PDA

View Full Version : Game Freeze at end of match, Sick of problems!

Gray360UK
06-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Just had one of the best Dominions I have ever played. Joined a losing team late, scoreboard looked bad for my team ... considered using the 30 seconds grace to get the hell out of there ... but no ... I decided to fight ... and then I went on a Godlike streak, captured zone after zone, must have had about 14 kills to 0 deaths in the end, turned the tide, won the match, and just as I shoulder bashed the final enemy off a ledge in the Break ... screen freeze. No reward, no exp, no steel, no record of my 14 K/D victory, NOTHING.

This is getting beyond a joke. I have been here since the start, since the Alpha days, and EVERY WEEK there is some new problem. All of today we could not get any exp, steel or progress towards our orders because of server problems, and then I go out for a few hours, come home, sit down, play a round, and have it count for NOTHING due to another type of problem. TWO PROBLEMS IN A SINGLE DAY, and these are known issues that just haven't been fixed, or have to be re-fixed every time they go wrong again.

For Gods sake Ubisoft, this game came out in February and its soon July, when is it going to work??! :mad:

Gandhi, Mother Theresa, The Dalai Llama and Jesus all rolled into one wouldn't have the patience you are asking us to have.

UPDATE: I then have to restart my console, get back into the game, launch a Dominion matchmaking attempt and get THIS:

https://image.ibb.co/d8xfyQ/Error_png22.png

THREE PROBLEMS IN A SINGLE DAY.

Honestly, before you apologise and ask for my patience, do you honestly, truly hand on heart believe this is an acceptable mess to leave your players in 4 months after the game was launched?

I have never been so disgusted with the poor state of a game in my entire life, and I have been gaming a hell of a long time.

Archeun
06-19-2017, 11:41 PM
At this point you have 2 choices. 1. Play the game and deal with the dozens of problems. 2. Uninstall and move on to something better.

Gray360UK
06-19-2017, 11:54 PM
At this point you have 2 choices. 1. Play the game and deal with the dozens of problems. 2. Uninstall and move on to something better.

Right now I am a lot closer to option 2 than option 1.

Archeun
06-19-2017, 11:59 PM
Right now I am a lot closer to option 2 than option 1.

Most people are.

Shakti.
06-20-2017, 12:33 AM

Or just try to make people responsable by complaining about in the forum. That's fair too. This is an alpha product. I payed full price and even get steel for cosmetics, so I'd
say I'm entitled to trow mistakes in the face of people responsable of the product. We are talkin about Ubisoft the most unthrustworthy company on the planet thus far.

Netcode_err_404
06-20-2017, 12:38 AM

Actually you have option 3.

Which is to stop playing this joke game, until they fix it.

We are in full summer, if after the summer period the game will be in the same joke state, i will uninstall, both the game. Lot of games are coming out, andif for honor devs don't wake up, it will die in shame, and them with it.

Gray360UK
06-20-2017, 01:24 AM
It's sad to see it come to this but there is only so long you can push decent people to the point of breaking before they actually break.

So many people are gone from these forums. It was a different place a couple of months back. The people that care are few and far between now, we are left with a few crazy people who don't know when to quit and new people who haven't realised how bad it is yet.

I could reel off a list of names of people who really brought something to these forums, who tried, and cared, gave their input and waited ... but they are all gone now. Patience exhausted. Sad state of affairs.

ZUNniK.
06-20-2017, 01:49 AM
I have never been so disgusted with the poor state of a game in my entire life, and I have been gaming a hell of a long time.

I think we are all at the same spot at the moment. Its getting exhausting. I know problems wont be solved quick (definitely not all). But they have to give us
some sort of compensation, something we can work with. For this neverending period of bugs and disconnects. They should react, and now.
Something like double XP weekend (thats the least you can do after all this no rewarding days) or just be a little creative. Something we can actually use and enjoy, IF we can actually play this game and not staring at an error message.
But FFS, no 3day champion status. If they come with this bs again, i will probably puke all over my gamepad.
I dont want to rant but the state of the game is ridiculously pathetic. If you want people to stay UBI, you have to do something that they actually go with you through this exhausting and frustrating process.

kweassa1
06-20-2017, 04:06 AM
Just had one of the best Dominions I have ever played. Joined a losing team late, scoreboard looked bad for my team ... considered using the 30 seconds grace to get the hell out of there ... but no ... I decided to fight ... and then I went on a Godlike streak, captured zone after zone, must have had about 14 kills to 0 deaths in the end, turned the tide, won the match, and just as I shoulder bashed the final enemy off a ledge in the Break ... screen freeze. No reward, no exp, no steel, no record of my 14 K/D victory, NOTHING.

This is getting beyond a joke. I have been here since the start, since the Alpha days, and EVERY WEEK there is some new problem. All of today we could not get any exp, steel or progress towards our orders because of server problems, and then I go out for a few hours, come home, sit down, play a round, and have it count for NOTHING due to another type of problem. TWO PROBLEMS IN A SINGLE DAY, and these are known issues that just haven't been fixed, or have to be re-fixed every time they go wrong again.

For Gods sake Ubisoft, this game came out in February and its soon July, when is it going to work??! :mad:

Gandhi, Mother Theresa, The Dalai Llama and Jesus all rolled into one wouldn't have the patience you are asking us to have.

UPDATE: I then have to restart my console, get back into the game, launch a Dominion matchmaking attempt and get THIS:

Honestly, before you apologise and ask for my patience, do you honestly, truly hand on heart believe this is an acceptable mess to leave your players in 4 months after the game was launched?

Gray, if it's any solace (...probably not...) the freezing at the end of match -- I know for a fact -- is caused intentionally through lag-switches or just plain ol' cable-futzing manually when someone tries to mess the game up. I'm not sure how it is caused, but I have seen with my own eyes someone demonstrating how to do it -- and my guess as to why it happens is that the rapid repetition of connection-disconnection puts the system going into a loop between trying to resync and establish connection, and at the same time the game trying to return to the lobby screen.

I think that a delay caused by that lagswitch "loop" forces the system into either a memory spike that freezes the game, or forces a mass dump.

I also know when it's coming, in which situations it might happen. Your scenario is one of the most common -- they opponents were steamrolling us, and when we defy the odds and smack them silly with a great comeback, around the time when the last opponent is about to be eliminated syncing problems start -- indicating the guy about to die is attempting a lagswitch to turn back time a few seconds. After a few syncing moments like that, the match has a high chance of going dead.

If I'm to bet on this, I'm betting this is a player-made disaster. The devs made a mistake when they decided to go with P2P, but be that as it may, I'm not sure how we can fault them when a severely malicious lagswitching attempt causes problems like this. They can still try and strengthen the resilience of the connections even further, but frankly it can only go so far

Mia.Nora
06-20-2017, 06:35 AM
I think we are all victims of the monetization model of Ubisoft. Player retention or satisfaction rates have nothing to do with their business model, only direct sales bring them profit. That's why it is not important for them if people still keep playing 3 years after purchase or they quit on day 1.

One other thing that would have brought extra income was season passes, but since everyone who would be interested already did that for Season 2, from this point on they do not even have intensive for creating hype on S3.

Sadly I don't see any intensive for Ubisoft to even care about the state of the game at this point. They are a business in the end of the day, and their best interest are not only not inline with players' best interests, but quite cross each other.

XxHunterHxX
06-20-2017, 08:38 AM
Its ok guys soon you can buy AC and Far Cry 5 they promise them games wont be full of **** at day 1 so go buy the 800 euros box for AC hahaha i feel so sorry for the people that will buy that garbige

Gray360UK
06-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Gray, if it's any solace (...probably not...) the freezing at the end of match -- I know for a fact -- is caused intentionally through lag-switches or just plain ol' cable-futzing manually when someone tries to mess the game up. I'm not sure how it is caused, but I have seen with my own eyes someone demonstrating how to do it -- and my guess as to why it happens is that the rapid repetition of connection-disconnection puts the system going into a loop between trying to resync and establish connection, and at the same time the game trying to return to the lobby screen.

I think that a delay caused by that lagswitch "loop" forces the system into either a memory spike that freezes the game, or forces a mass dump.

I also know when it's coming, in which situations it might happen. Your scenario is one of the most common -- they opponents were steamrolling us, and when we defy the odds and smack them silly with a great comeback, around the time when the last opponent is about to be eliminated syncing problems start -- indicating the guy about to die is attempting a lagswitch to turn back time a few seconds. After a few syncing moments like that, the match has a high chance of going dead.

If I'm to bet on this, I'm betting this is a player-made disaster. The devs made a mistake when they decided to go with P2P, but be that as it may, I'm not sure how we can fault them when a severely malicious lagswitching attempt causes problems like this. They can still try and strengthen the resilience of the connections even further, but frankly it can only go so far

That's really interesting. Like you said, the most common scenario describes the game I was in almost perfectly.

Well ... I'm not sure if this makes me feel better or not. I'd literally just used the quick chat message system to say 'Good Fight! Thanks!' in the closing seconds of the match, and those words were then burned onto the screen (and into my memory) for the next 10 minutes as everything froze at that moment. Ironic really. Good Fight. Yeah ...

Sad to think people are doing this on purpose but I know people well enough to not be too surprised.

Thank you for posting this anyway :)

SKULL.The.Death
06-20-2017, 10:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FnUalYes-U&feature=youtu.be
u guy can see

Dhaleks
06-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Holy smoke, even Gray360UK is loosing his cool - that's quite an achievement. ^^'

[...]

Don't expect an answer, for some reason the one dev that does answer some questions prefer using reddit than the Ubi forums. :rolleyes:

Plutonium Bug
06-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Gray there are some good deals at Game for 2nd hand if you haven't played them yet. I picked up Wolfenstein the new order and the Old Blood and The Rise of the tomb raider for 18,-
So 6 a game without bugs or disconnects! and awesome gameplay. I had enough of the disconnects so playing them in the mean time. Will keep an eye out to see if there are any fixes.

Netcode_err_404
06-20-2017, 01:29 PM
It's sad to see it come to this but there is only so long you can push decent people to the point of breaking before they actually break.

So many people are gone from these forums. It was a different place a couple of months back. The people that care are few and far between now, we are left with a few crazy people who don't know when to quit and new people who haven't realised how bad it is yet.

I could reel off a list of names of people who really brought something to these forums, who tried, and cared, gave their input and waited ... but they are all gone now. Patience exhausted. Sad state of affairs.

These moments when you feel offended. :(

Gray360UK
06-20-2017, 01:49 PM
These moments when you feel offended. :(

Haha ... err ....

The people on the list I could reel off are all gone. That's not the same as all the people like that being gone.

Or something.

;)

Supercool5150
06-20-2017, 05:15 PM
I have had that error playing vs AI and we were winning big. Hard to believe someone would do that (use lag switch) in that situation. Unless they're just ****s.

MasterChiefPON
06-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Actually you have option 3.

Which is to stop playing this joke game, until they fix it.

We are in full summer, if after the summer period the game will be in the same joke state, i will uninstall, both the game. Lot of games are coming out, andif for honor devs don't wake up, it will die in shame, and them with it.

I'm very patient and when I experience a strong rage inducing moment in the game I rage a little bit, then suck it up or take a break for the day and all good. I'm gonna give the game a chance until November and if it's in a much better condition by that time, I stay, and if not I just uninstall.

Netcode_err_404
06-20-2017, 05:32 PM
I'm very patient and when I experience a strong rage inducing moment in the game I rage a little bit, then suck it up or take a break for the day and all good. I'm gonna give the game a chance until November and if it's in a much better condition by that time, I stay, and if not I just uninstall.

SAME, without a doubt, smartest possible move

RatedChaotic
06-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Right there with you Grey. I've been here since the betas and wanted this game to succeed. But as time goes on its just getting worse. Not better. I play it less and less each week. When these new releases come out. I will not return to these forums. I've tried to bring some issues to light. but was always met with negative criticism. Look back on these forums during beta times and see the first person that brought up the concern of afk farming. Ya it was me(on these forums). Yet I was bashed for it and a few weeks later it was a huge problem.

This could've been the title of the decade if it was made by someone other than UBI.

And No Ubi Its not Skull and Bones that I'm waiting on. I learned my lesson with The Division and For Honor. The only time I will play your games is when its on xboxs free games of the month.

Dhaleks
06-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Bump.

If you're affected by this, make sure to leave a comment in the Q&A thread for the next stream.

UbiNoty
06-22-2017, 01:29 AM
I'm so very, very sorry to hear that Gray. All I can do right now is apologize and hope you can try to be patient with us for a bit longer. We put in the quit-penalty to prevent rage-quitting to promote better network stability, and next up for us will be to stop people who maliciously try to abuse the system to give themselves an advantage.

Yes, our P2P model has definitely had it's problems, and we've been trying and seeing some slow improvement. Our intention with P2P was to circumvent the inevitable lag/packet loss problems that come with a dedicated server, but our current model has also came with it's own problems that we're trying to resolve. There is definitely still room for improvement and I can't really share many details, but we're still working to explore other ways and options to improve on the connection issues.

Once again, my deepest apologies for the rough experience Gray.

And yes! - everyone please feel free to leave your questions with us for our Q+A (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1691964-Community-Questions-Post-Here) - me and UbiJurassic do our best to represent you all, but you can make your voices heard to the devs too!

Mia.Nora
06-22-2017, 02:18 AM
I'm so very, very sorry to hear that Gray. All I can do right now is apologize and hope you can try to be patient with us for a bit longer. We put in the quit-penalty to prevent rage-quitting to promote better network stability, and next up for us will be to stop people who maliciously try to abuse the system to give themselves an advantage.

Yes, our P2P model has definitely had it's problems, and we've been trying and seeing some slow improvement. Our intention with P2P was to circumvent the inevitable lag/packet loss problems that come with a dedicated server, but our current model has also came with it's own problems that we're trying to resolve. There is definitely still room for improvement and I can't really share many details, but we're still working to explore other ways and options to improve on the connection issues.

Once again, my deepest apologies for the rough experience Gray.

And yes! - everyone please feel free to leave your questions with us for our Q+A (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1691964-Community-Questions-Post-Here) - me and UbiJurassic do our best to represent you all, but you can make your voices heard to the devs too!

It is really sad that, your message is a very sincere one and almost feels like as good as it gets in terms of response.

However, this has been going on for 5 months now. People point out obvious unacceptable state of technical stability of the game, a very sincere apology comes with request of patience and promises of improvement.. Yet 5 months later here we are...

Tundra 793
06-22-2017, 02:56 AM
I agree completely with Grey and Mia, and pretty much everyone else posting in the thread.

@UbiNoty While I appreciate the sentiment in your post, the issues we're still facing, should not even have been in the game at launch. We've waited over 5 months for fixes now, and we're not much better off than when we started.

Literally every other multiplayer game on my Xbox, I can fire up and with an astounding measure of certainty, finish the very first game I join.
With For Honor, 5 months after launch, Green NAT and all, It's damn near assured that I won't finish the game, and even if i do, it won't be smooth. There will be re-synch's and lag.

I'm patient. I want to love For Honor, and see it succeed and go on to spawn annual releases that ensures I'll be sick and tired of it in 3 years time. But there has to be limits to what we can endure here man. Since launch I've played Berserker almost exclusively, one of the classes that suffer the most under the Turtle Meta. Between that, and the connection issues, I'm seriously disheartened. I can't muster any real motivation to keep supporting a game that, hard as it may try, can't quite seem to fix fundamental and obvious issues.

I can't take any more of vague answers and non-existent deadlines.

At this point, I need to hear something solid about what's being done, and when we can expect it.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm so very, very sorry to hear that Gray. All I can do right now is apologize and hope you can try to be patient with us for a bit longer.

You are the light that still works when you open the door of an otherwise broken fridge :)

I am not done just yet, I am insanely stubborn and refusing to give in is one of my greatest strengths / weaknesses (I'm not sure which applies, haha)

Dhaleks
07-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Bump...

I wanted to play a dominion without MM today during my break : my first & only match ended with that ******* freeze...
I don't see any fix for it in the changelog of the next update; question : is that changelog definitive? Is there any hope for a fix to be pushed with 1.09 or is it going to be another month+ of waiting/hoping for one?

Dhaleks
07-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Second match, another freeze...

I'm done.

lllWARCHILDlll
07-06-2017, 04:16 PM
I hear ya. I have 1 friend that has shelved the game and is patiently waiting, out of the 30 some that the majority traded it in (they have been my gaming group for over 2 decades), he's giving it up after the next patch and after that if it's not working he'll be the last out of my clan who held out the longest.

My connection speeds (60ish-down/40ish-up) are beaten by his connection speeds (90ish-down/90ish-up), and HE has more problems with this games "Advanced Peer-to-peer" than I do. I've seen his connection photos from Ookla and his IP provider. AND his game freezes over and over regardless of cache clearings, re-installs, and sacrifices to pagan gods. That's on TOP of all the other issues with the apparent inability to give a damn and failures of proficiency on UBIs behalf.

That freeze at the end of a match is similar to #2 on the list in this post:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679066-Look-at-this-literal-absolute-mess-(games-4-month-history)?p=12679768#post12679768

There really aren't any excuses any more from "Ubisoft Montreal" that can justify this abomination of ineptitude and forever-failing-problem-solving-actions.

When it comes to For Honor, everything that's happened since prior to this games launch and the apparent "nonchalant and lack of motivation enacted by them in fixing.... well, ANYthing in a timely manner...

my entire clan now refers to them as "UBI-SLOTH MONTREAL".

Breikas.
07-06-2017, 09:10 PM

It is very well possible that it can be recreated like this, but this freeze at the end of a game, right before the scoreboard can even happen when it's just you playing vs AI.
I feel this is an important thing to stress.

Dhaleks
07-07-2017, 12:50 PM
It is very well possible that it can be recreated like this, but this freeze at the end of a game, right before the scoreboard can even happen when it's just you playing vs AI.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/giphy.gif

The_B0G_
07-07-2017, 02:31 PM

I have been losing the last of my patience as well, I love the game when it's working well and a certain character isn't in the match.

That being said I have been buying and re-downloading old games lately and haven't played FH in about a week or two.

I really hope some of the major technical issues and balancing are fixed before the next big game releases because that will probably finish this game for me and many others.

Dhaleks
08-05-2017, 04:18 PM
When the heck are the devs going to fix this issue?
How in the world can they think it's a good idea to introduce tournaments and ranked mode when such a game-breaking bug has been spoiling the game for 6 months?

This is pathetic.

Jarl.Felix
08-05-2017, 04:26 PM
When the heck are the devs going to fix this issue?
How in the world can they think it's a good idea to introduce tournaments and ranked mode when such a game-breaking bug has been spoiling the game for 6 months?

This is pathetic.

I have this experience every 3 games.

It's funny that in a year probably we will have dedicated servers. Wanna bet with me that For Error will be the first game in history who will have alot of problems with dedicated servers ?

Dunno, it's something with the devs ... i can't explain... perhaps incompetence ?

XxHunterHxX
08-05-2017, 06:34 PM

that is what pisses me off since when its you vs people you can blame the p2p but when its JUST you and the ai and you still ghet black screen then you know its a problem of the game itself

R-a-g-e.
08-05-2017, 09:06 PM
I also experienced this today again.
The match was over and we won but the match did not stop.
My team and me have been waiting some minutes and then the dominion match just restarted.
We still had all our points and kills but the dominion match restarted and we had to take all the zones again.

The bug exists since the release. I cannot understand that they do not fix this.
But hey, they released a great roadmap that shows what they have done until now to fool potential customers.

Haplo_Bane
08-06-2017, 12:50 AM
Fellas fellas fellas. It should be obvious by now they were always going to R6 this game. It will come out with a "complete 2nd year edition" with dedicated servers. They obviously made enough money with this format to justify treating their customers this way. So don't expect things to get better before then. Why do you think they left their worst devs behind on the skeleton crew? What makes anyone think they'll fix the current P2P when they had no intention of keeping it? Treat it like a little hobby beta game,because that's exactly what it is. I give it 3 strikes now.I log in,and once it stuffs up 3 times,bang,I'm off. Sometimes I get a few orders done, sometimes none. My aim with 'For honor' now is 1. Take my time slowly leveling characters up,use the next 6 months as prep time. 2. Do not take this game seriously.Not fun,don't play. 3. When the new 2nd year customers arrive, DESTROY THEM. In summary: There are a lot of developers out their that actually care about their jobs and their reputation and they are making GREAT games( BIG SHOUT OUT TO BETHESDA). Give them your money. Since purchasing,getting a refund and rebuying this game a lot cheaper(Australian) I have not given ubiSOFT a single cent. I am currently addicted to FORTNIGHT made by the ORIGINAL gears of war crew. Ironically it's still in closed beta format,but I've yet to come across a single bug or glitch. Amazing what some developers can do . I think this is my last post 'till 2nd yr edition. There's nothing really more say about this game that hasn't been said then ignored or patronized. Peace out (distant sound of mic dropping)

Dhaleks
08-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Fellas fellas fellas. It should be obvious by now they were always going to R6 this game.

Is it? I haven't played R6, was it really that broken 6 months after release?
Anyway, if any of you wonders : this issue is still happening in season 3...

This is truly the crapiest game I bought this year... Man, I was so dumb to buy a ubisoft product again. :/

RatedChaotic
08-17-2017, 03:53 PM
Is it? I haven't played R6, was it really that broken 6 months after release?
Anyway, if any of you wonders : this issue is still happening in season 3...

This is truly the crapiest game I bought this year... Man, I was so dumb to buy a ubisoft product again. :/

Yep...aint that the truth. Greys been gone for a bit. Makes me miss him seeing his thread still going strong. My son plays R6 every day. He finishes more games there than I can finish here.

Stahlrusse
08-17-2017, 04:08 PM
This game is like accepting candy from a stranger. Sometimes you eat it and it tastes nice. Sometimes a razor blade is in it.

You bought the game and they already have your money. They just don't care that the game runs like ****, they know it perfectly well.

Sometimes the game runs fine and sometimes it does not. That keeps players with a bit of tolerance for frustration in the player base but Ubisoft really could care less, since you cannot return your game to where you bought it and Ubisoft already made profit off of you. Ubisoft knows that you actually like the game concept and that this makes you return again anytime you get kicked out of a game totally frustrated.They tell you that they are looking for fixes but the game runs like **** since release and nothing changed. It is 6 months now and the same problems persist. This game should not have left early alpha status but they do not care, because people buy it anyway.

They are a company that wants to make money and only care about money. Customer satisfaction, once the customer has already paid for the product, is not in their interest.
Bring out a few superficial changes to the game so that people think "oh they are actually working on something!" but they are not, unfortunately. Slightly revamping a single player map for a multiplayer map is what they did. Introducing "legendary gear" that still looks the same as the gear types before. Hero unbalances that go "unnoticed" for months although almost every week there are sound arguments for changes. Nothing changes. They also know that a stable connection is far more important than any of the other cosmetics they introduce regularly, which they do to keep the dogs - us - fed.

They know that if the game is playable for once people like it. They know that people like it so much that they return even after continuously getting kicked out of games together with other connection issues such as lags/swallowed input/delayed input and so forth. And since this is a big company people can delegate responsibility to either their boss or supervisor, because they are either "on a budget" or because of other things. Or they say that this is simply not their job.