PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the KX Audio Driver for Soundblaster? You may find it worthwhile

zacklaws
02-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi All

Following a Thread across on the SimHQ forum "Sound Blaster/creative Fix for F/B" I thought I would give the driver a go. At the moment I have A SB 1024 live, sound card, and have the usual problems that crop up in the forum.

On trying the driver mentioned it has made FB virtually a new game for me. Gone are the long stutters and a lot of the smaller ones. That constant knocking noise has gone, I am hearing sounds I have never noticed before, Sounds are a lot clearer in general as well.

But one of the biggest differences I have found is how stable it all is when it comes to firing close up, gone is all the twitching and stutters etc, a steady tracking solution can be held before during and after firing. I'm very impressed at the moment.

The driver can be found at:-

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

The driver required for a soundblaster is:-

Version 5.10.0.3536

You will also require the MFC and MSVCRT libraries if you use anything other than Win2000 or XP

I have too admit it did take a bit of working out to get them to run properly using the driver manager but I find it is worth it.

As for framerates, I do not know as I never had an issue with them so do not monitor them. But reading into it framerates are supposed to increase.

If you have the SB problems it maybe worth a try, you have nothing to loose.

ZackLaws

zacklaws
02-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi All

Following a Thread across on the SimHQ forum "Sound Blaster/creative Fix for F/B" I thought I would give the driver a go. At the moment I have A SB 1024 live, sound card, and have the usual problems that crop up in the forum.

On trying the driver mentioned it has made FB virtually a new game for me. Gone are the long stutters and a lot of the smaller ones. That constant knocking noise has gone, I am hearing sounds I have never noticed before, Sounds are a lot clearer in general as well.

But one of the biggest differences I have found is how stable it all is when it comes to firing close up, gone is all the twitching and stutters etc, a steady tracking solution can be held before during and after firing. I'm very impressed at the moment.

The driver can be found at:-

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

The driver required for a soundblaster is:-

Version 5.10.0.3536

You will also require the MFC and MSVCRT libraries if you use anything other than Win2000 or XP

I have too admit it did take a bit of working out to get them to run properly using the driver manager but I find it is worth it.

As for framerates, I do not know as I never had an issue with them so do not monitor them. But reading into it framerates are supposed to increase.

If you have the SB problems it maybe worth a try, you have nothing to loose.

ZackLaws

a_10thunderbolt
02-02-2004, 05:22 PM
i have also been having problems with my soundblaster card. thanks, very much appreciated

http://www.shaw.af.mil/shawfest%202002/images/fighters_a10_0009.jpg

blabla0001
02-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Do they still only support 5.1 sound?

Huxley_S
02-02-2004, 06:54 PM
These drivers are primarily designed for musicians as far as I'm aware and I don't think all the EAX4.0 functions of the Audigy 2 cards.

For people with older cards e.g. Soundblaster Live! etc I've heard these drivers are better than the Creative ones (use much less memory etc)

WUAF_Badsight
02-02-2004, 09:35 PM
this is an excellent heads up

ty zacklaws

Rajvosa
02-03-2004, 02:19 AM
Do you guys think it's worth the money to upgrade from Live 1024 to Audigy or Audigy 2? I've experienced some problems with other games as well, not only FB.

Golf GTI Edition 2.0 16v (Rest In Pieces!)

repco
02-03-2004, 02:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rajvosa:
Do you guys think it's worth the money to upgrade from Live 1024 to Audigy or Audigy 2? I've experienced some problems with other games as well, not only FB.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rajvosa, I'd certainly say so. I had problems with both the SB Live and 1024 in a few games, but since switching to an Audigy Player the problems are all fixed. Also, the increase in sound quality is very noticeable (and I had been pleased with the Live before upgrading).

Rajvosa
02-03-2004, 02:43 AM
Thanks Repco!

As I also use my PC for making music, and watching DVDs I'm sure I will benefit from the upgrade in many ways!

Golf GTI Edition 2.0 16v (Rest In Pieces!)

blabla0001
02-03-2004, 02:54 AM
I also swapped my Live for an Audigy and later to an Audigy2 and I am very happy with that upgrade.

As for the Kx drivers, no EAX support and no 6.1 sound support is reason enough for me to stick with the Creative drivers.

Besides, I don't have any problems in the sound department, so if it aint broke don't try and fix it.

Bust3484
02-03-2004, 04:34 AM
Wow!Im impressed,seems to work a treat on my Audigy,might be an illusion but until now it was like my 5.1 set up had cushions over the speakers..has helped with microstutters too.Ta very much http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jurinko
02-03-2004, 07:49 AM
they produce much cleaner sound on my Audigy2. To force my mike to work again was another story.. final settings to be seen at simhq original thread.