PDA

View Full Version : Knife Takedowns?

Canadian Beer42
06-13-2017, 03:00 PM
I don't know if you guys know but IGN has exclusive gameplay. The only takedown animations I've seen so far are with a baseball bat. Hope the knife makes a return.

HorTyS
06-13-2017, 05:54 PM
yeah, i'm guessing bats and sledgehammers aren't the only weapons you can do takedowns with. It also looks like the bat is actually a equippable weapon, so maybe it only does takedowns when equipped and the knife/ machete is still the default takedown when you've a gun equipped...

Agent_Heulsay
06-14-2017, 02:29 AM
Knife takedowns are highly probable.

Takedowns and stealh gameplay are an ABSOLUTE MUST!

Without it, the Far Cry series are gonna be just like another shooter (to me).

I will not do like most people and say: 'I won't buy it if...' I will just replace this and say: 'I won't bother wasting my time on it'

Let's hope we will have an official response...

HorTyS
06-14-2017, 08:22 AM
There's also a weaponless takedown https://youtu.be/BQ5o4y4oJic?t=3m49s

Ha, nice spot. I saw that vid but didn't notice the hand to hand stuff, though i did see you can have no weapons equipped... Those takedowns weren't stealthy either though. There's gotta be more melee weapons than the bat and sledgehammer, so hopefully an as yet unrevealed weapon will allow for stealthy takedowns. It's a given there will be stealth takedown options, but so far the melee weapons revealed don't really seem to fit the bill for it. Hopefully there are some interesting ones we'll find out about in the future, like hatchets or hunting knives...

One other thing I realized is now it seems as though left/right/down on the D-pad are all dedicated to the various "for hire" functions, and up is probably still equipping the camera, so I"m curious how (or, god forbid, if) we will be able to throw rocks for distractions? I have to admit, rock throwing is a somewhat core component of my play-style....

HorTyS
06-16-2017, 01:29 AM
I'm kinda bummed we didn't get to see a pitchfork throw.. really wanna know what thats like. Hoping it's like spears in FCP, those were the only cool thing that game did...

Fallen-Champ
06-21-2017, 06:05 AM
yeah, i'm guessing bats and sledgehammers aren't the only weapons you can do takedowns with. It also looks like the bat is actually a equippable weapon, so maybe it only does takedowns when equipped and the knife/ machete is still the default takedown when you've a gun equipped...

With the bat as said you can swing it, can do a takedown and also a two handed throw - so I imagine sledge hammer will be the same.
I was going up to people after throwing rocks and it just seemed to be the same where you take them down with a knife but can't remember if there was a button prompt - I just got stuck in, if out of range slightly I am sure you slash at them or if close enough you stick the knife into them.

I used fists but can't remember if it was a selection, you will notice in some videos with the wheel there are circles say under the baseball bat to switch from one thing to another - again I don't know what the other selection was, maybe that was the same with knife or fists - I remember picking up throwing knives so they are in also.

If I ever get to play it pre release again I will take more notice - hopefully someone else will remember or a video will come out.

HorTyS
06-21-2017, 07:31 AM
I have since seen a video that showed the player do a takedown that utilized the bat while he had a gun equipped, so I guess you do takedowns with whatever melee weapon is in your inventory.

Fallen-Champ
06-21-2017, 05:04 PM
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/Far%20Cry%205/Baseball%20Bat_zpsywebuohi.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MrTibarata/media/Far%20Cry%205/Baseball%20Bat_zpsywebuohi.jpg.html)

That was a takedown with a bat, poor quality image but you can see the head splattering out with the force.

HorTyS
06-21-2017, 06:10 PM
Still a little bummed no one at E3 found a pitchfork to fling at someone...

Fallen-Champ
06-22-2017, 07:29 AM
Still a little bummed no one at E3 found a pitchfork to fling at someone...

I honestly don't think the pitchfork was in that demo at E3, one weapon I loved was the harpoon gun which was a bonus weapon connected to a Hurk mission in FC4 I believe.
http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2015/01/FC4_DLC_045_HURK_HARPOON_1422320898.png
So if the pitchfork can do the same in pinning players to walls / doors etc it will no doubt become a favorite for me especially in multiplayer.

HorTyS
06-22-2017, 08:50 AM
I honestly don't think the pitchfork was in that demo at E3, one weapon I loved was the harpoon gun which was a bonus weapon connected to a Hurk mission in FC4 I believe.
So if the pitchfork can do the same in pinning players to walls / doors etc it will no doubt become a favorite for me especially in multiplayer.

Oh man i LOOOOVED the harpoon gun. I don't think I ever got it to pin someone to a wall or tree though, but not for lack of trying! It just never worked, but I loved that thing. However, when I re-bought the game for xbone I didn't have the hurk mission pack so I missed out on it big time! I'm with you though, really looking forward to the pitchfork throwing. Spears were the best weapon in primal imo so I can't wait to have a pitchfork to huck into a pegi's face!