PDA

View Full Version : Is Origins the last primarily singleplayer Assassin's Creed?

melbye82
06-12-2017, 11:31 PM
Seems like Ubisoft on their way to make all their games like Division and Wildlands. As someone who hates online-games i would be really disappointed

wvstolzing
06-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Those games were designed from the ground-up as multiplayer titles though. AC introduced tacked-on multiplayer, which did pretty well, and they finally dropped it. If ubisoft decides to go full MMO on all their franchises, they'd just end AC.

VestigialLlama4
06-13-2017, 01:03 AM
Seems like Ubisoft on their way to make all their games like Division and Wildlands. As someone who hates online-games i would be really disappointed

Not sure about "last". But Ubisoft hasn't had Multiplayer since Black Flag. They had Co-Op Drop-In Drop-Out for UNITY but people hated it (and the game on the whole). Rogue and Syndicate was purely Single Player.

TexasCaesar
06-13-2017, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I remember Ubisoft saying that, but I don't believe that's the case. If anything, they've been cutting multiplayer out of these games; Unity only had co-op, no competitive, and Syndicate didn't have multiplayer at all.

Plus, Ubisoft publishes and continues to publish other single-player games.

I'm not too worried for the franchise. I do think co-op had a really bad effect on Unity, though. All the coolest stuff was in the co-op missions, and I really wish it had been worked into the single-player campaign instead.

JakeyChappers
06-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Not sure about "last". But Ubisoft hasn't had Multiplayer since Black Flag. They had Co-Op Drop-In Drop-Out for UNITY but people hated it (and the game on the whole). .

Unity, after all the bugs were gone, is a great game. The Customization, Combat and Co-op were really well done and I don't know many people who disagree, most of the abuse it received were due to the glitches on release. Playing a co-op mission with 4 assassin mates is great fun

AnimusLover
06-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Not sure about "last". But Ubisoft hasn't had Multiplayer since Black Flag. They had Co-Op Drop-In Drop-Out for UNITY but people hated it (and the game on the whole). Rogue and Syndicate was purely Single Player.

I think you know what the OP means i.e. online where you play with other players. Whether Co-Op or MP is irrelevant.

VestigialLlama4
06-14-2017, 03:10 PM
Unity, after all the bugs were gone, is a great game. The Customization, Combat and Co-op were really well done and I don't know many people who disagree, most of the abuse it received were due to the glitches on release. Playing a co-op mission with 4 assassin mates is great fun

Well the abuse on the glitches would not have been bad had the story not been criticized for being terrible as well as the side missions. And of course the fact that the game is a laughably false representation of the history and utterly against the spirit of the games that came before.

strigoi1958
06-14-2017, 03:31 PM
I loved Unity... hundreds of hours in game.. if not a thousand... the club competitions were great... even if people lost they got access to the rewards a few weeks later. The co-op missions could all be done solo, I met players from every continent around the world and learned new techniques and tips... it was fun and we laughed a lot... nobody got angry if someone made a mistake... it was laid back. 4 friends in co-op is definitely fun... although 30 idiots trying to spite each other in gta V is not fun, Gta V is a lot of fun with friends in a closed session. So People didn't hate Unity, some people hated/ loved Unity.

But AC games have usually been a very good long campaign and that's the style of games I love. I don't know for sure, but as ubi has several titles that already cater for online gaming or MP I do not think AC will go that way.

TR.Misterscruff
06-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Agree with my fellow AC follower above love the single player experience, enjoyed the co op, but for gods sake do not spoil it like they have done with The Division.