PDA

View Full Version : When do you think the game will be released ?

Tiananmen-1989
06-14-2017, 08:09 AM
Alright, taking bets ;)

Since we have not seen much gameplay (about 10 seconds in the background), I'm not sure the game will release soon.
My best bet would be one year or two. I'm expecting much more content at the next E3. This announcement was more a "get hype guys, we're doing it"

But what do you think ?

DiDoFRGT10
06-14-2017, 08:14 AM
I think 2 years at least

G.A.Pster
06-14-2017, 08:17 AM
My guess is at least 3 years.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-14-2017, 11:30 AM
My guess is also at least 3 years.

SirLegar
06-14-2017, 08:38 PM
they can have all the time they need. lets just hope they make an amazing game :)

Venom_04
06-14-2017, 08:44 PM
Hm... I'm in a Video Game school (Game design) and we talk sometimes about the time of production with our teachers. generally much studios take three/four years to make a game.

BGE2 is in pre-production (or production now since some weeks / month ?) but the game is at the beginning of the development.
For me, the game will come in three years or more. Michel Ancel really like the BGE universe and he can't released BGE if the game is imperfect.

Maybe we can have it on 2020 ? :D

RoninHex
06-14-2017, 09:28 PM
i hope in the end of next year, but most likely 2, he said in some days we will see some gameplay footage

trexmaster
06-15-2017, 06:51 AM
The poll misses one option : When It's damn ready !

That being said, I chose 2 years, I think that hits the sweet spot.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-15-2017, 11:44 AM
Hm... I'm in a Video Game school (Game design) and we talk sometimes about the time of production with our teachers. generally much studios take three/four years to make a game.

BGE2 is in pre-production (or production now since some weeks / month ?) but the game is at the beginning of the development.
For me, the game will come in three years or more. Michel Ancel really like the BGE universe and he can't released BGE if the game is imperfect.

Maybe we can have it on 2020 ? :D

Hey I'm also studying Game Design ! :D

They announced that they are at a day ZERO production state.
They have all the technology they devlopped during three years and now they are starting production.

So minimum 2020 and I wouldn't be suprised at all if it would be for 2021 !
The most important thing is to let them enougth time to make an incredible game ;)

Marcu3s
06-15-2017, 11:45 AM
With the scope they are talking about? Two years at the absolute minimum.

Kheops7
06-15-2017, 01:09 PM
The fact that Ubi have other franchise should be taken into account, even if at the moment it's the Montpellier studio, they use to make most of their studio work at one point to a ip.
By the way on a money stand they will choose the best moment for the release, if i remember correctly Massive still have a Avatar game in production (maybe for a release with the movie around 2020/2021)

They worked for 3 years to achieve this incredible new game engine even if Ancel and his team know what will be the storyline and most of the gameplay they want to introduce we're far from seeing something tangible at the moment, at E3 in behind close door some reporter could seen more of the engine and some feature they intend to implement.

From what we know so far three years is the minimum but knowing Ancel and the support from Ubisoft he have, they won't rush it to propose the best experience for the player.

RVSage
06-15-2017, 03:55 PM
I am betting 2019 at the earliest

CulturalLemur
06-16-2017, 12:07 PM
I personally think that "In two years' option is a VERY positive prediction, a naive one even, not to mention the first two. I feel like three or four years might be enough for Michel and his team to make a game they wanna make, but I don't consider my knowledge of how games are developed to be that great by any means.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-16-2017, 12:51 PM
What has been said in interviews is that they will try to provide a playable demo for E3 2018.
And we are only talking about a demo not even a pre-alpha stage.

Legion-495
06-16-2017, 02:08 PM
What has been said in interviews is that they will try to provide a playable demo for E3 2018.
And we are only talking about a demo not even a pre-alpha stage.

I think the Demo will play flawless. I think developemt will go planet by planet first. That said I think the Demo will feature a finsihed planet.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-16-2017, 02:56 PM
For an E3 gameplay demo they will try to polish as good as possible one city or two were people will have to do one mission.
At E3 demos are 10 minutes long because a lot of people come to see games.

Usally what they do in production for this sort of situation is that they divide the pipline of production in two groups :
- One working on the demo
- One continuing the main build of the game

benoski
06-17-2017, 01:07 AM
No way this will be out next year, seeing as they're in the very early days of development (or 'day zero' as described by Ancel).

I could possibly see this being released in the second half of 2019, but there's always the possibility of it getting delayed into 2020.