PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Community

Archeun
06-15-2017, 12:45 AM
This is my first PVP game really and I have a question. Is it just me or is the community on this game overall, extremely rude and obnoxious? The amount of vitriol is really staggering. I see people blowing up at others for winning; I see people calling people trash because they say a class is overpowered; the list goes on and on. I'm just curious if other people notice it?

Pillow_Hands
06-15-2017, 12:47 AM
Every PvP game is extremely toxic. I think what makes people seem more toxic in this game is that for a lot of players, it is considered stressful to play this game.

Archeun
06-15-2017, 12:49 AM
Every PvP game is extremely toxic. I think what makes people seem more toxic in this game is that for a lot of players, it is considered stressful to play this game.

Makes sense.

XxHunterHxX
06-15-2017, 12:55 AM
You know what is fun ? Play vs a centurion....he is down to 1 hp bar...then he turtles up ghets a lucky parry coz you dont wana waste all day looking at hem and then he starts to combo you so hard you die !

Or

People that play warlord and pin you on the shield and runs with you half the map to trow you in to a hole ! and then spamms git guud you suck !

Iv been playing this game since the closed beta.....and i have to say this game was not like this....people used to love the 1 v 1 feeling....

people didnt spamm the same move over and over again or tried to push you off cliffs and stuff

i for one i wanted this game to be like a chess match you and the guy thinking what move he will do and so on...

but now you pretty much know what they will do...

warden will do sholder bash in to light atack or gb feints spamm etc

valkiri shild bash leg swipe spamm light atacks

and so on ....no one plays diferent now....all the games ir the same....when you ghet a caracter you already know what they will do .....so you have 2 ways to go about it...

turtle up and 90% of the time if not 99% of the time ez win

or

play agresive and ghet punished HARD !

and ganking started to be a problem when the elimination mode came out....coz we all did it the same way....play orochi,...start the game....RUN and gank....thats when the game started to go down...fast...

The_B0G_
06-15-2017, 01:19 AM
Lol ever hear the chirping between matches on COD? That used to be half the fun.

Reinborn
06-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Definitely feeling like this has a lot more toxic community than, for example, League of Legends that I played years ago and that's something. Luckily, you can disable the text chat which I have and thank god for that. Feels like playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood again without the ability the chat.

I don't want to deal with other players' frustration so this is the way. I played with it turned on for most of the time but nothing constructive is said or no strategy-wise dialogue is led, there is no need for text chat as long as the quick chat is here, which is good enough.
The only times I turn it on is when I do duels and notice my opponent goes out of combat for a while, then I turn it on.

I guess it's the way the game is designed, it really gets on players' nerves, a lot of people might take defeats in For Honor personally and it's much more frustrating than in any other game I've played.

The_B0G_
06-15-2017, 01:32 AM
Oh this is a PC thing, yeah I can only imagine, the text battles probably rival the in game battles on that platform.

Reinborn
06-15-2017, 01:34 AM
Oh this is a PC thing, yeah I can only imagine, the text battles probably rival the in game battles on that platform.

Oh yeah, my bad, I should've mentioned that it's a PC thing, at least what I said coming from an experience, lol. Honestly, if it weren't for the ability to tick text chat off, I would have been long gone. ;)