4. He doesnt have that much health

Why r u guys crying

SaschoS
06-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Write again when he will be nerfed

x_Senduko_x
06-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Hmmm where should i start.

This char is overall in a too good position. Soft feint attacks into Gb, MASSIVE stamina pressure stupidly strong wall combos and .

u say dodge his kicck but this is the joking aspect if u miss 1 u are ****ed. cuz his kick or better his dash is the start of the 50/50 game in his moveset. same cancer like the warden 50/50 game

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Hmmm where should i start.

This char is overall in a too good position. Soft feint attacks into Gb, MASSIVE stamina pressure stupidly strong wall combos and .

u say dodge his kicck but this is the joking aspect if u miss 1 u are ****ed. cuz his kick or better his dash is the start of the 50/50 game in his moveset. same cancer like the warden 50/50 game

He cant do **** if u roll from the kick

x_Senduko_x
06-18-2017, 12:41 PM

Same excuse like all the warden faceroller do. and whats after that? u lost stamina and the **** is starting up again so rolling is not an effective defence mechanic.

Gastgrinder
06-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Centurion should not be nerfed, here's why:

1. he's easy to punish if u dodge his kick
2. U can parry all of his attacks
3. U can dodge punches

Why r u guys crying

Why do people answer to such sh*t

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Why do people answer to such sh*t
U answered gg git gud

XxHunterHxX
06-18-2017, 01:49 PM
U answered gg git gud

This is why they should nerf the **** out of the centurion so people with no skill can go back to crying how they cant win

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 01:51 PM
This is why they should nerf the **** out of the centurion so people with no skill can go back to crying how they cant win

1v1 me if u got xbox

Pillow_Hands
06-18-2017, 02:02 PM

3. U can dodge punches

Why r u guys crying

The problem isn't those, though. The problem is that he can cycle through a full combo, and not have ran out of stamina still. He is able to continue to play and respond, while other heroes in the same position would have ran out of stamina. Even a vortex spamming ****** playing Warden will run out of stamina soon. The other problem has nothing to do with you dodging his attacks, it has everything to do with him just having to turtle up, because he gets insanely good punish off a single parry. A single light parry can net him a 90 damage confirmed combo, for instance.

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 02:03 PM
The problem isn't those, though. The problem is that he can cycle through a full combo, and not have ran out of stamina still. He is able to continue to play and respond, while other heroes in the same position would have ran out of stamina. Even a vortex spamming ****** playing Warden will run out of stamina soon. The other problem has nothing to do with you dodging his attacks, it has everything to do with him just having to turtle up, because he gets insanely good punish off a single parry. A single light parry can net him a 90 damage confirmed combo, for instance.

That's not true, u can feint attacks for a reason, try to make him parry and u parry him. Kensei can counter cent ez for example woth his swift strike.

SenBotsu893
06-18-2017, 02:07 PM
another one trying to save his new favourite op character from the long deserved nerfhammer.

you cant defend against his kicks and jabs externaly. furthermore he snares you on the spot with his charged ones. drains your stamina while he has the biggest stamina pool in the game BY FAR

Centurions needs a nerf. and a big one at that

Pillow_Hands
06-18-2017, 02:11 PM
That's not true, u can feint attacks for a reason, try to make him parry and u parry him. Kensei can counter cent ez for example woth his swift strike.

Except the Cent can feint his own heavy after seeing you feint yours? Any decent player does that.

Existentialmeme
06-18-2017, 02:13 PM

3. U can dodge punches

Why r u guys crying

you talking in terms of duel and brawl or 4v4s?
either way:
1. yes it's easy, but the punish for failing to dodge is HUGE
2. you can parry ANY character's attacks, so yeah get a better argument than this.
3. same as #1
4. Shinobi also doesn't have much health, yet he's nerfed, what's the difference?

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 02:16 PM
either way:
2. you can parry ANY character's attacks, so yeah get a better argument than this.
3. same as #1
4. Shinobi also doesn't have much health, yet he's nerfed, what's the difference?

Shinobi runs

Beyond.You
06-18-2017, 02:24 PM
buff pk, nerf centurion!

Vakris_One
06-18-2017, 02:25 PM

3. U can dodge punches

Why r u guys crying
1. He can just spam heavy feint into guardbreak all day long in that case. His kick isn't his only method of initiating a 4 hits and your dead combo.
2. Most of his attack speeds make Assassins look slow and add his heavy feint into GB in the mix and good luck trying to parry.
3. Cool. But who says he'll start with a super predictable punch every time?
4. He has average health but he has a bucket load of stamina because his moves don't use up his stamina much. The fact that he can spam lots of high damage/low risk moves is the problem.

Sorry buddy, Centurion is getting nerfed. Devs have confirmed they are going to do so, best to just deal with it. They've sworn to be gentle :)

Mia.Nora
06-18-2017, 02:30 PM
Why are you guys feeding the troll? Just put him on ignore and move on.

Existentialmeme
06-18-2017, 02:33 PM
Shinobi runs

okay sure, what about the 3 other points? no comment?

Vakris_One
06-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Firstly: the Cent can feint his heavy after he sees you feint yours. High level players do it all the time.

Secondly: The Kensei can't punish the Cent as well as the Cent can. No character in the game can punish you like the Centurion can - that's a problem. If the Cent parries you or corners you he can bring you down to one bar from full health with his 4 hit combo. For squishy assassins he insta-deletes them. That's a steep price to pay for making one mistake against the Cent.

kweassa1
06-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Dunno about nerfs, but the darned bug/glitch abuses sure needs to be removed, wouldn't you agree? :rolleyes:

● tracking-lunge glitch abuse

https://youtu.be/2E9UJhBHxYE

● unlock-fake GB abuse

https://youtu.be/k0jFImHoVEg

● glitched heavy-soft feint-GB abuse

https://youtu.be/8UEB40GTgkI

● charged heavies ignoring Uninterruptables and forcing "pin" (03:21 ~ 03:27)

https://youtu.be/IN3tnuU9mk8?t=186

So I'm not really against the cent in terms of "balance", but in terms to glitch and bugs, and people abusing the heck out of them, cent's got no excuse at all. Need all the exploits grinded out of the class, because as it is I've never seen any other class with any number of "bug abuse techs" so numerous as the cent. :D

bmason1000
06-18-2017, 03:15 PM
other than the unlock one, i don't understand the problems in these videos? And before anyone jumps down my throat, itd literally that i don't understand, not that i think these "glitches" are acceptable.

The first one especially. He lunges really far but i don't see any glitch abuse in it?

kweassa1
06-18-2017, 03:32 PM
other than the unlock one, i don't understand the problems in these videos? And before anyone jumps down my throat, itd literally that i don't understand, not that i think these "glitches" are acceptable.

The first one especially. He lunges really far but i don't see any glitch abuse in it?

He's not supposed to lunge that far. The furthest lunge move he has is eagle talon, and the distance he traveled is easily twice the range of eagle talon. The hvy soft feint into a GB is an abnormal feint without any feint indication/limitations associated with feint-GB moves -- you directly go from the attack indicator into the GB indicator, you don't spend stamina associated with feinting as well. The fastest attack-feint-GBs are the ones assassin classes have -- and even that has limitation in the "extra time" that requires a "feinted" motion, as well as extra stamina cost.

Shugoki UI is one of the highest grade of UI in game, only surpassed by Demon's Embrace which stops at nothing -- except it's just penetrated by full charge heavies. It doesn't even need to be the UB version -- a normal full charged attack will ignore all forms of UI in game, force a pin and into a guaranteed full charged jab + 35-ish damage eagle talon.

They're ALL product of glitches.

Antonioj26
06-18-2017, 03:42 PM

Yeah I agree, These are things that should be changed but I wouldnt call them bugs or exploit abusers

1. Lunge distance is probably farther than it should be but PKs running grab has similar range. I'll post videos later tonight of tests I did. They aren't the most scientific but to the naked eye they are close enough that if there is a difference its negligable. Either would should be nerfed a bit

2. It sorta depends on if whiffing the quick gb always had the intention (or was over looked)of no recovery frames. If this tech eliminates the recovery frames than I agree with you but I think its honestly just an oversight on Ubi. I'm sure they didnt think anyone would try this or its possible they didnt think of the scenario of knocking someone off a ledge with the light and whiffing the gb. Also another huge factor is if the opponent actually sees the GB icon. This should be changed to not have zero recovery frames and it shouldn't show GB icon unless locked onto enemy.

3. This one is part of his kit and its a crucial mixup tool for him. I personally think this on is fine where its at.

4.Not really his fault, another one of ubis slip ups. Is he suppose to avoid using his key tools against UI because ubi screwed up and let him bybass them? Another one that should be fixed but not the fault of the player.

Antonioj26
06-18-2017, 03:48 PM
He's not supposed to lunge that far. The furthest lunge move he has is eagle talon, and the distance he traveled is easily twice the range of eagle talon. The hvy soft feint into a GB is an abnormal feint without any feint indication/limitations associated with feint-GB moves -- you directly go from the attack indicator into the GB indicator, you don't spend stamina associated with feinting as well. The fastest attack-feint-GBs are the ones assassin classes have -- and even that has limitation in the "extra time" that requires a "feinted" motion, as well as extra stamina cost.

Shugoki UI is one of the highest grade of UI in game, only surpassed by Demon's Embrace which stops at nothing -- except it's just penetrated by full charge heavies. It doesn't even need to be the UB version -- a normal full charged attack will ignore all forms of UI in game, force a pin and into a guaranteed full charged jab + 35-ish damage eagle talon.

They're ALL product of glitches.

Agreed that the lunge shouldn't be that far but I don't think thats a glitch, I think ubi is just that dumb and they let a character have that range. I'll have to compare other heavy soft feint into gbs later to see if you are right about that. The stamina usage also might not be easy to notice since his stamina pool is so huge. Another one where I don't think its a glitch, and by the way even demons embrace won't connect on a shugo with armor. It's just another thing where I think ubi wanted to let cent get the pin but didn't realize how stupid that is.

kweassa1
06-18-2017, 03:49 PM
Yeah I agree, These are things that should be changed but I wouldnt call them bugs or exploit abusers

1. Lunge distance is probably farther than it should be but PKs running grab has similar range. I'll post videos later tonight of tests I did. They aren't the most scientific but to the naked eye they are close enough that if there is a difference its negligable. Either would should be nerfed a bit

2. It sorta depends on if whiffing the quick gb always had the intention (or was over looked)of no recovery frames. If this tech eliminates the recovery frames than I agree with you but I think its honestly just an oversight on Ubi. I'm sure they didnt think anyone would try this or its possible they didnt think of the scenario of knocking someone off a ledge with the light and whiffing the gb. Also another huge factor is if the opponent actually sees the GB icon. This should be changed to not have zero recovery frames and it shouldn't show GB icon unless locked onto enemy.

3. This one is part of his kit and its a crucial mixup tool for him. I personally think this on is fine where its at.

4.Not really his fault, another one of ubis slip ups. Is he suppose to avoid using his key tools against UI because ubi screwed up and let him bybass them? Another one that should be fixed but not the fault of the player.

That's why I said it's not a balance problem. It's a glitch/bug problem -- which all are in one way or another a result of oversight.

And honestly, the heavy-soft feint-GB is not an intended part of the "kit" -- I can bet my left nut on that, Antonio. It doesn't respect any of the common rules observed in all forms of similar feint mechanics in game. Nothing just moves into one category of attack directly into another without going through associated procedures.

That's why if they want to keep it as a kit, then it needs to be used like all other feing-into-GB attacks in association with the feint button, needs to cost stamina in all 3 steps -- heavy attack, the feint, and the GB, and also needs to have the "this attack was feintede!" flashing as an reflex indicator which people can react upon. The hvy-soft feint-GB has none of those. Costs only base GB stamina, no "feinted!" indication, and no corresponding delay time in between. Just from the attack indicator directly changing into GB indicator.

SirCorrino
06-18-2017, 04:01 PM

The first one is my video. It's not a bug as such, it's just utterly ******ed. He's a close range character, he shouldn't have a charged heavy that stuns and lets him move that far to catch someone.

Antonioj26
06-18-2017, 04:01 PM
That's why I said it's not a balance problem. It's a glitch/bug problem -- which all are in one way or another a result of oversight.

And honestly, the heavy-soft feint-GB is not an intended part of the "kit" -- I can bet my left nut on that, Antonio. It doesn't respect any of the common rules observed in all forms of similar feint mechanics in game. Nothing just moves into one category of attack directly into another without going through associated procedures.

That's why if they want to keep it as a kit, then it needs to be used like all other feing-into-GB attacks in association with the feint button, needs to cost stamina in all 3 steps -- heavy attack, the feint, and the GB, and also needs to have the "this attack was feintede!" flashing as an reflex indicator which people can react upon. The hvy-soft feint-GB has none of those. Costs only base GB stamina, no "feinted!" indication, and no corresponding delay time in between. Just from the attack indicator directly changing into GB indicator.

I'll have to compare pks soft feint and centurions side by side. I haven't noticed a difference between the two, that's not to say there isn't. Well whether we want to call them bugs or oversights they should all be tweaked

kweassa1
06-18-2017, 06:15 PM
I'll have to compare pks soft feint and centurions side by side. I haven't noticed a difference between the two, that's not to say there isn't. Well whether we want to call them bugs or oversights they should all be tweaked

Probably better to compare with Orochi heavy-feint-GBs, since (while probably similar in reality) Orochis just feel a lot faster... and my impression is, from the receiving end, the cent hvy-soft-feint-GB is even faster than that.

Of course, it's still a GB, and once you know about this abuse exists, then it's a bit more tricky version of the normal GB that requires a bit faster reaction... fast enough to miss the CGB timing totally if you for once lose sight of it in your mind. I think I usually CGB around 6~7 of those out of total 10.

But IMO it's more about the principle -- hence, if indeed people should consider a part of the cent kit, then it needs to play by the rules.

AKDagriZ
06-18-2017, 06:25 PM
he does not fall when you parry his unblockable out of stamina
It is very hard to regen your own stamina agaisnt him
The worst part is :
i think i am a decent player.But when i play with an average centurion i always feel like one single mistake , one single parry missed and the whole round is lost.So how new player may be able to keep up with this guy ? i think of relative new player who try to learn there class against a centurion.

Antonioj26
06-18-2017, 06:38 PM
he does not fall when you parry his unblockable out of stamina
It is very hard to regen your own stamina agaisnt him
The worst part is :
i think i am a decent player.But when i play with an average centurion i always feel like one single mistake , one single parry missed and the whole round is lost.So how new player may be able to keep up with this guy ? i think of relative new player who try to learn there class against a centurion.

I will say that he does seem to stomp average and lower players far harder than any other class before and with minimal skill required on the cents end. I feel like his effectiveness is at like a 10 for those that are at the middle skill spectrum and below and more manageable at the higher end of the population.

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 06:54 PM
All the guys blaming the heavy charge feint into guardbreak, its the same thing PK has, stop crying if u roll away he cant even dmg u nor guardbreak u. Same with warden vortex.

Velentix
06-18-2017, 08:59 PM

do you play on console or pc? I play on pc and you can't do anything to him if you dodge the kick, can't gb him, the best I seem to able to do is hit him with a light, but even then he still gets his heavy in (as long as it isn't the charged unblockable) and as much as I like trading a light for a heavy, I usually just run from that move and stay away now. Is this a bug or is the kick supposed to be unpunishable like this?

CalZeray
06-18-2017, 09:12 PM
you kids need to go try out conq he's basically like cent but he can't attack.

Vakris_One
06-18-2017, 10:33 PM
All the guys blaming the heavy charge feint into guardbreak, its the same thing PK has, stop crying if u roll away he cant even dmg u nor guardbreak u. Same with warden vortex.
The only person here that's crying is you dude. Cent's getting nerfed so just deal with it like a grownup and adapt.

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 10:38 PM
The only person here that's crying is you dude. Cent's getting nerfed so just deal with it like a grownup and adapt.

I bet ur a shinobi main

Vakris_One
06-18-2017, 10:42 PM
I bet ur a shinobi main
Nope. Kensei.

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 10:43 PM
Nope. Kensei.

Aha hes so bad.

S0Mi_xD
06-19-2017, 12:11 AM
Aha hes so bad.

Guys just don't pay attention, he is a troll ....

UbiJurassic
06-19-2017, 02:22 AM
It's already confirmed that Centurion nerfs will be coming and the development team is actively working to finalize the changes we would like to make to him. Once that's done, we will be looking to let players know what those changes are and when they will be going live.

Arkhos1988
06-19-2017, 03:07 AM
So keep the ides for changes secret, so nothing can be done if 90% of the playerbase says, that won't work or is too much. Legit strategy ubi

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 03:11 AM
So keep the ides for changes secret, so nothing can be done if 90% of the playerbase says, that won't work or is too much. Legit strategy ubi

Or maybe they are untested and aren't ready yet to announce. Could be glitches or could make things worse. Would also be detrimental to retract a change if it doesn't work or if it just goes too far.

SnugglesIV
06-19-2017, 05:34 AM
either way:
3. same as #1

1) Stamina drain, slight stall on stamina regen and a light. Oh no. Woe is me.
2) Yeah, but it's especially true for people complaining about full charged heavies which are 100% committed and easily parried.
3) Same as 1. Also, it's not hard to dodge. I can't believe people keep memeing about "BUT THE PUNISH IS YUUUUGE!" and conveniently forget how easy it is to dodge.
4) Shinobi had a kick which was a genuine 50/50 after DD (GB or kick-heavy) and was safe unless you could GB him before he could kick or you were Nobushi and could Hidden Stance the kick into free two lights. Centurion and Shinobi are not comparable.

SaschoS
06-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Geared shinobi is too fast. If Warden's bash would worked like Shinobi's football move... oh man

SaschoS
06-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Geared shinobi=Centurion GG

JibletHunter
06-20-2017, 04:48 PM
1) Stamina drain, slight stall on stamina regen and a light. Oh no. Woe is me.
2) Yeah, but it's especially true for people complaining about full charged heavies which are 100% committed and easily parried.
3) Same as 1. Also, it's not hard to dodge. I can't believe people keep memeing about "BUT THE PUNISH IS YUUUUGE!" and conveniently forget how easy it is to dodge.
4) Shinobi had a kick which was a genuine 50/50 after DD (GB or kick-heavy) and was safe unless you could GB him before he could kick or you were Nobushi and could Hidden Stance the kick into free two lights. Centurion and Shinobi are not comparable.

Charged heavy is not hard to dodge. . . unless the move's broken tracking spins him 180 degrees and gets you the highest damage punish in the game. I have been hit behind cents, back rolling, through pillars, and around walls.

it is like you didn't even try to make a honest comparison. FYI, cent can now kill a shinobi on 1 light parry with his unlock tech zone (which does 90 damage (100 if you have hay-maker)). 30 for the pin, 10 for the punch, 25 for the first zone, and 35 for the second zone (bc unlock glitch)= 100. This is without revenge or gear stats, and you take an extra 25 damage if you attempt to parry the last swing of his zone as you get up (because it is unparryable).

SirCorrino
06-20-2017, 04:51 PM
It's already confirmed that Centurion nerfs will be coming and the development team is actively working to finalize the changes we would like to make to him. Once that's done, we will be looking to let players know what those changes are and when they will be going live.

Honestly, unless those nerfs come this week, it will probably be too late to matter much. You have let this go on for far, far too long. He should have been nerfed alongside the Shinobi at the very latest. If you couldn't find a way to do that without nerfing him in 1v1, that's just too bad, it had to be done. Now you've lost many more players than you would have by nerfing him in 1v1, and you will continue to lose more every day until he is nerfed in 4v4.

I also expect a very good reason for why the team knowingly released him in this state, and then have taken so long on top of that to fix it during this week's livestream. It's honestly inexcusable and reflects extremely badly on the development team.

Antonioj26
06-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Charged heavy is not hard to dodge. . . unless the move's broken tracking spins him 180 degrees and gets you the highest damage punish in the game. I have been hit behind cents, back rolling, through pillars, and around walls.

it is like you didn't even try to make a honest comparison. FYI, cent can now kill a shinobi on 1 light parry with his unlock tech zone (which does 90 damage (100 if you have hay-maker)). 30 for the pin, 10 for the punch, 25 for the first zone, and 35 for the second zone (bc unlock glitch)= 100. This is without revenge or gear stats, and you take an extra 25 damage if you attempt to parry the last swing of his zone as you get up (because it is unparryable).

It's 75 damage. I've yet to see any proof of it doing more than that. You're the only one I've seen make the claim that it's 90. Even if you were right about the unlock tech the first charged heavy only does 25 damage, his unblockable does 30 when fully charged but not the first. 5 hp might not seem like a difference but it's enough to keep shin alive and also enough to survive Two parries instead of just one for shugo. It's still way too much but we have to make sure we are right.

JibletHunter
06-20-2017, 05:17 PM
It's 75 damage. I've yet to see any proof of it doing more than that. You're the only one I've seen make the claim that it's 90. Even if you were right about the unlock tech the first charged heavy only does 25 damage, his unblockable does 30 when fully charged but not the first. 5 hp might not seem like a difference but it's enough to keep shin alive and also enough to survive Two parries instead of just one for shugo. It's still way too much but we have to make sure we are right.

I guess this guy just made it up as well. . . http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...nerf-centurion

The extra 10 damage is sporadic, and I cant seem to do it on command, yet it is still possible. Just because you have not experienced it does not mean it does not exist. Also, i give different figures to account for feats. Just because you personally have not seen the extra 10 damage, does not mean it does not occur, It is not my job to prove this to you. However, I see I added the extra 5 damage to his charged heavy, so I apologize. 75-85 damage without gear (85-95 damage with hay-maker). So yes, it can still kill shinobi. Even if you dont happen to get the extra damage on the second swing of the zone, congrats shinobi, you have 10-20 health left after a light parry. In 4's you are dead if the cent prioritizes attack and defense pen.

So thank you for the correction with the 5 damage. I revise my original to 75-95 damage depending on the extra 10 (independently corroborated above) and the hay-maker feat. Again, you personal experience is tangential and does not mean something that multiple people have experienced cannot occur.

Also, as for your not seeing evidence of it, I have only been able to find 4 gifs and one video showing the glitch. That is not exactly a huge sample size.

P.S. still waiting on that PK lunge video you said you recorded. Interested to see if it is as intense as cent tracking is and can go around walls.

As for the poster below, I have not personally seen this glitch with the haymaker dealing extra damage. However, unlike antonio, i dont believe that just because I have not seen it personally it does not exist. Plus I found this video- https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6ec7g6/is_this_a_confirmed_bug_yet_or_still_no_word/

This being said, all of the above are bugs and should be fixed separately from balance considerations.

SirCorrino
06-20-2017, 05:21 PM
I guess this guy just made it up as well. . . http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...nerf-centurion

The extra 10 damage is sporadic, and I cant seem to do it on command, yet it is still possible. Just because you have not experienced it does not mean it does not exist. Also, i give different figures to account for feats. Just because you personally have not seen the extra 10 damage, does not mean it does not occur, It is not my job to prove this to you. However, I see I added the extra 5 damage to his charged heavy, so I apologize. 75-85 damage without gear (85-95 damage with hay-maker). So yes, it can still kill shinobi. Even if you dont happen to get the extra damage on the second swing of the zone, congrats shinobi, you have 10-20 health left after a light parry. In 4's you are dead if the cent prioritizes attack and defense pen.

So thank you for the correction with the 5 damage. I revise my original to 75-95 damage depending on the extra 10 (independently corroborated above) and the hay-maker feat. Again, you personal experience is tangential and does not mean something that multiple people have experienced cannot occur.

In addition to that, Haymaker is bugged and occasionally deals 30-40 damage instead of the regular 10ish.

Antonioj26
06-20-2017, 05:37 PM

Also, as for your not seeing evidence of it, I have only been able to find 4 gifs and one video showing the glitch. That is not exactly a huge sample size.

P.S. still waiting on that PK lunge video you said you recorded. Interested to see if it is as intense as cent tracking is and can go around walls.

As for the poster below, I have not personally seen this glitch with the haymaker dealing extra damage. However, unlike antonio, i dont believe that just because I have not seen it personally it does not exist. This being said, all of the above are bugs and should be fixed separately from balance considerations.

Not saying it doesn't exist or you are making it up, I'm saying that I've yet to see it in the 30 or so times I attempted to replicate this. The link you shared isn't opening up for me but it could be my phone. No need to apologize but misinformation spreads quickly so that's why I say I've yet to see proof, you saying that the initial heavy does 30 damage is a prime example. I've seen you post that number a few times now and I'm sure there are some people who believe it, and The same thing easily could happen with this extra 10 damage you are talking about. I'm not forcing you to prove it but it seems silly to make a claim with nothing to back it up. If I told you that I could kill you with one zerk light due to a glitch then I'm sure you would want some proof before you believed it.

JibletHunter
06-20-2017, 05:39 PM
Not saying it doesn't exist or you are making it up, I'm saying that I've yet to see it in the 30 or so times I attempted to replicate this. The link you shared isn't opening up for me but it could be my phone. No need to apologize but misinformation spreads quickly so that's why I say I've yet to see proof, you saying that the initial heavy does 30 damage is a prime example. I've seen you post that number a few times now and I'm sure there are some people who believe it, and The same thing easily could happen with this extra 10 damage you are talking about. I'm not forcing you to prove it but it seems silly to make a claim with nothing to back it up. If I told you that I could kill you with one zerk light due to a glitch then I'm sure you would want some proof before you believed it.

The first link is another post claiming the exact thing, which predates my post. Open it on a computer perhaps? Also 10 damage is less then a half a bar. It is easy to miss.

Antonioj26
06-20-2017, 05:40 PM

As for the poster below, I have not personally seen this glitch with the haymaker dealing extra damage. However, unlike antonio, i dont believe that just because I have not seen it personally it does not exist. Plus I found this video- https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6ec7g6/is_this_a_confirmed_bug_yet_or_still_no_word/

This being said, all of the above are bugs and should be fixed separately from balance considerations.

K I'll post that video today when I get home, no one spoke up when I said I would if anyone asked but I will. I also don't deny the existence of some I hear until I see it, I'm just skeptical. Pretty big difference.

SirCorrino
06-20-2017, 05:42 PM
K I'll post that video today when I get home, no one spoke up when I said I would if anyone asked but I will. I also don't deny the existence of some I hear until I see it, I'm just skeptical. Pretty big difference.

That video is the following GIF:
https://gfycat.com/SkinnySelfassuredEmperorshrimp

It shows the Haymaker bug I mentioned where it sometimes deals 30-40 damage.

Antonioj26
06-20-2017, 05:42 PM
the first like is another post claiming the exact thing, which predates my post. Open it on a computer perhaps?

Will when I get home, still wouldn't prove anything other than someone else could also be spreading misinformation.

JibletHunter
06-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Looking forward to the videos. Ill compare them to the cent videos I posted in the previous thread. I though i asked previously, but maybe I am mistaken.

Antonioj26
06-20-2017, 05:44 PM
That video is the following GIF:
https://gfycat.com/SkinnySelfassuredEmperorshrimp

It shows the Haymaker bug I mentioned where it sometimes deals 30-40 damage.

Ah proof of a claim, my favorite. Thank you sir.

Antonioj26
06-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Looking forward to the videos. Ill compare them to the cent videos I posted in the previous thread. I though i asked previously, but maybe I am mistaken.

Np I also tested centurion too, again it's not exactly an exact science or a perfect experiment but I do think it showcases that the differences aren't as stark we think.

JibletHunter
06-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Will when I get home, still wouldn't prove anything other than someone else could also be spreading misinformation.

Its called corroboration. If it is admissible as probative evidence in criminal trials, it should be considered pobative evidence on a video game forum (different from proof). So yes, it does not prove anything, just like i cant prove the sun will rise tomorrow (its just highly likely), It does substantially increase the odds of it being true.

But you are a "skeptic", so i guess you gaaaahhhdddaa see it.

JibletHunter
06-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Np I also tested centurion too, again it's not exactly an exact science or a perfect experiment but I do think it showcases that the differences aren't as stark we think.

If there are not firm metrics and a slow motion grid comparison, then it really does not "prove" anything.

sgtpickles
06-20-2017, 07:31 PM

I hope to dear god you give the poor man some health when you nerf him. My Nobushi murders those poor Centurion/Shinobi ganks already.

SaschoS
06-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Oh how I miss beta

KiahsRevenge
06-20-2017, 10:31 PM
If you can't see why he needs to be toned down then you can't see past your own hubris. First of all PC and consoles are completely different. I play on consoles so this is where I am coming from. Even the shinobi can be stupid at times I have a 4 shinobi and I can just spam light attack all day long. As much as I like the shinobi I can see how unfair an unfun this kind of play is. In 4v4 modes having one or two cents on your team or the opposing team is what makes the game. You say to just dodge his attacks. Ok let's follow through this cracked thought process. I am fighting a warlord things are going in my favor. All of the sudden a cent comes from my blind spot kicks or punches me. I am ether on my *** or stuned ether way am now open in a 1v2 situation to attacks. Sure I might be able to block a few moves maybe dodge a cents kick but inevitable my stamina will be gone wether it comes from cents stamina draining or me trying to stay alive by dodging. ether way I am screwed. thats just one poorly worded scenario for you out of countless others.

I can see all cent tools now. Learn to dodge "git gud " i laugh when I see all the tools on this forum throwing that around. those phrases ladies and gentlemen are for children and emotionaly deficient adults to use. which is what 85 percent of this player base is.

Antonioj26
06-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Not sure what happened to Jiblets posts but I'll go ahead and respond anyway just in case he is still lurking. The thread you wanted me to look at wasn't letting me on my PC either but based on the last 2 words on the url "nerf centurion" I think I found the thread you were talking about since it says that which you have been parroting.

https://imgur.com/iLQuwO3

As you can see, the centurion is doing zone attack while the guy is down. You guys think its normal. But here comes it:

He used the unlock tech. So, the third heavy from the zone attack is UNPARRYABLE.

Also, it does 10 MORE DAMAGE! If ppl try to parry, the eat 100 damage in total with that combo. 25 damage per hit....

Fix this please ubi. Also, fix unlock tech more, nobushi can still abuse it with their light attacks.

He said that if all 3 zones hit thats 100 damage total. The damage value you've been throwing out there doesn't include the 3rd hit. He also doesn't specify what does 10 more damage. He sorta contradicts himself by saying that too since all of those attacks do 25 damage so you would get 100 damage total, where does the 10 damage come in? Heres the video I was recorded the other day. I suck at editing and I know its not a perfect test. It would be way better to do on a PC but this still shows that the attacks have very similar ranges. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwUUfizIAso

dragon7jdc
06-21-2017, 05:10 AM
Dont nerf cent. if you dont beleive us and think we are cry babies. just play a different hero against cent and see how it goes.
i win against every hero as an orochi. but the hardest fights are against cent.
i understand if you want to have an easy win, thats okay. but dont deny that he needs nerfing.

Aarpian
06-21-2017, 10:37 AM
They're not glitches, that guy is just a ****ing idiot. The Softfeint into GB is listed in his moveset, and PK has exactly the same thing. The tracking on the unblockable is not a bug, it just tracks well.
The only one that even resembles a glitch is that pins go through hyper armour - but that's not something Cent players are capable of exploiting, it's just how the game works at the moment.

Draghmar
06-21-2017, 10:38 AM
Heres the video I was recorded the other day. I suck at editing and I know its not a perfect test. It would be way better to do on a PC but this still shows that the attacks have very similar ranges. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwUUfizIAso
Hm...I think you used different attack for range test then it was used in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E9UJhBHxYE
Or maybe you were just testing this one?
Also there is tracking through corner in FH. You will need to be locked and many classes can do it if you dodge at wrong time.

dragon7jdc
06-21-2017, 11:00 AM
i hope centurion doesnt get nerfed at all. who are we kidding here. instead of nerfing him we should bring the season 1 heros to his and shinobi"s level of fight.
Ask yourself. do want centurion nerfed and have the rest of the heros only have 1-3 really good moves. while cent and shinobi still have their kit. or old heros have more to play with ?
I mean we are already beating cent and shin in matches. Imagine if we can do more stuff like them.

Draghmar
06-21-2017, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure I want all classes to work like Cent does - one mistake and you're almost dead without stamina to counter attack. And BTW Cent has only few good moves that are just too good. The only thing that makes any balance here is that you can dodge some of them to get GB. But even this has some limits. For example I often can't GB kick as Nobushi because Cent will continue with (probably) light attack.

Dude_of_Valor
06-21-2017, 12:27 PM
Question for all. Does a Shugoki UI attack still go through if they have lost their Hyper Armour?

The video that was posted on page 4 (i think) shows the centurion kick into a heavy attack nullifying the Shugoki's UI attack. I assume this happened because the Shugoki lost his hyper armour.

Antonioj26
06-21-2017, 01:49 PM
Hm...I think you used different attack for range test then it was used in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E9UJhBHxYE
Or maybe you were just testing this one?
Also there is tracking through corner in FH. You will need to be locked and many classes can do it if you dodge at wrong time.

No it's the same attack, first I test the pk, then the cents first heavy, then the tracking around corners, then the second heavy which is the attack in the video you posted.

Capoupacap
06-21-2017, 01:56 PM
He has to be reworked for the exact same reason conqueror has been. He deal way too much damage for a singe mistake.

Draghmar
06-21-2017, 02:00 PM
No it's the same attack, first I test the pk, then the cents first heavy, then the tracking around corners, then the second heavy which is the attack in the video you posted.
Oh, ok. Sorry I thought you did only two tests there.
I wonder though how much impact would have bad timed dodging there or even moving back.

Antonioj26
06-21-2017, 02:09 PM
Oh, ok. Sorry I thought you did only two tests there.
I wonder though how much impact would have bad timed dodging there or even moving back.

Lag probably plays a huge part too

kweassa1
06-21-2017, 02:09 PM
Question for all. Does a Shugoki UI attack still go through if they have lost their Hyper Armour?

The video that was posted on page 4 (i think) shows the centurion kick into a heavy attack nullifying the Shugoki's UI attack. I assume this happened because the Shugoki lost his hyper armour.

The video of the Shugoki vs Cent fight at time stamp 03:21 and onward shows the charged heavy ignoring UI. The Shugoki was not hit prior to the charged heavy landing -- it looks like both parties were hit prior to the event, but you can see the Shugoki HP didn't change at all, indicating the Shugoki landed his UB charged heavy.. and still had the UI intact. Also, when the Cent charged heavy lands you can see the "flash" that occurs when the UI shield is lost from a hit -- the Cent charged heavy simply ignored the UI.

Happens against ALL UIs -- uninterruptables are interrupted by Cent charged heavy.

Shizzle117
06-21-2017, 02:11 PM
What do you do vs two cents? how is this hero balanced for 4v4 / 2v2? i understand in 1v1 you can deal with him its tough but possible hes very easy to play and do extremely well but what about when two cents gang bang you... there's no counter play lol

sgtpickles
06-21-2017, 04:11 PM
So... so many people are confusing P2P links combined with input lag and slow connection speeds to actual attack range. It's not tracking issues... it's your dodge timing. If the P2P link still thinks you are in range, he would leap from hell to heaven on your screen. It would be even worse on dedicated servers without P2P.

It's not centurion for the most part. It's P2P and poor internet that causes most of the "tracking issues". Developers test on LAN and not on the open net with house Wifi...

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-21-2017, 04:32 PM
What do you do vs two cents? how is this hero balanced for 4v4 / 2v2? i understand in 1v1 you can deal with him its tough but possible hes very easy to play and do extremely well but what about when two cents gang bang you... there's no counter play lol

well there's a few schools of thought posited on how one should deal with 2 or more Centurions,

Centurion Mains, who we all know are the masters of the gaming Universe tell us that we just need to "Git Gud" ,"Just Dodge" or some combination of both, now some critics have suggested that Centurion Mains cling to this mantra to place firmly your inability to deal with their Character on your lack of skill, not the fact that their character is so ridiculously overpowered that they are in effect bringing a Gun to a Knife fight,

Ubisoft have hinted that they will introduce in the next patch a new balancing feat for non Centurions called "Git Gud", when you trigger "Git Gud" all of you moves become un-blockable, all blows landed cause stamina drains, you get both shields, Heals & Catapult strikes, oh and of course "Git Gud" completely ignores the Revenge mechanic, Ubisoft are doing this so we too can all become as Gud as those amazing Centurions,

now in the meantime until they have gathered enough data to implement "Git Gud" you can either A.) Quit Playing 4v4, B.) Become a Centurion or C.) screw this Sh&t and go and make yourself a lovely cup of tea.

i myself have opted for C.

Kaijudub
06-21-2017, 05:57 PM
i want a git gud feat!!

Temjinyuy
06-21-2017, 07:32 PM
I used to be Pro Nerf but not any more/

Centurion Does need to be tweaked.

The solution is to Buff Revenge so knockdown, Stun and Pins have no effect apart from Damage.

AzureSky.
06-21-2017, 10:17 PM
The thing that needs a nerf is the cc spam in 4vs4 with ALL characters, centurion is not the problem.

They should add cc inmunity frames if someone stacks them (one on top of the other) so you dont recieve the cc and they are trow back (kind of like after a failed guard break) and make it so if you are in revenge and they stack they fall to the ground. This way people will actually use their brain and if you stack you get punished.

DeLatv
06-21-2017, 11:01 PM
Ur right OP! Dont nerf centurion! DELETE HIM FROM THE GAME AND ALL ITS ASSETS SO U CANT BRING HIM BACK...

brashtralas
06-21-2017, 11:04 PM
The thing that needs a nerf is the cc spam in 4vs4 with ALL characters, centurion is not the problem.

They should add cc inmunity frames if someone stacks them (one on top of the other) so you dont recieve the cc and they are trow back (kind of like after a failed guard break) and make it so if you are in revenge and they stack they fall to the ground. This way people will actually use their brain and if you stack you get punished.

While I completely agree with this, that solution will not work with the centurion. All he needs is one round of CC and you're dead. You survived? The reduced CC effect won't be enough for you to survive a second round. And that's ignoring multiple enemies.

Then take into account that half the centurions arsenal is, in fact, CC, and no amount of diminishing returns will balance him. He's designed too differently than other characters.

Many say he is balanced 1v1, but he's really not. His tracking is questionable, and he's the only hero that doesn't play by the trading blows handbook. How often does anyone actually "block" a centurion? Not often, because his whole arsenal is CC, GB, UB, pinning, and feint into GB.

It's simply not fun. And that's the bottom line.