PDA

View Full Version : More tactical options in FC5 than GR:W.....

bugkill1ad
06-17-2017, 04:42 AM
Watching that demo has officially sent Ubisoft games to the discount bin or rental. How in the hell could you give me tactical options in FC5 than GR:W? You have total control o your teammates, but a freakin Tom Clancy open world game with SOF operators can't have the player move their sniper to cover them or do other actions. Hell, you weren't even able to move them individually, but in FC5, you can do all these things as a ordinary citizens?

The people responsible for GR:W should be fired.:rolleyes::mad:

HorTyS
06-17-2017, 07:53 AM
As if the implementation of such features is the same from one game to the next.... :nonchalance:

bugkill1ad
06-19-2017, 11:47 PM
As if the implementation of such features is the same from one game to the next.... :nonchalance:

Well, given the fact that these features made more sense to be in GR:W (talking about SP), it never should have been an issue. The FC5 demo was essentially what GR:W should have been with respect to your AI teammates. The GR series is more important than FC and to leave out tactical options to lead your AI team in a GR game shows gross incompetence. GR:W was a commercial hit, but the game is damn near dead because it is nothing more than GTA/Saints Row carbon copy with a military slant to it. If anything, you would think that FC5 would play more like GR:W since it is really not a military game where having a SOF team and using them in various ways would be extremely important.

It only points to Ubisoft having folks in key positions handling the GR franchise not knowing what the hell they are doing.

HorTyS
06-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Well for starters we'll agree to disagree that GR is "more important" than FC, but thats a whole other conversation. My estimation would be they decided not to implement squad controls for a variety of reasons. Biggest factor was probably that they wanted to emphasize & really push playing the game in coop with other players, but also the map was gigantic, arguably too big, I'm sure there were plenty of technical limitations to in-depth squad controls with the world they'd built. These are obviously just guesses, I didn't play a whole lot of the game, but what I did play I never really had much desire to be micro-managing my squad either, so I guess it just wasn't something I felt was lacking...

bugkill1ad
06-22-2017, 03:54 PM
That's just it, its NOT micro-managing your team in a GR game, its simply using them in a variety of ways to complete missions in SP. Yes, the COOP component was important, but the life blood for GR games has ALWAYS been the SP. The MP side of open world games flame out at a certain point, but the SP side is always there when you give the player multiple ways to do things in the world. Outfitting your team's gear and weapons and ordering them to waypoints with specific commands (like in the FC5 demo) while doing missions were the MOST critical gameplay elements missing in Wildlands and it was incompetence to leave it out.

Don't get me wrong, the game was good, but to see these tactical options in FC5 and not Wildlands, really pisses me off because it kept Wildlands from being a GREAT game with a very long shelf life. The MP side is pretty dead and the SP is limited because you can't really do anything effective with your AI teammates and that should never have happened.