PDA

View Full Version : Leave penalty solved nothing

PablO_Chaconn
06-14-2017, 12:26 AM
Leave penalty was introduced to stop rage quitting and make the game experience better for everyone.

Sorry to say but it's made the game worse.
soon as players see low rank and low gear score on there team , they leave.
Soon as players see more then one centurion or shanobi on the opposing team , they leave.

I'm joining more and more games that are already in play and are filled with bots.

Looks to me that people are quitting even more then what they was before

Baggin_
06-14-2017, 12:38 AM
Leave penalty was introduced to stop rage quitting and make the game experience better for everyone.

Soon as players see more then one centurion or shanobi on the opposing team , they leave.

I'm joining more and more games that are already in play and are filled with bots.

I haven't had this problem. All the matches I've played have been good. They really just need to take out the 30 second grace period and start taking steel from people when they leave.

PablO_Chaconn
06-14-2017, 12:43 AM
Been terrible for me mate . Don't usually have a problem but today has been bad . Been on it an hour and just decided to get off it . Probably just a bad day for me . Try again tomorrow

Titanodragon
06-14-2017, 12:44 AM
Been terrible for me mate . Don't usually have a problem but today has been bad . Been on it an hour and just decided to get off it . Probably just a bad day for me . Try again tomorrow

Yes have Ubisoft take steel from people that won't make anyone mad. Oh let me go buy some steel only to have the company I bought it from take it back without a refund. Sounds great

Baggin_
06-14-2017, 12:51 AM
Yes have Ubisoft take steel from people that won't make anyone mad. Oh let me go buy some steel only to have the company I bought it from take it back without a refund. Sounds great

It's simple, don't quit.

Titanodragon
06-14-2017, 01:02 AM
It's simple, make a game with good matchmaking, balance, and connection

Baggin_
06-14-2017, 01:06 AM
The matchmaking is fine for me unless people quit, the connection is great as well. The game is pretty balanced with some issues yes, but it's getting worked on. Stop quitting the game when you're losing. I don't quit when I lose so you don't have to either.

Titanodragon
06-14-2017, 01:09 AM
When did I say I quit because I'm losing? And just because the connection is good for doesn't mean it's great for everyone. Yes it has gotten better, but its still not great.

PablO_Chaconn
06-14-2017, 01:15 AM
The matchmaking is fine for me unless people quit, the connection is great as well. The game is pretty balanced with some issues yes, but it's getting worked on. Stop quitting the game when you're losing. I don't quit when I lose so you don't have to either.

Iv never quit , I always stay to the end . There has been times where my team has been getting destroyed and we managed to pull it back . Can't beat that feeling .
Just today has been a nightmare . Like I said I don't usually have any connection issues but tonight i have . Most of the games iv been joining have already started and full with bots . People are leaving soon as they get into the game for there reasons

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 01:20 AM
When did I say I quit because I'm losing? And just because the connection is good for doesn't mean it's great for everyone. Yes it has gotten better, but its still not great.

the matchmaking is actually atrocious. I recently got a gaming PC and out of curiosity I thought I would test out the difference between PC and console so I bought for honor again. I didn't really intend on keeping it but I just had to get a feeling for myself what its like with 60fps. I won my first 3 duels (all against the same guy, beat him once he left the lobby and got matched with him again.) and its incredibly different than console. It's definitely a ton easier to parry lights and I understand why the turtle meta is more of a problem on PC. Next I faced off against this guy https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/PEEPEEPOO.

How in the hell is the matchmaking so bad that it pits someone whose played the game for 15 minutes against a guy who is in the top .2% time played in the top 5% of overall win rate? That is incredibly bad and I can't even fathom someone defending this. I won one match and he won 3, I realilze the community is a little bit smaller on steam but that is insane especially since at the time dueling had very high activity. Heres a link to my own stats on pc to show I'm not just making this up https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Antonioj26. It shows that I played yesterday and reflects the wins and losses I described.

Mia.Nora
06-14-2017, 01:25 AM
the matchmaking is actually atrocious. I recently got a gaming PC and out of curiosity I thought I would test out the difference between PC and console so I bought for honor again. I didn't really intend on keeping it but I just had to get a feeling for myself what its like with 60fps. I won my first 3 duels (all against the same guy, beat him once he left the lobby and got matched with him again.) and its incredibly different than console. It's definitely a ton easier to parry lights and I understand why the turtle meta is more of a problem on PC. Next I faced off against this guy https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/PEEPEEPOO.

How in the hell is the matchmaking so bad that it pits someone whose played the game for 15 minutes against a guy who is in the top .2% time played in the top 5% of overall win rate? That is incredibly bad and I can't even fathom someone defending this. I won one match and he won 3, I realilze the community is a little bit smaller on steam but that is insane especially since at the time dueling had very high activity. Heres a link to my own stats on pc to show I'm not just making this up https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Antonioj26. It shows that I played yesterday and reflects the wins and losses I described.

You are right on both points; PC vs Console is a world of difference in terms of gameplay.

And PC matchmaking it really atrocious, not to mention horrible wait times.

dekot11
06-14-2017, 03:16 AM

The matchmaking is screwed up like that on console too. I have a 75% win rate on one of my accounts and matchmaking takes a much much longer time than on accounts with 60-65 percent. It generally puts you against tougher opponents but more than a couple times a night, it'll throw a complete noob against me. I'm talking about a guy who has played maybe 5 matches and lost all of them. That never happens on the other accounts with lower winrates. I blame the low population and their ******ed matchmaking algorithm.

Antonioj26
06-14-2017, 03:21 AM
The matchmaking is screwed up like that on console too. I have a 75% win rate on one of my accounts and matchmaking takes a much much longer time than on accounts with 60-65 percent. It generally puts you against tougher opponents but more than a couple times a night, it'll throw a complete noob against me. I'm talking about a guy who has played maybe 5 matches and lost all of them. That never happens on the other accounts with lower winrates. I blame the low population and their ******ed matchmaking algorithm.

Yeah I had a feeling it had to do with me winning those first 3 matches and me having a 100% winrate at that point but that's just plain silly for that to be enough to stack me against peepeepoo

salekr
06-14-2017, 07:01 AM
The game is pretty balanced with some issues yes, but it's getting worked on

Pretty balanced?!
Some issues?!

You are talking about For Honor, right?

My.Insanity
06-14-2017, 07:18 AM
I agree with the OP... leave penalty solved nothing.. at the current state... they need to punish leaver harder!

Ragequit should be: 10min ban + 1 Lose + 0/10 K/D Stats <--- grab the Ragequitters by their Playerstats!

People play to win.. ofc.. and if they face a overwehlming defeat they will still quit cuz 10min waiting is nothing.

And yes they could rly improve the matchmaking system but for me (playing on PC) it doesnt matter... their are not many Players left so i face most of them again and again even if they would improve the Matchmaking system it would only increase the chance that i face the same people over and over again.

Obdach01
06-14-2017, 08:28 AM
Good matchmaking, balance and all that is called for will not stop ragequitters from ragequitting. What is the complaint? That the quit penalty did not stop the ragequitters? You will always have ragequitters... they are just less now. Even if only one player stopped, it achieved something positive. And if nothing changed, why complain about the penalty? Because without it, they still would leave.

This post is just useless. Sorry.

Tomas_Jari
06-14-2017, 09:19 AM
I did not have any problems. I ended normaly 9 maybe 10 dominations with no rage quit or disconnect...7 times maybe I won maybe 3 times I lost.. I like this game. Enjoy it

DrinkinMyStella
06-14-2017, 09:43 AM
lets wait for the MM patch and then see how things are.

Berard_Gutler
06-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Same crap, people leaving like mad, disconnectors and **** .. as i said it needs a progressive punishement first 30 minutes at least then 2 hour then 24 hours then a week..

The_B0G_
06-14-2017, 12:25 PM
30 minute penalties won't help anything, people will just take the game out when they quit instead, this happens enough and eventually people stop playing altogether.

You shouldn't have quit penalties in a game with terrible connection problems, playing with friends is now a pain in the @$$. My friend got booted in the middle of two matches last night, we had to play out 10 mins while he waited for us, how is that fair? I've brought this up numerous times since they started working on the quit penalty and never got any feedback from Ubi.

We even had a couple games crash in the last minute without anyone even quitting. One game was us dominating, 1 guy left on the team who was running, we finally caught him and tge game crashes.

The other game was a really close, fun game, it was 4v2 with both teams breaking, I popped juggernaut and got my revenge and totalled both players fighting me, one dued, the other ran away to heal, I revived my friend that was close by and the game was 3v3 and I knew we were going to win and BAM! Disconnected, no one quit.

The stability needs to improve, get rid of this quit penalty, it changes nothing, only makes it harder to play with friends.

The_B0G_
06-14-2017, 12:46 PM
This quit penalty has helped convince my friends to finally buy Battlefield 1 though, which is on sale for 31 dollars on Playstation store, so I do thank you for that.

Dhaleks
06-14-2017, 01:13 PM

I'm not surprised.
Before the leave penalty, you could always stay a bit and see if your team could fight the odds against stronger opponants - sometimes leading to very good surprises or just plain enjoyable matches.
If things turned sour, people would just leave and try another MM right away (I have no problem with that - except for the connections issues, but that's on Ubi, not on the players).

Now that LP is here, and that MM hasn't changed, who's gonna take the risk to start playing an unbalanced game, knowing that they will have to endure it to the end - fun or not?
Nobody's gonna take the risk to loose another 10 minutes, it's best to quit right away and lose 5 minutes only at another MM.

If we had a proper lobby, where one could choose a character and see the rep of all players before actually launching a game, we wouldn't even need a LP.

PablO_Chaconn
06-14-2017, 01:29 PM
I'm not surprised.
Before the leave penalty, you could always stay a bit and see if your team could fight the odds against stronger opponants - sometimes leading to very good surprises or just plain enjoyable matches.
If things turned sour, people would just leave and try another MM right away (I have no problem with that - except for the connections issues, but that's on Ubi, not on the players).

Now that LP is here, and that MM hasn't changed, who's gonna take the risk to start playing an unbalanced game, knowing that they will have to endure it to the end - fun or not?
Nobody's gonna take the risk to loose another 10 minutes, it's best to quit right away and lose 5 minutes only at another MM.

If we had a proper lobby, where one could choose a character and see the rep of all players before actually launching a game, we wouldn't even need a LP.

Spot on mate ! Couldn't agree more . Just made in even worse .
Like you said it's a problem with the connections . instead of taking the blame and sorting the real issue out they have passed the book onto the players and made the experience even worse

rossato2109
06-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Disconections were over the top yesterday. It took me over 30 minutes to actually finish a match. Most of times I would get disconected the moment the match started.

PablO_Chaconn
06-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Disconections were over the top yesterday. It took me over 30 minutes to actually finish a match. Most of times I would get disconected the moment the match started.

Tell me about it !
Iv never had a big problem with connecting, always been good .
Just lately seem to be DC or games are really laggy

Thorstein31
06-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Spot on mate ! Couldn't agree more . Just made in even worse .
Like you said it's a problem with the connections . instead of taking the blame and sorting the real issue out they have passed the book onto the players and made the experience even worse

You guys nailed it! This game uses the same "idea" of Titan Fall, same number of players, ai controlled minions and so on. But respawn and EA have worked the things out and created a game with almost no issues on multiplayer.
Here they used the same "formula", but Ubisoft is light years away from respawn and EA on that subject. The connection issues are going since beta, i have the same errors since the release and the fault is all on Ubisoft poor set of choices on the subject.

UbiNoty
06-15-2017, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the rq-penalty all! Please also feel free to leave your thoughts on it here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1687585-Early-Quit-Penalty-Feedback-Thread) in our feedback thread as we're looking to get as much feedback as we can on it.