PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - June 13th, 2017

UbiSkyBear
06-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Hello Officers,

Here’s what you can expect from our latest patch:

- Fixed Infinite Impulse / Warp during Ongoing Voyages.
- Fixed various issues around the Invite system.
- “Private Match” is now known as “Custom Lobby”. Feel free to invite your friends for an invite only session or invite some friends before opening it up for other players to join!
- Matchmaking should no longer place you into inactive lobbies.
- Various Mission Improvements.

- Usability improvements to the Impulse / Warp process.

- Improvements to scanning a fugitive ship and transporting fugitives.
- Additional functionality has been implemented for community management purposes.
- Minor crash & bug fixes.
- Addressed issues with “Headset Removed” Warning on HTC Vive and Out of Bounds messaging on both HTC Vive and Oculus.

Star Trek: Bridge Crew Team

DeanONH
06-13-2017, 12:28 PM
What about the control panel height issue?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679647-Sitting-too-high-above-avatar-Bridge-control-panels-intersect-chairs-and-legs

filmgeek47
06-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Nice work for a first patch. I'm curious about the "various mission improvements."

As has been said by many others, hoping to hear something in the near future about plans for more missions.

bacilus_subtilis
06-13-2017, 04:22 PM
As of 1120 EDT (1520 zulu), I have access to the patch on my PS4.

somnivore
06-13-2017, 05:15 PM
The offical patch post is closed so we can't discuss so lets chat in here :D

Fixed Infinite Impulse / Warp during Ongoing Voyages.
Fixed various issues around the Invite system.
“Private Match” is now known as “Custom Lobby”. Feel free to invite your friends for an invite only session or invite some friends before opening it up for other players to join!
Matchmaking should no longer place you into inactive lobbies.
Various Mission Improvements.
Usability improvements to the Impulse / Warp process.
Improvements to scanning a fugitive ship and transporting fugitives.
Additional functionality has been implemented for community management purposes.
Minor crash & bug fixes.
Addressed issues with “Headset Removed” Warning on HTC Vive and Out of Bounds messaging on both HTC Vive and Oculus.

The custom lobby has to be one of the best items, trying to play games with friends and randoms was a nightmare before and just based on luck (luck in that you didn't keep joining a full server before inviting a friend)
Can't wait to see how scanning and transporting has been improved, and what changes have been made to improve missions.
Keep up the good work and lets make this the best VR game out there!

Er, they're just changing the name. Private match already works like that - you can Open Room from the Actions menu, iirc.

Captain_Slogg
06-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Nice loading logos now tho. New and old Trek insignia. I hope this trend continue. If they keep updating and patching this could be an incredible game.

NucHaz
06-13-2017, 09:56 PM
What about the control panel height issue?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679647-Sitting-too-high-above-avatar-Bridge-control-panels-intersect-chairs-and-legs

I just tried the new patch and the height issue was not addressed. I still center up on top of the crewmans lap and stuff is inside and below my legs. The boundary area is bigger so when I stand up a little and recenter (usually waste the first 5 min of every time re-centering over and over until I get it about right) my screen goes black much less often. I can turn my head down now, so thats nice. It is still a pain in the butt to get centered though, I hope this is fixed in the next patch at least. I am using a vive with large room scale.

Novanavich
06-14-2017, 03:12 PM
I just tried the new patch and the height issue was not addressed. I still center up on top of the crewmans lap and stuff is inside and below my legs. The boundary area is bigger so when I stand up a little and recenter (usually waste the first 5 min of every time re-centering over and over until I get it about right) my screen goes black much less often. I can turn my head down now, so thats nice. It is still a pain in the butt to get centered though, I hope this is fixed in the next patch at least. I am using a vive with large room scale.

Does centering whilst looking up help resolve this issue? I have a Vive and this action places everything higher.

SuperNoverz
06-14-2017, 05:13 PM
had a lot of problems since the patch - timeouts launching a mission and now random issues with no sound in the game lobby. From bad to worse :(

WeirdWizardDave
06-14-2017, 08:47 PM
One thing I really like is how much quicker the objective updates register and populate on the map. Also the local map is available much more quickly for the captain after warping/impulsing into a new location which is great.

shimkwan
06-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Since the patch my MOVE controllers are sticky...anyone else experience this?

Lt._Cmdr._Ryan
06-15-2017, 06:36 AM

I can see how this might be an issue for you. I'm can't cross my legs Picard style and use the controls. I have to sit properly in my chair. The only thing I can think of is messing around with your VIVE setup a bit so it works for you.

Emexrulsier
06-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Maybe if you redo you room scale and when you calibrate the floor put your controllers on a chair or something? Not sure if this will help but worth a try?

shimkwan
06-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Maybe if you redo you room scale and when you calibrate the floor put your controllers on a chair or something? Not sure if this will help but worth a try?

Am definitely going to try everything in the book, cant play like this with it sticking all over the place, cheers

Mulletino
06-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Since the patch my MOVE controllers are sticky...anyone else experience this?

eww, the patch wasn't that exciting was it? :confused: