PDA

View Full Version : Is PS Plus required for multiplayer?

shimkwan
06-14-2017, 12:12 AM
Hi,

Is PlayStation Plus required for multiplayer in this game?

Thank you.

Mulletino
06-14-2017, 07:17 AM
Yes.

From here (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000027241/Console-technical-requirements-for-Star-Trek-Bridge-Crew):

Since Star Trek Bridge Crew is a VR (Virtual Reality) game, you will need the Playstation VR kit to play: PSVR goggles and either a dual shock controller or a pair of motion controllers.

The game supports PS4 and PS4 Pro. If you want to use the online features of the game, you also need an active Playstation Plus membership.

shimkwan
06-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Thanks Mulletino

Emexrulsier
06-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Ahhhh the joys of PC gaming, no silly subscription services :D

Babeline
06-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Sony knows how to make them pay. This is a good business strategy ^^

Emexrulsier
06-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Sony knows how to make them pay. This is a good business strategy ^^

I wonder though how some games get around the requirement for PS Plus whilst still allowing network play. I know Neverwinter is one such game. Coincidently the software house behind Neverwinter also have a startrek game which features enemies like the Borg. Makes me think they may have rights the trademark which would prevent ubisoft from using them (hopefully not)

shimkwan
06-14-2017, 11:04 PM
I wonder though how some games get around the requirement for PS Plus whilst still allowing network play. I know Neverwinter is one such game. Coincidently the software house behind Neverwinter also have a startrek game which features enemies like the Borg. Makes me think they may have rights the trademark which would prevent ubisoft from using them (hopefully not)

Bugger! I hope thats not the case!
The Borg are my fave race, and I would love to play as the Borg in a future DLC :)