PDA

View Full Version : @Ubisoft Whats the identity of the game? CC spam in 4vs4 solution?

AzureSky.
06-10-2017, 08:32 PM
The game is supposed to be a fighting game or a moba? I say this because the original idea of the game (and the actual balance) is centered around 1vs1 mode, but i see you pushing the players into playing dominion mode (more exp and loot, a lot more of orders for that mode that increase players for only that mode, cosmetics give additional damage and other things, etc) even if that means using a fighting game netcode (that works amazing in 1vs1 and in some cases 2vs2) but is really bad in 8 players modes. (p2p is designed for less people)

You will not be able to balance the game for this 2 modes, they are just too different, you cant cc spam in 1vs1 but you can in 4vs4 and its the best tactic at the moment, all the skill involved in 1vs1 its useless if you are playing 1vs2 or 3, you just cant do the mixups of the character you are playing and just need to rely on revenge, otherwise you get attacked by the other player when you are grabing the enemy or after you do a light parry and you are punishing the enemy with a heavy (and you get hit with a GB at the start of your heavy or a heavy from another player)

You stopped the light spamm in this game with block, but cc spam in 4vs4 modes is not stopped even if you do a skillfull action, my suggestion is adding a invunerability to cc frames (kind of the same as you try to gb someone that is already GB by a ally) so the enemy that wants to cc spam you to death after you did a parry falls to the floor.

Also this is applied if you stack cc (if you attack a enemy that is already stunned by a ally player with a cc move), if you stack cc you get knocked back, the same as trying to gb a enemy that is already guard broken, if the enemy is in revenge mode you get knocked to the floor instead.

ZUNniK.
06-10-2017, 10:23 PM
4vs4 is evolving to a real problem in this game. ignore the new chars (it has been said enogh). the lack of skill required in dominion is becoming absurd. there is no skill needed. stick togehter and gangrape. no other skill needed. with that strategy you will win at least 80-90% of your games.
ye skilled players die less and have a few more kills on their cards. thats it. i know revenge was too powerful before the nerf, but it forced you to hold zones. go 1 on 1.
i loved these situation facing someone 1 vs one and fight for the zone. it doesnt happen anymore. there is no real skill involved, you dont have to use the moveset of your hero. i think thats a terrible direction for this game mode. its basically skirmish with zones. and i think we all agree that skirmish is the most idiotic mode in the game.
Some sort of solution is in my opinion, bring back revenge. and get rid of those revenge gear stats. they are stupid. give everyone same powerful revenge to turn a game around. to eventually stand your ground even against 3 if you are skilled enough. but im open for every other solution to lead this game mode in a other direction.

UbiNoty
06-10-2017, 11:12 PM
We're choosing to treat all modes equally. We're not favoring 1v1s, or 2v2 or 4v4s over any of the others. We like all of them, and we want our players to be able to enjoy all of them. It's why we do need time for balancing and why sometimes balance won't always be perfect.

We're working to address the problems that currently exist in 4v4 at the moment however, and (although I'm pretty sure I've passed along something similar) I'll bring up your suggestion about invulnerability to cc frames to the team.

AzureSky.
06-11-2017, 01:01 AM
We're choosing to treat all modes equally. We're not favoring 1v1s, or 2v2 or 4v4s over any of the others. We like all of them, and we want our players to be able to enjoy all of them. It's why we do need time for balancing and why sometimes balance won't always be perfect.

We're working to address the problems that currently exist in 4v4 at the moment however, and (although I'm pretty sure I've passed along something similar) I'll bring up your suggestion about invulnerability to cc frames to the team.

Thanks, also tell them the part about the frames after a succesfull parry that makes the enemy fall of if they cc you and knockback if they stack cc (without the victim of the 1vs3 doing a parry)

That way you evade the problem of just adding invulnerability cc frames since if you just add that the victims of the attacks wont have time to do actions (since the others will just attack after the parry from many directions and kill him anyway).

doing this allows them to breath a little and keep fighting, they will still die but with this you evade mindless cc spam (people that know this will do it right and not spam it, but people that only cc spam will face the consequences)