PDA

View Full Version : First impressions ?

Arckanama
06-12-2017, 09:56 PM
Hi, everyone!

I'm starting this thread to see how you guys, reacted to the announce! I have to say that I really CAN'T WAIT for it! I haven't had any idea Ubisoft was preparing something like this, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed ! The game looks awesome, very strategic on multi phases as we have seen on the trailer, but so damn beautiful !!!

I hope I'll have an access to the beta to try it, and I wish I was in LA right now to try it out but I'll wait !!

So, are you guys as impatient as I am ??

Arcka'

GamingGHOSTR
06-12-2017, 10:14 PM
I've been waiting forever for a good pirate game.
Sea of Thieves is looking good too, but I'm on the Skull & Bones ship now, can't wait to know more about the game!

Arckanama
06-12-2017, 10:23 PM
I've been waiting forever for a good pirate game.
Sea of Thieves is looking good too, but I'm on the Skull & Bones ship now, can't wait to know more about the game!

Yeah I agree with you, but I think Skull & Bones will look more adult and more difficult than Sea of Thieves, and I think this is what would change the done for Ubi :)

BLAST2K18
06-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Super hyped :D

WendysBrioche
06-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Ya I'm completely forgetting about Sea of Thieves.

When I looked at that game I'd be like, "It looks cool, but I wish it were more serious and realistic in theme, less cartoonish."

Literally out of the blue, Ubisoft did it!

I think it was really smart for Ubi to not leave it's Black Flag mechanics to waste, and build on them for an all new different Pirate SERIES that is soooo much better on so many levels than even Black Flag.

AC 4 was one of my favorite games in the AC series for that reason alone, and while I'm also super uber stoaked for Origins in Egypt, (like, A LOT), the fact we're also getting a Pirate game stand-alone series with all the bells and whistles of Black Flag but now more,.... next gen.... so freaking beautiful....

I'm just dying now.

Literally Ubisoft's best E3 ever imh freaking opinion. I'm dying....

Soooo happy :D

Sartharax
06-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Wow. Looks really cool.

+I liked that you saw the crew.
+ That you could board.
+ That the crew talked.

- I dident like the speed and sync of shooting. If the entire demo was stunning, the shooting dident have the feeling like the rest. Once you order "Fire" there should be a little random timespread between each cannon how long after the fire order that it acually shoots.

+ Water was very alive and impressive.
+That weather and wind will play a role.
+Amazing Graphics overall.

If this game goes beyond only PvP a ship at sea and shooting, but also other aspects of pirateing I would be extremely excited.

I havent played much UBISOFT before but with ForHonor and Ghost Recon Wildlands and more we can now se a game developer that dares to go outside to target the wide market but instead focus on quality for game feeling and mechanics. Blizzard for example was a great company that did pioneer in the 90th but now they only make safe bets. Thats why I left them, their credibility has vanished over the years because they never release something new, something of their own that we has never seen before. But UBISOFT really impress me.

I've signed up for sure and hope this game turns out at least as good at the feeling I have in my stomach now.

Well done UBISOFT.

Englishkid_3
06-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Looks really good. I'm excited for it; the best part about AC 4/ black flag was the naval combat. If we see the same system flushed out into a proper game I have very high hopes. Definetly a better looking game then Sea of Theives.

However, I am slightly concerned about the content. How much actual game will there be in there? I'm all for multiplayer but I like a good story driven campaign too. Hopefully there will be a killer (literally) single player story as well

Englishkid_3

Morgan-GW
06-12-2017, 11:00 PM
It was amusing that I had AC Pirates paused while watching the E3 stream. :-)

Anyway, in "wait and see" mode because while I think it's gorgeous, I'm hoping is has some sort of single player that will be worth buying (because I don't do MP).

mgrandy2017
06-12-2017, 11:00 PM
ever since black flag ive been searching for something like this, just seen E3 looks epic graphical wise. cant wait for the pvp aspect of stuff o please dont milk micro transactions on it unless its like stuff that dont affect game play like say sail colours. lets hope you get the balance right between the ranks. o and make it real hard to rank up.
like most dont play ubi soft much could this turn the tide who knows
may i say again in bold "HYPE"

melbye82
06-12-2017, 11:28 PM
Loved what i saw up until they said it was online only, then any hype died

Kaffeebohne.
06-12-2017, 11:52 PM
I have to say it looks very good so far, but you can only tell how good it`ll actually be when you have played it.

I tend to not get too hyped lately, but this kind of hooked me. *cough*
Im a little preoccupied here since i am a sailor myself plus ive played and loved Assassins Creed Black Flag.

I think if they manage to carry on the vibe and feel of AC4 and add a good Multiplayer experience on top of that, which is actually able to motivate the player long term this game might just be somewhat successful.
However im unsure if the target audience is big enough, considering how few players (to my experience and knowlage) acknowladged the beauty of the sea-fights in AC4.
But then, maybe those players just wanted your typical AC experience without all the sailing and admittedly the story of AC4 didnt catch me as much either...

I really loved the shanties on board and i hope that theyll manage to carry them on into this game.
I also hope that theyll have some sort of first person boarding in this game, since i actually quite enjoyed entering a ship in person at times (AC4).
Though i sometimes found the movement to be a bit finicky.

Also curious to see how realistic the sailing physics and controls will be.
One one hand you dont want to scare of casual players with any kind of complicated sailing maneuvers but on the other hand that could be a potential factor for long term motivation, a good learning curve and a tactical component.

Oh and i really hope that there will be more ships than just your typical Galleon.
J-Class ships for instance a simply beautiful. Though i heavily doubt that they could be used for any kind of fighting :D

AND btw this game could be SOOOO much fun with friends and on LAN-Partys :D

Hopefully i get lucky enough to be invited to the Beta, id really like to find out how good it is myself.
Hyped :cool:

distrust74
06-13-2017, 12:38 AM
Visuals and design look stunning, I`d love it if it was singleplayer focussed.

I always hoped Black Flag would be turned into it`s own pirate/rpg-ish franchise, the Black Sails series certainly added to that urge.
But tbh. I don`t want to be limited to naval combat, no matter how well done it is.
If the game would allow to create your own custom captain, play on land, maybe hire crew, find leads to treasure, do quests and have a bit of sword combat I`d be super hyped.
But I don`t expect any of that right now :(

SteampunkJester
06-13-2017, 01:00 AM
Loved what i saw up until they said it was online only, then any hype died

I'm almost on the same boat, but I'm still holding out hope that there's some form of solo play/single player.

Kimarous
06-13-2017, 01:05 AM
I've been saying for years that Ubisoft should make a piracy naval game without the lore shenanigans of the Assassin's Creed franchise, so come what may, I'm excited about it.

Mia.Nora
06-13-2017, 01:34 AM
Judging by how For Honor turned out, I am certain game wont even have dedicated servers so there will be an error pop every few minutes, absolute lack of balance and of course microstansactions after we pay full price. Totally holding my horses until game gets 3-4 months old after release so I can check established reviews.

I made the mistake of preordering For Honor, newer again with Ubisoft.

Morgan-GW
06-13-2017, 06:21 AM
I'm almost on the same boat, but I'm still holding out hope that there's some form of solo play/single player.Same here. No single, no buy. I don't have any problem with the MP folks having their fun, I just won't be joining them :-).

Morgan-GW
06-13-2017, 06:28 AM
From another thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1687219-Will-Skull-and-Bones-include-avatar-combat-and-land-based-exploration?p=12707714&viewfull=1#post12707714

Skull & Bones takes place, and is played from, the helm of one's ship. The quintessential Pirate experience takes place at sea. This is where they lived, ate, worked, fought, died and built their legend.

I am sure that, upon learning more about the game, you'll see that there is more than enough interesting gameplay to be had at sea http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png
So, For Honor on ships. Have fun, mates, I'm out.

Nikaa47
06-13-2017, 11:38 AM
My first Impression was "Oh another overhyped and overprieced game by Ubisoft.".
This one will have the same Problems like all of their Games, wether its the boring repetitive gameplay like in AC, Far Cry, The Crew or Wildlands or the multiplayer ones like Rainbow Six, The Division or For Honor.
But Hey! their Trailers are always great.

amnesss
06-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Well, this seems cool but I don't know yet :/

The graphics looks really pleasant. The gameplay of combat looks really cool from what i've seen from the trailer but what we've seen make the game enjoyable for 5 / 10 hours only. We dont know enough of how it works in terme of gamedesign and endgames. Is it open world ? is it more like 5v5 For honor arena pvp ? We need to know that before. But one thing is sure.
The division // For Honor // Wildlands Epicly failed to maintain players on duration so i dont have a lot of hope for this one. .Dream is still a good option tho.

The sad thing is i said almost the same thing when i beta test For honor and The division, and nothing changed so i'd guess it will be same here. Plan are already made and what we wrote here wont change anything. We can just finger crossed and hope their plan are better than theirs previous games.

If not, well, the game will be cool to try out coupls of hours and then forget it. like a Mc donalds.

Tsuzukie
06-14-2017, 01:51 AM
Looks good but if it ends up being battlefield 5v5 PVP only with no PVE then no thanks. I grow tired of PVP only games! A soon as the next big thing comes out the games are abandoned and I have a 60+dollar worthless pos in my library. It's happened too many times!

HoIcon
06-14-2017, 03:12 AM
I was very interested when I saw it but after watching it again I started to worry
There was no actual boarding/melee combat just a quick cutscene which made me think you probably can't leave the ship at all and visit islands on foot with friends and interact with NPC's
It was also a 5v5 game mode they showed so there might not be any kind of free roam or co-operative mode and you'll go to these game modes from a big ugly immersion breaking main menu like in For Honor

SLAPAPOW
06-14-2017, 05:21 AM
I was very interested when I saw it but after watching it again I started to worry
There was no actual boarding/melee combat just a quick cutscene which made me think you probably can't leave the ship at all and visit islands on foot with friends and interact with NPC's
It was also a 5v5 game mode they showed so there might not be any kind of free roam or co-operative mode and you'll go to these game modes from a big ugly immersion breaking main menu like in For Honor
Exactly. There is so much more to being a pirate than just naval combat.

NashHero
06-14-2017, 08:05 AM
I voted! I'm so excited about this new game. :D I can't wait to try it ahaha.

Nash