PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One X improvements?

TheNoEffect
06-13-2017, 09:51 AM
Forgive me if this has been covered but I have searched and haven't found an answer.

For those that watched the E3 Microsoft briefing, part of the trailer for the console (show casing its high fidelity upscaling and true 4K) included a Berserker on the Temple Gardens map. This was probably the most exciting part of E3 for me so far.

Just to formally ask...does the XOX provide a platform to reliably increase fps to 60 on console? Obviously this would mean that those with an XOX would have a huge advantage if it's even technically possible (i.e not hard capped at 30) but I wondered if this was something Ubisoft have considered. I can't see why you'd let your IP be used otherwise or are there other plans?

Many thanks for any input you have.

DrExtrem
06-13-2017, 10:14 AM
I dare say, that they are not going to tweak the fps on the xbox version.

Vastly different frame rates on the same console would kill the game on it.

In addition, it it very unlikely, that they will optimize the game at all for higher fidelity on XoX as well. The reason? The way they treat this game in general. All timings are measured in ms and not frames. Something you do for PC games. They alter the game based on PC data first.

Let's face it - the console players are treated like step children, dispite having the bigger player bases.

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 10:34 AM
Forgive me if this has been covered but I have searched and haven't found an answer.

For those that watched the E3 Microsoft briefing, part of the trailer for the console (show casing its high fidelity upscaling and true 4K) included a Berserker on the Temple Gardens map. This was probably the most exciting part of E3 for me so far.

Seriously? I watched the whole thing and don't remember seeing that. Whereabouts in the conference was it?

Draghmar
06-13-2017, 10:40 AM
You sure it wasn't taken from Assasin's Creed? There was something like that in it's trailer.
Could provide link and time where it is shown?

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 10:41 AM
You sure it wasn't taken from Assasin's Creed? There was something like that in it's trailer.

Thats what I was thinking. I really don't think For Honor was shown.

TheNoEffect
06-13-2017, 11:21 AM
https://youtu.be/dZ4GpE3c97U

1hr 43 - the close out montage. It's a Shinobi not a Zerker. Notice how all other games are announcements from E3.

Thoughts?

Egotistic_Ez
06-13-2017, 11:29 AM

1hr 43 - the close out montage. It's a Shinobi not a Zerker. Notice how all other games are announcements from E3.

Thoughts?

Yeah I saw that too. I assume it'll just get a 4k upscale or maybe native. I doubt they'd release it at 60fps, normal xbone players would be free kills. Even destiny2 is capping the xbonex to 30 for balance (is the rumour anyway).

That said, this is Ubisoft, so just ignore my logic and flip a coin.

Capoupacap
06-13-2017, 11:31 AM
I asked this question three times, necer get an answer to it

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 11:39 AM

Thoughts?

Hmm interesting, thanks for the time / link :)

I think Gears of War 4 and Final Fantasy XV were both in the montage as well, and they aren't E3 announcements.

Draghmar
06-13-2017, 11:41 AM
Oh, ok. So they did include FH in this video. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was just montage of everything they could get to make it bigger.

Egotistic_Ez
06-13-2017, 11:52 AM
the XOX

Is this the official acronym? The hugs and kisses?

TheNoEffect
06-13-2017, 12:03 PM
Either that or call it the Zocks? Also, GOW4 and FFXV, even Resi 7 were explicitly referenced as games being worked on for the XOX whereas FH wasn't but was still in the montage. Every other game in there was in some way related to the briefing. FH wasnt...at least plainly. Surely for it to be used in an official promotion for the XOX it would need to be relevant? Come on Ubisoft, give us a clue...

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 12:03 PM
Is this the official acronym? The hugs and kisses?

Haha, didn't think of that, but it's kinda perfect ;)

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Surely for it to be used in an official promotion for the XOX it would need to be relevant? Come on Ubisoft, give us a clue...

That would seem to be a logical conclusion.

TheNoEffect
06-13-2017, 12:06 PM
Can this be put to the gang on Thursday?

Draghmar
06-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Surely for it to be used in an official promotion for the XOX it would need to be relevant? Come on Ubisoft, give us a clue...
I see two explanations here:
1. Ubi plans to make reedeition of FH for the new Xbox because this is great occasion for making money. Just wrap it in 'Bigger, Better' and it's gonna be sold.
2. Microsoft did that by themselves. It happened before.

TheNoEffect
06-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Theres no reason for Microsoft to 'randomly' throw games in to thay montage for no reason. There was no other game thrown in in that way (noticeably no Halo 5 update even though Halo 5 was the banner for the Microsoft Briefing on the E3 website). Too much planning and rehearsal goes into every decision for E3 briefings for this to be random or a mistake. Every company knows that every facet of what you bring to E3 is going to be seen by millions and sets the tone for journalists, advertisement and ultimately project success or failure. I refuse to believe someone 'mistakenly added FH rather than Assassin's Creed. There is a reason why FH was in there and I want to know what it is.