PDA

View Full Version : Would you actually buy AC Origins?

Ouky1991
06-15-2017, 09:27 AM
After E3 presentation I'm very disappointed. Even if they polish combat animations It's still too much RPG now. AC was always action/stealth with some RPG elements but this is too much. Now it looks like mix of witcher and dark souls. This is the main reason I didn't buy The Division - enemies taking several bullets to head to take them down. I see the same thing here - If you shoot an arrow in someone's head he should die. Unity combat had perfect balance between realistic looking combat and fun plus 5 enemy levels was just enough. Why not just build on that?
I don't think there's gonna be any significant changes in combat, that would take too long. I guess Assassins Creed is not for me anymore...

PhilyG213
06-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Of course the first impression counts but have you actually played it yet?? I'd suggest waiting until the game comes out then read the first reviews. It's still unfinished and they still have a few months to make it better.

If you shoot an arrow in someone's head he should die.
From the few Origins gameplay videos I have seen enemies can die with an arrow to the head. If you point your arrows at certain bodyparts their healthbar will show you how much health they will lose.

BananaBlighter
06-15-2017, 10:28 AM
I agree that there's way too much RPG focus ad that Unity had a good balance, with just 5 levels being perfect IMO. But hey, it's Assassin's Creed, and the setting alone is going to be enough for me to buy it.

SofaJockey
06-15-2017, 10:45 AM
More RPG?
Fantastic, bring it on...

ninja4hire10
06-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Will I buy it? Too late, I already have. And I'm not sorry nor regretful in the least. Gold Edition, hundred bucks, Gamestop? Done.

I agree with you, and we're probably in the minority 'round these parts, but Unity was damn near perfect combat-wise. You couldn't "one-man-army" the way the older games allowed (except maybe AC1, that is.) Origins looks to follow that same path, though, and honestly I think the more RPG heavy this game is the better. Play it, you'll see. Constructive criticism is a great way for devs to understand our viewpoint(s), but when..."fans"...grief the devs for trying to change up the formula a little, something these "fans" have asked for repeatedly, it comes across as being silly (note I'm not saying YOU are silly, I'm generalizing here.) Buy it when it comes out, mess with it for a few hours, and if your complaints still hold, return it to the store. Well, provided you didn't download the game, that is.

wvstolzing
06-15-2017, 01:42 PM
I'm definitely buying it. This is one of the very few things I can look forward to in my wretched existence. I can't wait to slide down Pyramids, fight hippos, and ride camels into the sunset.

Perkele66666
06-15-2017, 11:49 PM
Already preordered it.

VestigialLlama4
06-16-2017, 01:38 AM
Not on the day of release. I'll wait and watch and see what the reviews and videos say. That has nothing to do with ubisoft but it's something I do for all games and any games lately. It's become way too expensive and time consuming to buy blind.

crusader_prophet
06-16-2017, 01:55 AM
Not on the day of release. I'll wait and watch and see what the reviews and videos say. That has nothing to do with ubisoft but it's something I do for all games and any games lately. It's become way too expensive and time consuming to buy blind.

I really wish they will send out review copies early, and the reviews are in a week before release. But I doubt that will happen.

VestigialLlama4
06-16-2017, 02:19 AM
I really wish they will send out review copies early, and the reviews are in a week before release. But I doubt that will happen.

It will be far worse for Ubisoft if they don't give review copies out.

They didn't allow that for UNITY and then the game came out, it sold well but then there were the bugs, the complaints, the cruel mockery and the stocks plummeting, and the Vivendi Takeover making bigger inroads.

If there was ever a product that came close to Ubisoft, it was UNITY. That was a product so bad and shoddy that they apologized it for Syndicate's launch...I have literally never seen that happen.

If the advance reviews are lukewarm and nonchalant then that need not mean anything, because AC:ORIGINS will sell anyway and make money. Remember even the AC Movie, which was mediocre, did pretty well internationally and made a profit. The AC brand is pretty good.

Megas_Doux
06-16-2017, 03:06 AM
Unless it's a company that trust almost with my eyes closed (CD Projekt Red, Naughty Dog) and a game that blows me away I rarely pre order or buy at release. The last two games I pre-ordered were day and night for me: The Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight, both in PC. Guess who's who haha.

PS I would've pre ordered Uncharted 4 If I'd had PS4. That might change with the release of the new God of War, though.

WendysBrioche
06-16-2017, 03:17 AM
After E3 presentation I'm very disappointed. Even if they polish combat animations It's still too much RPG now. AC was always action/stealth with some RPG elements but this is too much. Now it looks like mix of witcher and dark souls. This is the main reason I didn't buy The Division - enemies taking several bullets to head to take them down. I see the same thing here - If you shoot an arrow in someone's head he should die. Unity combat had perfect balance between realistic looking combat and fun plus 5 enemy levels was just enough. Why not just build on that?
I don't think there's gonna be any significant changes in combat, that would take too long. I guess Assassins Creed is not for me anymore...

While I'm upset about the Dark Souls elements, there's no way in hell I'm going to pass up an Egypt Ancient Assassin's Creed game that looks this damn good with what looks to be not only an amazingly finely crafted, attention to super detail, but also absolutely HUGE open world.

My nitpicks don't deter me from enjoying other parts of any game that's done right.

I can't think of many AC games, or any games in general, that came without their own shortcomings, or had things in them I didn't like.

I don't let these things ruin, or keep me from experiencing what otherwise, is a super great fun game.

flambeau2
06-16-2017, 04:13 AM
I will buy it but no way I'm pre-ordering it. And if comes plagued with loads of bugs I'll only buy it after it were patched, at 50% off at least. I have to trust a lot in a company to pay upfront. Last game I pre-ordered was The Witcher 3 and all its DLC, physical edition with the gwent cards. Next will probably The Last of Us 2

VoldR
06-16-2017, 05:28 AM
Personally, I don't mind what the gameplay is like, so long as it's not ridiculous.

I'm into the story, the RPG elements are fine, just sad there's lesser takedown moves from what I heard.

Also as someone pointed out in another thread, headshots should be lethal.
If it's a blunt item is fine. But an arrow to an unprotected head, don't think so.

Should make sense especially silent takedowns. Don't matter what weapon we got, super weak or strong. If we get up close undetected, they should be instant KO or kill.

Sam Fisher proves he can take people out with bare hands and leg. No reason what so ever for people trained to kill with whatever means necessary can't do the same.

I will definitely buy, just a matter of what edition... can give the full lore available in game (not book)
So I can add to the timeline :)

So far these are the options available for me
Local EB Games don't even have for PC.

Prices below are in USD

UPlay
$89.95 ($71.96) - Standard & Deluxe
$139.95 ($111.96) - Gold
$ in brackets are 20% off via 100 U-Points

Pre-order
Additional mission: Secrets of the first Pyramids.

Steam
$66.95 - Standard
$81.95 - Deluxe
$104.45 - Gold
Pre-order
Additional mission: Secrets of the first Pyramids.

WendysBrioche
06-16-2017, 07:42 AM
Personally, I don't mind what the gameplay is like, so long as it's not ridiculous.

I'm into the story, the RPG elements are fine, just sad there's lesser takedown moves from what I heard.

Also as someone pointed out in another thread, headshots should be lethal.
If it's a blunt item is fine. But an arrow to an unprotected head, don't think so.

Should make sense especially silent takedowns. Don't matter what weapon we got, super weak or strong. If we get up close undetected, they should be instant KO or kill.

Sam Fisher proves he can take people out with bare hands and leg. No reason what so ever for people trained to kill with whatever means necessary can't do the same.

I will definitely buy, just a matter of what edition... can give the full lore available in game (not book)
So I can add to the timeline :)

So far these are the options available for me
Local EB Games don't even have for PC.

Prices below are in USD

Don't quote me on this, but I think they're actually making PC exclusive to dowloadble copies this time around. Not sure though.

I always order online these days though myself. I've found my local stores to be unreliable in the past for things like collectors.

jellejackhammer
06-16-2017, 01:27 PM
yes i will buy !

it's the first time in a ages that a setting in ac games make me almost emotional.

it's the history fan in me that jumps around of joy with a setting that takes place 2000 years ago and the fact that it takes place before everything else (besides the esu era ofcourse).

i mean we know what events will take place after origins and all that,but it is the knowledge that it sets the mark of a new era that will be witnessed by the most famous assassins and templars that make me silent.

even if bayek turns out to be boring atleast he starts the brotherhood as a actual thing so he always will be that little bit more special then most ac protags.

strigoi1958
06-16-2017, 11:02 PM
pre-ordered day 1. it's been far too long since Syndicate and every glimpse of the game, every detail about the maps, skill tree, weapons, puzzles... etc just confirm that Origins is better than I had hoped.

crusader_prophet
06-16-2017, 11:16 PM
The dawn of the creed legendary edition is sold out for PS4 and PC and already up for bidding on eBay for 2.5x the price. :facepalm:

Zafar1981
06-16-2017, 11:17 PM
AC Unity was the last AC game which I played and it was 2014. So in 2017 I want to play a AC game after 3 year of gap. I am not going to pre-order and not going to buy the game based on reviews. Looks a bit of different than previous AC games and also having some RPG elements so really worth buying it.
CC Ubi$oft: It doesn't mean that you will release another AC game in 2018 and expect me to buy. I'll buy AC game when I have a desire to play one and it is now after every 3 years.

adster01
06-16-2017, 11:27 PM
why wouldn't you buy this game? i pre ordered it the second it was available AC gets better and better with each release, not sure why they took a year off but hopefully that wont happen again, CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO COME OUT!!!!

ProdiGurl
06-16-2017, 11:32 PM
I agree that there's way too much RPG focus ad that Unity had a good balance, with just 5 levels being perfect IMO. But hey, it's Assassin's Creed, and the setting alone is going to be enough for me to buy it.
Same here !! Egypt was the Location I begged for - I'm getting it day 1.

pacmanate
06-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Got my Dawn of the Creed ordered.

Game looks like its having everything I want. Just polish it well and make sure the story is good and I'm all set

crusader_prophet
06-17-2017, 12:15 AM
Got my Dawn of the Creed ordered.

Game looks like its having everything I want. Just polish it well and make sure the story is good and I'm all set

The legendary one or the collector's one? Because I will be curious to see a picture of the exclusive steelbook in the legendary DotC edition.

RVSage
06-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Already have gold edition pre-ordered

WendysBrioche
06-17-2017, 12:36 AM
The dawn of the creed legendary edition is sold out for PS4 and PC and already up for bidding on eBay for 2.5x the price. :facepalm:

Ya, I freakin hate that. Knew it was going to happen too.

Limited supply Collector's Editions always go out in less than a couple days, especially since Fallout 4.

Freakin jack wagons buy them all up to sell on ebay for over 200% the retail price, and screw over the real fans.

why wouldn't you buy this game? i pre ordered it the second it was available AC gets better and better with each release, not sure why they took a year off but hopefully that wont happen again, CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO COME OUT!!!!

Eh, I mean usually.

What usually happens is most things are better, a few small things are worse.

VoldR
06-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Don't quote me on this, but I think they're actually making PC exclusive to dowloadble copies this time around. Not sure though.

I always order online these days though myself. I've found my local stores to be unreliable in the past for things like collectors.

Not sure how collectible works on online store.
Can't imagine them shipping them over seas.

I Only got two collectors of AC franchise both have to be from stores.
My cheapest is Syndicate, by the time I bought it it's on sale matching a standard edition. Charing Cross.

Just finally got all the damn helix stuff to record the letters, audio logs, etc from Syndicate to add to the timeline

Now just started the Jack DLC

been away from it for a long time, going to finish and finally uninstall it.

WendysBrioche
06-17-2017, 01:25 AM
Not sure how collectible works on online store.
Can't imagine them shipping them over seas.

I Only got two collectors of AC franchise both have to be from stores.
My cheapest is Syndicate, by the time I bought it it's on sale matching a standard edition. Charing Cross.

Just finally got all the damn helix stuff to record the letters, audio logs, etc from Syndicate to add to the timeline

Now just started the Jack DLC

been away from it for a long time, going to finish and finally uninstall it.

Typically, they've done different options per region for the collector's editions, at least that's how it's been done in the past.

I'm pretty sure Australia's been one of the priority regions for some time though, if I remember correctly.

Prior to this year, U.S. didn't even get the most exclusive limited editions, or the highest tier collector's items. If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure the highest tier edition for Syndicate was available to Australia.

I bought my Black Flag Black Chest Edition, which was the nicest one for AC 4, used from an ebay vendor who was located in Australia 2 years after release, so I'm pretty sure they sold those there.

Yes, all of the editions are available in Australia this year, and it looks like they're the same ones everyone else is getting:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/06/who-wants-to-pay-1250-for-an-assassins-creed-origins-bundle/

pacmanate
06-17-2017, 07:39 AM
The legendary one or the collector's one? Because I will be curious to see a picture of the exclusive steelbook in the legendary DotC edition.

The Collectors.

I'm surprised at how cheap this is.

40 for the game
25 for the season pass

Thats 65 already. Then for an extra 35 (cause I used the 20% discount), I get a statue, artbook, art cards, amulet, soundtrack, map and collectors case.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod39/dw/image/v2/ABBS_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog/default/dwd211d001/images/large/59247e5fadc724363e8b4568-1.jpg?sw=1084&sh=822&sm=fit

TexasCaesar
06-17-2017, 08:25 AM
Sure, why not?

The world looks very interesting.

Ubisoft has never made an AC game I didn't enjoy.

And if they WEREN'T making big changes, you all would just be complaining about them NOT changing the gameplay.

megamasa94
06-17-2017, 09:42 AM
Sure, why not?

The world looks very interesting.

Ubisoft has never made an AC game I didn't enjoy.

And if they WEREN'T making big changes, you all would just be complaining about them NOT changing the gameplay.
exactly.. whoever says differently is a liar..

Sushiglutton
06-17-2017, 11:22 AM
I will be there day 2 if nothing unexpected happens :D! Game looks fantastic.

GhostAssassinLT
06-17-2017, 07:46 PM
It all depends on whether or not they have an open/closed beta that I can participate in and if that is good enough.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice shame on you and you already got me with GR:W... :mad:

megamasa94
06-17-2017, 08:23 PM
It all depends on whether or not they have an open/closed beta that I can participate in and if that is good enough.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice shame on you and you already got me with GR:W... :mad:

not sure if for primarily single-player games can be open/closed beta.. i believe there can only be demo, which im sure they are not going to let us play..

Dutch_Wrath.
06-18-2017, 04:55 PM
The rule: don't pre-order...

At the current state this game's combat doesn't look polished enough for me.

And I hate that the game turned a bit to the fantasy genre.

crusader_prophet
06-18-2017, 05:02 PM
The Collectors.
Wait I saw a different steelbook in the picture that is included in the Legendary DotC Edition. That's awesome! I guess because it's UK?

Locopells
06-18-2017, 07:24 PM
It all depends on whether or not they have an open/closed beta that I can participate in.

Not for this, as far as I know.

Sorrosyss
06-18-2017, 08:08 PM
I doubt they'll do a beta. That being said, they did do a fan tour around Europe with Syndicate a few months prior to launch. Maybe they'll do the same again.

As for me, yeah, prepurchased the Gold Edition. (Was there any doubt) There are few games I am prepared to stump money up front first for, but AC has rarely disappointed me. They are always large games, with a decent amount of content so I always feel like I get my money's worth. And Egypt is really high on my dream historical locations, so I'm pretty excited.

joelsantos24
06-18-2017, 08:54 PM
I always pre-order AC, and it never disappointed me, far from it. I'm a hardcore fan of the series, and I always loved ever single one. I'm getting the Steelbook Gold Edition. Or at least, I plan on doing so, since this edition isn't currently available on the site's pre-order feature, only Amazon has it (https://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Origins-SteelBook-Gold-PlayStation/dp/B071FS7HKF?tag=gottabemobile_viglink_convert-20&th=1). I'm going to check my local store, also, but If I can't get through Uplay, as I did with The Division's Sleeper Agent edition, then I'm grabbing it through Amazon.

One thing I seriously don't get, though, is why The God's edition doesn't include the Season Pass. Kind of confusing.

AnthonyA85
06-18-2017, 09:11 PM
I didn't get Unity or Syndicate, i didn't pre-order black flag, or AC 3, but ACR and ACB i did, as for Origins, i'm thinking about it, but it'll most likely be one of the steam versions, or i'll just get the base game on seam then the DLCs/addons as and when, idk yet.

Jackalofdoom
06-18-2017, 09:17 PM
im really hyped for this game, but i came to the forums to ask the devs to outline what the season pass is, is it like black flag season pass that was super awesome, or is it like syndicate season pass, which wasn't.

pirate1802
06-18-2017, 09:18 PM
After release and after perusing through a good number of reviews and first impressions, maybe. At the moment I'd say I'm about...60% likely.

Rugterwyper32
06-18-2017, 09:54 PM
Not on launch, but certainly down the line. Mostly because there's stuff that I'm more interested in right now. I know that Metroid: Samus Returns is one of those things that takes major priority over this, for one.

Samurai587
06-18-2017, 11:42 PM
If they say they read the forums, then I hope the one year taken off has made them polish this game. The alpha had too many bugs shown at E3. I just want at release date, a fun enjoyable story, great gameplay mechanics and some great visuals. That's all we can hope for really. AC Origins is meant to be a soft reboot I think.

Slimgrin
06-19-2017, 02:01 AM
Since Ubi has put out some bad PC ports in the past, I'll wait for reviews, but I gotta say, I'm pretty damn excited by what I've seen. I hope this is the game that brings the series out of its slump.

GhostAssassinLT
06-19-2017, 05:07 AM
If they say they read the forums, then I hope the one year taken off has made them polish this game..
They spent five years on GR:W and still effed the game up, so I'm not going to hold my breath on Origins...
No beta = no preorder for me, I might get the game considering I have all but the Chronicle games, but it's not written in stone, that's for sure....

Samurai587
06-19-2017, 12:08 PM
They spent five years on GR:W and still effed the game up, so I'm not going to hold my breath on Origins...
No beta = no preorder for me, I might get the game considering I have all but the Chronicle games, but it's not written in stone, that's for sure....

Look at Syndicate. The story wasn't that terribly exciting, and there was hardly anything you could do in London. Once you went from one area to the next, it was just the same take out these guards etc.
I think Ashraf's a good director, after all he was the director of AC4, and AC4 refreshed the franchise after the debacle of AC3. I'd say wait until release. But you decide how you want to do it.

I just want this game to be a success, and basically:

Please do not suck! Please do not suck!

cawatrooper9
06-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Having played it a bit already, I'm very excited for it. I understand the hesitation- that's a pretty healthy attitude to have, after all- but personally, I feel validated in my choice to preorder.

wigster2012
06-27-2017, 09:01 PM
I'll be paying it for sure maybe even pre-ordering it, but depending on what happens with the MD or more likely lack of it, It may very well be the last one I buy.