PDA

View Full Version : What's considered high level play?

ceaser64
06-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Just curious I've seen people say "in high level play" a million times here. What is generally considered high level play? Is it just tournaments?

XxHunterHxX
06-12-2017, 11:21 AM
if you know how to make feint + unlock zone atacks then that is high level play ! so exploit and you ir consider a pro ! That and if you ir abale to ghet one guy in a combo stuck so much that he just dies once you start doing the combo again...pro player !

meh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjZZV6lmlDg

Epoqx
06-12-2017, 11:29 AM
if you know how to make feint + unlock zone atacks then that is high level play ! so exploit and you ir consider a pro ! That and if you ir abale to ghet one guy in a combo stuck so much that he just dies once you start doing the combo again...pro player !

meh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjZZV6lmlDg

You should consider leaving the game or at least make a break from it, as each one of your post is negativ as f***.

High level isnt Pro first of all. Just a bunch of people knowing the entire mechanics of the game and from each characters. They know how to exploit each move and timings much better than lower level players. Generally they play competitively (not all of em), so they do spam the better moves.

At least i see it like this : skillz and knowledge.

ceaser64
06-12-2017, 11:30 AM
I must be horrible....I've never even bothered to look up any techs/exploits.

Here I was thinking it was about feinting, CGB knowing movesets and mindgames.

Jasado
06-12-2017, 12:37 PM
The real answer is anything that you can use as a buffer to justify complaining about anything and everything that doesn't make your personal character the best in the entire roster.

Also making your character's moves that may be some of the objective best moves in the game "barely viable, all it can rely on" and complaining you don't have more, instead of focusing on how to add value to your less OP attacks.

Oh, and no video sources of any "high level play" except some PC players staring at each other in top stance for 2 hours in 60 fps.

It's just general consensus there's just tons of unseen players who parry every move you'd LIKE to do except something op (with no reliable sourcing beyond a GIF or written anecdote), and that's justification that everything sucks.

And pretending the 30fps/60fps difference "isn't really that big a deal" while simultaneously talking about "high level play", where every little thing is supposed to matter.

Not like DOUBLE FRAMERATE could impact that in any way.

Probably the only thing to take seriously is how stale gameplay gets with really good people because it's more feinting and afking for a parry than it is actually fighting. But that's a systematic issue rather than an individual one.

If intermediate to advanced play is feinting, mindgames, conditioning, and CGB, then "high level play" would be knowing every character matchup very well, probably knowing each character's moveset very comfortably, and being able to predict various flowchart combo branches from each move your opponent makes, meaning the mindgames and responses are higher level and farther reaching, but made on a moment by moment basis.

Unless you at least understand enough to follow the process as it happens, beyond a couple "whoa" moments of legit skilled people defending situation you aren't used to, it wouldn't seem that much different from a normal fight, so. *shrug*

ceaser64
06-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Well that sounds pretty boring. I think I'll stick to mid level play.

As for these elusive all mighty turtles, I play console so yes I understand it's less of a problem, but I think the entire time I've played It's got to be like 1 percent of people I've gone up against are that skilled that just parry and block and CGB me on everything. Not that i destroy all turtles. I'm just saying I have rarely seen turtles that good. There's lots of turtles, just not many that good.
However I've done it to a few people, Not bc I'm all that good, just in the zone, maybe had a good buzz or something and My opponent was obviously lesser experienced with either the game or that charachter or maybe they were just bad, I don't know. I'm sure we've all experienced this right?

That could be part of it.
Honestly I been lurking for a few months and I was under the assumption that all the turtle threads were aimed at PC, or at least most.

Edit: it's an Internet forum. Of course people are going to be slinging mud and insults all day over everything, on or off topic. The blessing of anonymity lol