PDA

View Full Version : Capture the flag

Baggin_
06-11-2017, 02:37 PM
I would love a capture the flag mode and i believe i know how it could be done.

So there's 1 flag in the middle of the map surrounded by minions ( opposing minions on your side. Your team can not pick up the flag until you have killed all of the enemy minions. Once your team has the flag you have to take it back to your goal (in your spawn side) The catch is that there are tougher enemy minions there that will respawn when you kill them and that will only stay permanently dead when you kill them while your team holds the flag. You can only score once all enemy minions are dead.

Respawn placement/time for non flag holding team would have to vary through testing of this. If you have any other ideas that you could add on to this feel free.

Gray360UK
06-11-2017, 02:49 PM
It's been suggested a few times, and always greeted as interesting feedback. I am not sure what plans they have for adding new modes though, there has never been any talk of doing so as far as I know, and I have a horrible feeling we might never see any.

Baggin_
06-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Hopefully we'll see a new game mode. I really think ctf would work really well this way.

Sir_rage_quit
06-11-2017, 05:30 PM
im all for that game mode but guys there is so many issue already with this game i would like it more if they fix things before creating new things

Baggin_
06-11-2017, 05:38 PM
I really like this game despite it's problems. I think the game is pretty balanced anyways with not too many issues, but I also play pretty much duel and brawl unless i've got orders to do.

UbiJurassic
06-12-2017, 12:10 AM
Other than our "ranked tournament mode", we haven't talked about any other game modes just yet. The community has come up with a lot of great ideas for game modes. My personal favorite was one where a player created a gated coliseum mode where individual duels would take place in several rooms where the gates to the next room would only lift when only one remained. He even made a 3D model of the proposed map! Creating new, interesting game modes on development's side takes a great deal of time. Should we receive any information about upcoming gamemodes, we'll be sure to update you all.

Tyrjo
06-12-2017, 08:23 AM
I don't think CTF will be very enjoyable. Trying to catch that sprinting Shinobi with the flag will not be fun. Imo FH is about staying and fighting, not chasing people.

ceaser64
06-12-2017, 11:35 AM
I don't think CTF will be very enjoyable. Trying to catch that sprinting Shinobi with the flag will not be fun. Imo FH is about staying and fighting, not chasing people.

Simple fix. Your hold a flag right? Probably with two hands. And you can't full on sprint, only run. Need your team to protect you.

Lyskir
06-12-2017, 11:49 AM
Other than our "ranked tournament mode", we haven't talked about any other game modes just yet. The community has come up with a lot of great ideas for game modes. My personal favorite was one where a player created a gated coliseum mode where individual duels would take place in several rooms where the gates to the next room would only lift when only one remained. He even made a 3D model of the proposed map! Creating new, interesting game modes on development's side takes a great deal of time. Should we receive any information about upcoming gamemodes, we'll be sure to update you all.

that sounds awesome

Gray360UK
06-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Simple fix. Your hold a flag right? Probably with two hands. And you can't full on sprint, only run. Need your team to protect you.

This. I posted this elsewhere because CTF has been mentioned several times before, and someone always seems to think fast characters will run off with the flag and that will be the end of that. I have played many CTF modes in other games where having the flag halves your run speed / disables various moves. For example in World of Warcraft as a Rogue you cannot go into stealth with a flag.

Oni-Nikuya
06-12-2017, 12:27 PM
I'd be just has happy to see Dominion play like it's supposed to and not just be skirmish with more creeps.

ceaser64
06-12-2017, 04:32 PM
This. I posted this elsewhere because CTF has been mentioned several times before, and someone always seems to think fast characters will run off with the flag and that will be the end of that. I have played many CTF modes in other games where having the flag halves your run speed / disables various moves. For example in World of Warcraft as a Rogue you cannot go into stealth with a flag.

Ah I might have ganked that idea from you subconsciously then🤔
Either or, it's a pretty self-evident solution. Common sense really