone, i have autistic spectrum disorder (aspergers seems to be the more common name) so i cling to my traditions and plans more strictly then others but still i think publishers should give people the option to buy physical media directly from them. It can be on a usb stick for all i care, just stick it in a nice box and make sure i can install from it without needing internet constantly to install or play (internet falls away at times and it's not nice not being able to play at times like that). So yes if they stop making games on physical media i will not be able to buy/play games in the future and i'm really hoping it won't come to that.

Also i contacted the slowakian store i mentioned earlier and they were able to ship to me and atleast i got a physical version on the way allowing me to play the game i want to play.

thaale
02-16-2018, 12:53 PM
I am a collector of AC too.I want the Origins with a physical copy. I can't pay so much money for a piece of paper which has a licence.I f Ubisoft does not want to give the game on a cd
then they must sell it 50% cheaper. Also,i do not have a fast connection. UBISOFT DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Symyr
02-22-2018, 01:59 PM
If anybody else wants a physical version i ordered mine from www.ProGamingShop.sk and it arrived today. I used chrome to use the site translation because else i couldn't understand a word but when i contacted the people it was all in english and went smoothly. Opened it up to make sure it's an actual disk and not some stupid cardboard and that checks out too. They delivered with gls so if you want a physical version this is 1 place that can help you.

andynaruto10
02-23-2018, 08:23 AM
If anybody else wants a physical version i ordered mine from www.ProGamingShop.sk (http://www.ProGamingShop.sk) and it arrived today. I used chrome to use the site translation because else i couldn't understand a word but when i contacted the people it was all in english and went smoothly. Opened it up to make sure it's an actual disk and not some stupid cardboard and that checks out too. They delivered with gls so if you want a physical version this is 1 place that can help you.

What language is on the back of the case? What about the game manual and other papers? Can you take pictures?

Symyr
02-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Sorry for not checking back sooner but on the back of the case, the middle is in i guess slowakian could be another language too.The game manual and season pass ad stuff is in polish, czech, slovensk and magyar. All the naming stuff is still in english for branding i guess. I hoped that the languages would have included english since the front of the box said english, polish and czech so it seemed normal to me.

I can take pictures but not really necesary i think, if i look at it and compare it to my other ac cases it looks similar, only exception is the language mentions on the front. Although yes if you look close you'll notice that the text is isn't english but isn't visibly noticible. Like i said on the outside just the 3 mentions of the language and on the back the text next to and just above the pegi info symbols are not english

BurningThings
03-06-2018, 10:29 PM
If anybody else wants a physical version i ordered mine from www.ProGamingShop.sk and it arrived today. I used chrome to use the site translation because else i couldn't understand a word but when i contacted the people it was all in english and went smoothly. Opened it up to make sure it's an actual disk and not some stupid cardboard and that checks out too. They delivered with gls so if you want a physical version this is 1 place that can help you.

Do they deliver to the united states?

Symyr
03-08-2018, 01:45 AM
I honestly have no idea, i would advise asking them directly

FurkanSamed
03-09-2018, 08:10 PM
when ı First bought ac1 physcal all ı wanted rest is egypt settings to physcal. ironicly all other ac games afrer ac1 follows more smaller version of game like not able to visit 3 huge old city or huge main map. finally they made ac origins . god know other ac games beuty too mosty but they never seems the open game like orginal even ezio story separate city to one game like damn like ezio is big boss like metal gear solid lol. other ac unity sydace follows that fromula and failed misarably. only ac3 try to some horse riding with open eras but the game was bareley ok.

my ac 1 altair one stand on my roof alone many years ı even no hope after jayde raymond left the company. then ı found black flag which was ı missed somehow in series game was huge Great but all on waters and more like pirate game but ı thought then this team maybe can achieve jade raymen open World design like First game. and yes they deliver ac egypt which egypt settings can be only setting to beat fisrt game origin or followups.

in the end they delivered ac origins which is onl digital on pc.

my poor ac 1 altair one still waited on roof to ac orging complate verison pc physcal ?????.

edit: ı found 5 dvd version of game fiannaly and buyed. but in the end ı buyed ac origins two time and now ac odessy is hard to find physcaly ı know have versions.