PDA

View Full Version : Brave Challenge by UBISOFT

Solidus_Sly
06-17-2017, 08:49 PM
This is one of my most wanted games in the coming months. The main reason, why? Egyptah. Im fine with is not being called Tameri or Kemet because I understand this is coming from a western POV, however I notice a lot of racist commingts latey on the fact that the charater seems dark or speak like a black man. However let honestly and not bianess determine the truth.

If he is a MEDJAY ARCHER then he would belong to the Beja Tribe which is apart of the Afar people modern time. No Arab or Sub-Sharan but still black. Yes there are area of grey..https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-123f3f651e4b70a87227cb5846ab8402-c

What im hoping for shake do this game justice and talk about the HYKSOS aswell not make the Nubians the bad ones; like only show one side of king Tut chest ;) . Also, bring up OSIRIS god of the perfect black who represents Nature. SUMMER/SPRING/FALL/WINTER.

Or talk about PTAH and the TWA tribes, BES, pygmies. I can go on. Just my thoughts.

As you can tell I study Egypt a lot and can go even futher but for dear GOD shake don't this game.

Make a great game.

Black_Widow9
06-17-2017, 10:40 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Since you're new to the Forums, please know racism or hate of any kind is not welcome or wanted here and will not be tolerated. This game was made by people from many backgrounds, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, etc. Assassin's Creed has always been an inclusive community and all of our players and peoples of any background are welcome.

Thanks

Solidus_Sly
06-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Im just saying when it comes to contemporary gameplay, thinking out the box helps. I would love to play as a Pygmy assassin, think about it?

megamasa94
06-18-2017, 06:10 PM
not sure what you tried to accomplish here.. im sure you mentioned alot of 'black' .. bayek isnt black enough for you? or you dont like his haircut? you know talking about skin color here can get you crucified..
just imagine someone wrote 'i want bayek to be white skin'...damn

Solidus_Sly
06-20-2017, 02:45 AM
not sure what you tried to accomplish here.. im sure you mentioned alot of 'black' .. bayek isnt black enough for you? or you dont like his haircut? you know talking about skin color here can get you crucified..
just imagine someone wrote 'i want bayek to be white skin'...damn

Literally every decision previously was someone saying this assassin in this game is going to be White, so what your point. I want the game to feel authentic, not like a Hollywood failure.

Also why is Upper Egypt called "Thevies Lands" WTF? Like thats a slap in a face to anyone who studies Egypt unbaisly; given their many invaders and you choose to call where Nubia is located Theives lands, like really Ubisoft? Like the Greeks, Persians, Cannanites weren't theives.
http://i.imgur.com/OIjIglx.png

ze_topazio
06-29-2017, 07:41 PM
Also why is Upper Egypt called "Thevies Lands" WTF? Like thats a slap in a face to anyone who studies Egypt unbaisly; given their many invaders and you choose to call where Nubia is located Theives lands, like really Ubisoft? Like the Greeks, Persians, Cannanites weren't theives.

Dude what? that's not Upper Egypt, that's a small region in that map.

cawatrooper9
06-29-2017, 07:47 PM
Yeah, it's probably just an area of the map where thieves are. Maybe it'll play into the story or something, showing the brotherhood's origins with their relationship with thieves and stuff.

Being called a thief anywhere outside of an AC game is typically not a good thing, so literally anywhere on the map could've been a place that people might take offense to. I don't think it's meant to be a specific label to any people or culture.

Megas_Doux
06-30-2017, 02:40 AM
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OIjIglx.png[/IMG

Solidus_Sly:

I would have liked to experience Amarna, Abydos, Thebes, Philae, Edfu and such. .The truth is that Egypt just has TOO many interesting places and we just can't have it all. You know, the end I do understand why the developers focused in Lower Egypt.

See, back in the Ptolemaic times Upper Egypt had lost the "power" and influence accumulated back in the days of the New kingdom. I mean, if this was set during during those days instead, it would've been more balanced if not the other way around.

As I said not only above but many times, I wish we visit those places but if not, so be it. I have quite a few concerns with this game, but the "World" and its location is definitely NOT one of them......

Oh and Tomb Robbery was not exclusive to European "gentlemen" for the sake of archaeology and sassy video game protagonists with big breasts. It's old as the tombs. That place listed in the map as "Thieves land" could perfectly be the Valley of the kings because of that and not to represent the whole Upper Egypt Region and its people like "thieves" out some sort of agenda or something....