PDA

View Full Version : #askbeyond

Epheremy
06-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Since we have so many questions, why don't we just ask them here with the hashtag #askbeyond? Poor Michel can't answer everyone on Instagram alone.

My questions:

#askbeyond 1) Is a prequel something you already wanted to do back in 2003? And is the plot of the game going to be the same you had planned for the trilogy after the release of Beyond Good & Evil 1?

#askbeyond 2) Are you ever going to release the official soundtrack of the first game? We already have the tracks but most of them are missing or are with in-game sounds.

Have fun!

bl4ckgriffin
06-17-2017, 06:53 PM
#askbeyond: Will you keep the same inventory system from the first game with the pouch; AI Secundo, transferring items from one character to the other including for vehicles?

IRISNetwork
06-17-2017, 08:41 PM
It's a nice idea but... I doubt Michel will find our question here?

Legion-495
06-17-2017, 09:11 PM
Okay so who makes the bot that feeds #askbeyond questions into twitter?

BTW I wanna #askbeyond if the Prequel actually still goes along with the old trilogy plans.

Epheremy
06-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Okay so who makes the bot that feeds #askbeyond questions into twitter?

BTW I wanna #askbeyond if the Prequel actually still goes along with the old trilogy plans.

Is it really possible to create a bot like that? If yes, it would be great!

Legion-495
06-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Is it really possible to create a bot like that? If yes, it would be great!

Well the bot would be going through the websites and search for #askbeyond in sentences, that is super possible. However the issue is the character limit, we need someone that is able to program the thing and furthermore host it(on a raspberry pi or something).
Friend of me worked with a twitterbot for his diploma, but he usually doesn't care about anything^^
So he will not do that work. Besides that could get abused very easy.

It's quite some work to handle strings that said barebone text in a program. I know about that stuff(You go crazy on C I swear).
I worked at my schools server for the diploma. Not much compared to a bot, but in the same neighbourhood. You would need to be able to use websockets and stuff. IMO that is complicated as hell.

I'm not really big into it. Very subjective and once you know such stuff it seems so easy.

Epheremy
06-17-2017, 09:48 PM
Well the bot would be going through the websites and search for #askbeyond in sentences, that is super possible. However the issue is the character limit, we need someone that is able to program the thing and furthermore host it(on a raspberry pi or something).
Friend of me worked with a twitterbot for his diploma, but he usually doesn't care about anything^^
So he will not do that work. Besides that could get abused very easy.

It's quite some work to handle strings that said barebone text in a program. I know about that stuff(You go crazy on C I swear).
I worked at my schools server for the diploma. Not much compared to a bot, but in the same neighbourhood.

Well, then we just have to hope someone from the BG&E team will find this thread and answer to us...

Legion-495
06-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Well, then we just have to hope someone from the BG&E team will find this thread and answer to us...

We would need to ask the devs if they will make a AMA thread or something.

Epheremy
06-18-2017, 02:45 AM
We would need to ask the devs if they will make a AMA thread or something.

What about a Telegram group where we can only post questions with the proper hashtag and the team answers to us?

SuperBiscotCOT
06-18-2017, 11:41 AM
The awesome CM in charge of BGE, that is Ubi Jimonthy, will come here and send the question of the community, don't worry :)

And if there is a Q&A in preparation, he will tell us or he will take some questions from here ;)

Ubi-Jimothy
06-19-2017, 01:36 PM
@SuperBiscotCOT <3

Hello hello folks. As Biscot has kindly said above, I'll be collecting all of these questions and offering answers where I can. If I don't personally have the answer myself, I'll make sure that the team are aware and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!

Always happy to help, so please don't hesitate to poke me with a PM if there's any pressing issues!

All the best, and thanks for these interesting questions! I'll get on them right away :)

Regards,

Jimothy.

Epheremy
06-19-2017, 02:00 PM
@SuperBiscotCOT <3

Hello hello folks. As Biscot has kindly said above, I'll be collecting all of these questions and offering answers where I can. If I don't personally have the answer myself, I'll make sure that the team are aware and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!

Always happy to help, so please don't hesitate to poke me with a PM if there's any pressing issues!

All the best, and thanks for these interesting questions! I'll get on them right away :)

Regards,

Jimothy.

You're awesome. Thanks for all the time you're devoting to us, have a wonderful day!

Ubi-Jimothy
06-19-2017, 02:08 PM
You're awesome. Thanks for all the time you're devoting to us, have a wonderful day!

Aw, no problem at all Epheremy! It's a pleasure to be here with you guys :)

Have a great day,

Jimothy.

Legion-495
06-19-2017, 03:46 PM
#askbeyond which graphics API is used(All versions of the game)?
#askbeyond which engine to you use now(maybe a bit detail on it?)?Voyager
#askbeyond Did you test the engine in someway? I guess you did and is there anyway that we are able to run those tests ourselfs? Just would like to see that.
#askbeyond Do you intend to use a looting system as both Witcher3 and Zelda seem to have one? Because it should be a bit similar(In freedom) to those Ancel said.
#askbeyond Any chance of getting the planned target specs for the PCs? Or are there even any?
#askbeyond Is this engine you use free to access for anyone, sold or closed to public?
#askbeyond Will there be a UWP(Universal Windows Platform) version of BGE2? Is one planned?
#askbeyond Any chance we see 21:9 support?
#askbeyond Will the game feature normal resolution settings or scaling based on screen resolution?
#askbeyond Will the multiplayer allow players to see each other with the actual created character or a placeholder like in WatchDogs?
#askbeyond Since there is somekind of early tech demo how far is that one in terms of basic stuff like movement and animations?
#askbeyond Is the game sponsored or supported by Gameworks/Nvidia, AMD/OpenGPU or Intel?
#askbeyond Does the game use Havok physics engine? If not how do you make physical stuff?
#askbeyond Will the game feature a lot physical objects? Like the glass we saw breaking in the trailer
#askbeyond Will there be Gunplay?
#askbeyond Is the player using only one weapon kinda like Jade with her super cotten swab?
#askbeyond Will instant travel between Planets work? Like I boost away with Lightspeed and I'm directly at the next planets atmossphere?
#askbeyond To advance does the player need XP?
#askbeyond Do enemies have levels?! I'm afraid of that.
#askbeyond Is the Prequel actually still going along with the old trilogy plans or were there major changes?
#askbeyond How does the Dev-Team feel while answering my... probably a bit way overboard questions? :D

I'm out of questions... for now. xD I like #askbeyond if you didn't notice
Thanks that you try to answer^^
I think I asked stuff that is answerable for the most part. I'm into Detail ;)

CulturalLemur
06-19-2017, 03:56 PM
I have quite possibly the most important question of them all...

...will there be more than one flavour of K-Bups in BG&E2?

Legion-495
06-19-2017, 04:11 PM
I have quite possibly the most important question of them all...

...will there be more than one flavour of K-Bups in BG&E2?

#askbeyond Will all items we saw in BGE get a comeback and or are different like in flavour as CulturalLemur asked and therefore feature new colors on each use?(Like Smarties?) Take it as random idea just for fun.

#askbeyond What are the currencies for this game?
#askbeyond How many Hybrid types are there to see and play? Any chance we get a list of those?
#askbeyond Do planets communicate with eachother like for police duty and so on?
#askbeyond Will the devs hide themselfs in the game for a easteregg?(Like a group photo)
#askbeyond Will testers have to see something new if the final version gets released? Will things be added? (I expect us to only test a fragment of the game to be real).
#askbeyond Is crafting a idea for the game?(IMO I hope not)
#askbeyond Does the game feature a Inventory(like the first BGE) and that with unlimited place?
#askbeyond Are access cards a thing again? And Codes to open things?
#askbeyond Any chance since we test the game anyway(sooner or later) to directly buy the thing(Now)?
#askbeyond Steamrelease?
#askbeyond Will testing go over Uplay/Ubisoft?
#askbeyond Do you care about Anticheat or do you not since it's a coop game?
#askbeyond How many are in the MonkeySpaceProgram now?
#askbeyond Was the Trailer outsourced or made in house?
#askbeyond Plans changed quite fast from not E3 to E3. Was there any reason for that besides showing that Ubi got that going? Was the idea of the program the reason that changed?

I'm annoyed. I forgot a question. Anyway I'm out of questions again.
But I will get a comeback!

@Jimothy You should probably list all questions in a post with the answers or no answers. To avoid that anyone asks the same(Or a own thread for #askbeyond answers).

Thanks for doing that and sorry for my questions.
Please don't hate me :confused:

IRISNetwork
06-19-2017, 04:33 PM
I think some of these questions people are asking are valid and would be helpful to know, however I think a lot of them might be pushing it and asking for a lot of Michel and team. Most of the questions, I actually doubt they can all answer with certainty at this moment in time. A lot of them i'd rather discover through playing the game myself.

That being said expect a question or two from me later :)

Legion-495
06-19-2017, 04:38 PM
I think some of these questions people are asking are valid and would be helpful to know, however I think a lot of them might be pushing it and asking for a lot of Michel and team. Most of the questions, I actually doubt they can all answer with certainty at this moment in time. A lot of them i'd rather discover through playing the game myself.

That being said expect a question or two from me later :)

Hey they decide what to answer(They super won't spoiler you) ;) so I think that's fine.(Besides I work too while BGE time is in france)
I took care to not ask about the story and for the most part technical things.
I'm fine with not getting a answer to the question. I just wanted it to be asked.

Maybe... I will ask your question faster. I'm so evil.
Have fun I will from now on only ask questions or answer things directed to me here. Otherwise I bloat the thread.

bl4ckgriffin
06-19-2017, 05:04 PM
Aw, no problem at all Epheremy! It's a pleasure to be here with you guys :)

Have a great day,

Jimothy.

so glad to have some of you devs actualy offer to answer fan questions but i hope you might ask questions of us too. I am sure you have a few ideas going among you for each game feature and i hope you might consider including us in choosing some of them by posting pools and listing the options

CulturalLemur
06-19-2017, 05:37 PM
Hey they decide what to answer(They super won't spoiler you) ;) so I think that's fine.(Besides I work too while BGE time is in france)
I took care to not ask about the story and for the most part technical things.
I'm fine with not getting a answer to the question. I just wanted it to be asked.

I think you're going a tad too far anyway. I undestand that you are oozing with excitement (just like all of us in here), but I don't think that devs will be willing to answer even half of your questions at the moment. Patience is a virtue, mate :)

Legion-495
06-19-2017, 05:40 PM
I think you're going a tad too far anyway. I undestand that you are oozing with excitement (just like all of us in here), but I don't think that devs will be willing to answer even half of your questions at the moment. Patience is a virtue, mate :)

Well, we will see anyway. I doubt that too(I even mention to go way overboard). Or for me only one question everyday(I beg for at least 5). I'm out of ideas what I could ask anyway(Like stuff that seems important).
Just see it as a summed up pool of questions I would have seperated in many posts.
Patience... well waited 15 years and I'm happy to be able to ask stuff^^ First E3 I watched live. NO REGRETS. I lost my Patience the second I realized how cyberpunk the trailer looks at the streets and the titles they had(Ubisoft) that showed up now and then(BGE) and the pig was just the save point where I was 100% certain. I'm hyped 24/7 a year now.

Even if they would hate me, I still support them... with all my heart^^
I simply just asked all my important questions right away, with I think 4 more silly ones tho. I'm sorry for that , but it was offered and I took it... I took the hand instead of a handshake that was offered... I know:(. But enough of that. :rolleyes:

Ask your questions guys. Ignore my spam of questions.
It is on the Devs to decide my fate.:nonchalance:
Guess they at least will remember me in someway(If they smack me outta program)... But i gotta defend myself. I think my attention to detail will help at troubleshooting.:)

EDIT: I have proofen myself by showing a bug with the new forum interface! Which is fixed now(super fast I gotta say). Enough punishment.
I was a bit in panic that I gotta wait for a fix for several days if not weeks. I'm done for today.

bl4ckgriffin
06-19-2017, 06:54 PM
1. Will we have an AI like Secundo?
2. Will the player character have a melee and ranged weapon?
3. Will the player race give us a different origin story that we can play like in Dragon age Origins?
4. Will we be able to buy many kinds of vehicles or are all of them obtained by story progression?
5. Can we upgrade our vehicles and gear?
6. Since you said there will be a submarine, will there be swimming in the game?
7. Will we be albe to play as other crew members or take them with us in the party?
8. Will we have space fights?
9. Will we control the ships flight in space or will it be just fast travel?
10. Will each crew member have a designated weapon type or can we equip them with anything we have?
11. Will there be multiple posible crew members in the world that have the same function say an engineer for example that we can recruit? And if so will recruting one make recruiting the rest imposible?
12.Can you recruit everyone or is there a limit ?
13. Will ships have a limit on how much you can upgrade it ? for example will the beluga have a maximam of 8 lives ( wrenches)? because if i find a model i realy like i want to use if, not change it if it becomes outclassed soon after.
14. Will pearls be once again the only currency for buying ship upgrades or ships in the new game? If so please don't make them limited to a small number i like to be a completionist in my games and dont like choosing between doing x or y.
15. will there be branching storys based on your choises?

Legion-495
06-20-2017, 06:57 PM
#askbeyond Is there a chance to see GOG Xconnect for (the first)BGE? Or a small rework of the PC version to get it running flawless again? It's quite a big workaround(if even working) to get the game at a level where I would consider it playable.

chadl123
06-20-2017, 11:56 PM
#askbeyond Is there a chance to see GOG Xconnect for (the first)BGE? Or a small rework of the PC version to get it running flawless again? It's quite a big workaround(if even working) to get the game at a level where I would consider it playable.

I would really love to see the PC version reworked, especially considering that the game isn't playable on PS4, so a number of people are missing out on the experience

Gryma-
06-21-2017, 02:00 AM
i've the best #askbeyond :

- When demo gameplay come out ? :D

Legion-495
06-21-2017, 02:40 PM
i've the best #askbeyond :

- When demo gameplay come out ? :D

A Interview disclosed it. By the end of the year(at the time I got my new Vega GPU) or maybe early 2018.
I already asked if we get the engine demo tho. We gotta wait for the dev answer but I doubt we will get it.

I would really love to see the PC version reworked, especially considering that the game isn't playable on PS4, so a number of people are missing out on the experience

Well I actually got it running in windowed with DxWnd with everything turned on and set to highest settings. There is a way to launch it in steam with DxWnd, however a native solution would be nice. And I really need a mousecam while driving the hovercraft. Steering it with the mouse is super weird^^.
For a 2003/4 game... that is still amazing. The fact that it stills runs somehow on newer hardware/software impresses me.

It is unlikely to see a PS4 port I guess. I think PS3 used a cell processor which was a very unique thing. So they would probably have to recode it since I guess PS4 uses OpenGL(becuz it runs a Sony Linux). To say it simple. They would need to make the game again for new consoles even if they have the old files^^.(Of course would they use old installments and files from those for that replica).

crazyLoudmouth
06-22-2017, 09:16 PM
I know it's only the beginning and I'm not asking for a release date, that would be stupid, but my question is:

How many years at least do you plan to work on BGE2?

Metallic_Blade
06-23-2017, 12:01 AM
1.) How many species of hybrids could be playable with the character creator?
2.) Will all of the created playable hybrids be unrestricted to specific genders?
3.) Will the character customization be extensive enough so we can change face/body structure?
4.) Possible physical release for PC?
5.) Will there be a quick or manual save option?
6.) Will there be multiple save slots?

Urpo96
06-23-2017, 11:40 AM
#askbeyond The following question contains a bit of spoilers for the first game. Read at your own risk

Hello! Super thrilled about the announcement of Beyond good & evil 2 (the first one being one of my favorite games of all time). I just had a quick question I'd like to know.

In the first game, there's a segment where you travel with the hovercraft to the Nutripills factory using some sort of waterway access. Once you get through the coded door, you can access the "sewers" of the nutripills factory, where you get a glimpse of the cargo crates with people, Double-H being tortured and the creepy shining tracks of the Reaper/Spirit-eater. This part of the game was so creepy and atmospheric(specially the part where the Reaper appears X.X), that it managed to scare me as a youngster, which made me love the game even more.
Wondered if you plan to make these kind of scary segments in the new game? Or maybe anything something of the sort? The game already looked VERY atmospheric in the cinematic trailer alone, but would love to get some of that "creepy" atmospheric feel in the pre-sequel as well!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and have a nice day!

MentalNoob
06-26-2017, 10:53 PM
all the questions in this thread are so random and obvious to the development process. Even i have a hard time just reading them, i cant imagine how it must be for the developers.
I would just stick with normal reasonable questions that are appropriate to the development stage of the game and not bombard the dev team with questions that will be answered in the alpha and beta stages of the game.

WiwarK9
06-27-2017, 02:52 PM
Will we have an AI like Secundo?
The skull where dakini put the mdisk is the IA of the ship ancel said it

Will the player race give us a different origin story that we can play like in Dragon age Origins?
Doesn't know the anwer but i think it must have some impact on the game if you play a human or a hybrid is game changing

Will we be able to buy many kinds of vehicles or are all of them obtained by story progression?
DLC a lot of DLC with a season pass too

Since you said there will be a submarine, will there be swimming in the game?
considering there is a shark hybrid that would be dumb if it was not the case

Will we be albe to play as other crew members or take them with us in the party?
Yes and Yes

Will we have space fights?
Look at the artwork + at the Big space ship + Ancel said the smaller space ship was a dogfighter + the gameplay of the dogfighter looks really like a starfox

Will we control the ships flight in space or will it be just fast travel?
They will not bother to show you how you can go out of the athmosphere if everything would use fast travel

When demo gameplay come out ?
Somewhere between end 2017 and start 2018

#askbeyond The playstation 5 rumors have already started if the PS5 come out let's say end 2019 will we ever see the game on the PS4 or not ?
#askbeyond What is your stance on game where you must be connected to play offline ?
#askbeyond Does the space monkey programm selection is random or there is a way to increase your selection ?
#askbeyond How much people who worked on BGE 1 is working on BGE 2 ?

Legion-495
07-05-2017, 02:50 PM
#askbeyond Will the passive NPCs handle physical objects? Like do they carry for example a purse?

Ubi-Jimothy
07-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Hey folks,

Just to pop a little update in here for you. We're gathering allllll of your questions up still, and we'll pop some answers to you as soon as we can. Some of the questions may be a little too complex for us to answer just yet, but we'll do our best!

Thanks again for all of your commitment and questions!

Best regards,

Jimothy.

Legion-495
07-06-2017, 06:49 PM
#askbeyond is there actual traffic with like regulations(planned?)?
#askbeyond How many people are working at this development?
#askbeyond What would you say how much milesstones in your development do you reach monthly?
#askbeyond Any chance you let the console (developermode?) enabled to play around?
#askbeyond At a(rough) 0-100% scale rating how much did you finish the first playable demo area?
#askbeyond Do we get to know the full development team(Well of course if they only want to)?
#askbeyond Which tools do you use to create parts of the game?
#askbeyond Does Sony even allow you test versions of the game on a PS4(for the SpaceMonkeyP)?
#askbeyond On which devices does the game run at its current stage(Only high end hardware for PC?)?
#askbeyond How is the mood in the studio? Because the important question is, do you have a air condition!?
#askbeyond Are all people working on the game capable of speaking english? I wonder since it seems quite baguette to me :D I bet you guys hate me now.
#askbeyond Any plans on a real Carlson&Peeters book? Like a collectors edition? Neat Idea or?
#askbeyond Are there any restrictions you got from Ubisoft or any other people for that development?
#askbeyond Is there anything the development team wants to say to us(except those questions and showoff of stuff)?
#askbeyond Do you work on all 3 versions(consoles, PC) at the same time or is there any version you go first and port then?
#askbeyond If you happen to port the game, will that be in house or will you rent a other company to do that work?
#askbeyond Were the sales with the original and the HD version good? And how was the reception from new players?
#askbeyond Since you are noting all those question I wonder how many are answered. I expect you plan a Q&A with all of those(answereable questions)? Am I right?
#askbeyond Obviously I'm quite hyped (http://zone-archive.com/tmp/hype_train.html) fulltime( I lurk around in that ubi forum everyday). Are there people in the team too that basicly can't wait for this game to be finished?
#askbeyond Since you have a working "In-Engine Demo". How much GB of data is in the game folder right now?
#askbeyond I sense a communication line being worked on. Any chance we will get a livestream at somepoint? Furthermore I wonder that everything runs directly over ubisofts social channels. Are those always used or will there be a own BGE channels for like Youtube or Twitch? I mean you have it for twitter and I think for facebook too. It just seems to be a hassle to go through all Ubisoft for the uploads, maybe a legal thing tho(it gets checked)? Or am I wrong and uploads happen super fast?
#askbeyond Spacestations? Since there are spaceships... that would make sense. Or it could be justified to not have them, because since you are able to travel to like any planet.

@Ubi-Jimothy If you did not see I actually edited my first posts quite often.
I hope you didn't miss any questions^^

Anyway I'm very happy you are still checking it. I was worried a bit.
Now that I calmed down I question stuff again and I actually did it again... BUT I ask actually few stuff about the game as in ingame, you gotta give me that xD

SuperBiscotCOT
07-07-2017, 08:19 PM
LOL I imagine CMs and Com Devs trying to catch up with all the arrival of questions you are asking them :D

That said, for many of them I'm excited for a response !

Legion-495
07-08-2017, 02:19 PM
LOL I imagine CMs and Com Devs trying to catch up with all the arrival of questions you are asking them :D

That said, for many of them I'm excited for a response !

I bet my posts get wry looks from the devs tho xD

#askbeyond Obviously you have to work to get that playable version for us Space Monkeys. Now I wonder what do you want to be ingame for this version?
#askbeyond Are there still bits from the 2008 ?installment? which was shown used in this game? Or are those totally disconnected in story?
#askbeyond If this game happens to be success how do you see the future of the team and is a continuation of either the BGE2 story or BGE1 story a thing?
#askbeyond Is Jade becoming the Zelda of the BGE universe?(You not gonna me answer that tho xD)
#askbeyond Did actually run a lot NON-BGE(outside of work) time into this engine and concept?
#askbeyond Since the game is rather making what you want and not doing any fanservice I wonder at which level the Space Monkeys will be able to contribute? Will we do troubleshooting(like a Microsoft test division did before win10 and moved to insiders)? Will we be able to point things out you may overlooked and are great ideas featured? Will we be able to may correct/toss out mistakes/features that actually were fully planned from the development, but do not well in the game?
#askbeyond Are you confident enough to say that this will be one of the greatest games and therefore you have no fear of backlash from the community?

Oh man I forgot to ask this 3 times now!
I remember now :D
#askbeyond Do you intend to launch the test version with localisation in place or will we get a english or french version only first?

New questions.
#askbeyond Do you intend to optimise the game for any hardware? By chance if you use a low level graphics API(I really hope) you would see it as option to cross-sli AMD and Nvidia hardware in your game?
#askbeyond How much time did run into the creation of the In-Engine Demo content after you had the engine?
#askbeyond Will you use vendor specific code in terms of graphics and cpus(For best possible performance on the used hardware)?
#askbeyond Do you intend to use a-synch compute of AMD in the long run and optimise for Nvidias Pre-emption(I actually doubt that Nvidias method changes anything^^) too?
#askbeyond With how many CPU cores do you want to scale the game with?
#askbeyond Are there technical restriction you have yet to fight?
#askbeyond At this moment do you have all planets you want to have spinning in your solar system(even if they are not yet fully finished)?
#askbeyond Since System4 is mentioned(Hillys is there). Will we even see Hillys(Maybe at least as distant planet)?
#askbeyond Since the game is about to run on consoles, what hardware do you suggest for a smooth testing experience?
#askbeyond Will we as testers get featured in the credits or a easter egg?
#askbeyond Are our crewmembers always with us or can we do stuff alone?
#askbeyond What if a crewmember dies? Life goes on without him?
#askbeyond Jesus Quicksaves!(F5). Will we get a quicksave system? I really would like that I use it all the time.
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/532602ede4b09e655908a4e6/53262d3ce4b0c5c3326b0ce6/573a2fa71bbee0ebd913e131/1491607756740/jesus-b2.jpg?format=500w

Legion-495
07-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Come on people. Ask questions.
I feel bad if I'm bloating the thread alone.

IRISNetwork
07-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Really appreciate your dedication to this thing, but again, I would just pick your most desired questions, rather than throwing everything you have at them :)

Okay though i'll join, Michel answered one of my questions personally, but ill throw in another one here

#askbeyond - You don't have to name specifics, but will we be seeing the return of some voice actors from the original, even if they don't all play their original character? (I'm speaking mainly about the English version)

Legion-495
07-13-2017, 09:56 AM
#askbeyond - You don't have to name specifics, but will we be seeing the return of some voice actors from the original, even if they don't all play their original character? (I'm speaking mainly about the English version)

#askbeyond Does this go for any other localisations too?

#askbeyond Poor Knox is having very damanged teeth it seems. I WONDER if we can fix that or is is doomed to have those?
#askbeyond Which restrictions might be imposed on us depending on the race we play?
#askbeyond So GTA in Space? Any chance we get SpaceRadio(Galaxy Radio :D)? Which would extend my question. Any chance if there is a radio we can load our on music files in it "Private Radio"?
#askbeyond Are ships bought, stolen or gifted? I wonder we can steal small vehicles anytime(GTA Style?)?
#askbeyond Which people are the police? human? hybrid?
#askbeyond Would you use provided community assets 3d objects? And would the community get access to some of the game later?
#askbeyond Will we see the Beluga or ships like the Beluga? Simply put is there a rework of this ship?
#askbeyond Did the first game actually have a somway structured DomZ language or was it just gibberish?
#askbeyond Tell me you use reworked(if needed) music from BGE1 also where you see it fitting.
#askbeyond Your stance on PS5?
#askbeyond How do you plan to distribute the testversion? For each platform.
#askbeyond Do you intend to launch the game on all platforms at the same time if it is finished? Or as soon as one version is done it gets released?
#askbeyond The game will come with RPG elements which lets me wonder if we get a option for NewGame+ for replaying story quests and such.
#askbeyond Since Kim Hyun-Jun there is the question of underground activities.
#askbeyond I wonder will the devs active playing the testversion too and since there is multiplayer of some sort is there a chance to meet a dev ingame?(Or do the online options only extend to "friends")

Really appreciate your dedication to this thing, but again, I would just pick your most desired questions, rather than throwing everything you have at them

Well I want it to be a long Q&A :D
Gotta ask all now. Who knows how long we will wait for a second Q&A.
And we do not even know when we get this Q&A^^

Legion-495
07-18-2017, 01:37 PM
People ask more questions^^ At this point it may happens that I repeat questions on accident.

#askbeyond Will we maybe get a FPS counter? I would like to have from as option in the game (and it may uses a new API causing issues to read it out).
#askbeyond I noticed there are works done on Rayman(Switch Version). So are you working on two games here? Like I know Ancel(Well creator as far as I know) was involved a lot(in 2D parts) in Rayman. So I just wondered if that port is done under the creator himself or at a other part of Ubisoft... I need to play Rayman 2 again.

#askbeyond Which RPG elements in terms of skilltrees do you want to introduce to us?
#askbeyond Is the crew reskillable? So like I really don't wanna lose a certain person and therefore like reroll the thats or improve him?
#askbeyond Since everything is work in progress when(Or when do you intend to start making them) do we actually get the finished assets. Although I have to point out that the work in progress assets look very fine to me(not perfect tho ;)).
#askbeyond PocketAI like Secundo? Or connected to the ships AI?
#askbeyond I wonder there are holograms and in the first game TVs. Will we see such "flying" media again? But maybe with more news^^ than one file?
#askbeyond I wonder Witcher got books so does Skyrim(PDAs in DeusEx). Is there media like those in BGE2? Not that we would need it but it would be neat.
#askbeyond Does our character speak(No issue for me^^)? And do the voice options if we have them all have the same lines?>I saw that SaintsRow3&4 don't.

Legion-495
07-28-2017, 06:44 PM
Cmon. Anyone questions?

Kierrok
07-29-2017, 02:59 AM
Legion asked one question I too wonder.

#askbeyond Are our created characters voiced and do we have tone options (also no issue if not voiced)
#askbeyond Not really a development question, but it's about hybrid lore. Maybe another forumer could answer even. Most hybrids were created, but is it possible for hybrids to reproduce? Like two tiger hybrids mating and having cubs. And since hybrids have human DNA, is it possible for hybrids to cross breed with other hybrids or humans? Making weirder hybrids. Like a bull/tiger? I never played the original, so I'm not sure if it's mentioned in it.

Legion-495
08-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Good second question. It is not disclosed, but I would expect the same kind of hybrids being able to have a child.

#askbeyond What are the reasons you decided to create a own engine?

ShadORRust
08-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Pretty not sure about hybrids. Lot of examples, like: Hinny (child of a male horse and a female donkey) — the can't have any offspring.

But it's in real word. In game reality this condition could be toked into account by scientists. Because, in some situation, breeding would be cheaper and easier ...

Kierrok
08-07-2017, 02:56 PM
@ShadORRust

Touché, that would make sense. Perhaps the older, elderly, hybrids were created. Where the younger hybrids are bred?

ShadORRust
08-12-2017, 12:26 AM
@ShadORRust

Touché, that would make sense. Perhaps the older, elderly, hybrids were created. Where the younger hybrids are bred?

Yes, not for nothing did she live in orphanage.

Legion-495
08-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Yes, not for nothing did she live in orphanage.

Well a lot could have changed too between BGE1 and 2. And one thing would be fertility.
But to quote myself^^

It is not disclosed, but I would expect the same kind of hybrids being able to have a child.
It just makes sense. But that lets you wonder if they are coming with a "pre-installed" mindset to do something for humans, which would be hard to get into a newborn.

I might have actually asked this.
#askbeyond Vehicles on call? Like I mean what if I want my vehicle to have a "secure distance" and then need it a bit fast? Would be cool but hard to do I guess.

Kierrok
08-13-2017, 04:36 PM
But isn't 2 a prequel?

Legion-495
08-13-2017, 06:49 PM
But isn't 2 a prequel?
Yes it is. How does this impose a issue? Since it is still the future it seems possible to alter fertility.

Kierrok
08-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Yes it is. How does this impose a issue? Since it is still the future it seems possible to alter fertility.

Oh, I just read things changed since the 1st. I thought you were saying 2 was a sequel and lore wise had better technology (not IRL technology) It was my fult of misreading.

Legion-495
08-15-2017, 10:03 AM
#askbeyond FastTravel is a thing? Or something to unlock for known places?

real_lethality
08-16-2017, 02:10 AM
I'm excited to hear Michel say that there are 2 pillars to the technology - the scale, and the online. I'm very curious about the online play :)

Will all players share parts of the world, such as the economy?

Legion-495
08-16-2017, 08:29 AM
I'm excited to hear Michel say that there are 2 pillars to the technology - the scale, and the online. I'm very curious about the online play :)

Will all players share parts of the world, such as the economy?

What I gathered it is WatchDogs2 seamless multiplayer but based on people you want to play with rather than random people.
Like the system is able to have 15 players max which might gets reduced.

All that sounds like BGE2 with Borderlands Multiplayer. But take all that with a grain of salt. I'm not 100% positive, but it should be around that neighbourhood.

I think the whole online part is important because nobody is like the number #1 or something and it probably feels like a shared experience. I highly doubt on shared economy, but you can share pictures with friends^^
Some sidecharacters should be generated so unique to everyone and such things. You will most likely encounter the same places but other people in a other players world I guess. We will see^^

#askbeyond Hey you guys can confirm or deny any of that?

Kierrok
08-27-2017, 04:25 PM
#askbeyond Why did you choose a Buddhist/Hindu theme? I find it fascinating! Truly.

pedrocorceiro
09-27-2017, 09:26 PM
From Portugal here :) - one thing that has been going through my mind about the game (and maybe a video from Michel has already explained it): is every planet (assuming there will be a bunch of them) fully constructed? or will it only be one or two? And will those worlds be empty, barren wastelands, or will they be full of things to do?
Well, thanks!

Legion-495
02-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Since we are in a PvE enviroment I assume.
#askbeyond What do you think about Crossplay?

MoonDirt
06-18-2018, 01:14 AM
As a huge fan of the first beyond good and evil, I want to say this is the sequel(or prequel?) that I have been wishing for and SO much more. I already love the game and believe in all of it. I have seen Michel Ancel's early in engine gameplay demo a dozen times now. It truly does look beautiful. But I was hoping Michel could give us a second demo mainly focusing on the experience of walking the streets of Ganesha,what the nightlife is like? A closer look at the architecture and what players will be seeing quite a bit? If that's not too much to ask?

lonelunecho
08-05-2018, 01:51 AM
does the game contain pvp?

Buttsamurai2099
08-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Will dlc be free and how much content will be given with each expansion #askbeyond.

Buttsamurai2099
08-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Will dlc be free and many of them will there be throught the game's lifespan also how much content will be given with each expansion as well as what content will be given with each expansion #askbeyond

dkcodera
08-24-2018, 09:10 AM
I just wanted to know the level of customization on your ship? is there just one standard main battle ship? or can you create it yourself or buy it?

silvershewolf17
09-19-2019, 10:01 AM
Since its a prequel game will it have items in it from the first one like the popular starkos for example?