PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to Google Play in-game

Wyrmberg
06-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Hi,
Since the launch in Norway I've been unable to start the game. The title screen shows and progresses to "downloading assets" when a in-game popup shows a "Connection Error. Log in to Google Play to play the game" dialog. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 7. I've tried disabling Game Launch / Tools.

I've chatted with several other Norwegians that have the same issue on Samsung phones, but also with others on S6 that don't have issues.

On a side note. It isn't possible to quit the app from the above screen without going into app manager and force killing it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Christian

TheChrisTBH
07-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Having the same issue, a response would be appreciated. I'm downloading the app from Sweden and using a Galaxy S6 as well.

ThatDarnSteve
07-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Please try logging out of Google Play Games, then logging back in!

TheChrisTBH
07-11-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm still getting the pop up.

http://m.imgur.com/qYSvFeB?r

Unless Google Play Games is something seperate from the Play Store?

ThatDarnSteve
07-12-2017, 12:27 PM
It is different, yes.

lostspoon55
09-17-2017, 02:44 AM
my wife is having this same problem when she tries to log in. we have logged in and out of google play, reinstalled the game, reset all the google play settings we could find, made a new google play account. nothing helps
i have the same phone (samsung s6) and am able to play the game with no problems
anything else we can try to get her game working?

UbiDomZ
09-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Google Play and Google Play Games are separate. Please try logging out of Google Play Games, then logging back in!

lostspoon55
09-21-2017, 05:33 PM
working now thanks