PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Activation is STILL bugged, please fix this ASAP.

SirCorrino
06-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Hey, I've reported this before, but nothing has been done. Revenge activation is still bugged and often does not parry incoming attacks the way it should.

Here's 2 examples from my last game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6KskDBas6c

As you can see the first one with the Shinobi is crystal clear, I activate revenge but only block the attack instead of parrying it. This caused me to die as he just kept his distance until revenge ran out.

In the 2nd one it's a bit more unclear, it almost looks like he hits before revenge activates, but that is not the case. I gain my overshield, and then lose it to his attack, so clearly revenge activated first. But somehow it did not parry the attack like it should.

This has been an issue since before S2 started, and it's about time it gets fixed.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
06-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Maybe one day revenge will get fixed. Stuff like this just aggravates me

Gray360UK
06-17-2017, 09:56 PM
In both cases it looks to me as though there was no incoming attack on activation, only shortly afterwards. It auto parries / knocks people down on activation, it doesn't stop you taking hits after that. As far as I've always been concerned, the attack has to be incoming when you activate Revenge, it wasn't in either case as far as I can see.

SirCorrino
06-17-2017, 10:04 PM
In both cases it looks to me as though there was no incoming attack on activation, only shortly afterwards. It auto parries / knocks people down on activation, it doesn't stop you taking hits after that. As far as I've always been concerned, the attack has to be incoming when you activate Revenge, it wasn't in either case as far as I can see.

The first one might have been just on the edge, the 2nd one hits just as the activation starts and should 100% have been parried. You can't even see my overshield before it's gone. That's as close as you can get to activating it before the attack. Any later and I would just have died from his attack.

Edit: looking at the first one again it's clearly within the parry window. I've attacked enemies much later in the activation animation than that and been parried without them parrying anyone else before hand to extend it.

Gray360UK
06-17-2017, 10:14 PM
The first one might have been just on the edge, the 2nd one hits just as the activation starts and should 100% have been parried. You can't even see my overshield before it's gone. That's as close as you can get to activating it before the attack. Any later and I would just have died from his attack.

In the 2nd case, if you pause it at 14 seconds, that is when you activate Revenge, no attack is incoming. If you pause it at 15 seconds, you can see your shield. If you pause it at 16 seconds, that is when his attack is incoming. The slow-mo actually makes it harder to tell what is going on when. It looks like he is either knocked back or dodges back on activation and then goes for the top heavy at least 2 seconds after activation.

SirCorrino
06-17-2017, 10:22 PM
In the 2nd case, if you pause it at 14 seconds, that is when you activate Revenge, no attack is incoming. If you pause it at 15 seconds, you can see your shield. If you pause it at 16 seconds, that is when his attack is incoming. The slow-mo actually makes it harder to tell what is going on when. It looks like he is either knocked back or dodges back on activation and then goes for the top heavy at least 2 seconds after activation.

14 is when I gain revenge. I activate it at 16 just before I get hit. Literally right before he hits me.

Gray360UK
06-17-2017, 10:34 PM
14 is when I gain revenge. I activate it at 16 just before I get hit. Literally right before he hits me.

When he hits you, you are already doing your next attack. At 16, 17 and 18 you have not been hit yet. Like I said, the slow-mo doesn't help because it makes it seem like a lot of time is passing without you being hit. However, at 19 seconds, paused on my screen right now, your arms are raised to deliver a side Heavy to the Shinobi in front of you and the Orochis sword is still behind his back.

I could be wrong, I'm tempted to post a screenshot to show you what I mean, but I doubt you can be doing your next attack and still be considered as being in the Revenge activation moment.

If it's any consolation, you were going to die no matter what ;)

SirCorrino
06-17-2017, 10:47 PM
When he hits you, you are already doing your next attack. At 16, 17 and 18 you have not been hit yet. Like I said, the slow-mo doesn't help because it makes it seem like a lot of time is passing without you being hit. However, at 19 seconds, paused on my screen right now, your arms are raised to deliver a side Heavy to the Shinobi in front of you and the Orochis sword is still behind his back.

I could be wrong, I'm tempted to post a screenshot to show you what I mean, but I doubt you can be doing your next attack and still be considered as being in the Revenge activation moment.

If it's any consolation, you were going to die no matter what ;)

You are wrong. Slow it down even more, you can see the Orochi behind me hit me exactly as I activate revenge. He should have been parried. The attack that kills me is fair, activation was long gone by then. Slow it to half speed and you'll see that as I activate the revenge I get hit by an attack and staggered.

UbiNoty
06-17-2017, 10:57 PM
Please make a ticket with support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) and I can forward it over to the team so we can take a look at it for you.

SirCorrino
06-17-2017, 11:02 PM
Please make a ticket with support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) and I can forward it over to the team so we can take a look at it for you.

Done. Ubisoft Support Ticket: 04874654

Gray360UK
06-17-2017, 11:03 PM
You are wrong. Slow it down even more, you can see the Orochi behind me hit me exactly as I activate revenge. He should have been parried. The attack that kills me is fair, activation was long gone by then. Slow it to half speed and you'll see that as I activate the revenge I get hit by an attack and staggered.

Ah okay I thought you were worried about the attack that killed you, not the one before.

That one, not sure, it could possibly be a split second before your Revenge activation, there is a pulse / blast animation just a split second after he hits you with that one, that is the knockdown / parry moment. Very very close. I think maybe you were just unlucky with the timing and that one hit you just before the knockdown / parry moment. The floor glows yellow and the pulse blasts out at 17 seconds and his attack has already completed by then.

See this ...

https://image.ibb.co/ceTha5/REVENGE.jpg

See what I mean? His attack is over, his sword is back in place, ready for another attack, the one that staggered you is over and finished, and there is your Revenge knockdown pulse. It's literally half a second too late.

SirCorrino
06-17-2017, 11:05 PM
Ah okay I thought you were worried about the attack that killed you, not the one before.

That one, not sure, it could possibly be a split second before your Revenge activation, there is a pulse / blast animation just a split second after he hits you with that one, that is the knockdown / parry moment. Very very close. I think maybe you were just unlucky with the timing and that one hit you just before the knockdown / parry moment. The floor glows yellow and the pulse blasts out at 17 seconds and his attack has already completed by then.

See this ...

https://image.ibb.co/ceTha5/REVENGE.jpg

See what I mean? His attack is over, his sword is back in place, ready for another attack, the one that staggered you is over and finished, and there is your Revenge knockdown pulse. It's literally half a second too late.

I can't see your image.

His attack could not be before the activation, since I was at so little life that I would have died if that was the case. I got the revenge overshield before he hit me and so revenge was activated and he should have been parried.

edit: I can somehow see it in the quoted text only. I see what you mean, but what I said above still stands, my health was too low for me to survive if the attack came before the revenge activation. If there's a delay between the activation and the parry window that would explain it, but that's also something I would consider a bug.

Gray360UK
06-17-2017, 11:26 PM
I can't see your image.

His attack could not be before the activation, since I was at so little life that I would have died if that was the case. I got the revenge overshield before he hit me and so revenge was activated and he should have been parried.

edit: I can somehow see it in the quoted text only. I see what you mean, but what I said above still stands, my health was too low for me to survive if the attack came before the revenge activation. If there's a delay between the activation and the parry window that would explain it, but that's also something I would consider a bug.

Yeah maybe there is a bug where if an attack is already far enough completed it won't be affected by the knockdown / parry pulse on Revenge activation but the damage will remove the Revenge shield. We're talking split second stuff here.

This might be why your shield appears so briefly, it's almost impossible to pause the video on the right spot to even see that you ever got a Revenge shield, and it's gone when the blow that kills you comes in. Basically the shield was removed by an early attack that missed the knockdown / parry pulse but did damage that was still applied to your Revenge shield.

That would be unfair and messed up if it is the case, but I can see it being possible if the game records damage taken / shield activation / parry + knockdown activation slightly out of sync with each other. Hope that makes sense, it does in my head, lol :)

UbiNoty
06-17-2017, 11:28 PM

Ty!

UbiNoty
06-17-2017, 11:29 PM

Ty!

SirCorrino
06-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Just had it happen again. Seems to affect Berserker much more than the other characters I play (Warlord, Valkyrie). Gonna wait and see if I get some more clips of it happening before I upload another video.

Dkdninja420
06-18-2017, 04:45 PM
here's another example of this, and yes this is the 4th time i've posted this, don't remember the other support ticket numbers I was given (3 different ones)
c'mon guys wake up!!! Get something done, PLEASE!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/9okxB6OAr8Y

Gray360UK
06-18-2017, 05:52 PM
here's another example of this, and yes this is the 4th time i've posted this, don't remember the other support ticket numbers I was given (3 different ones)
c'mon guys wake up!!! Get something done, PLEASE!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/9okxB6OAr8Y

That one is definite, his attack was definitely incoming as you activated Revenge.