PDA

View Full Version : Congratz the game is 100% busted and turtle or lose

XxHunterHxX
06-15-2017, 09:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ORSs0ha.png

now dominion is 2-3 lawbringers or centurions if you play something other then PK or Shinobi you might as well just dont play at all coz its imposible to win

congratz you gave the bigest turtles in the game a buff you give lawbringer who has the most hp in the game and punishes you when he parrys you fast guard stance ?
ir you crazy ?
all people do now is just w8 for you to atack and parry you...this game is so broken its not even funny...

ir you guys even playing this game ? how the hell can you do something so dumb ?

JibletHunter
06-15-2017, 09:59 PM
they have no idea how to balance. Roman loves gobbling centurion balls.

Lyskir
06-15-2017, 10:10 PM
The universal guard switch speed had to happen; slow switchers were unable to compete against the best of the best because of it. As a slow switcher going against a good PK, Shinobi, or Valkyrie, you were pretty much screwed unless you had supreme reflexes and blocked/parried each initial light attack (on consoles, at least). Once that first light hit, it was seemingly impossible to stop the deluge of strikes.

amen

Felis_Menari
06-15-2017, 10:14 PM
The universal guard switch speed had to happen; slow switchers (non-Centurions, at least) were unable to compete against the best of the best because of it. As a slow switcher going against a good PK, Shinobi, or Valkyrie, you were pretty much screwed unless you had supreme reflexes and blocked/parried each initial light attack (on consoles, at least). Once that first light hit, it was seemingly impossible to stop the deluge of strikes.

XxHunterHxX
06-15-2017, 10:20 PM
The universal guard switch speed had to happen; slow switchers (non-Centurions, at least) were unable to compete against the best of the best because of it. As a slow switcher going against a good PK, Shinobi, or Valkyrie, you were pretty much screwed unless you had supreme reflexes and blocked/parried each initial light attack (on consoles, at least). Once that first light hit, it was seemingly impossible to stop the deluge of strikes.

Man....people now just turtle up even more then before....even shinobi turtles up....its dumb...

T_Sesh
06-15-2017, 10:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ORSs0ha.png

now dominion is 2-3 lawbringers or centurions if you play something other then PK or Shinobi you might as well just dont play at all coz its imposible to win

congratz you gave the bigest turtles in the game a buff you give lawbringer who has the most hp in the game and punishes you when he parrys you fast guard stance ?
ir you crazy ?
all people do now is just w8 for you to atack and parry you...this game is so broken its not even funny...

ir you guys even playing this game ? how the hell can you do something so dumb ?

Some characters in the game have 500ms light attacks. Characters such as Lawby had a 300ms guard switch time. Do you understand what that means? That means they would need to react within 200ms to those attacks in order to simply block the attack, making it damn near impossible for most people. The Lawbringer and other such characters have other weaknesses that do not make them have ridiculous match ups against those faster characters. If you were beating them simply by abusing light attacks against them, then you need to lern2fight.

RLTygurr
06-15-2017, 10:27 PM
Was it fair for some classes to inherently have a harder time blocking than others? No. The only reason the guard switch change actually matters is if they try to change guard like crazy (similar to how assassins have a habit of doing). Otherwise, the change actually has no impact, as you could parry immediately upon switching guard directions before this patch. Your argument is actually invalid.

There's a reason assassins do it. If they're in their neutral stance, their attacks will always go the last direction they input, so remembering that last direction is critical in fighting assassins as it allows you to know exactly where they're going to attack unless they switch their guard the moment before they attack, which will also be enough time to react. Characters like Lawbringer and Centurion gain no benefit from doing it.

On the whole turtle or lose thing, no. Just no. Have you seen aggressive Lawbringers? They die. A lot. Have you ever seen aggressive shugoki? They die. A lot. You wanna know why those characters turtle a lot? It's because they physically can't go aggressive against any legitimate opponent and expect to not be parried easily and punished. It's why both of these characters have things that encourage defensive play. Lawbringer has massive punish on a parry, even a heavy one. Shugoki is built to trade damage with his higher health pool and dish out more damage than he takes.

The solution to beating these types of classes if they're turtling? Use unblockables. If you don't have unblockables, you're gonna have a harder time against LB at least. Let him block and shove you, he'll more often than not either use a light attack (which if you dodge it you can get a free gb as long as he doesn't use a heavy immediately afterward) or a gb which you can just attack through with a light attack. People don't think about this but it's so stupidly easy. It's even easier if you have dodge attacks. Just always use it until the person stops using the lights or gbs. They'll learn it or they'll keep getting hit.

Don't you dare complain about Lawbringer turtling. He's not even that bad compared to other classes that actually have offensive options that are viable. You ever seen an orochi turtle? Good luck. Ever seen shinobi turtles? Nope. You'll probably lose.

l8knight347
06-15-2017, 10:33 PM
you don't go 11-1 in dominion turtling up. turtles get killed by the person that sneaks up behind them. LBs wont be able to turtle as good as the WL or conq after the guard switch any way.

XxHunterHxX
06-16-2017, 12:38 AM
well enjoy the dead game modes....

UbiNoty
06-16-2017, 12:40 AM
You're probably all tired of hearing me say this over and over again, but the defense meta changes are on their way. When that comes out it should hopefully address the problems you all have brought up in this thread.

Vingrask
06-16-2017, 12:52 AM
You're probably all tired of hearing me say this over and over again, but the defense meta changes are on their way. When that comes out it should hopefully address the problems you all have brought up in this thread.

When, Noty, when? I want to play the game but everytime I face a turtle (like every Centurion or Lawbringer) I just logoff.

UbiNoty
06-16-2017, 01:07 AM
When, Noty, when? I want to play the game but everytime I face a turtle (like every Centurion or Lawbringer) I just logoff.

I wish I had a hard ETA more than anybody, but I don't. And I hate having to keep saying "soon, soon" but that's all I can give you all at the moment. Sorry ;-;
Believe me, once a date gets set I'll be the very first person in here spamming it on all the threads.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 01:54 AM
I wish I had a hard ETA more than anybody, but I don't. And I hate having to keep saying "soon, soon" but that's all I can give you all at the moment. Sorry ;-;
Believe me, once a date gets set I'll be the very first person in here spamming it on all the threads.

So you decided to not nerf Cent while figuring out the defensive meta changes! Enjoy the dead game.

Mia.Nora
06-16-2017, 02:01 AM

Hey Noty, I understand date is still not an option, but what about the content of defense patch??

I dont mean to sound rude, but seeing the way Centurion is implemented and being unable to fixed at all, I am really worried about what the team doing in the name of defensive meta fix. They even said some totally silly things like more punish on OOS, which would do the exact opposite to promote way more turtle..

So If you guys at least give us some heads up we can at least give feedback, and incase they are doing something totally break the game we can tell ahead. Devs clearly only play kid gloves on version of the game so you need feedback form people who actually play the real one.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 02:03 AM
Hey Noty, I understand date is still not an option, but what about the content of defense patch??

I dont mean to sound rude, but seeing the way Centurion is implemented and being unable to fixed at all, I am really worried about what the team doing in the name of defensive meta fix. They even said some totally silly things like more punish on OOS, which would do the exact opposite to promote way more turtle..

So If you guys at least give us some heads up we can at least give feedback, and incase they are doing something totally break the game we can tell ahead. Devs clearly only play kid gloves on version of the game so you need feedback form people who actually play the real one.

Dude, they have no clue what they are doing. If they had ideas, they would have shared the general concept. They are just saying SOON (TM) to string players along and make this dying game appear viable for a few more months (likely to preserve their jobs . . . ahem, roman).

UbiNoty
06-16-2017, 02:10 AM

I don't know all the details of the content either, or even if what little I do know will be actually implemented. We have several different builds and options we've been testing out and have yet to finalize anything so it's all still subject to change. As soon as we green-light anything I'll definitely be letting you all know.

T_Sesh
06-16-2017, 06:35 PM

If I recall correctly on a Warrior's Den, they mentioned one of the things they are testing is making heavy attacks less punishable, in that a parry would not grant free guard breaks for any character, and at best grant a light attack in retaliation perhaps. Again that's just one thing, who knows what else they are potentially messing around with.

Netcode_err_404
06-16-2017, 06:39 PM
"Congratz the game is 100% busted and turtle or lose"

Has always been like that, since closed, but people didn't know it yet.

Haemmerst0rm
06-16-2017, 07:30 PM

Im curious about the anti-turtle meta. I'm so pissed that you made peacekeeper/orochi and shinobi the only heroes (assassins) who are able to spam light attacks and just parry any attack. Also, shinobi recovery frames is still TOO DAMN SHORT! If you guys are planning to make new heroes, do not let them have the light light combo. Just take the example of berserker who is fun to play against (but dont create another centurion with the same speed on light and heavies....)

GheyimeMadeMeAn
06-16-2017, 11:08 PM
"Congratz the game is 100% busted and turtle or lose"

Has always been like that, since closed, but people didn't know it yet.

People knew it during the alphas/betas.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1575836-How-to-negate-the-quot-Never-Attack-First-quot-Meta

They were just ignored because "Feint will save the day ex dee!" Whoever still holds onto that belief should uninstall their lives.

Alchemist..
06-16-2017, 11:18 PM
turtling in dominion? so mabye give me your golden recipe how to turtle against 3 opponents? thoes guys are just gangers how keep all the time in group thats why they have so high k/d score

SnugglesIV
06-17-2017, 04:02 AM
Man....people now just turtle up even more then before....even shinobi turtles up....its dumb...

They already... did? I'm not sure how the game is that different now that every class has the same guard switch. People have been turtling up since the release of the game. Hell, I've fought a **** ton of turtling Shinobi's before this patch and they were hell to fight against. I don't think this is a problem with the patch. Rather, this is an underlying problem with the game since it's release.

THE_H3XMAN
06-17-2017, 12:00 PM
They already... did? I'm not sure how the game is that different now that every class has the same guard switch. People have been turtling up since the release of the game. Hell, I've fought a **** ton of turtling Shinobi's before this patch and they were hell to fight against. I don't think this is a problem with the patch. Rather, this is an underlying problem with the game since it's release.

It is a problem with the game as a whole since release, but this patch actually pushed it even further. In the last say, 50 duels I've played I've fought not a single class that wasn't a turtling cent, lawbro, or kensei. It's boring to me, there's no variation, and everyone just sits and does nothing until you open yourself up by attempting to attack at all because every class can now punish you like a ***** for trying to play the game. The classes that got the biggest buff from this are the ones that effectively have the largest punish game there is, so now they get to counter *everything* and stomp you like you're not even in the game. There's just no fun in this.