PDA

View Full Version : Congrats, First Trailer and You've Lost a Sale

TexasCaesar
06-14-2017, 05:05 AM
Okay, yeah, that title's pretty clickbaity.

But really, I'm very disappointed that this game is only going to have naval combat. Ubisoft, why the **** do you think so many people were asking for a pirate game? It wasn't just to sail the dang ship, it was to have the whole pirate experience. How do you make a pirate game and not even include basic things like boardings and swordfights? ****ing hell.

LiamBourke
06-14-2017, 05:24 AM

But really, I'm very disappointed that this game is only going to have naval combat. Ubisoft, why the **** do you think so many people were asking for a pirate game? It wasn't just to sail the dang ship, it was to have the whole pirate experience. How do you make a pirate game and not even include basic things like boardings and swordfights? ****ing hell.

Hey kiddo, you should actually bother watching the rest of the trailers... The first gameplay trailer clearly shows boarding and fights on deck.
If you don't buy it, that's fine, that's your prerogative. However, that just means one less person fight in magnificent naval combat.

Mia.Nora
06-14-2017, 05:38 AM
Hey kiddo, you should actually bother watching the rest of the trailers... The first gameplay trailer clearly shows boarding and fights on deck.
If you don't buy it, that's fine, that's your prerogative. However, that just means one less person fight in magnificent naval combat.

Lol, no it does not show any boarding, it shows boarding CUT SCENE. Nothing more.

NashHero
06-14-2017, 08:03 AM
not even include basic things like boardings and swordfights

Hey there !

Don't forget that the game will be launch in few months so they'll have the times to add new features to the game like that. But also remember that the game has been announcend few days ago so we dont know everything yet. ;)

Best regards,
Nash

vinni_pazienza
06-14-2017, 08:09 PM
I totally agree.

I was really happy with the trailer. But my suspicions that you can't even leave the steering wheel are confirmed and now I'm not that interested.

This should be a pirate simulator, not a boat simulator.

Also, looting a ship by blowing it up and instantaneously scooping up its loot is incredibly immersion breaking.

NashHero
06-14-2017, 08:43 PM
Hello vinni_pazienza !

I can understand your feelings but I advise you to check the social medias to be aware of the latest news about the game and maybe you'll see some good features and you'll like the game again. ;)

See you soon,
Nash

mandro96
06-14-2017, 11:19 PM
to be honest ubisoft dies not have a good history in upgrading games from announcement to release date but its the other way around. I am exited about this game but knowing a few things about ubisoft games makes me worry. the beta will decide if this game will be worth buying

WommiiMC
06-15-2017, 12:28 AM
If you dont want a PIRATE GAME then why did you make your way all the way to the forum to complain about a game that YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BUY:mad::mad:

Pythax
06-15-2017, 02:36 AM
If you dont want a PIRATE GAME then why did you make your way all the way to the forum to complain about a game that YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BUY:mad::mad:

Op did not state that he does not want a Pirate game. He expresses concern at the lack of actual pirate-related content in the game. There is a difference.

Futhermore, this is the time in a games production process that we, the customers, should make issues and concerns known to the developers in an attempt to steer the game in a direction that is healthy for the game and its longevity.

I for one hope they add more 'piratey' content into the game other then simply controlling a ship and sinking other ships, as that sounds like a game that will get boring very fast.

NashHero
06-15-2017, 08:52 AM
Ahoy Pirates !

The purpose of this forum is to report your feedback and suggestions about the game to the dev team. It means all points of view are welcomed. I'm sure that thanks to your threads and comments the team will be able to understand our expectations and I'm pretty sure they'll do their very best to improve the game in that way. ;)

So I would like to thank you everyone for your good ideas and feedback. :o

See you soon !
Nash

RSM72
06-15-2017, 08:11 PM

Then you must be some sort of Land Lover yah Scally Wagg and not a for the Account...... I for one arrrr looking fowarrrd tae this Adventure..

nomadsqrl3200
06-15-2017, 08:22 PM
Also, it's not expected to launch until next year in the fall. Loads of time to hear feedback and implement some of these things we are wanting (actual boarding, being able to land, etc.) The boarding scene does appear very much like a cut-scene but I thought they may not have had the actual mechanic finished yet and simply went with a cut-scene to represent being able to board. That being said, it was a little off putting that they decided to go with a PVP focused gameplay trailer to reveal the game and definitely shows where the focus may be. Hoping that the devs pay attention to their fans opinions and suggestions and don't make another For Honor or The Division. Something a little more similar to what I've seen of Ghost Recon: Wildlands wouldn't be too far off the mark (only played the beta though, not the finished game).

Galakseeowonder
06-16-2017, 08:38 AM
Also, it's not expected to launch until next year in the fall. Loads of time to hear feedback and implement some of these things we are wanting (actual boarding, being able to land, etc.) The boarding scene does appear very much like a cut-scene but I thought they may not have had the actual mechanic finished yet and simply went with a cut-scene to represent being able to board. That being said, it was a little off putting that they decided to go with a PVP focused gameplay trailer to reveal the game and definitely shows where the focus may be. Hoping that the devs pay attention to their fans opinions and suggestions and don't make another For Honor or The Division. Something a little more similar to what I've seen of Ghost Recon: Wildlands wouldn't be too far off the mark (only played the beta though, not the finished game).

Devs clearly stated that there won't be in land part in that game, it's not like they said it's something that they're looking into dor further additions to the game content

TexasCaesar
06-16-2017, 10:30 PM
I just hope the game pulls a Titanfall or Star Wars Battlefront and has a sequel that's more like what we wanted.

Because while some of us are okay with For Honor: Ships Edition, I doubt anybody specifically wanted that.

FuryPrinceUBI
06-16-2017, 11:59 PM
Yes, lets implement something so game breaking and complicated to include into a 5 versus 5 fight that wouldn't make much sense. Also let me leave my ship open for attacks and board the guy that could defend from boarding and make all of my effort for destroying his ship non important. Come on mate, think about how this would work in these big pvp fights, it wouldn't make much sense at all.

SLAPAPOW
06-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Yes, lets implement something so game breaking and complicated to include into a 5 versus 5 fight that wouldn't make much sense. Also let me leave my ship open for attacks and board the guy that could defend from boarding and make all of my effort for destroying his ship non important. Come on mate, think about how this would work in these big pvp fights, it wouldn't make much sense at all.

Hate to break it to you but, some of us are more interested in immersion/fun than esports.

FuryPrinceUBI
06-17-2017, 12:18 AM
Hate to break it to you but, some of us are more interested in immersion/fun than esports.

I didn't mention esports mate, I'm just saying, you start boarding someone and their friends just sink your ship and kill you. The end.

SLAPAPOW
06-17-2017, 01:00 AM
I didn't mention esports mate, I'm just saying, you start boarding someone and their friends just sink your ship and kill you. The end.

Just give boarding ships temporary immunity so, people can actually have some fun.

OvS-Tempest
06-17-2017, 08:28 PM
Hey there guys, tone it down! No need to fight over this. However, I will have to agree, why would you board a ship in the middle of a massive Naval Fight? You leave your own ship exposed, and if a teammate sinks the ship while your on it, both players would die. It just really wouldnt make much sense.

However, the same cannot be said for the open world aspect. While PVP can be entirely ship based combat, in the open world, there may be opportunities to take another persons/ AI's ship. That is, if you are in a 1v1. Doing a 1v2 or more could screw you over if you did board another ship. Would be best just to sink it.

Also, for the person saying most of us aren't interested in Esports, the fact is most of us ARE. You might not be, and I can obviously be wrong, but I think it is a very competitive game. I can see this being an ESL game, its tactical and interesting enough, but then the fact is he never said anything about Esports. He just said Boarding in a 5v5 battle is a bad idea and wouldnt make much sense, and I agree.

Further on the Esports thing, most people here are interested in playing competitively because there is Sea of Thieves. That game is more focused on just being with your friends and having fun, while this game drew in the competitive audience. However, I may be wrong, I admit, Im just making an assumption based on fact.

Even so, I wouldn't mind if I couldn't board because I think an 'All pirate All the time' style game sounds cool, and Im interested. However, I accept I am not speaking for everyone here and some people may want that. But myself, personally, I love this game.

Have a good day!

-OverLordS-Tempest

WendysBrioche
06-18-2017, 01:53 AM
I have a feeling they weren't confident enough for sales that could justify all of that development.

It sort of is an experimental title, I hope it becomes huge though, and that this idea can get a sequel game that is truly fleshed out, with explorable cities, Pirate colonies, etc.

The features of Black Flag outside of Naval gameplay exported to multiplayer essetially. Would be cool to have your own multiplayer stronghold/fort/Pirate colony.

These are features that probably need to wait though until the game makes enough success in sales.

For any series that you care about though, you should definitely show support to ensure its future!

Galakseeowonder
06-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Just give boarding ships temporary immunity so, people can actually have some fun.

Haha how can you say you want immersion and then ask for immunity lmao. If the boarding could be rewarding enough to make the other ship yours it would be normal to have great risks. For example (sorry to refer to this game again but it is my reference for naval coop/pvp game) in Naval Action, when you board a ship it takes time to do the battle but by the time, you team mates could help you by shooting some grape shots or preventing enemy ships to shoot at you. You could even do this in 25vs25 pvp but mainly you would board when there is fewer enemies, the battle is shattered across the ocean and you have cornered one ship Brian his last with at least one friend and killed almost half of his crew, you have many things you can fitt your crew with to make them better in boarding but it's always something quite risky

Zipko
06-19-2017, 01:57 AM
what about let players buy ur own PORTwhen u will can uprade ur ship get drunk with friends :D and something like this ? its will be good too after hunt u will go back to ur PORT and fix ur ship,and others ...buy pub on that what will make money for u...like in AC its will be good ;)

projectpat06
06-19-2017, 08:00 AM
Just wish the game wasn't pvp focused. Wanted more an actual single player pirate game that basically is a more RPG customizable version of AC4 Blackflag with better graphics and better mechanics.

No one really cared about pvp ship battles except a vocal minority crying about Ac4 being single player on in the naval portion.

I'll get the game but once it's dirt cheap. Hopefully they'll use their talents to make an awesome single player pirate RPG in the next game

Sh1neSp4rk
06-19-2017, 08:25 AM
No one really cared about pvp ship battles except a vocal minority crying about Ac4 being single player on in the naval portion.

I think it's a little unfair to assume that it's only a small number of people who want a PvP ship battle game. I for one would find having much beyond that to be a waste of effort. I've recently installed Black Flag (having never played it before) in the hopes of getting a taste of what might be in Skull & Bones. I'm incredibly frustrated with the game as all I seem to be doing is talking to people and doing sword combat. I don't want any of that and I'm very excited to see that it looks like Skull & Bones will mostly focus on multiplayer competitive combat. That's not to say that some other kind pirate game wouldn't be a good time for other people but I believe (and apparently so does Ubisoft) that there are quite a few of us that want little more than intense ship v ship battles. There are already a plethora of good pirate games out there, not a lot in the way of 18th century competitive naval combat games (admittedly pretty niche)

TexasCaesar
06-19-2017, 08:22 PM
I think it's a little unfair to assume that it's only a small number of people who want a PvP ship battle game. I for one would find having much beyond that to be a waste of effort. I've recently installed Black Flag (having never played it before) in the hopes of getting a taste of what might be in Skull & Bones. I'm incredibly frustrated with the game as all I seem to be doing is talking to people and doing sword combat. I don't want any of that and I'm very excited to see that it looks like Skull & Bones will mostly focus on multiplayer competitive combat. That's not to say that some other kind pirate game wouldn't be a good time for other people but I believe (and apparently so does Ubisoft) that there are quite a few of us that want little more than intense ship v ship battles. There are already a plethora of good pirate games out there, not a lot in the way of 18th century competitive naval combat games (admittedly pretty niche)

What about...

Fort assaults
Underwater exploration
Harpooning
Tavern games
Plantation raids (stealth)

Black Flag is filled to the brim with activities, many of which would fit very well into a pirate spin-off.

I wanted PvP ship battles too, I thought it was disappointing that it was left out of Black Flag. I also wanted improvements to naval combat. But that could have easily been fit into a normal pirate game as the multiplayer mode. Heck, it's not like companies can't afford to produce big games with both fully-fledged singleplayer and multiplayer modes. Just like at Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption.