PDA

View Full Version : looks like far cry 3 to me

THEM1LKMAN1
06-13-2017, 08:37 PM
im not a big fan of the new far cry games. this one looks exactly the same as 3 and 4 were. i have no idea why people are so hyped for this. anybody else feel this way? Far cry 2 was a masterpiece one of the greatest games ever made. its been downhill since then. you can even tell from the gameplay trailer that came out the other day the a.i has not improved at all still dumb as rocks. the guy is standing 20 feet from all of them and nobody notices him.

i feel like these devs are more concerned with being edgy and controversial and creating hype than making a great game. im also incredibly sick of dogs in games. everyone is so hyped for a stupid dog. when did dogs become invincible sentient intelligent beings??? they are actually pretty stupid in real life if anybody noticed? ill shoot a dog in the face no problem ( i mean i wouldnt really) but if i was a bad guy with a gun id shoot a dog right in its stupid face. what happened to this series??

HorTyS
06-14-2017, 12:21 AM
I mean,yeah, you guys are obviously the minority because FC has done way better as a franchise since FC3 from a sales perspective. FC3 put the series back on the map in a way that FC2 was unable to. I enjoyed FC2, I liked a lot of things about it, (though I'm nowhere near calling it a masterpiece, it had a fair share of issues & questionable design decisions as well), but it was a very divisive game and rubbed plenty of people the wrong way. When FC3 hit and sold significantly better, it's no surprise that they're sticking closer to the designs of FC3 rather than to FC2 which did not do as well for them financially...FC3 sold probably 3x or more what FC2 sold, in less time. Obviously with differing directors the games will be effected by that, but thats a good thing, it means changes occur because new perspectives see what didn't work. If FC2 had been more profitable and features of the game embraced by a larger audience they probably wouldn't have made such sweeping changes, even if new directors had been involved. If weapon jamming hadn't been lambasted as much as it was they might have kept that but most people found it frustrating (i simply found it poorly balanced)

I never understand it when people want or expect drastic changes to a working formula. Iteration, for sure, but to suggest they should change massive elements of the design structure when said structure has made the series profitable is illogical....

HorTyS
06-14-2017, 05:50 PM
Based on the story mode only. Which everyone probably only plays through once since its so repetitive series. Far Cry 5 doesn't have a chance for game of the year. Red dead redemption 2 will take UBISOFT lunch money. Telling ya now if UBISOFT resorts back to Far Cry 3 map editor of private 1 map lobby system I'm not buying yet again. Its a shame really. I wanted to make some cool multiplayer maps. Get a few old tribute maps in their from other franchises as well as a few originals. UBISOFT killed every franchise it owns. Heck no wonder why all their games become free with games with gold. They killed off the GRAW series. GRAW2 was the best.

I can tell you this is not true for me and I"m sure there are others as well. I've played the SP of FC3/4 multiple times. The SP portion is consistently fun, I've never enjoyed the MP element and because the MP has never been very good I've never been motivated to put much effort into the ME..

terry427
06-15-2017, 01:49 AM
<Quote> a masterpiece one of the greatest games ever made <unquote>

I beg to differ, don't get me wrong as I enjoy the game and I'm actually replaying it right now. Love the missions and buddy side missions, the scenery and changing weather make it interesting but part of the game play can best be described as repetitive, monotonous to the point of annoyance and is probably the main reason for the sales stats as posted above.

You drive around (or walk) and you are repeatedly attached in the exact same manner by numbnuts in trucks and cars. They behave the exact same way EVERY time, travel at about 3 times the speed you could ever do (turn around instantly) and it's just plain repetitive bordering on boring. The way they kamikaze run into you again EVERY time if they can, it really distracts from the main game play after a while, they are so predicable you can ambush them as they show up at the same place at the same time EVERY time. Similarly the checkpoints you have to pass through to get anywhere, you clear one out then come back five minutes later and it's entirely rebuilt with the same guys doing the exact same thing.
So repetitive.

So while the missions and actual story play in good, these repetitive aspects (especially the truck/car attacks) distract a lot and would put off the casual gamer for sure.

Cheers

terry427
06-15-2017, 07:11 AM
According to the creative director the team spent too many resources on the overhauling of the series that they had to abandon a big chunk of the project and prepare the product for the release on the market.

I'm sorry mate, but that's a complete irrelevance. Saying something (a book, film, game) would have been different if they finished what they wanted is totally irrelevant, you can only comment/critique what's in the finished product.

On the rest your are of course entitled to your opinion but I stand by my comments, thanks.

HorTyS
06-15-2017, 07:23 AM
Yeah and if someone found the repetitive nature of the game's structure, jeep attacks & respawning checkpoints anything beyond a frustrating chore to deal with after 5 hours as a positive element to the game I'd have to question that person's judgement in general anyway. Check points that respawn after you turn a corner and have to fight them again got insanely frustrating, and someone believing that is a good thing or a fun aspect of the game is absurd.

HorTyS
06-15-2017, 07:52 AM
You're totally right, i forgot to put that statement as a side note.
As i pointed out that is subjective, there is people like me that like that constant action more than the emptiness of Far Cry 3.

The issue was implementation. We know now that the reason they respawned in like 2 minutes is because they spawned every time that checkpoint was loaded into the game, they did not make it so it remembered it had been cleared due to technical limitations. Same with FC3, in that game taking an outpost meant the surrounding area no longer spawned any hostile activity, but that was also something that could be avoided by the player by not taking each & every outpost. I did that initially on my 1st playthrough because I was getting familiar with the game and it was encouraged, but upon realizing the effect of taking all the outposts depleting the world of hostilities in total, I subsequently only captured outposts that had memory cards and/or the rare hunting quests, that way some areas remained hostile...

While I agree that the checkpoints in FC2 kept the world filled with conflict, it did so in a way that was ultimately detrimental to pace or flow for (i guess) most players. Sometimes I would be on my way somewhere, stop, clear a checkpoint, continue, remember I needed to replace my pistol or restock on something, turn around and have to fight those same 3 guys like less than a minute after clearing it before... situations like that made the constant respawning less about maintaining "constant action" and more about eye-rolling annoyance, it just became a tedious chore.... I suppose that is subjective, but having absolutely no issue with it and thinking it was a great thing is pretty strange, like the inverse would be someone saying they clear all the outposts in FC3 as quickly as possible so they don't have to deal with enemy patrols anymore is awesome and the game is better for it...

Also I would say FC2 is exempt from being called a masterpiece because stealth was barely a viable option. Regardless of detection or not, enemies eventually went into alert when "x" number of enemies died in a location, and they all had hive mind AI so that when one knew where you were they all did.... Stealth play in FC2 was no where near as enjoyable as it is in the more current games.... also it looses massive points for not having a bow & arrow... :/

HorTyS
06-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Far Cry 2 was a master piece as in for multiplayer server browser and a playlist of maps and public and vote to skip maps. Yeah the player movement was a bit clunky though.

The MP had more issues than clunky movement as well...

GiveMeTactical
06-15-2017, 06:24 PM
To me, the masterpiece was the first one, even with the gruesome inhumans which were part of the game. the world might have been small but it was open to the point where you could go anywhere you wanted or at least have a couple of options and things changed depending on the path you took.

FC2 came in and the watering down started with the picking of diamonds to get money to upgrade, xp crap and the chore about clearing every post you just cleared 1 minute ago... did not even finish the campaign and I am all about campaigns not like PvE or PvP/MP.

Once you get past the grinding and the fact that a snooty kid can not become Navy Seal guy just because, FC3 & FC4 are fun to play. Hell, even the perk animations can be considered cool. AI is as dumb as rocks but since the game was not considered tactical but an action adventure game, the game is enjoyable for a few playthroughs.

I have never been much for believing that trailer videos are even remotely close to what the real game will be and since the trend for UBI and a lot of publishers is to mix all their games into one big open world, I am looking forward to this one hoping that I will not have to command blob teammates or any companions but will have to wait for the real gameplay videos to make a decision of how many updates after release it will take for me to purchase it.

HorTyS
06-15-2017, 08:21 PM
In the SP i don't think FC2 had any xp systems....

THEM1LKMAN1
06-15-2017, 09:22 PM
lmao at far cry 2 being repetitive. the new far cry games are 100x more repetitive. fast travel here shoot this guy, fast travel here kill this bear with an rpg, fast travel here kill this guy with a knife, fast travel here kill the bear with a c4 this time, ok now climb this tower. rinse and repeat that 100x and you have the new far cry games in a nut shell

THEM1LKMAN1
06-15-2017, 09:24 PM
and lets remember how old of a game fc2 is. came out in 06 or 07 if i remember. of course it has problems but its amazing how much better the a.i is and how much more deep the game is overall.

THEM1LKMAN1
06-15-2017, 09:28 PM
Yeah and if someone found the repetitive nature of the game's structure, jeep attacks & respawning checkpoints anything beyond a frustrating chore to deal with after 5 hours as a positive element to the game I'd have to question that person's judgement in general anyway. Check points that respawn after you turn a corner and have to fight them again got insanely frustrating, and someone believing that is a good thing or a fun aspect of the game is absurd.

thats the whole point of far cry. the title is called far cry as in far cry from home. the world is supposed to always be hostile and dangerous no matter what. you arent supposed to be able to "take over" or own anything. youre supposed to be fighting for your life at all times

HorTyS
06-16-2017, 01:26 AM
thats the whole point of far cry. the title is called far cry as in far cry from home. the world is supposed to always be hostile and dangerous no matter what. you arent supposed to be able to "take over" or own anything. youre supposed to be fighting for your life at all times

You and I have differing views on what makes "Far Cry" Far Cry. You can have a game with a level of tension without constantly keeping your foot on the player's neck. It wasn't even that it was a constant fight for your life, it wasn't overly difficult to defeat the 3 enemies at those checkpoints, and that is exactly why it was tedious. I just want to turn around and go to my safe house cause i forgot to restock on ammo and now i can't go 30 feet without fighting the same 3 enemies because I had gone around a corner... that isn't a fun kind of stress, it's stress due to aggregation and tedium, not legitimate fear or tension...

THEM1LKMAN1
06-16-2017, 02:20 AM
You and I have differing views on what makes "Far Cry" Far Cry. You can have a game with a level of tension without constantly keeping your foot on the player's neck. It wasn't even that it was a constant fight for your life, it wasn't overly difficult to defeat the 3 enemies at those checkpoints, and that is exactly why it was tedious. I just want to turn around and go to my safe house cause i forgot to restock on ammo and now i can't go 30 feet without fighting the same 3 enemies because I had gone around a corner... that isn't a fun kind of stress, it's stress due to aggregation and tedium, not legitimate fear or tension...

ok so youd rather be a tank with infinite ammo and health and have no challenge at all. cause thats exactly what these new games are. gotcha

HorTyS
06-16-2017, 05:26 AM
ok so youd rather be a tank with infinite ammo and health and have no challenge at all. cause thats exactly what these new games are. gotcha

Not at all, those are conclusions you jumped to without me saying a word about what I actually want or think would be interesting changes that could be made. I have made it clear I do not wholly agree with your ideas, and so you assume I think the exact opposite. However I get the impression you're not the type who looks at multiple perspectives and gathers information before making judgements or forming opinions, so describing some of my views would most likely be a fruitless endeavor...

WID992007
06-16-2017, 05:30 PM
i personally played the far cry 5 Demo at E 3 as a Ubisoft Star player .... i can promise you NO the game looks nothing like FC 3

its waaaayyyy BETTER :cool: ..you'll see in a few months when the full game ships , the new Guns and fangs for hire feature looks great and totally changes your game play experience from Previous Far Cry games.

HorTyS
06-16-2017, 05:38 PM
i personally played the far cry 5 Demo at E 3 as a Ubisoft Star player .... i can promise you NO the game looks nothing like FC 3

its waaaayyyy BETTER :cool: ..you'll see in a few months when the full game ships , the new Guns and fangs for hire feature looks great and totally changes your game play experience from Previous Far Cry games.

Oh wow, you got to play it? Have you any more hands on impressions you can provide? From the vids i've seen i sorta got the impression that fall damage thresholds were finally increased, can you speak to that at all? What about general movement and navigation? It seemed to me to be slightly more fluid though without hands on I can't say for sure. The weapon wheel is laid out differently, what did you think of the changes there? Seemed almost like you can carry more weapons than before. Were you able to find a pitchfork? I am really looking forward to throwing a pitchfork into a "pegi's" face....

WID992007
06-16-2017, 08:10 PM
WID992007 that's interesting. But what about people looking for a lone wolf adventure?
And thanks for sharing your experience at E3 by the way.

Lone wolf dunno as it seemed the Demo had you using an AI companion .. i suppose yea you could go it alone but i did not try that as i wanted to see how well the companion AI worked
and yep it was great as i stalked the Falls end outpost. id say take boomer with ya as he can snag your enemies guns and can walk about until you order him to attack ..if your AI guns or fangs for hire goes down .. they can die .. but yea you can revive them ..and they will yes respawn after a period of time.. least thats what i saw @ E 3 when i played

WID992007
06-16-2017, 08:31 PM
Oh wow, you got to play it? Have you any more hands on impressions you can provide? From the vids i've seen i sorta got the impression that fall damage thresholds were finally increased, can you speak to that at all? What about general movement and navigation? It seemed to me to be slightly more fluid though without hands on I can't say for sure. The weapon wheel is laid out differently, what did you think of the changes there? Seemed almost like you can carry more weapons than before. Were you able to find a pitchfork? I am really looking forward to throwing a pitchfork into a "pegi's" face....

YES I PLAYED IT :cool:

they had a giant section @ E3 with about 10 or so spots for people to try the game on PS 4 , they did not have a PC version at e 3 i suppose they are still working to optimize for PC and that will take time as the game i suppose is still in ALPHA and they want time to polish the game up ..but yea in ps4 the graphics looked amazing , the game looked very colorful and the vegetation was well done .. the game did not have any red warnings on where you not could explore so you could pretty much flank the town and scope it out before taking it down

controls .. well i had to get used to a PS 4 controller ..as i do not own a console for me that took getting used too as far as movement it seemed fine once i adjust to only using a controller .. (i hate controllers BTW wish they would have had a pc version with a KB + mouse available but i suppose its to early for that )

but yea once i got used to the controller it played pretty damn smooth

the weapon wheel seemed like FC 4 to me

the weapons i used were a roof top mounted gun (after i took the position ) . assault rifle , i did find throwing knives dynamite and a Molotov ( think i had some ) , a shot gun and yea you get a sniper rifle and can yes even find a fishing rod to use to go fishing i guess , i did not see the pitchfork .. but i was equipped with a nice baseball bat that was fun to use

nothing like sneaking up on a bad guy and beating the back of his skull in :lol

the vehicles were well done ..only drove a truck for a bit and blew up quite a few of them .. the explosions and fire effects were like all far cry games .. EXCELLENT, there also seemed to me to be an effort by Ubisoft to make the game look REALLY DAMN PRETTY
.. and yes they did pull that off VERY WELL the game looked amazing as far as the trees blowing grasses and forests , buildings and well everything looked very vibrant

take downs i really did not try to use so i can't say if they were in the Demo it may have popped up on my screen but i kept moving to check out every area of Falls END ..an i like guns better... and yes the guns worked fine , and really for me it was weird to try to play with a controller ..

but yea they did have a decent Demo for the game set up at e 3 in the ubi booth @ e 3 and featured a few other new games there as well like the Crew 2 which i also enjoyed getting to try out .... e 3 was alot of fun and i was honored to be there as a guest of Ubisoft as a Star player for 2017 .. thanks again Ubisoft !

HorTyS
06-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Your obsession lets me think that you're a pitchfork fetish. JK :p

Throwing spears was the best part of primal. I have always enjoyed weapons or attacks invovling impaling your enemy, dunno why, but it's why I love bows & arrows as well. Nothing sexual in nature, I find it hilarious to chuck a spear right in some caveman's skull, so throwing a pitchfork in some cultists mug will be great fun I imagine. I definitely prefer FC set in modern day scenarios, so I didn't expect to have an equivalent to spears, but when I heard we can huck spears at fools? You know i was all about that! hahaha

Lone wolf dunno as it seemed the Demo had you using an AI companion .. i suppose yea you could go it alone but i did not try that as i wanted to see how well the companion AI worked
and yep it was great as i stalked the Falls end outpost. id say take boomer with ya as he can snag your enemies guns and can walk about until you order him to attack ..if your AI guns or fangs for hire goes down .. they can die .. but yea you can revive them ..and they will yes respawn after a period of time.. least thats what i saw @ E 3 when i played

Yeah, it looks as though the e3 demo sort of sets you with an ally by default. What can you tell us of the controls? It sees as though 3 d-pad directions are dedicated to GFH, so things like the button for throwing rocks is no longer there. Were you able to throw rocks or did that never come up.? Also were there stealth takedowns? All the takedowns I've seen are with the bat or bare handed and none of them seemed like they were stealthy, they seemed like moves that would alert a nearby guard, can you speak on that at all?

WID992007
06-16-2017, 09:07 PM
you can use rocks and yes there is a button for that .. yes i goofed and threw one instead of a stick of dynamite :lol and hit a guy with one ,,and got shot

again i did not try the take-downs i was trying to see how well boomer worked (the dog does some good work for you and yep brings you back a weapon .. useful when ya get low on ammo)..i also did use Grace and put her in a few good snipy spots to cover me )
you can tell your guns for hire where to go and select anyone you want them to kill when you aim at them AND PRESS your d pad

as to stealth not alot were trying that route that i saw ...i did sneak up on one guy and wacked hois brains in with a bat .. but got detected after he dropped by another guy on a roof i did not see i wanted to try sneaking in but could not get used to the game pad to use my throwing knives i found

as to how WELL the game pad works .. dunno as i never use a game pad for any FPS games i prefer a KB + mouse ..but at e 3 all they had was a PS 4 version
used the sticks to look and move and use d pad buttons control your ai players actions on where you want them to go

i really can't say to much more as i am still under a pretty tight NDA with Ubisoft that i do not wish to violate AND THERE ARE VIDEOS ALREADY UP COVERING THE DEMO AS WELL AS A TON OF INFO HERE ON THE FORUMS and the Ubi Blog

one thing i actually can say tho .. I CANT WAIT till FEBUARY 2018 to play again :p

yes the game looks and plays that damn good

Blase544
06-19-2017, 01:38 PM
I liked FC3 and FC4 so if the game builds on them in terms of gameplay then I cant wait :)

D.DVD
06-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Same here.... looking forward to playing it.

Fallen-Champ
06-22-2017, 12:29 PM
WID992007 that's interesting. But what about people looking for a lone wolf adventure?
With the demo you had to select one of the 3 so either Grace, Nick, Boomer

I think in game we maybe have to unlock them at locations on the map so if we don't unlock them then we can't use them so that would give you the lone wolf experience if it does work anything like that.

HorTyS
06-22-2017, 06:17 PM
However the other demo mission of liberating "Rye & sons Aviation" which is followed by Nick Rye tasking you with destroying silos & convoys, so it seems like interaction with various GFH characters is intertwined with completing the game so meeting the characters does not seem optional in some cases. For some of the potential characters maybe but I get the impression some of the major ones are tied into the campaign's progression.....

HorTyS
06-23-2017, 01:23 AM
Still doesn't mean you have to actually use them in the field....

WID992007
06-24-2017, 12:19 AM
see this

https://www.pcgamesn.com/far-cry-5/people-really-love-fishing-in-far-cry-5

scrapser
06-27-2017, 02:47 AM
I think it would be great to see Far Cry move in the direction of Operation Flashpoint in terms of tactical realism and making use of in game friendlies. The trailer appears to show a little of this with assigning the sniper babe to cover you from the water tower. So maybe there's hope after all. These games are capable of delivering so much more than they have if only the company would explore the possibilities. I realize most people are not looking for much realism as the sales figures indicate. But great sales just means you are feeding the crowd what they want to eat and nothing more. McDonald's has been working that approach for decades and look how nutritious their food is.

HorTyS
06-27-2017, 04:38 AM
I think it would be great to see Far Cry move in the direction of Operation Flashpoint in terms of tactical realism and making use of in game friendlies. The trailer appears to show a little of this with assigning the sniper babe to cover you from the water tower. So maybe there's hope after all. These games are capable of delivering so much more than they have if only the company would explore the possibilities. I realize most people are not looking for much realism as the sales figures indicate. But great sales just means you are feeding the crowd what they want to eat and nothing more. McDonald's has been working that approach for decades and look how nutritious their food is.

That metaphor makes no sense, people don't go to mickey D's because they want nutritious, wholesome food. If anything the opposite is true. Great sales means you are creating a game with far reaching, wide appeal. Creating a product that many people want is the entire point of every consumer product. FC is not, nor has it ever been (or should be) a realistic tactical shooter. Play operation flashpoint if that is what you are looking for. Those types of games do exist, and to say they should change FC into that would be depriving consumers of the more unique gameplay that FC currently provides.

scrapser
06-27-2017, 04:04 PM
That metaphor makes no sense, people don't go to mickey D's because they want nutritious, wholesome food. If anything the opposite is true. Great sales means you are creating a game with far reaching, wide appeal. Creating a product that many people want is the entire point of every consumer product. FC is not, nor has it ever been (or should be) a realistic tactical shooter. Play operation flashpoint if that is what you are looking for. Those types of games do exist, and to say they should change FC into that would be depriving consumers of the more unique gameplay that FC currently provides.

Yes I understand that. I realize there's a mass consumption dynamic at play here. That's why I invoked the McDonald's comparison. But Ubisoft has made a version of Far Cry that was focused on realism once. Now they make an arcade style version of it. Why not make the game so the player can dial the realism up or down and please all of us? If they developed a core game and kept it so it could be reused with each new release, the money saved could be put into developing the scaling realism I just described. That's my main desire and why I keep harping on all this.

By the way, I like our conversation just so you know.

HorTyS
06-27-2017, 05:34 PM
Yes I understand that. I realize there's a mass consumption dynamic at play here. That's why I invoked the McDonald's comparison. But Ubisoft has made a version of Far Cry that was focused on realism once. Now they make an arcade style version of it. Why not make the game so the player can dial the realism up or down and please all of us? If they developed a core game and kept it so it could be reused with each new release, the money saved could be put into developing the scaling realism I just described. That's my main desire and why I keep harping on all this.

By the way, I like our conversation just so you know.

Well thank you, glad to see someone can appreciate a questioning of perspectives. I agree that FC2 attempted something very, very different than the FC games before or since, but honestly I don't believe Ubi saw it as much of a success. I mean, it did well enough for them not to completely abandon the brand, but the massive changes are a reaction to FC2's less than stellar performance financially by my estimation. I loved FC2, it was great, but from day one I was kind of annoyed at how bullet sponge-y enemies were.

There was a lot to love about the game, but also plenty of frustrations. I would say though that the good outweighed the bad. I think finding a balance between FC2 and the current games has the potential to be the ultimate FC game. I've been saying for a while that my "dream" FC game would go back to Africa and bring back a more balanced, better implemented weapon jamming system and the superior fire-propagation. It would also retain the takedown system (and greatly expand on it as well) as well as a deeper & more layered outpost mechanic.

scrapser
06-28-2017, 12:02 AM
Well thank you, glad to see someone can appreciate a questioning of perspectives. I agree that FC2 attempted something very, very different than the FC games before or since, but honestly I don't believe Ubi saw it as much of a success. I mean, it did well enough for them not to completely abandon the brand, but the massive changes are a reaction to FC2's less than stellar performance financially by my estimation. I loved FC2, it was great, but from day one I was kind of annoyed at how bullet sponge-y enemies were.

There was a lot to love about the game, but also plenty of frustrations. I would say though that the good outweighed the bad. I think finding a balance between FC2 and the current games has the potential to be the ultimate FC game. I've been saying for a while that my "dream" FC game would go back to Africa and bring back a more balanced, better implemented weapon jamming system and the superior fire-propagation. It would also retain the takedown system (and greatly expand on it as well) as well as a deeper & more layered outpost mechanic.

Before FC3 was released there was an announcement it was being worked on and the website included a photo of an African environment and included an armored tracked vehicle. I guess it was just somebody's photoshop but it really looked cool. I was half expecting that was what the next release was going to look like. So you can imagine my surprise to see the actual game cover with Vass sitting on the beach.

I too wish the company would take the best of both Far Cry designs, keep all the good stuff, make an effort to really polish it all and include a sliding scale realism system. That would be heaven for me. I think they should do this with South America as the game world. There are so many climates to be emulated there just like Africa.

HorTyS
06-28-2017, 03:08 AM
Africa works so well for me because of all the animals they have there and the variety of terrain and plenty of turmoil from which stories could be inspired. I suppose south america has most of that as well, though not quite the level of dangerous animal variety. I'd also like to see them dive deeper into connecting the story of FC2 to the FC3/4 universes. They did it a bit in 3/4 with bowa seko references & longinus, but it could be cool to return to Africa and see what the effects of everything that happened in FC2 are 10+ years on, and maybe we run into Marty Alencar or Quarbani Sihn...

scrapser
06-28-2017, 04:42 AM
South America would be piranha, caimans, panthers, pythons, anacondas, bushmasters and leopards mainly. Perhaps poisonous spiders while crawling through the bush to make things creepy. There are also some indigenous tribes that are off limits to civilization that they could play with I suppose. They could come after you with blow guns and be hostile to everybody. Then there's the Andes, the rain forests, the high plains (pampas), lots of rivers and such. And instead of warlords and factions there could be drug cartels and corrupt armies to contend with. That was my idea way back.

But another run in Africa would definitely be cool. Sort of an upgrade in terms of wildlife and game detail...but still all the realism!!! LOL

HorTyS
06-28-2017, 06:26 AM
don't forget about the arapaimas!

http://www.saidaonline.com/en/newsgfx/arapaima%20fish-saidaonline.jpg

D.DVD
07-27-2017, 08:50 AM
It is going to be 60 Euros fun..... And you get a lot of hours for it..... :) In the best case, the MP is going to have it around for a long time. Worst case: Just one time the story line.

GameGuru2018
07-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Let's hope that every other game will not be the clone of FarCry3! But it will be a big mistake to wait a techlological breakthrough and super next-gene in every FarCry game. Developers are doing their best. And they can't jump higher their heads. More important if every FarCry game brings its own aura and its own unforgettable taste. One FarCry may be more humorous and light another more tragic and brutal, third more romantic and erotic.....Developers can't totally change gameplay in every FarCry and add new features every time - and it is not needed. I think it should be evolutional process, not revolutional.

HorTyS
07-28-2017, 08:35 PM
Whenever I see people complain that FarCry "x" looks too similar to a past iteration I'm always reminded about how up in arms people got when Splinter Cell: Conviction came out being drastically different than previous games. You will upset a lot of people if you change the game drastically, but a ton of people complain when they feel it hasn't changed enough, so it's kind of a $#!++y deal for devs to try to make a sequel because you will always have groups saying it's either too different or another group saying it's too similar. They can't win.

Thankfully I enjoy the FC games, and honestly just like seeing these iterative variations coming out. They've all been different enough for me and added something that I enjoyed (except primal which didn't do much for me).

HorTyS
07-29-2017, 08:15 AM
At least people played FC2 MP lol

I barely played it, but the few times I did I never had to much trouble finding a game to my recollection, so you've got a point. I played even less FC3 MP, and less still in FC4. Each MP element worse than the last and it was a low bar even with FC2. Hoping FC5 is at least worth playing. I think thats the biggest issue is the mode is always so janky that people give up on it for more responsive, polished games, so all the mappers' work never really gets a chance at a bigger audience... The best FC MP I ever played was probably instincts on the OG xbox....

Gr4nt8r0dy
07-30-2017, 03:54 AM
i don't like halo or call of duty so there are not many fps games with mulitiplayer for me so i am hopeing that this game has a fun multiplayer mode

HorTyS
07-30-2017, 10:22 AM
I have to totally disagree with you there. People gave up on the MP in FC3 and FC4 because the system forced you into playing against random people on random maps - you could not host a playlist publicly.

The MP can be glitchy as hell and I will still enjoy playing it if it allows public lobbys with a large group of friends. The Ubi servers consistently failed in FC2 and everyone would have to restart and then find the host again. But they did - and they kept playing. All night.

I think it's entirely possible for both factors to be contributors to the community falling off. Plenty of janky MP modes in other games die off quickly for the same reasons I mentioned, the random maps, random people and limited hosting options were undoubtedly why the map making and far cry fans fell off, but for the common player it just as likely was because of the lack of polish & overall wonkiness...

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-01-2017, 02:34 AM
i never really made maps or used the map editor but i quit far cry 3 multi player becuase it just wasnt fun same with all my friends