PDA

View Full Version : Ah damn it .. i am giving up. さよなら。

Herbstlicht
06-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Well, taking my leave. No more annoying posts of myself trying to improve the game in I way i was thinking might be helping.

Reasons are simple:
Community as a whole still rather unwelcoming at best, too less people trying to constructively discuss the mess that is the meta of the game right now.
Balancing: Instead of needed adjustments, the worst balance issue right now is even getting buffed (centurion guard switch speed from 300ms to 100ms). Now we have the perfect turtle with the most ridiculous punishment in the game. "Cancer", as people love to call it, will soon spread in 1on1 as well.
Pace of Change: Things take a long, long time. Everyone's patience got it's limits. Personally, I'd say I burned pretty bright for this game, possibly burnt out rather soon'ish due to this. Right now, though, I lost my hope of some real changes to arrive soon. The continuation of the downard-slope we have fallen into after the nice shimmer of hope coming towards the end of season 1 is rather depressing. The second round in Season 2 has ended and it continues downward. Besides, I feel whatever I do here is pointless. Instead of discussion on how one could help against cc or to improve team modes, people scream not to change their loved gamedestroying overpowered characters.
So I will leave it to those remaining and still pressing on to be vocal when it comes to the game they love. To those that are vocal and manage to be constructive: thanks you guys, keep it up. Help make the game better and try to be more resilient then the weak something that was me and has given up.

Anyway, want to leave here with my best wishes to everyone. Foremost UbiSoft and the Devs. Your game is an amazing one that once, in another time with another community and slightly better balancing, would have become my all time favorite. One, that I'd love to love somewhat more.
And of course, thanks to the part of the community, I just sheered on to for maybe continuing being constructive critics and improve the game.

Farewell.
さよなら。

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 08:20 PM
Well, taking my leave. No more annoying posts of myself trying to improve the game in I way i was thinking might be helping.

Reasons are simple:
Community as a whole still rather unwelcoming at best, too less people trying to constructively discuss the mess that is the meta of the game right now.
Balancing: Instead of needed adjustments, the worst balance issue right now is even getting buffed (centurion guard switch speed from 300ms to 100ms). Now we have the perfect turtle with the most ridiculous punishment in the game. "Cancer", as people love to call it, will soon spread in 1on1 as well.
Pace of Change: Things take a long, long time. Everyone's patience got it's limits. Personally, I'd say I burned pretty bright for this game, possibly burnt out rather soon'ish due to this. Right now, though, I lost my hope of some real changes to arrive soon. The continuation of the downard-slope we have fallen into after the nice shimmer of hope coming towards the end of season 1 is rather depressing. The second round in Season 2 has ended and it continues downward. Besides, I feel whatever I do here is pointless. Instead of discussion on how one could help against cc or to improve team modes, people scream not to change their loved gamedestroying overpowered characters.
So I will leave it to those remaining and still pressing on to be vocal when it comes to game they love. To those that are vocal and manage to be constructive: thanks you guys, keep it up. Help make the game better and try to be more resilient then the weak something that was me and has given up.

Anyway, want to leave here with my best wishes to everyone. Foremost UbiSoft and the Devs. Your game is an amazing one that once, in another time with another community and slightly better balancing, would have become my all time favorite. One, that I'd love to love somewhat more.
And of course, thanks to the part of the community, I just sheered on to for maybe continuing being constructive critics and improve the game.

Farewell.
さよなら。

Another good one gone, it seems like this a couple a week occurrence from avid posters. It's a real shame to see you go man, I feel like we've had some constructive conversations even when we disagreed with eachother. Good luck to you, hopefully you will return one day if or when this gets all sorted out.

The_B0G_
06-14-2017, 08:22 PM
BF1 is on sale for 31 CDN on ps4 store...

Gastgrinder
06-14-2017, 08:24 PM
On steam are also currently some nice things in the offer.

ShadowStepped
06-14-2017, 08:29 PM

Reasons are simple:
So I will leave it to those remaining and still pressing on to be vocal when it comes to game they love. To those that are vocal and manage to be constructive: thanks you guys, keep it up. Help make the game better and try to be more resilient then the weak something that was me and has given up.

Farewell.
さよなら。

Take it easy man, I stopped playing a couple of weeks ago to be honest. While I do care about the game, everything you said is 100% correct. I get on here because I am bored and find some posts entertaining as well. I have played one match in 14 days and it was completely unenjoyable. If you like fighting games get Tekken 7, it is really well done and a lot of fun.

Duuklah
06-14-2017, 08:41 PM

Reasons are simple:
So I will leave it to those remaining and still pressing on to be vocal when it comes to the game they love. To those that are vocal and manage to be constructive: thanks you guys, keep it up. Help make the game better and try to be more resilient then the weak something that was me and has given up.

Farewell.
さよなら。

Well said. Im sure you will be back once they release their big defensive meta patch and add some additional balance.

DrExtrem
06-14-2017, 09:28 PM
I am sad.

But actually, I am close to do it myself. Have not played it for a few days ...

Gray360UK
06-14-2017, 09:35 PM
/salute

Ulrichvonbek111
06-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Mmmmm,,,sad,,,,,but still here with negativity.
Go....there's the key,,,go on you can do it,,,one lil touch...

This game is so very special in so many ways and strives to get better every week.
Yet there are so many who remain on the forum threatening to quit,,being obnoxious and self conceited to such an extent it border lines petulance.

Go,,you can do it,,press the key,,,
Goodbye and good riddance. 💮💮💮

XxHunterHxX
06-14-2017, 09:47 PM
if they remove the centurion from the game 40% of people that left will come back LOL

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 09:51 PM
if they remove the centurion from the game 40% of people that left will come back LOL

Is today just pull random numbers out of your a$$ day? It seems to be happening way more today than usual.

XxHunterHxX
06-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Is today just pull random numbers out of your a$$ day? It seems to be happening way more today than usual.

if you dont see that centurion is the main reason people leave the game then ...i have no words

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 10:25 PM
if you dont see that centurion is the main reason people leave the game then ...i have no words

There you go again, making claims with nothing to back it up. Most people left before S2 even happened. Even if you are talking about the people who left after season 2 you don't know everyone's reason and you don't know if 40% would come back. You are just talking with no sort of evidence.

We.the.North
06-14-2017, 10:34 PM

I would. Haven't played for at least a week and dont plan on doing a single game until dominion is fixed and we are rid of the Centurion cheese in that mode.

Will_Schwarz
06-14-2017, 11:05 PM
I don't have any problem with or against Centurion. Depending on the situation, I'm typically even okay against 2 Centurions. 3 or 4, well that is a bit frustrating, but fighting any 3 opponents can be rough, and 4 is often a guaranteed loss.

I got my *** kicked a lot by Cents during early access, and it was rather infuriating. At one point, I was so angry that I nearly rage quit.

But then something occurred to me. I stopped, focused on relaxing my breathing, and asked myself, "WWGD?"

What Would Goku Do?

So I returned to the soup line of ***beating that was this match, and I took it like a Saiyajin. Then I came back stronger from the loss.

Actually, I just did my best to avoid troublesome attacks, then bought the character and practiced with him, so as to learn how to defeat him.

Do I still get ****ed when all 4 of my Dominion opponents are Centurions who always stay together, wrecking anyone and everyone in their path and laughing and tea bagging all the while, regardless of points or score, apparently because ruining other peoples' fun is their evil delight?

Sure, that **** still ****es me off sometimes. But y'know what I do? I take a minute, relax my breathing, and ask myself, "What would Charles Bronson do?" Then I get a backpack, and some cash, and some rope, and the biggest gun I can find, and--

... Sorry, wrong forum. Um, when people are bein' ****s, I'm just like **** 'em, dude. Ya' never know, they might have just had the everlovin' **** kicked out of 'em last game by a buncha' cheap chumps who denied them the chance for revenge. Or they might just be kids with negligent parents and not know any better.

If you want the community to improve, ask yourself, "What would Ghandi do?" And do that ****.

Butonfly
06-14-2017, 11:36 PM
There you go again, making claims with nothing to back it up. Most people left before S2 even happened. Even if you are talking about the people who left after season 2 you don't know everyone's reason and you don't know if 40% would come back. You are just talking with no sort of evidence.

I stopped playing as a direct result of the impact Centurion had on the game.

Centurion ruined all modes I enjoyed (anything but 1v1). It's so obvious centurion is the dramatic reason for change from the nice place things were at the end of season 1 to the mess it became after 1.7/S2. Undeniable.

The game simply became unfun.

Mighty_Mackerel
06-15-2017, 12:15 AM
Centurion and Shinobi are garbage characters played be garbage people, and Ubisoft is the ultimate garbage and always will be.

Mia.Nora
06-15-2017, 12:59 AM
What is sad is that with people (who are even deeply invested in the game) leaving, Ubisoft will just write this game off and pull off everyone in development but 2 forum moderators and a guy who adds spikes on armor :(

UbiNoty
06-15-2017, 01:08 AM
What is sad is that with people (who are even deeply invested in the game) leaving, Ubisoft will just write this game off and pull off everyone in development but 2 forum moderators and a guy who adds spikes on armor :(

At least you'll always have me and UbiJurassic to talk to on here :D

XxHunterHxX
06-15-2017, 01:27 AM
The problem with the centurion is that if he turtles up...he is imposible to beat.....in 1 v 1.....

and in 4 v 4 if people dont focus hem...then you ir dead coz all he will do is heavy charge all of you or kick spamm you all now add 2 or 3 centurions.....and it makes the game mode 4 v 4 hell....coz no matter how much you doge or run or parry or block at some point you will ghet a punch in the face go down and 2 centurions or even better 3 will jump you and instantly kill you....

now we can all do something to go vs all the centurion hype....

play berserker.....im seriouse...i never lost vs a centurion in dominion as berseker.....you ghet 2 lights in and a heavy from the top and they ir dead !

in 1 v 1 wont work coz they turtle up and parry you but in 4 v 4 you can just focus them and they ir ez to kill so all start playing berserker !

Beyond.You
06-15-2017, 01:30 AM
no 1 care about you. cya

The_B0G_
06-15-2017, 01:34 AM
no 1 care about you. cya

Taiwan #1

Antonioj26
06-15-2017, 01:37 AM
no 1 care about you. cya

Clearly a few people did since they wrote something nice. I guess when no one cares about you you probably project that pain onto others. I pity you.

C.More
06-15-2017, 02:22 AM

Reasons are simple:

Farewell.
さよなら。

Sad to read that. Let's hope that they´ll fix all the real issues soon.

Btw, my advice for maximum effect while reading the text, play this in the background.

https://youtu.be/xGu19lHhVbs

nufrancis
06-15-2017, 03:39 AM
At least you'll always have me and UbiJurassic to talk to on here :D

Hi Admin, Whats wrong with you?? You didnt even try to comfort this guy or even begging him to stay in the game. This guy with 414 posts including good suggestions is really an asset for UBI

Claudius_Katt
06-15-2017, 03:58 AM

Reasons are simple:

Farewell.
さよなら。

It will be a shame to see you go,
you always seemed to be one of the more constructive and civil voices on the forum,
Hopefully once Centurion has been dealt his nerf and the defensive meta patch is released you will return,
Best of luck wherever you may go.

The_B0G_
06-15-2017, 04:18 AM
Hi Admin, Whats wrong with you?? You didnt even try to comfort this guy or even begging him to stay in the game. This guy with 414 posts including good suggestions is really an asset for UBI

People have quit posts on here every day, hell, I had one a week ago about not playing the game until Cent was nerfed, even though it only lasted a week before I came back to the game because my friends wanted to play.

Do you really think they are going to bend over backwards to convince someone to stay? They already comment on nearly every post.

They are here to relay suggestions and answer questions, not beg people to stay.

ONYX_x5
06-15-2017, 05:36 AM
Cya Herb. It's apparent you love the game and want it to be as great as it could be. We all do. I hope they fix it.

Existentialmeme
06-15-2017, 06:29 AM
Although this game in many ways has failed, at the very least it'll inspire more games of this type. take care, I'm reaching my limits as well but there isn't much I can move on to right now

Aarpian
06-15-2017, 09:25 AM
The problem with the centurion is that if he turtles up...he is imposible to beat.....in 1 v 1.....

and in 4 v 4 if people dont focus hem...then you ir dead coz all he will do is heavy charge all of you or kick spamm you all now add 2 or 3 centurions.....and it makes the game mode 4 v 4 hell....coz no matter how much you doge or run or parry or block at some point you will ghet a punch in the face go down and 2 centurions or even better 3 will jump you and instantly kill you....

now we can all do something to go vs all the centurion hype....

play berserker.....im seriouse...i never lost vs a centurion in dominion as berseker.....you ghet 2 lights in and a heavy from the top and they ir dead !

in 1 v 1 wont work coz they turtle up and parry you but in 4 v 4 you can just focus them and they ir ez to kill so all start playing berserker !

Cent is mediocre in 1v1.

Arkhos1988
06-15-2017, 09:37 AM
Cent is cancer, the only thing to do, nerf him to hell, and make every ****** play as many games as he won as him play when he is ****, just to even the score with these ****tards.

XxHunterHxX
06-15-2017, 09:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIrmJdG1x78&t=246s

he is fun man (sarcastic)

Y_Shrewditch
06-15-2017, 09:57 AM
I think the OP is absolutely right. I'm not even bothered too much with the networking or matchmaking issues, it's annoying but I can accept them working on it. But it's the blatant stupidity of development choices and the willful ignorance of the 'fixes'.

WL's headbutt has too much punish --- let's give Lawbringers an even better one
PK's were nerfed because they were too fast --- let's put in an even faster character with ranged abilities
Guardswitch is an issue on some characters --- let's give ALL characters the same speed, making turtles even better at turtling
And while we're at it, to defeat the defensive-meta--- let's put in new characters that force you to be defensive against them

I truly love the concept of the game, and am willing to accept some lumps along the way. But I'm getting to the point where I see the glaringly obvious continuously being ignored by devs who seem determined to take the game the worst direction they can.

I'm not usually this salty, so that should show something of how much I want this game to succeed. But I'm at the point where now I am the one who 'needs more data' to determine whether or not I'll continue supporting this game with my time and money.

EDG_Avocado
06-15-2017, 05:13 PM
remove centurion. Add dedicated servers. Then there is a 1% chance the game will last another year.

RatedChaotic
06-15-2017, 05:36 PM

Reasons are simple:

Farewell.
さよなら。

Sad to see you go my friend. We had a few good debates in the past. I agree with your post. I'm down to a few matches a week myself. When some of these titles from E3 are released. I'm uninstalling this game no doubt.

Keeping my eyes on Anthem.

ShadowStepped
06-16-2017, 08:35 PM

To be honest bro, I am glad they did not. It would all be bull sh i t anyway. They really do not care. They are aware of what's going on but what can they say that they have said already. "We are working on, trying to resolve, narrowing down the issue, implementing fixes, are aware of, be patient while, we understand that, in communication with". What it boils down to is they rarely reply unless its someone bragging on them or something positive and uplifting about this piece of trash they call a game. It is a shame too.Such high hopes with the prospect of style this game had. But of course in typical Ubisoft fashion they dropped the ball once it started rolling. Bad decisions and "fixes" that cause problems to help correct their bad decisions, it goes on and on but who cares when they are wallowing in steel money like fu cking Scrooge Mcduck. It is almost like paying for a ****** taking her to your hotel room and then she whips out a ****. So you just tell it to get out of your room and tell yourself that will never happen again. I speak from personal experience. J/K..........maybe

Gray360UK
06-16-2017, 08:47 PM
It is almost like paying for a ****** taking her to your hotel room and then she whips out a ****. So you just tell it to get out of your room and tell yourself that will never happen again. I speak from personal experience. J/K..........maybe

Well that got weird fast ... haha ;)